Sometimes Fairies have to EARN those wings! Ty's MAW TR July 10-17 2010

Day 3 Monday EPCOT

When we were all done with Ridemakerz they informed us something was going on in the parking lot and we probably wouldn't be able to get to our car as they had it roped off. But thankfully it wasn't in the area where our car was so off we went. If I'm not mistaking I do believe we took a few wrong turns again but all was well and we made it!

It began to rain while we were waiting in line to get our bags checked. We tried to stay out of it but just gave up and moved on:thumbsup2 We grabbed the first photopass photographer we saw and here we are
Photo0005.jpg

We knew we didn't have a lot of time at this park because we had our Chef Mickey's reservations for that day which was fine as we knew what we wanted to ride and just headed for those.

First up was Test track. Ty would not hold on for anything but instead he held his ears so I'm trying to hold him up since there was no one next to him. We'd take off and to the side he'd go:rotfl: Sierra finally let go of her ears and held on. We all loved it!

After Test Track we headed over to Mission space. Tim and Sierra rode it since Ty didn't want to ride it. They went on the mild one but once they got off had wished the rode the one that spins.

Then we headed to the VIP Lounge to take a cool down and get some drinks. It was really neat. Very futuristic. I know I took pics of it but I don't see them.If I find them I will add them later.

We went from the VIP lounge to Space Ship Earth which is such a nice relaxing ride.

That was pretty much it for Epcot and we headed up front to refresh so Ty could put his Chef Mickey's shirt on.

This was my first encounter with the wheelchair and the monorail ramps in 100 degree heat index. It was HOTTT!!!

Next up-Chef Mickeys-How does Ty do with the Characters? humm....

Day 3 Monday Cont'd

Now we are off to Chef Mickeys. We loved the monorail ride. That is one of the very things we were looking forward to riding. Sierra and Ty really enjoyed it.

We got to the Contemporary pretty early. Our ressie was at 5:05pm and I think we got there a little after 4. We sat at some seats near the entrance of Chef Mickey's. Before we knew it they were lining up quick so we got in line and it went pretty quick. We had our picture taken with the Mickey Statue
TylersMAWtripJuly1020103004.jpg

then we were asked to have a seat till our beeper went off but we barely hit the seat and they called our names. We had a great table on the end. We loved this place. their food was soo good. We had no idea what to expect as it was our first Character dining ever and we absolutely loved it. I don't think we could stop smiling the whole time.
TylersMAWtripJuly102010136.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010140.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010154.jpg

And a VERY special picture:)
TylersMAWtripJuly102010152.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010145.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010151.jpg

And I LOVED this picture so I took a pic of it
TylersMAWtripJuly102010156.jpg

Ty did great with the characters. He loved them so much that he wanted me to call and schedule a tuck in with Mayor Clayton. Something I thought he would NEVER do. But he wouldn't even stop asking me until I made THE phone call to schedule it(this is another reason to have your Village Guide with you at ALL times) So I called right from Chef Mickeys and got it scheduled for that very night. This made him even more happier. He was so excited. Sierra was just glowing through the entire dinner. We couldn't get enough of those mashed potatoes:cloud9:

So we get to the villa and Sierra and Tim go swimming and Ty does some scavengering and I tidy up the villa just a bit. I called my mom (as I did every night:)) hey I had to check on my doggies:laughing:! Then it is time to get in and get dresssed for bed. Mayor Clayton was coming just after 9pm so we had to work quickly!

These are pictures I will cherish for a very long time. I was laughing so hard at Mayor Clayton I had tears streaming down my face. Part of it was that he was so funny but part of was I was taking in what was occuring. My child who used to not want anything to do with characters was letting this Rabbit tuck him in. And he was so serious. He made sure NOT to move an inch once he was tucked in LOL.
TylersMAWtripJuly102010160.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010162.jpg

Sierra was giggling the entire time. I dont think she could stop if she tried to:rotfl2:
TylersMAWtripJuly102010167.jpg

A great end to a great day. Full of so many wonderful memories!

Next up Day 4 -Magic Kingdom So who has a melt down???

Stinks that it was raining! But looks like you guys had a great time anyway!

Oh, I hope you find the VIP lounge pics!! :)

Great report!! :)

Great update, Tonya! I love the Chef Mickey's pics! It looks like you guys had a fantastic time, and the kids' smiles are worth a thousand words.

I love the Chef Mickey's update! I am glad you liked the food. We have only had breakfast there before. I also enjoyed reading about your Epcot experiences. The bunny tuck-in pictures are so cute! I think Disney magic turns us all back to little kids! :wizard:

oh I love the chef mickey pictures:thumbsup2 so cute and the tuck in was also adorable, despite the rain you all looked so happy :cool1: I've read on here and been told by many that it does not matter if its raining, It's just to happy there to get upset over it. :)

You guys spent way more time in Epcot. I wish we had a little longer and could have explored that front part more. Def. come back and share the lounge pics if you find them. I think I've seen that one before, but not sure. We didn't make it to that one. :rolleyes1

I almost missed the Tuck In post! I think we posted at about the same time and I almost missed it!

So cute!!!!! And so sweet! And I am so glad you will cherish that moment for a long time.

Isn't it neat how EVERY trip has this moment - that they did not expect? Has not failed me yet! :thumbsup2

Oh I remember our tuck in so fondly !! Who would have thought a rabbit putting kids to bed could cause so much choas and giggles ??
Im pleased that TY loved the charcters it certaintly makes for some very special memories x x x

I finally made it over and I am loving your TR!!! Sounds like you guys had an awesome trip!!! I'm very happy that you guys made it to Ridemakerz!! I just knew that Ty was going to love it!

Can't wait to read more!

Welcome to our TR:) I think he had a really good time. Im so glad they have something more boyish comparable to Build A Bear now.:thumbsup2

Doing good. Just started Korissa PTR. We can't wait to go back to Disney World.

I need to head to your ptr. I have been lagging in keeping up. I still have things to put away from the trip too:laughing: I am so behind lol.

Stinks that it was raining! But looks like you guys had a great time anyway!

Oh, I hope you find the VIP lounge pics!! :)

Great report!! :)

Thanks Maroo. I am going to see which camera they are on. I know I took some but I don't see them on the computer. We were getting used to the rain. I was so prepared. Umbrella, poncho's, hats etc. Sometimes we just let it soak us because it was so hot.

Great update, Tonya! I love the Chef Mickey's pics! It looks like you guys had a fantastic time, and the kids' smiles are worth a thousand words.

Thank you:) I think we could have sat there for a long time :cloud9:

I love the Chef Mickey's update! I am glad you liked the food. We have only had breakfast there before. I also enjoyed reading about your Epcot experiences. The bunny tuck-in pictures are so cute! I think Disney magic turns us all back to little kids! :wizard:

The food was amazing. I wish I had more pics of Epcot. That is why I love Disney so much. Us adults are "allowed" to act like kids again:rotfl2:

oh I love the chef mickey pictures:thumbsup2 so cute and the tuck in was also adorable, despite the rain you all looked so happy :cool1: I've read on here and been told by many that it does not matter if its raining, It's just to happy there to get upset over it. :)

Thank you.:) We were good unless it was storming. Storms set Ty in sensory overload but we expected it and came preprared. Hat, headphones, and his poncho and we kept moving through it. And if we were calm and handling it he was much better. But it was so hot we would keep walking unless it was drenching which only happened twice I think.

Great report so far. Loved the Chef Mickey pictures. Can't wait to hear more.

Thank you:) I have more coming up very soon;)

I almost missed the Tuck In post! I think we posted at about the same time and I almost missed it!

So cute!!!!! And so sweet! And I am so glad you will cherish that moment for a long time.

Isn't it neat how EVERY trip has this moment - that they did not expect? Has not failed me yet! :thumbsup2

Oh you are so right Maroo.Those moments can certainly bring on some tears. I cannot wait to get all of the pictures printed. And in a book so we can sit and look at them over and over.

You guys spent way more time in Epcot. I wish we had a little longer and could have explored that front part more. Def. come back and share the lounge pics if you find them. I think I've seen that one before, but not sure. We didn't make it to that one. :rolleyes1

We didn't make it to the Worlds but I kind of wished we had. I just wanted to make sure we didn't miss Chef Mickey's. But we were there in plenty of time lol. I will look for the pics today. I hope I didn't erase them somehow:confused3

Oh I remember our tuck in so fondly !! Who would have thought a rabbit putting kids to bed could cause so much choas and giggles ??
Im pleased that TY loved the charcters it certaintly makes for some very special memories x x x

I really hadn't even thought about the tuck in for them. I just figured it really wasn't an option for Ty and thought Sierra would think it was lame:rotfl2 I actually just mentioned it to hubby and Ty heard me and he took off with it. He would not stop talking about it till I called. I was so glad they got him in for that night or for the next 24 hours at least he would have absessed over when he was coming. It really surprised us how much they liked it. :

Tuesday Magic Kingdom Day!

Today wasn't supposed to be Magic Kingdom day but we couldn't wait any longer so we switched. Was this a good idea? We'll see...

First our photopass spot
Photo0023.jpg

Then we headed off to ride Carousel of Progress. Oy my favorite ride:rolleyes: Tim and the kids had a blast with this ride. Not only did I get to ride it but since some lady decided to get up and take her kid out of a moving ride we had to sit through one of the "years" two times:mad: But of course hubby and the kids tried to bask in my misery only I sat and sang the song as many times with a big smile on my face. "It's a great big beautiful tomarrow" lol I got em. HA!

After COP we headed to Transit Authority. A nice relaxing ride ahhh. Then we headed over to Space Mountain. Another Oy! I was so unsure of riding this. But we all did it. Tim was in front and I headed up the back. He was the very first seat. I wasn't really so great with that but I followed behind my clan. I thought the middle would be a little better kwim? So there is a first and a last for everything!!:lmao: Tim informs me that right after we took off his harness came undone but he got it back as fast it came undone. Thank goodness! I imagined for a split second what could have happened and on Ty's WISH trip:sad2: Then I put it out of my mind and off we went.

Next up we went to see the Fairy's. Ty had his own thought's that's for sure lol!
First up was Rosetta and he had no intentions of smiling for her
Photo0040.jpg

"Maybe if I look the other way she won't be there when I turn my head"
Photo0039.jpg

"Darn she's still there!"
Photo0036.jpg

Sweet Success!
Photo0044.jpg

I don't have a pic of Sierra with Rosetta. I am thinking some of my pics either got deleted or the camera messed up.

Next up is Tink!
She is begging!
Photo0051.jpg

She gave it her best shot...but....

She gives up and starts pouting so Ty joins in:rotfl:
Photo0050.jpg

I LOVE these pictures of Sierra with Tink.
Photo0063.jpg

A trully Magical moment!
Photo0066.jpg

Then it was Silver Mists turn
Begging for that smile!
Photo0065.jpg

Pleading for a smile!
Photo0064.jpg

Pixie Dust for a smile!
Photo0069.jpg

TylersMAWtripJuly102010196.jpg

A SMILE!!!
Photo0081.jpg

Silver Mist told Sierra she gets called Sierra Mist quite a bit. Sierra thought that was "cool"!
TylersMAWtripJuly102010195.jpg

More Magic Kingdom coming up! Meltdown NO WAY!!

After the Fairy's they took us to see the Princess's without going back in line.That gave us the opportunity for Ty not to have time to think about it too much so he was much more smiley :rotfl2:

First my princess with Princess Arura
Photo0093.jpg

With Cinderella
Photo0105.jpg

And Princess Belle
Photo0115.jpg

And my prince with the princess's
Princess Aurora
TylersMAWtripJuly102010198.jpg

Cinderella
TylersMAWtripJuly102010200.jpg

Princess Belle
TylersMAWtripJuly102010202.jpg

After we went to see the princess's I "thought" we would go see Mickey and Minnie. Unfortunately I guess I forgot where they were and we proceded to go through one of the houses(I think Minnie?). It was long and hot and they weren't there. Then we find the line and it was between the house and the tent and in the very hot sun. Sierra became upset and said no way she was done she wanted to go ride rides. I wanted these two pictures so bad but I hadn't really gotten the nerve to "push the GAC" quite yet. So I threw a big ole tantrum (Yes MOM threw a tantrum!) and headed out of toon town rather quickly:rotfl2: Yes I can laugh about it now but after I did it I felt so bad. But what was done was done. The kids did ride Barnstormer and Ty had no idea we were even heading up to the line (exit) and when he got up there he says "IM RIDING THIS??" :rotfl: Yep. He was ok with it and they even asked if he wanted to ride again and he said no so we moved on.

After that we rode Peter Pan. Dh rode with Ty and I rode with Sierra. A nice break we all needed! I got a chance to appologise to Sierra and we did some mom and daughter bonding looking at the lights and things. When we came to the end when we were waiting to get off Dh and Ty's "boat" hit ours lol. Tims says " I dont think it was supposed to do that!" lol Me either! After that we rode Pooh then we were off to "It's a Small World" and we all enjoyed it. Sierra wanted me to call my bil while we were on it b/c he cannot stand that song. I just couldn't do it:laughing: Ty couldn't understand why on earth people throw their money in the water. He has this money fettish along with the other collections so I took a picture of the coins:rotfl2:

After IASW we headed toward Dumbo. Dh decided to sit this one out and me and the kids waited in line. It was so hot but we had to ride it ONCE! The lady gave me a yellow card (I never did figure out what that was for) and once we finally got on (it took quite a while) Ty was more interested in if I gave the lady my card or if I dropped it as there were so many under the ride
TylersMAWtripJuly102010205.jpg

After dumbo we grabbed some pizza at the Pinochio restaurant. That was some really good eatin! We were hungry tired and Really HOTTT!! Then we headed for Pirates of the Caribean and Haunted Mansion.When we were in line for the Haunted Mansion all was pretty well. Then when we all gathered inside after the library thing we were getting ready to board. This lady got in front of me and Sierra and her husband tried to get her to come back with him. She told him NO IM STAYING HERE:scared1: I laughed and let the guy go in front of us. Sierra gave me the funniest look. I said see Im not the only one that had a melt down today:rotfl2: Then off to the Hall of Presidents. My kids are really interested in Abraham Lincoln and they were so in awe of this show. We stopped to get the kids one of those string light things (they are pretty neat but wow they are expensive!) They had seen a boy at CM's with one and had thier eyes on it. lol

After the Hall of Presidents we headed to the WISH lounge to see what it looked like. When we got in there we had 5 minutes until they closed but we went in and looked around sat down and had a water:thumbsup2
TylersMAWtripJuly102010242.jpg

Then we came back across the bridge and hurried past Splash Mountain so we didn't get dumped on from the boats. Dh and Sierra decided they didn't want to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad so me and Ty were off. He chose the front seat. He loved it lol. I was laughing at the guy behind us because he was laughing at me before we got on then when we were on it he was screaming :rotfl2:Then we went to the Tiki Tiki room and caught the last showing of the evening. We couldn't leave without seeing those birds;)

We discovered the Dole Whips and they were pretty good. Dh and Sierra weren't crazy about them but Ty sure liked them! After that the sky decided to open up and it began to rain. We waited it out a little bit while they ate their Dole Whips in hopes it would let up soon. Nope. We finally gave in and headed up front to get some souveniers and hope for the fireworks. They started before we were done so Sierra and dh went outside to record them. We were surprised they still had them. It had just stopped raining. Me and Ty hurried at the checkout and out we went to see. We just missed a little bit. Then we sat down to watch the parade on very wet cement. Of course the guy beside us put his poncho down and I didnt see until we already had wet hineys. One of those "I should have thought of that" moments:rolleyes1 I found Sierra a stroller to get into but after a bit we got her poncho out and she sat on it.

I have to say I was not impressed with that parade. I liked the one they put on in February when we went in 08 alot better. There wasn't nearly as many floats and the characters (Goofy, Snow White etc) were not walking. Although I have to say Pete and Elliote the dragon were my favorite. I loved that story when I was younger. My mom still has our record.

Animal Kingdom/dhs Day coming up soon!

Aww @ mum having a melt down ! But ya know if i was really wanting a picture and had my heart on it I would prob have a melt down too :lmao:
Glad ya DH was able to get refastened How Scary !!!:scared1: Overall sounds like you guys had yet another great day :) awesome TR so far, I;m truly enjoying and can't wait for next part :grouphug:

What a fabulous unplanned day! I love Ty's pouty face that matches Tinks! I think that everyone is allowed to melt down at least once on a Disney vacation. I am so glad you were able to get so much in before it rained. I have seen both parades and I think I also like Spectromagic better than the Main Street Electrical Parade. Thank you for sharing another wonderful update!

You are certainly not the only one on a wish trip that had a major meltdown! I think I had one...ok, maybe two! lol

Love the fairy pics! :) Love the one of Tink and your DD. :goodvibes

Can't wait for more! Loving the TR! Thanks so much for reporting back to us!

Aww @ mum having a melt down ! But ya know if i was really wanting a picture and had my heart on it I would prob have a melt down too :lmao:
Glad ya DH was able to get refastened How Scary !!!:scared1: Overall sounds like you guys had yet another great day :) awesome TR so far, I;m truly enjoying and can't wait for next part :grouphug:

I felt so bad for Sierra because she just wanted to ride the rides and because we got there a little late we felt we had to rush in which we did.But she is ok with my melt down now. ;)

What a fabulous unplanned day! I love Ty's pouty face that matches Tinks! I think that everyone is allowed to melt down at least once on a Disney vacation. I am so glad you were able to get so much in before it rained. I have seen both parades and I think I also like Spectromagic better than the Main Street Electrical Parade. Thank you for sharing another wonderful update!

Yes me too!! I like the spectro magic alot better. I think the fairies were the perfect way to break him in :rotfl2:

You are certainly not the only one on a wish trip that had a major meltdown! I think I had one...ok, maybe two! lol

Love the fairy pics! :) Love the one of Tink and your DD. :goodvibes

Can't wait for more! Loving the TR! Thanks so much for reporting back to us!

Oh lol Maroo I am so sorry! Man I felt bad but it was the one and only pict I cherished the most with Mickey Mouse but I think I have found a few others instead:) I wish Sierra would play Tink some day. I think she would be great at it.

I hope I'm not over doing it. Please tell me if I am. But Im on a roll lol!

Thank you all for joning me on our TR.

Next up -ANIMAL KINGDOM and WILL WE MAKE IT TO DHS???? And WHERE DID YOU PARK????????

Ha ha! I didn't predict it was going to be YOU that had the meltdown!:rotfl2: You are certainly not the only mom to do so. ;)

Love the photopass pics. We had the same Silver Mist (Sierra Mist, lol) and Rosetta. Not Tink though. It's so funny to recognize the characters in others' photos.

Ha ha! I didn't predict it was going to be YOU that had the meltdown!:rotfl2: You are certainly not the only mom to do so. ;)

Love the photopass pics. We had the same Silver Mist (Sierra Mist, lol) and Rosetta. Not Tink though. It's so funny to recognize the characters in others' photos.

lol there were quite a few people looking at me. I was meltdown city lol. Needless to say I couldnt say anything if one of the kids had a meltdown :rotfl2:

I was wondering how many of the same ones we would see when we got back in pictures. I have got to get back to the tr's and ptrs. Yesterday I had the last post almost ready to post and lost it all again using the backspace button so it took me forever to get the one post done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter