Sometimes Fairies have to EARN those wings! Ty's MAW TR July 10-17 2010

Yeah, I finally didn't miss the jump from the PTR to the TR. Normally, I figure it out a month later! Welcome home! I can't wait to read all about the trip! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Yeah, I finally didn't miss the jump from the PTR to the TR. Normally, I figure it out a month later! Welcome home! I can't wait to read all about the trip! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Yay! And Im so glad you made it over! I hope you like our journey!

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Thank you ellenbennu I hope to get a good part of it started tonight unless I fall asleep faster than I planned lol.

YAY found you :) Can't wait to read everything !! popcorn::
Welcome!

Jaws is always a must do for me! Cannot wait to hear about your trip!
That will definately be an interesting area as we can guess the one that didnt want to ride was??? But they did in the end!

Hey Tonya! I'm here and I'm following...hopefully you will give me the incentive I need to get working on mine!:goodvibes

oOOH I hope so! i can't wait to get all caught up again on everyone elses!!

First of all I have to say this was an amazing trip. Something we will never forget. It had its good times and not so good times but we didn't unexpect the expected. We just went with the flow and changed things as we needed to. That is the most important peice of advice I can give any Wishtripper from our experience. Number two is you better have an actual person AS WELL AS your gps. They can go a wrong way but it also helps to have a gps IN CASE THE HUMAN messess up:laughing:

One other thing. I am a detailed oriented person so hope you like to read!:rotfl::rotfl:

So I woke up at 3am. Up and at em and got what was left to do ready before I woke the others. Actually Ty met me in the livingroom not too long after I woke. My mil came over about 10til 5am and at 5:15am and I call my mom and she is jokingly saying what am I doing up and waking her up etc. So Im saying um if your coming over you need to get here now!. No sooner then I hang up the phone I looked out the door and there I saw it. I let out a hug gasp and my mil is like WHAT???? lol

Here it is:
TylersMAWtripJuly102010009.jpg
It felt as if all the weights were lifted and it would be a wonderful trip. After seeing that car I knew things would be A ok! I wasnt sure it would be an actual limo;) Till I saw it:scared1: The driver drives like my dad. Peddle on peddle off speed up slow down. It was quite interesting but I was so tired I could have cared less lol. And I was trying to keep him from sliding all over the seet lol. Me and Ty were sitting on the side seat holding on lol.

TylersMAWtripJuly102010007.jpg

We got to the airport and nothing major there. It all went pretty smoothly. Then we hopped on our plane in just enough time to sit down and get up to board. Flight was smooth and listening to music really helped me! Then we get to their airport and meet our greeter. She was really nice. Boy does she know her way around!Then we got our rental van (a Toyota Sienna about a 2010 or 11 and now we are considering getting one. ALthough I did find me a Toyota camry SE or something like that. Just trying to figure out how to get Ty's wheelchair back there:confused:

We have no problems getting to Walmart by GKTW. We stop in for a few small items (milk and juice) then head to GKTW. We pulled up to
[
TylersMAWtripJuly102010014.jpg
/SIZE]
and got all checked in. I rode on a golf cart to our "Home away from Home" Villa. It was number 203. The perfect villa for us. All we had to do was walk out our back door and there was the pier and the pool. When we looked straight out back we saw the shark and Nemo from Finding Nemo. We were also very close to all of the buildings.

TylersMAWtripJuly102010056.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010015.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010031.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010034.jpg

They had an afternoon orientation so since we had gotten there so early I took that one. I think it was around 3-3:45ish. I figured it couldnt be too hard to find my way right? WRONG! I of course got lost and ended up needing another ride on a golf cart:rotfl2:Getting lost seemed to be the most travelled route for us throughout the trip:lmao:

Tim took the kids and did a little exploring then after I was done with orientation we got some good food from Katies Kitchen. We loved the Rotissere Chicken and Mashed potatoes. Ty wasn't really into eating just yet. Then we hung out by the pool for a while and then settled into bed. We were all wiped out and slept very well:cloud9:

Coming up...Day 2 It's Park Day!!

I love that your trip started off without problems. We own a Toyota Sienna and when my Tyler needed a wheelchair last winter for the casts on his legs, it fit perfectly in the back. The Sienna has the deep base "trunk" for the chair to sit in and not flop around. A lot of minivans have the flat "trunk" that is level with the floors to the back seats. Having a good one foot drop helps to fit a lot of extra cargo.

I am also with you when it comes to getting lost. My dad just got a new GPS and gave my husband his old one. He immediately turned and handed it to me. He said I needed it more. It is true!

I am so glad you took it easy the first day. I hope the rest of the trip goes just as well! :wizard:

Sunday the 11th

We got up and Ty's back was hurting pretty bad.He needed to adjust to the bed since he is used to his hospital bed. But we ate and headed over to Universal Studios and IOA. We took it pretty slow. Sierra and Tim rode Twister. Ty was still adjusting to being in Fl and really wasn't wanting to ride anything. And I unfortunately forgot his headphones back at the villa:sad2: After they rode that we headed down the lane and stumbled upon these guys

TylersMAWtripJuly102010061.jpg
Ty had on his hat that is like a fishing hat. Here he is telling Ty "gonna need a bigger boat then that!":lmao:

After that we headed in for some good pizza at one of the restaurants. Then we were off to find JAWS. But as we were walking out it began to rain. We muddled through it and Sierra and Tim rode Disaster while me and Ty sat under an awning and talked to a nice lady who happen to have some ear plugs since her husband is a train engineer. She gave them to Ty and we sat and chatted a bit to her along with a lady selling jewlry. Then we went to meet Tim and Sierra as it felt like it was quite a while since we saw them. I would quickly learn the earplugs were no help and Ty was not a happy camper:sad2:It was pretty loud in that area as there were games so I asked a TM if we could wait in thier photography place. She directed us to a waiting room that had air conditioning where we thought they would come out. Thankfully I figured quickly they wouldnt be coming through those doors and we headed out just in time for them to come out along with the rest of the people coming at us:laughing: While we were walking by the games Ty got really upset because someone popped a balloon at the balloon dart game and it was loud. So we hurried through.

Then we came up on the Jaws ride. I have NO pictures b/c neither kid wanted their pics taken with it. Sierra took a pic of me and Tim but it didn't turn out. It began to thunder which was another set off for Ty. He said he wasn't riding the ride and I told him YES HE WAS!;) How could he NOT ride THE ride he wanted to ride the most??? So we got him on and he did great. Sierra unfortunately was the one to sit on the side Jaws visited :rotfl: I kept my eyes closed the entire time. Never saw the shark once:rotfl2:

After that we decided to head on over to IOA and see Harry Potter. On our trek over there a guy had crocs on and walked on one of those painted squares and fell right on his hiney. Thank goodness he didnt get hurt. Then we came upon a little boy who was crying and lost. I took him to a TM and off we went.

Day 2 Universal/IOA Day cont'd-HARRY POTTER here we come!

I love that your trip started off without problems. We own a Toyota Sienna and when my Tyler needed a wheelchair last winter for the casts on his legs, it fit perfectly in the back. The Sienna has the deep base "trunk" for the chair to sit in and not flop around. A lot of minivans have the flat "trunk" that is level with the floors to the back seats. Having a good one foot drop helps to fit a lot of extra cargo.

I am also with you when it comes to getting lost. My dad just got a new GPS and gave my husband his old one. He immediately turned and handed it to me. He said I needed it more. It is true!

I am so glad you took it easy the first day. I hope the rest of the trip goes just as well! :wizard:

We fell in love with the Sienna. We came home Friday night and on Saturday was out looking for one:rotfl2:But when upon looking I found a Toyota Camry I fell in love with. It's a sports version and has a sunroof and all. I have never EVER liked sports cars and figured I would just not be able to own one. But this one has caught my eye. Ty loved riding in the back but I am just so scrawny I cannot lift his chair into the back of it. I have a Chrysler Town and Country and it is giving us alot of problems. I love how comfy the Sienna seats are.I like how it is deep in the back too and all of the room. I would just love to have a car.

Subbing! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

By the way, the link to your TR isn't working... had to find it by going through your PTR. :goodvibes

Subbing! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

By the way, the link to your TR isn't working... had to find it by going through your PTR. :goodvibes

Welcome! Thank you for the heads up. I think (hope) I got it fixed ;)I have no idea why my pics went big again. oh well I hope everyone likes to see huge pictures:rotfl2: I would think I would have gotten the hang of this by now:laughing:

I am so sorry that it rained on your day at Universal. My Tyler is the same way with loud noises. He has done pretty good with covering his own ears. I hope that Harry Potter World was more Ty's speed. :grouphug:

As for the Sienna, we really lucked out. Our local University had a car sale with many car dealers around the city to benefit the athletics department. A guy with three kids had just traded in the Sienna that he leased for two years for a BMW or something similarly expensive. Since the minivan did not fit the car type the dealership was trying to sell, we got a great deal on it and since it was only 2 years old it was still under warranty. The right car will land in your lap when the time is right! :yay:

I am so sorry that it rained on your day at Universal. My Tyler is the same way with loud noises. He has done pretty good with covering his own ears. I hope that Harry Potter World was more Ty's speed. :grouphug:

As for the Sienna, we really lucked out. Our local University had a car sale with many car dealers around the city to benefit the athletics department. A guy with three kids had just traded in the Sienna that he leased for two years for a BMW or something similarly expensive. Since the minivan did not fit the car type the dealership was trying to sell, we got a great deal on it and since it was only 2 years old it was still under warranty. The right car will land in your lap when the time is right! :yay:

That is great Tyler does well holding his own ears. I think Ty's earphones are one of those "comfort" things he needs. He just feels better if he has them.I saw a guy that had some on too when we were at DHS. I thought that was cool.

It sounds like you did luck out! Sounds like an awsome deal. I think we have scrapped it for now. We just don't want to go back into big payments. But if we find the right one for the right price I will definately consider it. Those are nice vans. So comfy!

We headed over to IOA to Harry Potter. Only we kept taking the wrong turns and ended up walking alot more then we needed too. But we finally made it. Sierra was so happy. She was in Harry Potter heaven lol. We stopped to take some pictures.
TylersMAWtripJuly102010063.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010064.jpg

Tim got in line for some butterbeer and pumpkin juice so me and the kids stood there chatting.
TylersMAWtripJuly102010066.jpg

I don't know who got more him or Sierra but I know the drinks went fast:rotfl:Sierra really wanted to check out the shops but the lines were so crowded. We just headed for the Castle. We waited in line a good while but it was moving pretty good. I don't think it was too bad at all.
TylersMAWtripJuly102010069.jpg

I had to have a picture of her "entering" the castle for her scrap book.
TylersMAWtripJuly102010071.jpg

Ty didn't want to ride any of the HP rides so Tim stayed with him while Sierra and I rode Forbidden Journey. I have to say this ride was nothing like I expected. Ok well I had no expectations because I had no idea what is was but it scared the tar out of me!:scared1: lol She screamed the entire time and we really both loved it.

I took a picture of the one we bought so I could post it.
TylersMAWtripJuly1020103002.jpg

Then we watched the frogs sing which I thought was really neat. People kept crowding around Ty's wheelchair and shoving their way through so I didn't get a picture. I actually had to get a little snippy with one girl as she was about to fall in his lap from trying to shove her way through. After that we were off to wait in line to get into the "owl" shop so they could buy thier HP wands.
TylersMAWtripJuly102010086.jpg

I forgot to post our IOA picture. They let us get this one as our free pic. I didn't think they would let us but I happen to mention it and she said definately. It's one of my favorites!
TylersMAWtripJuly1020103003.jpg

Then we headed out but not before we had a good laugh with Tim. Sierra thought the hat was funny and put it on Tims head. He was so sweaty and the hair stuck to his head. :lmao:
TylersMAWtripJuly102010090.jpg

Next up-Day 3-SUPRISE!!,Um WHERE ARE WE??? and Chef Mickey's

Ty looks like he was having so much fun. And its wonderful that Sierra was able to experience HP. You said you waited in line for FJ... was that by choice so you could see inside the castle or didn't they let you skip the line? I haven't been able to get a clear view of how US will treat wish kids so I'm really curious.

Sorry you had a rocky start to IOA/US! I can't believe Ty almost didn't ride Jaws! I am so glad they liked and wore their shirts! Great family photo!

Sounds like Sierra really liked Harry Potter World. I can see by your pictures how crowded it was. I am glad that your family was able to get a small taste of it! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter