Sometimes things don't always go according to plan TR! (8/27-9/1) UPDATED 9/7

That rain looks scary. I hate driving in those conditions. As for the house walk through, my DH does that. I am the forgetful one and I am terrible at remembering.

DH drove down and I was grateful for that. I think I would have been one of those drivers parked on the side of the road waiting for the skies to clear up :rotfl2:

Great start! It was my kids first day of school today too! This will be fun comparing notes on your TR as we were there the same week! Had a great trip...but decided after fives years and the seemingly hot and humid weather, we are going to take a break from summer and hopefully try November to see the Christmas decorations IF free dining is offered:)

Hope your kids had a great first day :goodvibes WDW is so much fun when its decorated for Christmas! And the weather is a lot more bearable! We will be taking our next trip in July (the week of the 4th of July :eek:)...not looking forward to the weather OR the crowds!

Monday, Aug. 27

We were up and at 'em at 5:30 am. Ok, maybe I hit the snooze once or twice :rolleyes1 but were out the door and headed to WDW at

7944901628_1bfcc59199.jpg

The clock in van is set 7 min. fast :confused3 so it was actually 6:20 am. I wanted to be out the door by 6:00 since we had to check in at ASMovies and the girls and I had an ADR at Akershus at 8:20 am (and I still had to upgrade my ticket and purchase a TIW card :eek:), and it's about a 45 min. drive. Well, we arrived at the resort around 7:10 am. Larry dropped me off at the front so I could check in and he could find a parking spot. Check-in went pretty smoothly. I asked for adjoining rooms, and the CM said our room wouldn't be ready until 4:00 pm. Fine by me...we're going to be at Epcot anyways :cool1: I was told I would receive a text when our room was ready, she handed me our packet, Anniversary buttons, parking pass and room keys, and we were on our way. First everyone needed the restroom. When I stepped out, I noticed Larry chatting with a CM at the DVC table :confused: She talked his ear off until I told him that the girls and I had to go or we would be late for our ADR. We walked to the food court (where the boys and Larry would be eating breakfast). He explained to me that he was asking the CM about a cruise, and the conversation shifted to buying a timeshare. Yes honey, that's because you were talking to a DVC CM :lmao: It was about 7:35 am, and I did not want to be late, so we headed to the gift shop...the girls wanted the princesses to sign their autograph book and mommy forgot a pen :sad2: The gift shop was not open until 8:00 am, so we headed to the van. It was pouring down rain. Isaac was definitely making his presence known, so we armed ourselves with an umbrella and ponchos and drove off. Epcot was not a bad drive from ASMovies, and we were parked somewhere in Imagine (pretty close to the entrance). We were at the ticket windows a little after 7:50 am, and all of them were closed :eek: I asked and was assured that one would be opening soon. I kept looking at my watch...I was so nervous that we would be late because I knew we still had to walk to Norway and had no clue how long that would take! I went to Guest Relations to purchase my TIW card, and they were closed as well :confused: I recall someone saying that they opened half an hour before the first guest was allowed in the park (which should have been 7:30 am...I'm pretty sure the first ADR of the morning was 8:00 am). I asked a security guard and they told me that it would be opening soon as well. I walked the other way to check out the ticket windows, and sure enough one had just opened so the girls and I ran to it. I upgraded my ticket to an annual pass and activated B's ticket (Armed forces salute ticket), and the CM saw my Anniversary button and gave B a celebration button (she was "celebrating" my anniversary :rotfl:). I asked about Guest Relations, and he said that there was one in the park. We made our way in to Epcot and I just passed Guest Relations without purchasing the TIW card (it was already 8:10 am). The rain was starting to pick up again, so B ran while I ran with I* in the stroller. We got to Akershus right at 8:20 am. Unfortunately, stroller parking was outside. I tried my best to cover the stroller with our ponchos, but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't going to keep it dry. We checked in and waited about 10-15 minutes as it was pretty crowded.

7944901258_6d4cf3e7ed.jpg

B looking pretty wet!

7944900978_cd1869c156.jpg

I guess the stroller kept I* nice and dry!

Our party was called and I asked the CM if she had a pen we could borrow. They had a cup full of pens (probably for moms like me who cannot remember to bring their own!) and handed me 2 to keep. Belle signed the girls' autograph books

7939394968_9700ab7b1f.jpg

And the posed for our pictures that were included with the meal

7939394560_1a5bcca7fe.jpg

And I* had to give her a hug (this was an on-going theme with each character she encountered :lovestruc)

7939394122_958bf075de.jpg

After our picture, we were headed to our table to eat breakfast and meet more princesses!

Next up: Good food, meeting royalty, and getting our day started at Epcot!

Great update! Wow...I'm impressed you did all that handmade it on time...you go girl! Yes...that was a miserably wet morning :( I originally had planned that day for MK...but switched to DHS last minute due to the rain. Akershus looks great...want to try it our next trip when we are on the dining plan. I had an ADR for there but ended up canceling it (couldn't cancel Le Cellier!) since we only had one day at Epcot...but you has given me a great idea and I ended up doing a girls only breakfast at CRT:) can't wait to see how your breakfast went!

Our server, Camilla, showed us to our table. She took our drink orders and described all the goodies that were offered at the cold buffet. I ordered Coke (I asked if they had Dr. Pepper...oops, forgot we were at WDW :rotfl:). B asked me what she was allowed to drink. Since we were on vacation, I told her she could order whatever she liked. Her eyes got really big and asked, "Anything?!" SHe ordered a Coke as well ;)

7944898072_8b16857ee5.jpg

I* ordered a chocolate milk. The girls and I headed over to grab some food.

7939392516_0da9d44dff.jpg

This was the only plate I filled from the cold buffet. I wish I would have went back for seconds, but with this being our first day and the girls not wanting to miss any of the princesses, I was feeling a little overwhelmed. I loved the lingonberry pastry and salami. The fruit was cold, fresh and delicious. The pastry in back was filled with chocolate and B enjoyed a couple of those. Shortly after, Camilla brought over our hot plate filled with scrambled eggs, potato casserole (this was delicious!), bacon and sausage.

7939391364_66b0dbc5e1.jpg

Everything was very yummy. An announcement was made that the Princess Procession was about to begin. All the guests who wanted to participate were to find the closest princess as they were going to march around the restaurant. B ran to Snow White, where there were already a few little girls lined up. I* was following her sister, but was stopped by Princess Aurora.

7939393580_99b805e316.jpg

7939393130_20e14be42d.jpg

I* had a princess all to herself :lovestruc

They made their way around the restaurant, waving at everyone

7939391896_532b6ec4dc.jpg

After the procession, we quickly tried to eat in between princesses. First up was Cinderella

7939391044_64967f0316.jpg

Next up was I*'s friend, Aurora

7939390190_c784294ea8.jpg

When she approached our table, she replied, "There is my little friend!" and even called her by name. Such a magical moment!

Ariel

7939389814_d5963337e2.jpg

Of all the princesses, I think that her interaction was lacking. She also seemed very rushed. She signed their autograph book, took a picture with them, and was on her way to the next table. The girls didn't seem to mind though.

Snow White

7939389308_ac12361b60.jpg

Snow White asked I* if one of the dwarves shrunk her dress :lmao: (she was wearing a Snow White dress).

After we met all the princesses, it was time to pay the bill. Breakfast at Akershus was $34.99/adult and $20.99/child. No TIW discount since I had yet to purchase the card. We made our way back to the stroller. It was soaked, as were the ponchos that were supposed to keep the stroller dry. We made our way back to FW. It was a little before 9:30 am. I stopped at Guest Relations and purchased the TIW card and then stopped at the Photo Center next to Spaceship Earth to redeem my Photopass + voucher. I called my DH to see if they were at Epcot yet. They were at the gates (including SIL and her family) getting their tickets activated. The girls and I sat under the covered area of Spaceship Earth since it was raining. We waited a few minutes, so I called to see what was taking so long. The girls were getting antsy and the crowds were picking up. They were taking pictures with characters (Daisy and Stitch I think?) and were almost finished. A few minutes later we met up and I asked what everyone wanted to do. I wanted to ride Spaceship Earth, but the kids wanted to meet more characters so we headed to the Character Connection. Time to put that PP+ (and autograph books!) to good use! We met the Fab 5 (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto). We took lots of pictures with each character, but since practically every pictures looks the same, I will spare you and just show you our picture with Mickey ;)

7944895824_06c59a2a53.jpg

Just when were thought we were finished, we rounded the corner and there was Chip and Dale!

7944893926_fa64f31496.jpg

After meeting the characters, we stopped for a quick restroom break and headed to Spaceship Earth

7944893576_b1e3a78e22.jpg

I absolutely love this ride! L3 really wanted to ride Mission:Space, so we made our way in that direction. But we made a quick stop at Club Cool

7944893300_db528dfc6c.jpg

I love the ginger ale! DH was waiting off to the side, so I brought him a little something to drink....Beverly :stir: He knew something was up though since the kids would not stop laughing as I handed it to him

Before

7944892944_f32c97ecfb.jpg

And after :lmao:

7944892416_04146c9ab3.jpg

After filling our tummies with the free soda, we walked to Mission:Space. We were able to take our ponchos off since the rain had finally stopped :woohoo:

Next up: Via Napoli for lunch, World Showcase, and dinner at Cape May Cafe

Great update! Wow...I'm impressed you did all that handmade it on time...you go girl! Yes...that was a miserably wet morning :( I originally had planned that day for MK...but switched to DHS last minute due to the rain. Akershus looks great...want to try it our next trip when we are on the dining plan. I had an ADR for there but ended up canceling it (couldn't cancel Le Cellier!) since we only had one day at Epcot...but you has given me a great idea and I ended up doing a girls only breakfast at CRT:) can't wait to see how your breakfast went!

I wanted to do Le Cellier this trip (I even had an ADR for lunch), but I was outnumbered and we went to Via Napoli! So glad you were able to do a girls-only breakfast at CRT :cloud9: I think that is what were are going to do next time :thumbsup2

Your little one as Snow White made me squeal. Those pics with Aurora and Cinderella are keepers. I love the surprise on your poor husband. How did he describe it?

Wow...you got some great pictures at breakfast! So cute and what a magical moment! Funny...our Ariel at CRT wasn't that great either...it looks like they may be the same one:lmao: I know what you mean....CRT was wonderful but I didn't feel I got to enjoy the food that much since I felt rushed between the princesses...having DH there would have helped! Looking forward to your update...wow...three TS in one day...I'm jealous!!

Welcome back!!! Sorry about Isaac! :hug: I love the Beverly pic of Larry ;) So great your Princess got Aurora all to herself, I can only imagine how little you had to eat at Askerhus takin the pics and making sure the girls were settled :hug: Good job!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter