Something About Nothing............ #14

Sorry to be MIA for a hot minute…

View attachment 723024

Now that I’m re-adjusted, glad to see most here are still vertical and getting into the holiday swing of things.🎄

lol…….love that meme!

Glad to see you back, youse have been missed.

Yes, I’m still awake….tea didn’t help much.

Blowing a hoolie outside tonight……winter has arrived as that wind is cold!

Yep, I was passed out before your post Mac. Was up around 2 am for some reason. Made a not very full kettle of tea, then decided to lay down again. But up that early hour now. Ah early bird I just have to be.

Keisha, I’m sorry for all you’ve been through, and hope your son and all are doing well now. Hugs and good thoughts are floating fast across the state. I have a good ear, if you ever need one. :hug:

Ah a Sunday is here. Alarm set, and trash cans, overly full this time, will be rolled to the curb tonight. Yep, another week of back to routine. But that means, other than a return I have to do, and some grocery shopping, with a meet up with my sister, it will be a lazy enough Sunday for us. And that is what a Sunday should be. Well, a usual work day for older one.

Thus, a hearty good morning from a happy homie in the weather department. No snow in the 10 day forecast, and while more rain to come, but then the temps bump up those rainy days, into the 50’s. A cooler damp day, with only rain? Fine. No freezing rain, even? Thankful. And at least the in 10 day forecast, it shows no high temp lower than today.

But ah, more weather news, for today. While a cold front is setting up, we are still 10 degrees above freezing. And yay, that see ya later rainy system is gone, and a woot, as means a full day of sun this Sunday. And while the temp now will not really change throughout the day, we will be at freezing by 9 pm, and be in the 20’s overnight. Ooh, will wake up this time tomorrow, and predicted to see 25 or 26 on the thermometer by this time Monday morning. Glad no commuting to start the week day routine. Hehe, and another short week for me. :dancer:

And so, may all have that most relaxing Sunday, today. We are in December. Woot! Soon enough, Robo’s countdown will be in single digits. :santa:

:coffee:

You are up late tonight!

Now that I just started to look at the sans, bet you are sawing logs now

Obviously, Saturday night many are asleep now

You`re right, I certainly was mac ::yes:: ......hence the email early hours to you and Keisha......lol......took a while but I did get back to sleep, not sure about sawing logs, think I slept incredibly soundly though.

We did make our friends brunch this morning, even though the rain was bouncing down and it is freezing we made it out there. We all remembered the last brunch we had at her home, it was August and hot and we were all outside eating......not today!! I did try one of my friends sister`s vegan dishes, just to be polite......bleurgh!! She is an odd one, but hey ho...she thinks the same of me too so it`s fine!

Certainly don`t need lunch!

Was planning to make peppered chicken for dinner tonight, but we are full, so it might be grilled brie & turkey sandwiches.

It is still miserable and really cold outside, so once we came home, we have no plans to go back out anywhere today. Movies I think and wrap some presents that arrived late yesterday afternoon. It`s dark enough already for all the Christmas lights to be on around the house and outside ones too. It`s a real winter`s day.

Lazy Sunday for us......and time for a pot of tea with some home baking, there`s always room for a little home baking.......☺️

1670156042131.png

cv94-M.jpg

cv101-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday!!!​

Good Sunday morning Sans family.

It is 20 days and 15 hours until Christmas.
6E76B682-73BB-41D0-88CE-6D8E9E012538.gif

8B03A232-8152-4489-A07E-48D7883725B7.gif

711B867E-FD44-4A90-B9DC-A5682BAD7800.gif

F8C47A40-9A77-42C1-89E1-46D430DDFDAC.gif

9D67835C-C4BC-4E97-8C6F-CF680332577E.gif

321E53F8-13C2-4FB2-87F6-B97ED2742CDE.gif

Aww thank you! He was 16, so, it was a bit of a big deal - he is unique and celebrated by opening a savings account!
You are all so organised for Christmas! I am pretty good, (I have minion pjs in Grinch wrapping paper for everyone to open on actual Christmas, cos we'll be away, and a bunch of things for our return, when we will celebrate New Year) but I have not written much less mailed my cards! (except the international ones, I am not entirely hopeless!)
Nothing wrong with setting up a back account. Sounds like a great idea.

Sounds like you have Christmas things far more under control then you think you do.

Hope you get some shopping done, I avoid "real" shopping this time of year, but I do love a wander round to see how the stores are all decorated, and if there`s a Christmas market.....I`m there!! Online is easier, but not as festive for sure....You can never have too many decorations and there`s always something new to find.......I`m such an easy target for new products!!! Have a lovely wander.......
Good to see you posting.

Yes, I love to see the Christmas decorations in the stores. Some of the design folks do a wonderful job with the trees.

We are getting a Home Goods in our little town soon. I don't think I've ever been to one.
You will love it. We have had the Home Goods store in Florida where we live and then one opened up here 2 years ago. Both stores are always busy. They carry really nice home design things. They carry really tasteful decorations for the all the holidays.

So no more schoolwork for me today. I need to think about where to go for dinner before the concert tonight. We are going to Roanoke, so possibly Cuban. We don't have any Cuban restaurants in my town.
You are almost to the end of the semester hang in there.

Think I have the dreaded bug that’s going around……after getting rid of the last one! Think Kyle shared it with me……kind of him, poor soul he was bad, Tom is making me a hot toddy of JD, hot lemonade, honey, a whole lemon squeezed into it and some pulped down ginger…….he’s a gem!

Then might head to bed……..need some sleep.
Sorry to hear you were sick. Those bugs do creep up and are so prevalent now. Glad to hear Dr. Tom made you a a nice a medicinal tonic. Sounds like a good one.

off the sick list this morning, that hot toddy and a good nights sleep worked a treat. One of those 24 hour bugs I think.
Good to hear you are feeling better.

Mr Mac is still sleeping….
cats woke me up at 7:30

They wanted food

so I need a short nap soon
Naps are good.

Made him a hot chocolate with rum to warm him up as his wife was coming to pick him up, so he could have alcohol. Then he just had the rum......lol.....don`t think his wife was too pleased...oh well.
A man needs a nice drink to warm his bones after a little work outdoors on a cold day.

Not long till bedtime…….though I think Tom is developing what I had last night, he has a runny nose, but hasn’t stopped him drinking red wine! If he’s like this in the morning we’ll pass on the brunch, don’t want to share the germs!
So nice of you to think of others.

Now that I’m re-adjusted, glad to see most here are still vertical and getting into the holiday swing of things.🎄
Janet so good to see you post. The Sans family is returning to the fold.

We did make our friends brunch this morning, even though the rain was bouncing down and it is freezing we made it out there. We all remembered the last brunch we had at her home, it was August and hot and we were all outside eating......not today!! I did try one of my friends sister`s vegan dishes, just to be polite......bleurgh!! She is an odd one, but hey ho...she thinks the same of me too so it`s fine!
LOL….If your face is as expressive as I think it is when you think something or taste something thats awful it would have been hilarious.

Lazy Sunday for us......and time for a pot of tea with some home baking, there`s always room for a little home baking.......☺️

Sounds like a nice Sunday. I like the fun Christmas memes.

Quiet morning here. It is 32 degrees now. Sun peeking a through a little. High today supposed to be 44.

On my visit to Home Goods Friday morning I did find some items for Christmas. They do carry a nice selection of International products and nonperishable food items.

I picked up some Amoretti cookies and some Walkers shortbread cookies. They had a nice selection of British and Swiss chocolates. I always crumble the Amoretti cookies over fresh fruit. Did not buy any of the chocolates did not want to be tempted.

I found some cute Santa drying towels for the Kitchen. They have a nice unique toy selection too. I bought little J another gift. There was a interesting sea life puzzle for little ones I thought he would like. He loves puzzles.

I did get all the grocery shopping done. I went to 5 different places to get what I needed. The shelves are alright here, but certain items are just not being refilled as before. So one stop shopping is off the table and has been for awhile, but I don’t mind. I like looking around anyway.

It was really windy and cold Friday along with some rain in the afternoon. I called my niece to see if she wanted to go to local Mall on Saturday to get out and let little J play since the weather was so bad Friday.

I picked them up yesterday morning and we went to the play area in the Mall and then had a look at Macy’s Christmas display and then Dillard‘s display.

The Macy’s here has really gone downhill in the Christmas display department compared to years past. They always had great trees and displays.

Dillard‘s was awesome. Little J and I went upstairs and had a wonderful time looking at all the beautiful trees and Christmas items while my niece was shopping at Bath and Body. They had a fantastic display of Grinch items. J knows all the Grinch characters. He loved looking at them and telling me who they were.

I think a Christmas time visit to Universal Orlando is on the list in the next couple of years. He would be over the moon.

They had a wonderful little Whoville and Grinch at our Church last year at Christmas and the guy who played the Grinch was awesome. The Grinch got down on floor at little J’s level and he had a good look at the Grinch. He liked the Grinch, but he was not sure about touching this life sized big green furry Grinch in real life.

67BCA949-74E6-41F6-85DC-185EB27C9C15.jpeg

My niece walking with her little fella through Whoville.
85439B11-73A6-4386-A8B7-782E925C1DBF.jpeg

1FBD03B6-325B-4876-B693-BA1514F70965.jpeg

A8442161-F7F4-49B2-AB41-CCB40F5873EB.jpeg

The Grinch is back for Christmas at the church. So we will see how little J likes him this year.

Grandson and his girlfriend are coming by for a visit in a little while need to get moving this morning.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone doing whatever it is that makes you happy.

Thank you, yes, opening a savings account is a fab idea (he already has a current account and a long term saver, but he wanted to get one for the portion of his wages he will save, because he can because he is 16! - He works in an ice cream shop in the spring and summer - since we live walking distance from the beach it's great, and he can do it whilst also getting his school exams done!)
The kids and their dad put the decorations up today so it MUST be nearly Christmas.
You sound like you have had a busy time at the shops! I'm glad you got everything you wanted. We still don't go into many shops (DH has now THREE types of cancer - the first one is a chronic blood cancer, so it predisposes him to getting others - so even though we are all as vaccinated as possible, we are all still very careful - but the third is new, and his dr said going on holiday for Christmas would be a great, fun thing to do before all the new treatment plans and prognosis making occur in January)
I love your Christmas Grinch pics, that's a fun thing for Church to do (I know DS ate his body weight in satsumas one year when he was small at our church, but they didn't have fun stuff!)

Schumi: You must be a real gourmet cook! I am very impressed with your menues.

I confess that I don't really like to cook, and it seems I make the same old things over and over. I am very lucky that Roger never complains and always likes what I cook. We both like to eat out about 2 or 3 times a week, but we've decreased that to once a week due to the very increased prices at most restaurants.

Tonight, Sunday, we are having take out from our local Green Mill Restaurant. They have bonesless wings with sauce and a large 2 topping pizza special for $20.00. It is really deliciuos, and that restaurant is one of our favorites. They have slightly different items on their menu that are delicious. I don't cook on Sundays during football season. I watch the NFL games from morning to night and Roger knows meals are his to figure out, LOL.

It sounds like everyone is way ahead of me on Christmas shopping. I took my Mother shopping last week and we got all of hers done. I will start on mine soon. Our family keeps growing it seems. I have 2 grown kids, 6 grandchildren, and 2 great grands. So I need to get started soon, LOL. I love buying for the little ones. One is 5 and the other is 5 months!

I don't know about everyone else, but it is really difficult to buy for adults or grown grandkids now. Everyone seems to buy what they want during the year. I usually settle for gift certificates for everyone. I remember when we waited all year for certain things we wanted and usually got them at Christmas. I guess those days are gone now. But we do have a large turnout for Christmas and play games and have a great time with way too many sweets and food. Don't you love the Christmas Season?

Hope Tom is better now? No one here has that nasty flu, yet, so here's hoping:)

Good Sunday morning Sans family.

It is 20 days and 15 hours until Christmas.
View attachment 723087

View attachment 723088

View attachment 723089

View attachment 723090

View attachment 723091

View attachment 723092

Sounds like you have Christmas things far more under control then you think you do.

Good to see you posting.

Yes, I love to see the Christmas decorations in the stores. Some of the design folks do a wonderful job with the trees.

You will love it. We have had the Home Goods store in Florida where we live and then one opened up here 2 years ago. Both stores are always busy. They carry really nice home design things. They carry really tasteful decorations for the all the holidays.

You are almost to the end of the semester hang in there.

Sorry to hear you were sick. Those bugs do creep up and are so prevalent now. Glad to hear Dr. Tom made you a a nice a medicinal tonic. Sounds like a good one.

Good to hear you are feeling better.

Naps are good.

A man needs a nice drink to warm his bones after a little work outdoors on a cold day.

So nice of you to think of others.

Janet so good to see you post. The Sans family is returning to the fold.

LOL….If your face is as expressive as I think it is when you think something or taste something thats awful it would have been hilarious.

Sounds like a nice Sunday. I like the fun Christmas memes.

Quiet morning here. It is 32 degrees now. Sun peeking a through a little. High today supposed to be 44.

On my visit to Home Goods Friday morning I did find some items for Christmas. They do carry a nice selection of International products and nonperishable food items.

I picked up some Amoretti cookies and some Walkers shortbread cookies. They had a nice selection of British and Swiss chocolates. I always crumble the Amoretti cookies over fresh fruit. Did not buy any of the chocolates did not want to be tempted.

I found some cute Santa drying towels for the Kitchen. They have a nice unique toy selection too. I bought little J another gift. There was a interesting sea life puzzle for little ones I thought he would like. He loves puzzles.

I did get all the grocery shopping done. I went to 5 different places to get what I needed. The shelves are alright here, but certain items are just not being refilled as before. So one stop shopping is off the table and has been for awhile, but I don’t mind. I like looking around anyway.

It was really windy and cold Friday along with some rain in the afternoon. I called my niece to see if she wanted to go to local Mall on Saturday to get out and let little J play since the weather was so bad Friday.

I picked them up yesterday morning and we went to the play area in the Mall and then had a look at Macy’s Christmas display and then Dillard‘s display.

The Macy’s here has really gone downhill in the Christmas display department compared to years past. They always had great trees and displays.

Dillard‘s was awesome. Little J and I went upstairs and had a wonderful time looking at all the beautiful trees and Christmas items while my niece was shopping at Bath and Body. They had a fantastic display of Grinch items. J knows all the Grinch characters. He loved looking at them and telling me who they were.

I think a Christmas time visit to Universal Orlando is on the list in the next couple of years. He would be over the moon.

They had a wonderful little Whoville and Grinch at our Church last year at Christmas and the guy who played the Grinch was awesome. The Grinch got down on floor at little J’s level and he had a good look at the Grinch. He liked the Grinch, but he was not sure about touching this life sized big green furry Grinch in real life.

View attachment 723107

My niece walking with her little fella through Whoville.
View attachment 723106

View attachment 723104

View attachment 723105

The Grinch is back for Christmas at the church. So we will see how little J likes him this year.

Grandson and his girlfriend are coming by for a visit in a little while need to get moving this morning.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone doing whatever it is that makes you happy.

Oh little J does have that side eye glance with the full size Grinch doesn`t he.....lol.....he is so cute!!

Er, yes, I have been told I have a very expressionful face and can`t really hide what I`m thinking......this meme is me to a tee....although the older I get the less tolerant I get for idiots.

8648D697-F01B-48E2-8FD7-342AEBB26C56-Th.jpg

Tofu is not a food 🤬 and if any dish has the words "plant based" in the description.....I am most certainly out!!

Yes, we were trying to be so considerate and txt to say we wouldn`t be over, but she said everyone was getting over this bug....so we went.....usually I`d avoid folks like the plague and we have no vulnerable among that group of friends, except for the vegan hypocondriac of course.....lol.....she is so not my cup of tea!!!

Hope you have the best time with Grandson and his GF today.....spending time with family is the best!

And I owe you a big apology ☺️ ......remember the other day we spoke about Errol....and how much I disliked him.....seems I`m eating crow......look what I found when I brought down all our Christmas mugs and crockery.......

i-gpVdzn5-S.jpg

i-nhTGMzg-S.jpg

Seems we bought this one last December......lol.....I completely forgot!! Can`t really say I dislike the little guy now!!

Thank you, yes, opening a savings account is a fab idea (he already has a current account and a long term saver, but he wanted to get one for the portion of his wages he will save, because he can because he is 16! - He works in an ice cream shop in the spring and summer - since we live walking distance from the beach it's great, and he can do it whilst also getting his school exams done!)
The kids and their dad put the decorations up today so it MUST be nearly Christmas.
You sound like you have had a busy time at the shops! I'm glad you got everything you wanted. We still don't go into many shops (DH has now THREE types of cancer - the first one is a chronic blood cancer, so it predisposes him to getting others - so even though we are all as vaccinated as possible, we are all still very careful - but the third is new, and his dr said going on holiday for Christmas would be a great, fun thing to do before all the new treatment plans and prognosis making occur in January)
I love your Christmas Grinch pics, that's a fun thing for Church to do (I know DS ate his body weight in satsumas one year when he was small at our church, but they didn't have fun stuff!)

Always a good idea to educate our kids about money early as possible. As soon as our son was old enought he got credit cards and any bank accounts he could get, but I know that might not be for everyone, our son is incredibly responsible and has always paid everything off straight away before any accrued interest develops. But, we always knew he was financially minded from a very young age....gets that from his dad!!! I always say I know I`ll be looked after in my old age by him!

What a time you`ve had with your poor DH and his cancer, glad they approve his travel, it`ll do you all the power of good. I truly hope it`s an amazing trip.

Schumi: You must be a real gourmet cook! I am very impressed with your menues.

I confess that I don't really like to cook, and it seems I make the same old things over and over. I am very lucky that Roger never complains and always likes what I cook. We both like to eat out about 2 or 3 times a week, but we've decreased that to once a week due to the very increased prices at most restaurants.

Tonight, Sunday, we are having take out from our local Green Mill Restaurant. They have bonesless wings with sauce and a large 2 topping pizza special for $20.00. It is really deliciuos, and that restaurant is one of our favorites. They have slightly different items on their menu that are delicious. I don't cook on Sundays during football season. I watch the NFL games from morning to night and Roger knows meals are his to figure out, LOL.

It sounds like everyone is way ahead of me on Christmas shopping. I took my Mother shopping last week and we got all of hers done. I will start on mine soon. Our family keeps growing it seems. I have 2 grown kids, 6 grandchildren, and 2 great grands. So I need to get started soon, LOL. I love buying for the little ones. One is 5 and the other is 5 months!

I don't know about everyone else, but it is really difficult to buy for adults or grown grandkids now. Everyone seems to buy what they want during the year. I usually settle for gift certificates for everyone. I remember when we waited all year for certain things we wanted and usually got them at Christmas. I guess those days are gone now. But we do have a large turnout for Christmas and play games and have a great time with way too many sweets and food. Don't you love the Christmas Season?

Hope Tom is better now? No one here has that nasty flu, yet, so here's hoping:)

I`m not a gourmet cook, but I certainly enjoy it....I`m guilty of laughing out loud at some folks description of what they think is cooking!!! I`m fussy about what I serve and yes, I suppose it`s normally top notch......except for when I made a Croquembouche......that did not turn out well!!! I wish I`d taken a picture, but we didn`t.

Eating out is always nice, especially as a couple, very romantic......but I do like the sound of your wings and pizza......and you`re the NFL fan????? love it.....lol....we`re not sports fans in this house, except for F1 which again is not for everyone. Football (uk football) bores the bejessus out of us.....sooner this world cup is over the better, although the country is usually awash with England flags/banners/beers in supermarkets laden with England flags....not this time, one little shelf at the end of a row is all most of them have.....I`ve seen 3 cars with England flags on this time around.....no one cares about this world cup.

I do support the Steelers in honour of our Keishashadow......wouldn`t have a clue what`s going on in a game, but we cheer in the right places.......lol......

It is easier to buy for little ones, no doubt about it. I struggled with what to get my mum this year, thought about a million things, then she said she wanted a new phone.....ideal!!!

I adore Christmas!!! My friends named me Mrs Christmas many years ago.....it`s my favourite time of year and I absorb every part of it, love buying gifts and yes, I do enjoy opening presents too....Tom and Kyle love to see me open the gifts they get me.....your Christmas sounds very much like ours.....all about family. Yes, you can get what you want all year round, but opening a gift someone has taken time to choose for you, is always nice.

Tom is still not 100%, but much better thanks.......just tired I think.

Enjoy that takeout tonight!!!

Still not ready for any food, although have had some shortbread and tea, now onto wine as we decide what film to watch tonight.

We had hailstones for about half an hour this afternoon, way up North had snow.....seems awfully early, but it`s really not. It is so cold out there today, apparently some weather Troll from Norway is heading our way......weird way of saying a cold front is coming. Quelle Surprise.......it`s winter! One of my Godsons is living in London for a year and he planned to walk in Hyde Park today with his GF.....said it was too darn cold!!

I`m meant to live in warmer climes.

Might be Love Actually tonight......

Carole:

I had to laugh at your description of football and soccer, LOL. I don't understand anything about soccer either, but, because the USA was in it I tried. I really tried to like it or to understand it, but no go. It seems it's the game of choice for the rest of the world though.
I know you are partial to the Steelers for Keishashadow, but now you need to support the Minnesota Vikings!!! Don't worry, I won't hold you to it. I don't even support them most of the time, LOL. They usually manage to mess up a game most of the time, sigh.................

I must confess I don't even know what a croquebouche is???? Oh well there's no hope for me. I ignore cooking all day and then when supper time comes, It's like what do I fix now for supper??? I do try though. I am fascinated to hear you describe your meals. They sound wonderful. If I were rich I would have a cook, I think, LOL.

At least you found something to buy your Mom. Mine is 95 and has everything! It's really difficult to figure something out for her. I love Christmas too - to me it's fun games, laughs, good food and treats, and of course gifts!

It is cold here too with about 4 inches of snow on the ground. That amount will build all winter and won't go away til Spring in April or May. If I can figure out how to send pictures I will send some winter pics. I know you really want to see More Snow!!!

Hope Tom is better now, and take care,

ruth

Carole:

I had to laugh at your description of football and soccer, LOL. I don't understand anything about soccer either, but, because the USA was in it I tried. I really tried to like it or to understand it, but no go. It seems it's the game of choice for the rest of the world though.
I know you are partial to the Steelers for Keishashadow, but now you need to support the Minnesota Vikings!!! Don't worry, I won't hold you to it. I don't even support them most of the time, LOL. They usually manage to mess up a game most of the time, sigh.................

I must confess I don't even know what a croquebouche is???? Oh well there's no hope for me. I ignore cooking all day and then when supper time comes, It's like what do I fix now for supper??? I do try though. I am fascinated to hear you describe your meals. They sound wonderful. If I were rich I would have a cook, I think, LOL.

At least you found something to buy your Mom. Mine is 95 and has everything! It's really difficult to figure something out for her. I love Christmas too - to me it's fun games, laughs, good food and treats, and of course gifts!

It is cold here too with about 4 inches of snow on the ground. That amount will build all winter and won't go away til Spring in April or May. If I can figure out how to send pictures I will send some winter pics. I know you really want to see More Snow!!!

Hope Tom is better now, and take care,

ruth

Minnesota Vikings it is then Ruth.....although if you play the Steelers......I`ll be out that day!!!

Croquembouche is a cream puff tower, pastry is choux pastry which is easy enough, but takes time. Building it is the key......I think mine was just too heavy and it sank......it sank like the Titanic......lol.....this is a bog standard pic off of Google..

1670179765550.png

It is beautiful though, and one of my friends kids, when she got married, she had one of these at every table for an dessert option, it was so impressive, and delicious.

I do love cooking, it`s fun and I enjoy it and I think it`s always half decent.....but I agree, if I were a trillionaire, I`d have a chef....I`d have 5 chefs!! But, I`d probably still cook for fun....just have someone to clear up after me......that`s the life!!

Oh I do love a good snow picture, only when it`s picturesque though.....it`s not the same when you see an industrial looking area covered in snow, just not the same......so send away!!! Would love to see them.

Yes, mums that age do tend to have everything.....glad you live so close to her, that must be lovely.

Tom is better thanks Ruth, he`s asked for a glass of Cabernet, so he must be better, always a good sign.

Have a great Sunday......:)

Oh little J does have that side eye glance with the full size Grinch doesn`t he.....lol.....he is so cute!!

Er, yes, I have been told I have a very expressionful face and can`t really hide what I`m thinking......this meme is me to a tee....although the older I get the less tolerant I get for idiots.

8648D697-F01B-48E2-8FD7-342AEBB26C56-Th.jpg

Tofu is not a food 🤬 and if any dish has the words "plant based" in the description.....I am most certainly out!!

Yes, we were trying to be so considerate and txt to say we wouldn`t be over, but she said everyone was getting over this bug....so we went.....usually I`d avoid folks like the plague and we have no vulnerable among that group of friends, except for the vegan hypocondriac of course.....lol.....she is so not my cup of tea!!!

Hope you have the best time with Grandson and his GF today.....spending time with family is the best!

And I owe you a big apology ☺️ ......remember the other day we spoke about Errol....and how much I disliked him.....seems I`m eating crow......look what I found when I brought down all our Christmas mugs and crockery.......

i-gpVdzn5-S.jpg

i-nhTGMzg-S.jpg

Seems we bought this one last December......lol.....I completely forgot!! Can`t really say I dislike the little guy now!!

Always a good idea to educate our kids about money early as possible. As soon as our son was old enought he got credit cards and any bank accounts he could get, but I know that might not be for everyone, our son is incredibly responsible and has always paid everything off straight away before any accrued interest develops. But, we always knew he was financially minded from a very young age....gets that from his dad!!! I always say I know I`ll be looked after in my old age by him!

What a time you`ve had with your poor DH and his cancer, glad they approve his travel, it`ll do you all the power of good. I truly hope it`s an amazing trip.

I`m not a gourmet cook, but I certainly enjoy it....I`m guilty of laughing out loud at some folks description of what they think is cooking!!! I`m fussy about what I serve and yes, I suppose it`s normally top notch......except for when I made a Croquembouche......that did not turn out well!!! I wish I`d taken a picture, but we didn`t.

Eating out is always nice, especially as a couple, very romantic......but I do like the sound of your wings and pizza......and you`re the NFL fan????? love it.....lol....we`re not sports fans in this house, except for F1 which again is not for everyone. Football (uk football) bores the bejessus out of us.....sooner this world cup is over the better, although the country is usually awash with England flags/banners/beers in supermarkets laden with England flags....not this time, one little shelf at the end of a row is all most of them have.....I`ve seen 3 cars with England flags on this time around.....no one cares about this world cup.

I do support the Steelers in honour of our Keishashadow......wouldn`t have a clue what`s going on in a game, but we cheer in the right places.......lol......

It is easier to buy for little ones, no doubt about it. I struggled with what to get my mum this year, thought about a million things, then she said she wanted a new phone.....ideal!!!

I adore Christmas!!! My friends named me Mrs Christmas many years ago.....it`s my favourite time of year and I absorb every part of it, love buying gifts and yes, I do enjoy opening presents too....Tom and Kyle love to see me open the gifts they get me.....your Christmas sounds very much like ours.....all about family. Yes, you can get what you want all year round, but opening a gift someone has taken time to choose for you, is always nice.

Tom is still not 100%, but much better thanks.......just tired I think.

Enjoy that takeout tonight!!!

Still not ready for any food, although have had some shortbread and tea, now onto wine as we decide what film to watch tonight.

We had hailstones for about half an hour this afternoon, way up North had snow.....seems awfully early, but it`s really not. It is so cold out there today, apparently some weather Troll from Norway is heading our way......weird way of saying a cold front is coming. Quelle Surprise.......it`s winter! One of my Godsons is living in London for a year and he planned to walk in Hyde Park today with his GF.....said it was too darn cold!!

I`m meant to live in warmer climes.

Might be Love Actually tonight......
Thank you. I am somewhat trepidatious taking everyone so far, but we *love* Florida, and got married in WDW and we are all insured to the max. So we should be OK. I just have to remember not to lose my mind trying to get DH to hear me or process anything more than basic chatter (LOL - this is why I have already booked meals so I can just tell them times etc, and club level will help if sleep eludes or rest is needed - DS is autistic, and DD has diagnosed anxiety, so, we're going to be taking it easy and just seeing what we see and doing what we do - not too many must do things etc.
Croquembouche is ambitious! I can managed profiteroles but I am pretty sure if I tried building them I'd come a cropper! I shall e baking gingerbread cookies with DD on Wednesday after school so she can take a bunch of them in for the cake stall at her school fete!

Ooh what a sight to see. A B2 Spirit flew over our house this mid afternoon. With a clear sky, and was not that high in the sky, so we got a good look at it as it flew by. Will be replaced soon enough, but I had never seen one in the sky before. Hehe, older one said look first and said the kind of plane it was. Well cannot mistake that black looking plane. Fabulous and loud enough, made all of us look.

Ah a true Sunday night here. Pizza for a late dinner was the request, so Snap and quick pick up. All gone now. Trash at curb, and alarm set. All relaxing as week day routine tomorrow means an earlier bedtime. And the temp has been falling. At 35 degrees now, and to be at just below freezing by 10 pm tonight. Yeah, cool night. Wake up temp should be 27 degrees. Good night for a good night’s sleep.

Hope all have that most restful of sleeps tonight. And yay for Robo’s countdown and fun with little J, and shopping.

Last edited:
Good evening everyone. I completely threw out my weekend study plans. I didn't do any schoolwork at all this weekend. Thankfully my paper isn't due until a week from Monday. I decided to finish up my Christmas shopping and do some much needed house cleaning. I am still waiting on an Amazon delivery for part of dh's birthday present, but I think I have everything else. Thankfully I only have a few people to shop for.

(We're having the kitchen done in February's and I am excited and terrified at once)
I am a tiny bit sad that the 16yo has (for now) aged out of the mouse
We did a kitchen renovation last year. A little inconvenient, but so worth it.
I count myself lucky that my child hasn't aged out of the mouse. She's 22 and I don't think she will ever get tired of Disney.

Someone remind me to buy my Christmas cards soon.
Buy some Christmas cards. We haven't sent any in years.

Roanoke always sounds so lovely…….I hope it is.
It's oaky, but nothing super special. It has the advantage of being a bigger city than where I live, so more restaurants, shops, entertainment venues, etc.

Ooh here comes that yellow and dark green weather radar long blob of rain. H
I think we are supposed to get rain most of this week. Yuck.

I opened a checking account for B when she was in high school. So far she has been very careful about spending money. I hope that continues when she starts to earn more of it.

That will be a great time to go. I want to plan another family trip, but have no idea when that will be.

DH has now THREE types of cancer -
Oh my goodness, that is a lot to bear. I hope you have a wonderful family vacation and he does well with his treatments.

I confess that I don't really like to cook, and it seems I make the same old things over and over.
This sounds like my life. We eat out way too much.

I don't know about everyone else, but it is really difficult to buy for adults or grown grandkids now.
My daughter has asked for books and gift cards this year. I kind of miss shopping for toys, but have to admit, gift cards are so much easier.

Croquembouche is a cream puff tower

Sounds good.

It's almost 9:00. I have completely given up on getting any more work done today. Just 2 more weeks left in the semester and then I have a month break.

Thank you. I am somewhat trepidatious taking everyone so far, but we *love* Florida, and got married in WDW and we are all insured to the max. So we should be OK. I just have to remember not to lose my mind trying to get DH to hear me or process anything more than basic chatter (LOL - this is why I have already booked meals so I can just tell them times etc, and club level will help if sleep eludes or rest is needed - DS is autistic, and DD has diagnosed anxiety, so, we're going to be taking it easy and just seeing what we see and doing what we do - not too many must do things etc.
Croquembouche is ambitious! I can managed profiteroles but I am pretty sure if I tried building them I'd come a cropper! I shall e baking gingerbread cookies with DD on Wednesday after school so she can take a bunch of them in for the cake stall at her school fete!

You`re in the right place, there are many of us here who love Florida.

I hear you, good travel insurance is as essential as breathing for folks who don`t have extra health issues, but with your husbands needs, goodness yes!! Sounds like a much needed trip that will do you all the world of good.

I think my profiteroles were just too heavy that time and so were the fillings and sauce.......it crumbled like a detonator had gone off underneath it!!! It`s a lot easier than folks think it is though, but looks impressive.

I am adjusting to the Walking Dead series is now over, it was the one tv series I was hooked on

Are there going to be spin off shows from it and did they resolve it with a decent ending or was it open ended?? I like shows to finish with all the stories tied up properly.

There is a mourning process when epic shows like that finish...... ::yes::

Good evening everyone. I completely threw out my weekend study plans. I didn't do any schoolwork at all this weekend. Thankfully my paper isn't due until a week from Monday. I decided to finish up my Christmas shopping and do some much needed house cleaning. I am still waiting on an Amazon delivery for part of dh's birthday present, but I think I have everything else. Thankfully I only have a few people to shop for.

We did a kitchen renovation last year. A little inconvenient, but so worth it.
I count myself lucky that my child hasn't aged out of the mouse. She's 22 and I don't think she will ever get tired of Disney.

Buy some Christmas cards. We haven't sent any in years.

It's oaky, but nothing super special. It has the advantage of being a bigger city than where I live, so more restaurants, shops, entertainment venues, etc.

I think we are supposed to get rain most of this week. Yuck.

I opened a checking account for B when she was in high school. So far she has been very careful about spending money. I hope that continues when she starts to earn more of it.

That will be a great time to go. I want to plan another family trip, but have no idea when that will be.

Oh my goodness, that is a lot to bear. I hope you have a wonderful family vacation and he does well with his treatments.

This sounds like my life. We eat out way too much.

My daughter has asked for books and gift cards this year. I kind of miss shopping for toys, but have to admit, gift cards are so much easier.

Sounds good.

It's almost 9:00. I have completely given up on getting any more work done today. Just 2 more weeks left in the semester and then I have a month break.

Yes, eating out is a downfall of ours, but so much fun whether it`s just the two of us or with others in a group. Not good for any dieting, but wouldn`t give it up.

A month break will be lovely for you I`m sure.

Troll of Trondheim is the weather system heading our way, although I think in our case it`s already here!! This morning the rain is bouncing down and it just feels like it`s going to be a miserable day. So, no plans to go out at all, if it`s as dark as it was all day yesterday, it`ll be another day with all the christmas lights on around the house, they do brighten up a dull day for sure.

This afternoon I`m going to write all my Christmas cards, tomorrow I need to get the cousins cards for America sent off, usually they go earlier, but they`ll still make it in time. Some of the groups of friends we have decided a couple of years ago to not give personal cards to each other instead make a donation to a local hospice, well, we still all make those donations, but we`re back to doing "special friends" cards to each other. We do all like cards. I think I have all my friend`s gifts sorted too, that takes up more time than family gifts!

Tom still has a bit of a bug, so he`ll sleep much later today, will do him the world of good and it really is too miserable a day to go out anywhere, we have hailstones again right now and now, almost 8ish it`s still quite dark. Cosy kitchen day ahead I think for me.

Will do the chicken in peppercorn sauce for dinner tonight, no idea what I`ll do with it, maybe little mini roast potatoes with carrots and cauliflower. Lunch I think will be grilled sandwiches, don`t want a cold lunch today. I do have a huge butternut squash and sweet potatoes so might make some soup with those and add in a load of other stuff too....sweet peppers, garlic, leeks and some spice, then blend it all down, it is gorgeous and very winter warming for days that are ahead for us this week. One of the few soups I will eat to be honest, not really a soup fan, but that home made flavour is hard to beat.

i-sSk29sc-M.jpg

cv98-M.jpg

cv102-S.jpg

Have a happy Monday :santa:

Ah yes, a Monday here.

Good morning Schumi. Hope that rain goes away soon. And hope Tom is feeling better today. Mummy dust well wishes sent to him.

Below freezing and traffic news said some icy conditions. Guess wherever was wet yesterday, is now icy. Glad to not be on the road this morning. And a mostly cloudy day, as we too get rain tomorrow, saying even some may be seen into Wednesday. Ugh. But yay, as coming from that SW, so rainy days in the 50’s temp highs. So camel, lightweight rain jacket maybe.

Up and back to that week day routine. Which means tea has been sipped for some time already.

Most Marvelously had Monday all.

First week of December. Yay! :santa:

I hear you, good travel insurance is as essential as breathing for folks who don`t have extra health issues, but with your husbands needs, goodness yes!! Sounds like a much needed trip that will do you all the world of good.

I think my profiteroles were just too heavy that time and so were the fillings and sauce.......it crumbled like a detonator had gone off underneath it!!! It`s a lot easier than folks think it is though, but looks impressive.

Are there going to be spin off shows from it and did they resolve it with a decent ending or was it open ended?? I like shows to finish with all the stories tied up properly.

Yes, eating out is a downfall of ours, but so much fun whether it`s just the two of us or with others in a group. Not good for any dieting, but wouldn`t give it up.

Troll of Trondheim is the weather system heading our way, although I think in our case it`s already here!! This morning the rain is bouncing down and it just feels like it`s going to be a miserable day. So, no plans to go out at all, if it`s as dark as it was all day yesterday, it`ll be another day with all the christmas lights on around the house, they do brighten up a dull day for sure.

This afternoon I`m going to write all my Christmas cards, tomorrow I need to get the cousins cards for America sent off, usually they go earlier, but they`ll still make it in time. Some of the groups of friends we have decided a couple of years ago to not give personal cards to each other instead make a donation to a local hospice, well, we still all make those donations, but we`re back to doing "special friends" cards to each other. We do all like cards. I think I have all my friend`s gifts sorted too, that takes up more time than family gifts!

Tom still has a bit of a bug, so he`ll sleep much later today, will do him the world of good and it really is too miserable a day to go out anywhere, we have hailstones again right now and now, almost 8ish it`s still quite dark. Cosy kitchen day ahead I think for me.

Will do the chicken in peppercorn sauce for dinner tonight, no idea what I`ll do with it, maybe little mini roast potatoes with carrots and cauliflower. Lunch I think will be grilled sandwiches, don`t want a cold lunch today. I do have a huge butternut squash and sweet potatoes so might make some soup with those and add in a load of other stuff too....sweet peppers, garlic, leeks and some spice, then blend it all down, it is gorgeous and very winter warming for days that are ahead for us this week. One of the few soups I will eat to be honest, not really a soup fan, but that home made flavour is hard to beat.

i-sSk29sc-M.jpg

cv98-M.jpg

cv102-S.jpg

I am back from working my first full day in 17 YEARS. And it was blinking freezing!
I made chicken stock yesterday and am busily turning it into chicken noodle soup for tea, with fresh rolls from our favourite local bakers.
Few days off for fetes and jumper days and baking and such, and then back at it on Friday.
I need to write some Christmas Cards too.
Hoping everyone is doing well today.

I am back from working my first full day in 17 YEARS. And it was blinking freezing!
I made chicken stock yesterday and am busily turning it into chicken noodle soup for tea, with fresh rolls from our favourite local bakers.
Few days off for fetes and jumper days and baking and such, and then back at it on Friday.
I need to write some Christmas Cards too.
Hoping everyone is doing well today.

Home made chicken noodle is one of the other soups I`ll happily eat....got to be fresh stock though, makes such a difference making your own stock doesn`t it!

It`s a popular Saturday lunch dish for us, I think it stems from me, my mum used to serve it then too. I`m having to head out to see a friend soon, I`m going to be wrapped up like a Christmas tree.....it is nasty out there! Her home is always even warmer than mine, so I`ll soon warm up. Heated seats in car will be in use too......Tom keeps saying how will I cope when the real winter hits.......lol......true, but that`s what central heating is for!!

Will have dinner when I get back in........shouldn`t be too long, will have a cuppa with her too.

Hope you enjoyed your first day back at work.....

i-sSk29sc-M.jpg

cv98-M.jpg

cv102-S.jpg

Wow, your food menu sounds delicious!
I would gladly do the clean up for you if I lived over there, LOL.
When I was a teenager, that was my roll in the house. Mom and Dad cooked (and very well), and I was just happy to eat the food and to clean up the mess. Some things never change:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter