Something About Nothing............ #14

Well, reading session has been cancelled today, some sort of tummy bug……want to avoid that like the plague!

So, back home to change and we’ll head up into the woods behind us for a walk I think as it’s such a lovely day, decided we really don’t need any groceries or veg, we still have fresh in there.

It’ll be nice to get back out in the woods, it’s been a while…..all that fresh air is good for us :)

Happy Spring?? It was 24 degrees when I woke up this morning.

I am also having issues with the formatting on the board today.

Schumi - Happy belated Mother's Day.

Lynne - I am surprised nothing has been said about graduation. There isn't much time left. Our big ceremony will be on Friday evening before Mother's Day.

Mac - I sympathize about the ants. We get tiny ones in our kitchen from time to time. Thank goodness we have a good pest control company.

Keisha - I haven't seen the GS makeup. They are getting a little weird with all the things they will put their name on.

Gotta get ready for work. Don't really feel like going in today. Also school starts back today. My final class.

B and I are going shopping again on Friday. This time for shoes. Everyone keeps stressing comfort, so I think we are going to get some plain white sneakers and decorate them with the school colors.

Thank you Charade and what a lovely Mother`s Day weekend you`ll have seeing your daughter graduate!

Good luck with the shoe shopping....I loathe it.

We did go a walk into the woods behind us, it turned out a lovely morning, not cold but not exactly warm either. It`s ideal for walking and you rarely see another soul up here, maybe a deer or two, some foxes at times and lots of squirrels, beautiful though.

i-4NgbLf8-XL.jpg

i-X9mNzv9-L.jpg

i-vNqpcKc-L.jpg

One of the most peaceful of walks around, but shoes are muddy as it was still sodding up there in bits, it`s much prettier when the leaves are back on the trees, shouldn`t be long now.

Time for a cuppa or two......

Last edited:
46C08D82-D9F6-4DAE-8969-46D2EA729F42.jpegStill have snow on ground in yard in spots where the sun doesn’t fully hit. We are perched so high up, that angle happens often. Kids used to love it as they could still have snow ball battles.

Charade accuweather insisted it was 6 degrees when I woke up yesterday (thinking it had to be real feel vs actual), 22 this am. Least the sun has been shining

Lynne - we start to inch into high 40’s this afternoon. Mid 60 by Thursday, lots of rain. Extended forecast next weeks daytime temps mostly high 40’s to mid 50’s. will take it and run :)

sat up till midnight last night, 12:01 am was first chance to request a boarding time for our cruise in May. Those who have sailed know you want that first slot before it turns into a real zoo in the terminal. Had to laugh, it was 12:01 am alright, just not on ship time which is currently out of Galveston.:headache: Stayed up catching up on back episodes of Nancy Drew tv show & did get the slot I wanted. Dog kept giving me the stink eye for keeping him awake

Was also happy to see that many SWA flights dropped in price (still ridiculously high) for our dates in July. Was finally able to jump from a 6:00 am flight into MCO to an 8:00 am. Only two hours later but, huge for getting thru the day in the parks for me without being a crank by 5 pm. Still looks like we are walking back home from that trip.

eventually need to firm up this fall‘s trip to MCO. It’s rather slow going for me this year as to pulling the trigger on travel for some reason:confused3

carole - those woods are so green already & look groomed for lack of a better term, what a nice hike. woods here still scrubby & brown. have an official hiking trail near us, almost the size of a single lane road, not as nice as that one. we use the smaller trails in the woods, one to two person wide sort of paths...expect in the fall when the snakes all seem to come out to shed their skins. I give the wood a wide swath then lol

Hehe, when was walking in state park last summer, heard a rattlesnake. You know we turned and went the other way. And because of ticks, wear long sleeves and pants, and a hat. They had a lookout tower, that made a beautiful sight of the land from it.

Ack, ready for my lunchtime walk. Sunny and 49 out right now. So rocking those shades and still can’t put away that lightweight winter type jacket. No snow in forecast or on ground here, Keisha.

Charade, I hear ya. That back to week day routine stinks. Marvelous Monday indeed. At least means end of next week is April’s Fools’ Day.

View attachment 747719Still have snow on ground in yard in spots where the sun doesn’t fully hit. We are perched so high up, that angle happens often. Kids used to love it as they could still have snow ball battles.

Charade accuweather insisted it was 6 degrees when I woke up yesterday (thinking it had to be real feel vs actual), 22 this am. Least the sun has been shining

Lynne - we start to inch into high 40’s this afternoon. Mid 60 by Thursday, lots of rain. Extended forecast next weeks daytime temps mostly high 40’s to mid 50’s. will take it and run :)

sat up till midnight last night, 12:01 am was first chance to request a boarding time for our cruise in May. Those who have sailed know you want that first slot before it turns into a real zoo in the terminal. Had to laugh, it was 12:01 am alright, just not on ship time which is currently out of Galveston.:headache: Stayed up catching up on back episodes of Nancy Drew tv show & did get the slot I wanted. Dog kept giving me the stink eye for keeping him awake

Was also happy to see that many SWA flights dropped in price (still ridiculously high) for our dates in July. Was finally able to jump from a 6:00 am flight into MCO to an 8:00 am. Only two hours later but, huge for getting thru the day in the parks for me without being a crank by 5 pm. Still looks like we are walking back home from that trip.

eventually need to firm up this fall‘s trip to MCO. It’s rather slow going for me this year as to pulling the trigger on travel for some reason:confused3

carole - those woods are so green already & look groomed for lack of a better term, what a nice hike. woods here still scrubby & brown. have an official hiking trail near us, almost the size of a single lane road, not as nice as that one. we use the smaller trails in the woods, one to two person wide sort of paths...expect in the fall when the snakes all seem to come out to shed their skins. I give the wood a wide swath then lol

I was just getting up when you weren`t even in bed yet!! We could have chatted......:) Glad you got the slot you wanted though, makes the effort worth it....I`m laughing at your poor puppy willing you to go to bed.......lol.....and nice job on the flight change, that 2 hours will make a difference. You`ll get your other trips sorted, it`ll all fall into place.

Ok, bears, jumping deer and snakes......lol......we do have grass snakes and adders here, but I`ve never seen one....ever. We do have some lovely walks around us and a short drive away we have many more options, we`re lucky where we live with all the greenery around us. It`s not all as good a path as I`ve shown there, I always wear hiking boots wandering through the woods as there are a lot of uneven and bumpy parts too.

It does look not too bad as the trees have started to bud slightly and I don`t think it `ll be too long before they`re full and completely green again. One of my friends lives a 30 second drive from a road that has car dealerships, repair shops and businesses around her, but she lives in the centre of a town and she works with kids which is always noisy, so she loves coming to visit us and go places like this where she can just take it in the quiet.

Made my potato salad for tonight, couldn`t resist a taste....lush!!! Tom is going to grill the pork for us, won`t take long as I cut them fairly thin, but plenty of bbq seasonings and a little spicy!

Sun has gone and it feels a little cooler outside now, spring hasn`t quite sprung yet over here.....but I`m glad I don`t have that last snow lingering that Keisha has!!

Well, reading session has been cancelled today, some sort of tummy bug……want to avoid that like the plague!

So, back home to change and we’ll head up into the woods behind us for a walk I think as it’s such a lovely day, decided we really don’t need any groceries or veg, we still have fresh in there.

It’ll be nice to get back out in the woods, it’s been a while…..all that fresh air is good for us :)
A walk in the woods sounds great! Our yard and path in the woods has about 2 feet of snow on them! We are going to get up to the high 30's this week and hope a thaw out starts up.
Enjoy your day:)

And because of ticks, wear long sleeves and pants, and a hat.
Most forget the hat. It’s weird most of the mr’s have been on back above waistband. Figure they squirmed around enough to wiggle their way in there somehow.

Had one on crown of head too. He rarely will don a hat as always had to wear safety helmet when working
Ok, bears, jumping deer and snakes......lol......we do have grass snakes and adders here, but I`ve never seen one....ever.
My unwanted menagerie. Wait an adder? Isn’t that what cleopatra used? Eek. Don’t think we have them here lol

I just read an article that the coastal
Black Bears are in danger of extinction.

Um, there’s bears in FL? Coming soon…a B grade horror movie of 🐊 vs 🐻 vs 🐍. Lol

I’m still freaked out over the reports of wild 🐗 on the golf courses down near Tampa

Time to go read Florida man memes

Think the page format is back to normal finally!!

A walk in the woods sounds great! Our yard and path in the woods has about 2 feet of snow on them! We are going to get up to the high 30's this week and hope a thaw out starts up.
Enjoy your day:)

2 feet of snow!!! Goodness me.......I do hope your thaw starts soon, it`s time for spriing for all of us!

Most forget the hat. It’s weird most of the mr’s have been on back above waistband. Figure they squirmed around enough to wiggle their way in there somehow.

Had one on crown of head too. He rarely will don a hat as always had to wear safety helmet when working

My unwanted menagerie. Wait an adder? Isn’t that what cleopatra used? Eek. Don’t think we have them here lol

I just read an article that the coastal
Black Bears are in danger of extinction.

I’m still freaked out over the reports of wild 🐗 on the golf courses down near Tampa

lol....think it was an asp Cleopatra had, close enough. Adders are harmless but will give you a nasty bite apparently.

I`m sure the makers of sharknado could come up with a title involving all those creatures......gives you the willies just thinking about them! Some of the folks at the hotel have had bears/alligators and snake encounters over the years where they live in Florida and don`t bat an eyelid!

Florida man memes.......so funny!!

Lounging on the sofas tonight not doing much at all except listen to music, 70`s and 80`s tonight. Dinner was nice, Tom cooked the pork nicely, not in the least bit dry and just spicy enough.

Think it`ll be an early night for us, both of us are yawning our heads off. Not going to be too bad a day tomorrow by the looks of it, not sure what we`ll do, we can decide in the morning.

Having a small tonic water tonight.......

just a small beverage tonight?

make it a party and have some fun stuff to drink..

Monday nights for some reason have always been early nights for me, yes, a small libation would be more fun than tonic water…….don’t want to get boring…….:duck:

Hope the kitties are back to normal now and enjoying the run of the house again!

I thought I posted here the other day we had Mr Exterminator to spray rooms for us….

Now the cats were allowed to come back to our room since we were ant free.

I thought I posted here the other day we had Mr Exterminator to spray rooms for us….

Yep, you did, that`s why I hoped the cats are back to normal :cat:

Nothing like an early night and a good sleep to refresh one.

And it`s lovely waking up and it`s light now. And we have some cloud, but looks to be a nice day ahead. We do need to go out, I bought a dress that is not for me, so I`ll take it back and either get something else or just a refund.

Tom has requested lasagne tonight so I made the meat and sauce last night, will put it together after I make the sauce for it later. No idea what to arrange for lunch although after Maria mentioned Brie on the TR, I might just have something with Brie for us....grilled sandwiches maybe.

Might try a walk this morning and see how it goes along the seafront, depends when we hit the shops, later in the day the beach car parks are quite full even this time of year so we do prefer getting down there early mornings.

Avocado on a toasted English muffin this morning and the biggest pot of tea I have I think.

i-md9qXLr-S.gif

cv44-S.jpg

cv47-M.jpg

Happy Tasty Tuesday 😁

Ah, with those ants gone, and cats have free range now, it’s the day Mac can do her Taco Bell run.

Yay, it’s that Taco Tuesday, the day of the week to enjoy a Taco or two.

Ah. Fast enough commute, though trucks and the city bus made it a good few more minutes longer than usual. But nope, car, icy conditions. Though it could be. But we are dry as a bone, with fire conditions issued, as that rain we got last time was so little, the ground, even though frozen this morning, is parch.

Yep, at freezing this morning. But those winds are coming from the South. And with those Southern winds, not only does it bump up the temp today, yay, 61 the high, brings rain in two more days, and giving us a rainy three day end to this week. And that’s okay. Not commuting the rest of the week, and that rainy lazy Friday to start the weekend is fine with me. By Sunday, we should be drying out, with a full wall to wall sunshine, like today, and just a few degrees lower high temp than today.

Yep, and Spring season has started this week, time of year, with the time change, gets more and more daylight every day, with cool mornings and evenings. Like our Fall start to that season too.

And so, tea from that bottle today, and I’m doing my part to keep hydrated. Office feels almost a bit cool. Have that sweater if it stays that way enough I feel cool.

Finally, after my weather and traffic news, wishing all have a most perfect and terrific Taco Tuesday.

A311A6F7-1B43-4ABC-B736-9E9FC6FA8335.jpeg

last few days have an weather inversion hanging around, health department finally issued alerts for air quality. File it under better late than never I suppose. Most I know with any sort of underlying bronchial issue, even those with garden variety allergies, could’ve told them that days ago.

Made chili last night. It talked to me all night, tasty tho it was. Spicy foods haven’t been sitting well for a few months on me. I am not amused.

errands today, rather annoying when Amazon returns have to be deposited at a drop site. Does give me an excuse to shop at that Micheals store :). Craft and home stores are decidedly lacking here. Was good news to learn a Home Goods store moving 10 miles away. That passes for close here re grocery and non WM/Sams stores. Comes with the territory when you live far out in the burbs.

think it was an asp Cleopatra had, close enough. Adders are harmless but will give you a nasty bite apparently.
That‘s the right slimy thing! One of my dogs in the past was a schipperke. much missed, one of my favorites :). A lot of dog in a small body, bred as watchdog & ratter. She patrolled our yard with great gusto had to put a bell on her as no critter that set foot in our yard was safe.

black snakes quite common here. I’ll never forget the time she went after one that made the mistake of slithering past her. that breed has a pit bull sort of locking jaw. She was latched on a snake that had to be 7 feet long. kept vigorously shaking it, all the while it kept biting her. she won, dropped it once her task was done; very pleased with herself.

yet another time she had to spend overnight at vet hospital after a hunting foray. Those bites easily get infected within hours. in her case, vet said it was more the allergic reaction animals and humans often get, even from non venomous snake bites.

You did, it opened the floodgate to post a ghostbuster related pun re the ants.
But we are dry as a bone, with fire conditions issued, as that rain we got last time was so little, the ground, even though frozen this morning, is parch.
Ground is mushy here, soil too wet to start to turn for garden. All the rain mid week isn’t going to help that cause…we will send it quickly onto you.

Good Tuesday morning everyone :wave:
F1DB0A4F-81B6-4B85-A9B9-1016F90E39D5.jpeg

787080B2-D405-4692-8A94-31E9EFFAD160.jpeg

C5B77CA1-6D18-4AD0-B840-15E6297DE71C.jpeg

D743338C-666D-4633-90D7-A2CE89B632ED.jpeg

E1E1D968-A069-452A-9667-5E5925AC11B0.jpeg

Is this a Happy Tuesday celebration or what…LOL

Our Disney shirts have arrived.
Those are cute.

Glad to hear DH is doing well with his eyes, Robo. Would like to have that warm of weather. Most likely not until June here. We have a huge part of the city that is Irish, so there is a parade today for celebrating this green holiday. Yeah, I never cooked cabbage nor corned beef, Though have bought corned beef from a Jewish deli. That with coleslaw is my kinda sandwich.
We had a couple of cool days here. Thankfully the sun was back to shining full on yesterday.

Glad to hear your DH check up went well Robbie, long may it continue.
Hear Hear to that. He is doing well.

Well, the annual Irish dinner was a hit. I’ve my fix of that for a year. Well, will freeze the leftover meat & use for Reuben sandwiches down the road.
So nice to hear your Irish dinner was a hit. You are the queen of big dinners on here. Your big meals for your family always sound good.

My younger sister sent me a picture of her St. Patrick’s Day meal and I have to admit it looked good. It was corned beef and all the trimmings.

That sounds heavenly. What book are you enjoying? I have a few of his back logged here. Broke down and picked up a few via kindle, to specifically avoid hauling books when traveling this summer
I‘am reading his new book Fairy Tale. Only into it about 130 pages. Not sure why. But I start his books and loose interest and finally refuse to give up on them and when I‘am in the middle do get hooked and really enjoy them.

His other books I have read are Salem’s Lot, The Institute and Lisey’s Story.

Tom just made us a cocktail……as Kyle is coming with us, he’s driving us tonight, so a large rum mule was his choice…..he even got the lime squeezer out and added extra to mine…..
The cocktails look yummy.

Good afternoon. Today was supposed to be our big shopping day, but B and I managed to find dresses in the first store we went into. I couldn't decided between two, so I bought both. Now I need to check and see if I need to get any shoes. Between lunch and shopping we were only out about 3 hours, but I was exhausted when were done.
Always nice to find what your looking for so easily.

Kyle and I got the same steak dish and got some nice pics with him too….
A very nice picture of you both.

We had a dreadful two days in our bathroom dealing with ants.
Hired service company two days ago and have the cats locked up in our bedroom.
Glad to hear you were able to get your ant issue taken care of. The joys of living in the south.

Holy smokes! I nearly feel over seeing the mr’s back about 5 years ago with that red bull’s eye. He did the course of antibiotics. He now sprays the entire yard every year.
Ticks are the worst nightmare of home owners in the North near wooded areas. I have picked a few ticks off myself and grandson on my property in Indiana. Luckly without issue. Glad to hear your hubby was treated and is ok.

Well the format is all off this morning for this section of the boards.......for me anyway.
The format issue was off for me too yesterday morning.

We did go a walk into the woods behind us, it turned out a lovely morning, not cold but not exactly warm either. It`s ideal for walking and you rarely see another soul up here, maybe a deer or two, some foxes at times and lots of squirrels, beautiful though.
NIce photos of your walking path in the woods. Looks nice and serene.

We always jokingly laugh that there is a price to pay for living in paradise.

1. Eastern Diamond Back Rattle Snakes
2. Coral Snakes
3. Fire Ants
4. Black Racers
5. Sharks
6. Alligators
7. Florida Panthers
8. Jelly Fish
9. Wild Boar
10. Spiders (Brown Recluse and Southern Black Widow
11. Florida Black Bear (they are now on the endangered species list).
12. Non native Burmese Python’s
12. Lizards of varying species. The big ones are known to fall out of trees when they are stunned with a sudden severe cold spell.

To name a few….LOL

My experiences with the local wild life have been.

A few years ago there was a story in the local paper of a guy that came home from work and found a Panther resting on his driveway. They had photos of it. It was in a gated community just about 4 miles down the road from us. Can’t exactly say move on kitty kitty.

I have been bitten by Fire Ants a few times. There is a reason they call them Fire Ants. It burns like fire at the bite site and it itches to the high heavens. The ants can bite multiple times and if you are bitten multiple times you should be seen by a Doctor to make sure you do not have severe reaction. They borrow in a sand anthill and you can typically tell where there are. If you see a sand mound stay away from it. The queen is burrowed deep with in and her army of protective ants in millions guard her.

They are known to barrow in grassy areas that are not easily seen. Which is were I have gotten bittten.

If there is water you will get a pet so to speak is the joke of all the realtors here in Florida ( I did not find it partially funny). We have had 4 Alligators trapped in the Waterways of our Community since I have lived here.

The Alligators are known to go after small pets, small children and adults at times. They are especially dangerous during mating season April, May and June. They are supposedly less aggressive towards human than the Crocodiles, but are deadly and not to be for sure taken lightly.

There was a death recently here in another community not far from me. The Gator went after an elderly woman‘s dog she was walking near their community waterway a got her instead. Very tragic.

A number of years ago while we were having a dinner party a small wild boar went running past in our backyard. We have glass sliding doors pretty much over the whole back side of the house so it was easy to see. It ran between our house and my neighbors. I went out the front door to see where it went. It ran down the end of the street and came charging back and ran through our houses again. There was some undeveloped land across from our community and I think that is where it came from.

It‘s a good idea to make sure and check around pools before getting in for snakes.

We have a large gated olympic size swimming pool in our community. So it would be easy to miss things laying out of site on the pool ledge unless you had made walk around the pool looking for anything.

I walked right past a poisonous small snake that was laying on the pool ledge near the stairs you walk down to get into the pool.

I was swimming along against the wall at the other side of pool and some lady came and was motioning for me to get out.

She took a light bulb extender pole and picked the snake up and threw it over the fence. She was a Florida Wildlife Biologist of all things. Good thing the snake was happy in the water oh the pool edge and not in the pool. I’am thankful she was there. Lesson learned. There is a metal gate around the pool so no gators can get in. I now take a complete walk around the pool to make sure no reptiles are lurking before I get in.

We have in the past 2 years seen the Gamma Gamma Lizards (African Rainbow Lizard) here and they are everywhere now. They are a lot bigger than your average Gecko and this species is making its way North. I first seen them in Ft. Pierce at the Farmers market four years ago and it took them 2 years to get here. So I would suspect they will be in Orlando soon if they are not there already.

Enough on animals.

Sun is shining this morning. We did get a nice rain shower Sunday. It was windy and raining so a good day to get caught up with all the house work that needed done.

Hubby is doing good after second cataract surgery. Eye surgeon says it takes a number of days as the eye adjust post surgery to see the benefit. He has been very proactive in reading up on cataract surgery and then choosing a good eye surgeon. I have been really proud of him. If I say Doctor he would Typically run in the other direction.

Happy belated Mother’s Day to Carole and all the UK Mom’s.
ED18722F-1A2F-4C26-AC30-82AD07CCA62C.gif

It has been cooler here the past couple of days. Mid 50’s in the am reaching into the upper 60’s late yesterday. 75 predicted today so it will be warm with the sun full out.

Plans today are pool, book, cool drink and maybe dinner out. Will figure that out as day goes on.

Have wonderful Tuesday everyone doing whatever makes you happy.

View attachment 747993

last few days have an weather inversion hanging around, health department finally issued alerts for air quality. File it under better late than never I suppose. Most I know with any sort of underlying bronchial issue, even those with garden variety allergies, could’ve told them that days ago.

Made chili last night. It talked to me all night, tasty tho it was. Spicy foods haven’t been sitting well for a few months on me. I am not amused.

errands today, rather annoying when Amazon returns have to be deposited at a drop site. Does give me an excuse to shop at that Micheals store :). Craft and home stores are decidedly lacking here. Was good news to learn a Home Goods store moving 10 miles away. That passes for close here re grocery and non WM/Sams stores. Comes with the territory when you live far out in the burbs.

That‘s the right slimy thing! One of my dogs in the past was a schipperke. much missed, one of my favorites :). A lot of dog in a small body, bred as watchdog & ratter. She patrolled our yard with great gusto had to put a bell on her as no critter that set foot in our yard was safe.

black snakes quite common here. I’ll never forget the time she went after one that made the mistake of slithering past her. that breed has a pit bull sort of locking jaw. She was latched on a snake that had to be 7 feet long. kept vigorously shaking it, all the while it kept biting her. she won, dropped it once her task was done; very pleased with herself.

yet another time she had to spend overnight at vet hospital after a hunting foray. Those bites easily get infected within hours. in her case, vet said it was more the allergic reaction animals and humans often get, even from non venomous snake bites.

You did, it opened the floodgate to post a ghostbuster related pun re the ants.

Ground is mushy here, soil too wet to start to turn for garden. All the rain mid week isn’t going to help that cause…we will send it quickly onto you.

It`s funny, I love anything and everything spicy...except Chilli.....cannot get the taste for it, but I do have an aversion to any kind of bean and everyone used red kidney beans over here and bleurgh.....but hope it didn`t bother you too much with the spice.

I`ve never heard of that variety of dog before, I think you might have mentioned it but I did have to Google it before. That`s so cute with the bell though, but how scary with the bites!!

We`re very lucky with our returns now, our village store has a return place now, so it`s very handy as it`s only a few minutes drive for us.

Sounds like our gardens are the same, ours is like a quagmire right now. I think it`ll be April before we get our lawns done.

Good Tuesday morning everyone :wave:
View attachment 748002

View attachment 747999

View attachment 748000

View attachment 747998

View attachment 748001

Is this a Happy Tuesday celebration or what…LOL

Those are cute.

We had a couple of cool days here. Thankfully the sun was back to shining full on yesterday.

Hear Hear to that. He is doing well.

So nice to hear your Irish dinner was a hit. You are the queen of big dinners on here. Your big meals for your family always sound good.

My younger sister sent me a picture of her St. Patrick’s Day meal and I have to admit it looked good. It was corned beef and all the trimmings.

I‘am reading his new book Fairy Tale. Only into it about 130 pages. Not sure why. But I start his books and loose interest and finally refuse to give up on them and when I‘am in the middle do get hooked and really enjoy them.

His other books I have read are Salem’s Lot, The Institute and Lisey’s Story.

The cocktails look yummy.

Always nice to find what your looking for so easily.

A very nice picture of you both.

Glad to hear you were able to get your ant issue taken care of. The joys of living in the south.

Ticks are the worst nightmare of home owners in the North near wooded areas. I have picked a few ticks off myself and grandson on my property in Indiana. Luckly without issue. Glad to hear your hubby was treated and is ok.

The format issue was off for me too yesterday morning.

NIce photos of your walking path in the woods. Looks nice and serene.

We always jokingly laugh that there is a price to pay for living in paradise.

1. Eastern Diamond Back Rattle Snakes
2. Coral Snakes
3. Fire Ants
4. Black Racers
5. Sharks
6. Alligators
7. Florida Panthers
8. Jelly Fish
9. Wild Boar
10. Spiders (Brown Recluse and Southern Black Widow
11. Florida Black Bear (they are now on the endangered species list).
12. Non native Burmese Python’s
12. Lizards of varying species. The big ones are known to fall out of trees when they are stunned with a sudden severe cold spell.

To name a few….LOL

My experiences with the local wild life have been.

A few years ago there was a story in the local paper of a guy that came home from work and found a Panther resting on his driveway. They had photos of it. It was in a gated community just about 4 miles down the road from us. Can’t exactly say move on kitty kitty.

I have been bitten by Fire Ants a few times. There is a reason they call them Fire Ants. It burns like fire at the bite site and it itches to the high heavens. The ants can bite multiple times and if you are bitten multiple times you should be seen by a Doctor to make sure you do not have severe reaction. They borrow in a sand anthill and you can typically tell where there are. If you see a sand mound stay away from it. The queen is burrowed deep with in and her army of protective ants in millions guard her.

They are known to barrow in grassy areas that are not easily seen. Which is were I have gotten bittten.

If there is water you will get a pet so to speak is the joke of all the realtors here in Florida ( I did not find it partially funny). We have had 4 Alligators trapped in the Waterways of our Community since I have lived here.

The Alligators are known to go after small pets, small children and adults at times. They are especially dangerous during mating season April, May and June. They are supposedly less aggressive towards human than the Crocodiles, but are deadly and not to be for sure taken lightly.

There was a death recently here in another community not far from me. The Gator went after an elderly woman‘s dog she was walking near their community waterway a got her instead. Very tragic.

A number of years ago while we were having a dinner party a small wild boar went running past in our backyard. We have glass sliding doors pretty much over the whole back side of the house so it was easy to see. It ran between our house and my neighbors. I went out the front door to see where it went. It ran down the end of the street and came charging back and ran through our houses again. There was some undeveloped land across from our community and I think that is where it came from.

It‘s a good idea to make sure and check around pools before getting in for snakes.

We have a large gated olympic size swimming pool in our community. So it would be easy to miss things laying out of site on the pool ledge unless you had made walk around the pool looking for anything.

I walked right past a poisonous small snake that was laying on the pool ledge near the stairs you walk down to get into the pool.

I was swimming along against the wall at the other side of pool and some lady came and was motioning for me to get out.

She took a light bulb extender pole and picked the snake up and threw it over the fence. She was a Florida Wildlife Biologist of all things. Good thing the snake was happy in the water oh the pool edge and not in the pool. I’am thankful she was there. Lesson learned. There is a metal gate around the pool so no gators can get in. I now take a complete walk around the pool to make sure no reptiles are lurking before I get in.

We have in the past 2 years seen the Gamma Gamma Lizards (African Rainbow Lizard) here and they are everywhere now. They are a lot bigger than your average Gecko and this species is making its way North. I first seen them in Ft. Pierce at the Farmers market four years ago and it took them 2 years to get here. So I would suspect they will be in Orlando soon if they are not there already.

Enough on animals.

Sun is shining this morning. We did get a nice rain shower Sunday. It was windy and raining so a good day to get caught up with all the house work that needed done.

Hubby is doing good after second cataract surgery. Eye surgeon says it takes a number of days as the eye adjust post surgery to see the benefit. He has been very proactive in reading up on cataract surgery and then choosing a good eye surgeon. I have been really proud of him. If I say Doctor he would Typically run in the other direction.

Happy belated Mother’s Day to Carole and all the UK Mom’s.
View attachment 748013

It has been cooler here the past couple of days. Mid 50’s in the am reaching into the upper 60’s late yesterday. 75 predicted today so it will be warm with the sun full out.

Plans today are pool, book, cool drink and maybe dinner out. Will figure that out as day goes on.

Have wonderful Tuesday everyone doing whatever makes you happy.

My goodness!!! Dr Doolittle would admire your dealings with the animals!!! Holy smokes......

I`ve only seen the Racer snakes in Florida.....thank goodness!!! But to live there and deal with all the scary stuff you have to deal with is quite something. The locals I know seem quite blase sometimes, one told us he shooed an alligator away with his garden hose......lol.....never batted an eyelid!!

Thank you for the good wishes and nice compliment on the picture with my boy!!

Glad to hear your husband is making such a good improvement, he sounds like he could take on anything.

You have a good day, sounds like a lovely way to spend it.

I had washing out, it rained, brought it back in.....rinse and repeat 3 times. Eventually the sun stayed out so got the laundry dry, ironed and put away. One of the tiny things that makes me happy!!

We did make grilled sandwiches for lunch, we went out and I returned the dress, managed to get another in it`s place, went to the deli and bought some Brie and turkey slices, added cranberry sauce and popped it in the Toaster thingy......lovely.

Lasagne is all made up, just ready to pop in the oven when were getting hungry, using fresh lasagne sheets, so only takes about 35-40 minutes till the sauce on top is bubbling and everything is cooked through. Very filling dish.

Have some phone calls to friends to make tonight for a catch up with some of them, then some lazy tv I think.

Lunchtime walk was perfect. Zipped up when I first started, unzipped half way, was getting too warm. Loving this sunny weather. Too bad rain chances even start tomorrow, days of overcast skies. Sigh. But hey no snow anywhere in that forecast.

And yep, Keisha, older one is back on his allergy meds. Knows time of year, pollen is beginning to be in the air. Moderate air quality is today’s weather words.

Yeah, where you live, critters, bugs, snakes and lizards. When I was young, spent my summers in Miami. Spent hours with my youngest brother chasing and catching those little lizards. Now, nope. Don’t want to see any wildlife when I’m in Florida. Well, I do like seeing the birds, though not near any food areas.

Ugh, my afternoon seems to be dragging. Just hoping commute won’t be too bad traffic wise late afternoon.

Good to see Robo and Keisha’s posts.

One nice thing about being in a city suburb. Heck, grocery store is blocks away. Don’t blame ya, Keisha, to do shopping while dropping off return.

Robo, continued good wishes for your DH’s cataract surgery. Always gives a sigh of relief, when you find a good doctor. We found a very good, kind eye doctor. I hope he doesn’t retire, as he’s older.

Ooh poopy birds are back. Not sure if there’s a color difference between sexes of those starlings, but I just tell those girls to get off my window cover. They be sunning, I guess. Perching and all. Not just one, either. 6 up there right now. Sigh. White poop stains on my windows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter