Songs about pregnancy, or babies?

fonsy

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone! I need some help finding songs about becoming pregnant, or having a baby; like Celine Dion's song "A New Day Has Come". My best friend tried for 6 years. And now finally she's pregnant!. So I wanted to make her a CD. Thanks in advance. I also posted this on the community board, but I think here is better.

There is a fairly new Carly Simon CD "Into the White" all of the songs are really beautiful. They are geared for a baby or mom. There is one song that literally makes me cry, it is about a child being the love of her life it is so pretty w/ out being sappy like those "fathers eyes" type of songs.
I think any Mom to be would :love: it, & she can listen to it in the car w/ the new Babe!!

I love Love LOVED Allison Kraus' version of Baby Mine from Dumbo. :) It used to my daughter's lullabye.

Baby Mine is one of my favorites! I also love-

Natural Woman
It will be me - Faith Hill
You are my sunshine
You are the sunshine of my life
The Wonder of You- Elvis
O Sole Mio - Pavorotti
So this is love- Cinderella
Once upon a Dream- Sleeping Beauty
A Dream is a wish your heart makes- Cinderella
When you wish upon a star- Jiminy Cricket
I'm every woman - Whitney Houston

These are a few that I can think of quickly. I will come back later with more.

The Mad About You soundtrack some has really good ones.

Things We've Handed Down by Marc Cohn
Lullabye For you by Bebe Winans
She Crawls Away by Hottie and the Blowfish
My First Child by Nil Lara
Beautiful Boy by John Lennon
Baby Girl by The Tony Rich Project

Desi Arnaz sang a beautiful song on "I Love Lucy" when Lucy told Ricky she was expecting. It's called "We're having a baby, my baby and me".

Two of my favorites:
Child of Mine by Carole King
In my Daughter's Eyes by Martina McBride

I get choked up every time I hear these songs!

Technically not about babies or pregnancy, but "I Could Not Ask For More" by Edwin McCain. I heard this the night my DS was born. Two years of fertility treatment, 2 miscarriages and a stillborn daughter, and here I was, finally, with my healthy baby in my arms. "I have all I've waited for, and I could not ask for more". :love: :love:

Also, "Taking You Home" by Don Henley. "There were days, lonely days, when the world wouldn't throw me a crumb...but I kept on believing that this day would come...and this love, is like nothing I have ever known...take my hand...I'm taking you home". :love: :love:

DH gets teary every time he hears Arms Wide Open by Creed, written when he found out he was going to be a Dad for the first time.

You Raise Me Up- Josh Groban
Let Them Be Little- Billy Dean
From this Moment- Shania Twain
Ave Maria
Have I told you Lately that I love you?- Rod Stewart
You are so beautiful to me- Joe Cocker
The first time ever I saw your face - Roberta Flack (think sonogram)
I am you Child- Barry Mannilow
Annie's Song (you fill up my senses) John Denver
The Gift- Jim Brickman

Listen to any love song and it is fitting for a child. There truly is no love like the love you have for your child.:love: :cloud9:

Our song while we were waiting to have our 1st child was
Blessed - By Elton John It talks about how blessed a child would be if only one would come to you. It is beautiful!

This is not technically a baby song, and I don't even know the titel or artist, but I know someone will!!

When I was pregnant for the 1st time, the song "I knew I loved you before I met you. I think I brought you into life" or something like that came out on the radio (2000). I know it was a love song, but I sang it as a love song for my unborn child.

When I was pregnant with DS my sister gave me the Anne Geddes "Miracle" book/CD set. Beautiful Anne Geddes photographs and equally beautiful, touching songs recorded by Celine Dion. These songs made me cry while I was expecting and do so even more since giving birth to my own little "miracle":cloud9: It was the most touching gift given to me when I was expecting - I think it'd be perfect for your friend:thumbsup2 I think you can get it at any book store, or amazon - here's a link for a bit of info:
http://www.annegeddes.com/products/books/miracle.aspx

Congrats to your friend, and what a great friend you are!

It's an old song, and not very mainstream, but Kate Bush's Room for the Life is about pregnancy.

"No, we never die for long,
While we've got that little life
To live for, where it's hid inside.
No, we never die for long,
Oh! Woman, two in one,

There's room for a life in your womb, woman,
Inside of you can be two, woman,
There's room for a life in your womb, woman,
Mama woman, aha!"

You can probably find it on ITunes, and preview it before you buy.

Best of luck to her!

Thank you soooooooo much everyone! I knew I could count on my friends from DIS. This would mean so much to my friend. Thanks guys :goodvibes. And thanks to all of you who shared your stories. She'll be so happy. :banana:

This is not technically a baby song, and I don't even know the titel or artist, but I know someone will!!

When I was pregnant for the 1st time, the song "I knew I loved you before I met you. I think I brought you into life" or something like that came out on the radio (2000). I know it was a love song, but I sang it as a love song for my unborn child.

I Knew I Loved You, by Savage Garden! I was pregnant with DD7 when I first heard that song and oh I cried, it was so beautiful and although it was meant as a love song, it was my song for my new baby, I still get teary-eyed when I hear that song and think about my sweet little girl I waited so long to have.

"Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder
"For Baby" by John Denver
"You'll Be in My Heart" by Phil Collins (Tarzan soundtrack)
"Little One" this is from a children's CD/book set called Rhinocerous Tap by Sandra Boynton. Most of the songs are funny and silly, but "Little One" is sweet.
"House at Pooh Corner" and "Return to Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins
"Lullabye/Goodnight My Angel" by Billy Joel

Again - a "love" song - but I sing "You are the Music in Me" (HSM 2)to my almost 4 year old dd. That and Baby Mine from Dumbo and You'll be in my Heart from Tarzan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter