Something About Nothing............ #14

Steaks were.....gorgeous!!!

My husband cooks the best steaks on the BBQ......he insists on them resting while I`m clambouring to eat!!! He`s right of course.......

Made some Dauphinoise Potatoes and griddled portobello mushrooms in the end. Very nice meal, washed down with a glass of pinot noir.

I did try to make lemon curd today......well, I get an A for effort, but it was a little watery, so will try again as the lady from the farm said I made an obvious mistake!!

Going to find a movie to watch tonight, it`s still nice enough and warm enough to sit outside, but feel like snuggling up with a movie. Something funny.....or as HHN is getting closer....maybe a scary one!!

Enjoying seeing all the pictures on social media of all the decor already laid out......I know some like to be surprised so won`t mention what they have.......looks so darn good!!!

Wine time......:)

Room, standard:

3C5D75FE-10C3-45E0-AB09-59D1FE990201.jpeg

Parking lot, but hey. Top floor, which we like, and going to hit VB after having an early dinner. Deciding Red Oven or maybe the QS here. Warm and muggy. Buses were fast, and even CW security was very fast. Even had a TM say no line come to me, bowed down and said welcome, as we entered the Studios.

Now chilling.

it’s always a long wait for the rooms on a saturday!

hope you get the room before late afternoon
Ain’t that the truth…

when u do factor in HHN nights with many trying to beat the park closure to day guests, it can be the scariest part of the whole day lol

since no more luv re youfirst suite upgrade, I’m of the mind give me whatever is available first as long as it’s a designated Fido free room.

figure since they all the onsite properties appear to be entirely sold out for our upcoming trip in September, figure the rooms will be assigned strictly within the category booked & of like it or lump it mode.

As most properties, don’t think they tend to overbook as the airlines do & that they do hold back a few for ‘breakage’. Can’t say I’ve ever read of anyone there being turned away with a bonafide reservation in hand.:thumbsup2

Went for a walk after dinner beyond the farmhouse tonight…….lovely sun before it set.

A5A83072-9108-431D-A3EE-A6A2526D6A33.jpeg

It was still so warm but there was a lovely little warm breeze which made it pleasant and not too hot. We only walked for half an hour or so, but walked dinner off a little.

Fancy watching Austin Powers tonight……..

Happy Saturday afternoon everyone :wave:
40D05E6D-33A9-4609-945E-F1BFFAD7624D.jpeg

68C95973-C6AA-486B-9851-D54B96012D25.jpeg

Have fun with little J, Robo. What fun he will have. And nice your DH had such a good time for his birthday.

Thanks Lynne.

Good evening. Nothing much going on here today. I bought my first Christmas gift today. Dh collects pins, so I bought the Haunted Mansion pin I saw on Shop Disney. I'm also working on a couple of gifts for the therapists I work for. Remember Lucy's psychiatric booth in the Peanuts comics? I'm doing that in cross stitch, but instead of "psychiatric help" I will use their business names, and instead of "The doctor is in" I will use " (name) is in". I just hope I can get them finished before Christmas.
Sounds like some fun gifts.

Is this another name for deviled eggs or something different?

Yes it is.

Had an early morning schedule for 8 am doc appointment.
simple med review of lab results and new script then sent me on my way

Hope all went well with your Doc appointment.

I’m going for the whole week lol. Took the ‘lil along with us to TX roadhouse. Rarely get ribs out, that steak combo called to me yum

Texas RoadHouse is Hubby’s fav place for steaks. We have never had a bad steak meal there.

A nice picture of you and your granddaughter enjoying your birthday meal.

I like doc visits when needles are not involved.
Yep, those are easier to get through for sure.

I'm heading home early, I have a pedicure appointment again today lol. I don't remember getting my toes done so much in one summer! Gotta have nice toes for next weekend at the fam jam!
Having happy feet is awesome. I love a good foo foo day at the salon.

was happy that when i called U today to renew the mr’s AP, they also let me do jr’s too, even if not due until end of September.

I need to get my AP renewed soon.

We went to the Skechers store and I found 2 pair of shoes that fit. Yay! I was hoping to get a pair of sandals, but they didn't have the ones I wanted. I guess I will have to order online.

Always good to have a successful shopping day.

Next was lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.

I always enjoy a meal at Cheesecake Factory when in Orlando. They have a delicious Mexican veggie soup on Thursdays.

We watched an amazing meteor shower last night.......around 20 of them before I couldn`t keep my eyes open any longer. We had a resplendent display before some cloud appeared, then disappeared, but we had gone back up to the house by that time.

Sounds like a wonderful night of Star gazing.
Made some Dauphinoise Potatoes and griddled portobello mushrooms in the end. Very nice meal, washed down with a glass of pinot noir.

Your meal sounds yummy.

As most properties, don’t think they tend to overbook as the airlines do & that they do hold back a few for ‘breakage’. Can’t say I’ve ever read of anyone there being turned away with a bonafide reservation in hand.:thumbsup2
If everything I’am reading turns out to be true this is going to be a banner year for HHN. Let’s hope no hiccups with Resorts.

It was still so warm but there was a lovely little warm breeze which made it pleasant and not too hot. We only walked for half an hour or so, but walked dinner off a little.

I have read about the heat wave in England.

Lynne glad to hear you and your daughter made it safely to Orlando and are chillin in your room. Have a great time at VB. Tell the Minions I said hi.

1470EB3E-D9C0-4EBE-A19E-F84B00336092.jpeg

We finally have a little break in our heat wave here. The humidity has gone down a little which is helping a lot. We are going to be in the low 80’s during the day with cooler evenings.

I pulled all the patio furniture and cushions out of the screened in porch today and gave it a good cleaning. Cleaned the screened in porch good. With the temps cooling down in the evening we will be able to enjoy being out there. The construction going on down at the edge of our property is keeping things dusty.

Went by and cleaned up my nieces patio. She is little J’s mommy. Having a toddler makes it little more difficult to get things done. I gave J’s playhouse a good scrubbing and washed down her patio furniture.

I received a phone call from our granddaughter M on Wednesday afternoon and she said her house shook terribly and she was afraid her home had been struck by a car. When she sent out to look the house was ok. We found out it was a terrible house explosion that was about 12 blocks from her. It leveled one house and damaged 39 more. Three people died and one person is in the hospital. They are still investigating what caused the explosion. They have shut the gas off to the area surrounding the house that exploded and for a few blocks around it.

It does give one pause for sure. It happened about 1 pm in the afternoon. Had it been later more people would have been home. It was only a few blocks from a grade school.

Security cameras on a couple businesses nearby caught the explosion on camera.

It is horrible to hear when people die that way. Lots of prayers going out to those people’s family’s and those who have been displaced from their damaged homes.

So thankful granddaughter, her hubby and their doggy’s are safe.

I have the patio furniture back in the screened in porch.

Going to make up a batch of cocktails and grill some dinner.

Wishing everyone a lovely Saturday evening.

Last edited:
That is very scary, Robo. Glad your granddaughter is fine. We had a blast that leveled 3 houses in the Cury months ago. Does happen. Sadly, losses of life too.

Quiet the storm we are having. Saw the sky turn as we were walking to VB. Said, looks like rain, got back to our room, and enjoying the rain from the inside. We have the rest of our stay to get to VB.

Hope all are enjoying this Saturday night.

Happy Saturday evening. Today has been a mostly lazy day though I did do a little house cleaning.

The one place I miss in Illinois is cheese cake factory

None are near me where I live
I don't get there very often since it is a 2 hour drive. I won't make the drive just for the restaurant. I only go when I gave other reasons to go to Richmond.

Cannot wait to do cheesecake f with GD. A haul for us but near a nice mall.
Same here. It is at a really nice mall.

girls to celebrate upcoming 21 birthday and last term before graduation.
Great reason for a trip.

Room, standard:
Not too bad of a view.

since no more luv re youfirst suite upgrade, I’m of the mind give me whatever is available first as long as it’s a designated Fido free room.

figure since they all the onsite properties appear to be entirely sold out for our upcoming trip in September, figure the rooms will be assigned strictly within the category booked & of like it or lump it mode.
I keep checking to see if any different rooms are available, but so far nothing better than what I already have. I would actually prefer a downgrade if it would get me away from the pool.

Went for a walk after dinner beyond the farmhouse tonight…….lovely sun before it set.
Beautiful picture.

I received a phone call from our granddaughter M on Wednesday afternoon and she said her house shook terribly and she was afraid her home had been struck by a car. When she sent out to look the house was ok. We found out it was a terrible house explosion that was about 12 blocks from her. It leveled one house and damaged 39 more. Three people died and one person is in the hospital. They are still investigating what caused the explosion. They have shut the gas off to the area surrounding the house that exploded and for a few blocks around it.
How awful. I'm glad your granddaughter and family are safe.

Happy Sunday afternoon everyone :wave:
View attachment 693463

View attachment 693466

Thanks Lynne.

Sounds like some fun gifts.

Yes it is.

Hope all went well with your Doc appointment.

Texas RoadHouse is Hubby’s fav place for steaks. We have never had a bad steak meal there.

A nice picture of you and your granddaughter enjoying your birthday meal.

Yep, those are easier to get through for sure.

Having happy feet is awesome. I love a good foo foo day at the salon.

I need to get my AP renewed soon.

Always good to have a successful shopping day.

I always enjoy a meal at Cheesecake Factory when in Orlando. They have a delicious Mexican veggie soup on Thursdays.

Sounds like a wonderful night of Star gazing.

Your meal sounds yummy.

If everything I’am reading turns out to be true this is going to be a banner year for HHN. Let’s hope no hiccups with Resorts.

I have read about the heat wave in England.

Lynne glad to hear you and your daughter made it safely to Orlando and are chillin in your room. Have a great time at VB. Tell the Minions I said hi.

View attachment 693461

We finally have a little break in our heat wave here. The humidity has gone down a little which is helping a lot. We are going to be in the low 80’s during the day with cooler evenings.

I pulled all the patio furniture and cushions out of the screened in porch today and gave it a good cleaning. Cleaned the screened in porch good. With the temps cooling down in the evening we will be able to enjoy being out there. The construction going on down at the edge of our property is keeping things dusty.

Went by and cleaned up my nieces patio. She is little J’s mommy. Having a toddler makes it little more difficult to get things done. I gave J’s playhouse a good scrubbing and washed down her patio furniture.

It does give one pause for sure. It happened about 1 pm in the afternoon. Had it been later more people would have been home. It was only a few blocks from a grade school.

Security cameras on a couple businesses nearby caught the explosion on camera.

It is horrible to hear when people die that way. Lots of prayers going out to those people’s family’s and those who have been displaced from their damaged homes.

So thankful granddaughter, her hubby and their doggy’s are safe.

I have the patio furniture back in the screened in porch.

Going to make up a batch of cocktails and grill some dinner.

Wishing everyone a lovely Saturday evening.

Good to see you Robbie.....

It`s so weird, there seems to be more and more explosions in homes. There was one a few days ago where a little 4 year old died in it. Turns out to be gas usually, but several in the last few months in England. Truly devastating to hear, I`m so glad your family weren`t nearer to the explosion.

Cocktails and dinner sounds good!!!

Happy Saturday evening. Today has been a mostly lazy day though I did do a little house cleaning.

I don't get there very often since it is a 2 hour drive. I won't make the drive just for the restaurant. I only go when I gave other reasons to go to Richmond.

Same here. It is at a really nice mall.

Great reason for a trip.

Not too bad of a view.

I keep checking to see if any different rooms are available, but so far nothing better than what I already have. I would actually prefer a downgrade if it would get me away from the pool.

Beautiful picture.

How awful. I'm glad your granddaughter and family are safe.

Thank you.

We`re the opposite, we`d think nothing of driving 2 hours just for a restaurant.....

Which hotel are you going to be in Charade?

Well, we still have fog this morning again......it`s very odd looking out and not being able to see anything at all except thick fog. Keeping the temps down until it burns off later, which it will.

Grilling ribs and chicken thighs tonight for dinner, made a bbq sauce last night and left them overnight, should be zingy and spicy today. Thighs are caribbean spices on them, I know they will be spicy!!

Need to get a suitcase down today from the attic for our trip tomorrow, will try and just take the one between us.....well, I can try. We`re only there till Friday, shortish trip this time.

And a day of tidying and some cleaning, ironing and maybe some garden time if the fog clears.

But, lazy Sunday ahead........

i-RMg5tx4-Th.gif

cv17-S.jpg

cv89-S.jpg

Have a lovely Sunday 🥰

Ah Sunday here, and beautiful start. Saying rain to be this afternoon, so hoping little one to be moving some time later this morning. She’s not an usual early bird, and a much later starter wherever we are. Me? Up that ever early hour. Cannot sleep late, particularly as both of us took a late afternoon nap yesterday, though I think she slept longer than me before I kinda woke her to ask if she wanted some dinner.

And so, a lazy Sunday, as it should be.

Yes, I have always enjoyed traveling, car and other transportation. Lucky we live where in a 2 or so hours’ drive, there’s much to find to eat and shop.

Oh and on our Target run, was sort of sad to see the burger place, a few stores down from that bbq place that we did try, but was not fond of, empty and thus, gone. The chicken place we did drive through, was as busy as remembered since our last trip. That, and Target was also busy. As we had a Target bag of treats and other, we joked we should have made a u turn as the light was on for fresh donuts instead of heading to our hotel. One reason we like a rental car. We eat and shop at places not that far from the hotel. And, we have been traveling to this part since the kids were little. Other than I mixing what is North and South, we know and like to explore other places to shop and eat from where we stay.

At least our room is not too far from the front, time to use their microwave to heat my bottle of water that has been poured in the mug I brought, for a nice, large cup of tea. I refuse to buy tea or use the coffee machine in the room to run water in, for my tea. Hehe, there are others awake with me. Little one does not mind if I go out earlier than her. We both have phones. She does, however, need to arise before her noonish get up time. We are moving to a different hotel, and I did not ask for late checkout. But seems to be very busy, so I’m thinking it would have been not that successful. Hence, that ever mom alarm will be sounding if I don’t hear from her before I return to checkout on our tv. And very busy it is also, as even other hotel wanted me to check in before arrival. I guess they are seeing who is arriving as can start that room choice started before the actual arrival to check in.

Have a good and relaxing Sunday all.

Which hotel are you going to be in Charade?
Right now I have a poolside room at Cabana Bay. I’m hoping to either get away from the pool or get a room at Aventura. Aventura looks like it has a larger desk space for me to work at. So far the only rooms I’ve seen come available are SF suites or Dockside suites.

Morning all, later start to a unexpectedly busy sunday. school sports camps start this week. Didn’t think today would be in the mix, going to be a real Gr (grandma) uber this week. at least gas is $4.09 at Sams club :). One DS coming to grill out some steaks, need to go forth & find some russet potatoes. Refused to pay $1 a pound at the few nearby stores This week. Hoping the place I will grab steaks is more reasonable or it’ll be frozen steak fries on the menu

Made some Dauphinoise Potatoes
Sounds frenchy fancy, now i need to goggle them.
Room, standard:
Nice view, is that CB? Thot u were at SF. our one unfortunate trip there had view of parking lot/adventura to point i was afraid to leave curtains open at night.
lovely sun before it set.
That is so peaceful looking
I need to get my AP renewed soon
Still surprised they let me sneak a 2nd renewal in more than 6 weeks prior. Did get the email for the 1st one exactly 30 days prior. Know many said that practice seemingly went by the wayside. I need that reminder.
The construction going on down at the edge of our property is keeping things dusty.
Still, yuck. over the last few years people in our quiet neighborhood have mostly done small projects but the roofers…ridiculous. We have noise rule in place no construction or grass cutting etc before 8 am. Ha, guess it doesn’t apply when the homes are owned by council members :rolleyes1
That is so thoughtful! despite all her faults, my ex MIL would stop by with both dinner & do a quick clean up of my house when I would come home from the hospital for a couple of weeks. Just as well as her son couldn’t get himself a drink of water on his own lol
We found out it was a terrible house explosion that was about 12 blocks from her
Oh my, have been monitoring on the news. The film footage is truly shocking. When i first saw the explosion clip taken from a site that showed a gas station in mid picture, thot it was a bombing in Ukraine!

saw another clip of a local news anchor who lived in the area, visibly still emotionally shook by the experience.

Sad to ‘hope’ it was due to natural gas, not nefarious influences. Never know in this climate.
It`s so weird, there seems to be more and more explosions in homes.
quite rare here TBH as to gas leaks. Will give the local companies credit for their maintenance efforts on older lines here.

Yes, Keisha, first night at CB, as always wanted to try there. Um, we think only if kinda last resort, though walking to VB and the pools were nice. Rest of week, at PB of course. Our favorite, with HR a close second. Though with a budget minding homie, I’m at RPR by far the most times.

Glorious and busy out. Waiting for little one to bring the car around. We will check in, then probably have to store bags, then have to do another Target run and probably a food stop before hoping room ready if not already. Otherwise, into parks with express soon after we get back. Ah the boat ride, as we both are looking forward to it.

Right now I have a poolside room at Cabana Bay. I’m hoping to either get away from the pool or get a room at Aventura. Aventura looks like it has a larger desk space for me to work at. So far the only rooms I’ve seen come available are SF suites or Dockside suites.

Ah I forgot, I think you were at Sapphire but changed to CBay?

Fingers crossed you get the change you want.

Morning all, later start to a unexpectedly busy sunday. school sports camps start this week. Didn’t think today would be in the mix, going to be a real Gr (grandma) uber this week. at least gas is $4.09 at Sams club :). One DS coming to grill out some steaks, need to go forth & find some russet potatoes. Refused to pay $1 a pound at the few nearby stores This week. Hoping the place I will grab steaks is more reasonable or it’ll be frozen steak fries on the menu

Sounds frenchy fancy, now i need to goggle them.

Nice view, is that CB? Thot u were at SF. our one unfortunate trip there had view of parking lot/adventura to point i was afraid to leave curtains open at night.

That is so peaceful looking

Still surprised they let me sneak a 2nd renewal in more than 6 weeks prior. Did get the email for the 1st one exactly 30 days prior. Know many said that practice seemingly went by the wayside. I need that reminder.

Still, yuck. over the last few years people in our quiet neighborhood have mostly done small projects but the roofers…ridiculous. We have noise rule in place no construction or grass cutting etc before 8 am. Ha, guess it doesn’t apply when the homes are owned by council members :rolleyes1

That is so thoughtful! despite all her faults, my ex MIL would stop by with both dinner & do a quick clean up of my house when I would come home from the hospital for a couple of weeks. Just as well as her son couldn’t get himself a drink of water on his own lol

Oh my, have been monitoring on the news. The film footage is truly shocking. When i first saw the explosion clip taken from a site that showed a gas station in mid picture, thot it was a bombing in Ukraine!

saw another clip of a local news anchor who lived in the area, visibly still emotionally shook by the experience.

Sad to ‘hope’ it was due to natural gas, not nefarious influences. Never know in this climate.

quite rare here TBH as to gas leaks. Will give the local companies credit for their maintenance efforts on older lines here.

Thanks Keisha, it is gorgeous around us......no industry or ugly pylons to blight the view, the sea is the other way and some hills around us too.

I think the issue with the explosions is due to people not getting their boilers and systems maintained. It costs too much money for low income families on top of everything else that is sky rocketing in costs. Very tragic.

Enjoy those steaks. I`m sure they`ll be gorgeous!!

Going to pop those ribs on the bbq soon......cooked them low and slow and Tom will finish them off slathered in sauce. Had a caribbean chicken thigh earlier, it was tasty and spicy!

Managed to get out in the garden earlier when the fog cleared a little, but fog is back again, very weird day weather wise.....but it`s the UK, we are the boss of weird weather!! Don`t like the weather....wait 15 minutes and it`ll change.

Going to pack tonight as we leave so early tomorrow.....

Time for a large pot of tea and some lemon bars I tried to make with the lemon curd I tried to make.......tasted good all the same!

note to self, schedule boiler inspection for this heating season. :eek:

safe travels carole

Waiting for youngest to show up for dinner & hoping the sky doesn’t open up before them As i hate grilling in the rain…local woman struck by lightening holding metal spatula, film at 11 :rolleyes1

Made it back just as rain became harder. Long walk, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do not to be stuck in a ride or store waiting out the rain. When phone flashes lightning in the area as went into MIB, got done ride, and you know that wind means rain. Move back to hotel in a brisk manner.

Chilling until the weather radar looks like those little pop up storms gone. Last night, from our other window, impressive lightning last night. Very humid though. Typical Summer weather for here.

Hope all are chilling too, and Keisha not on news for getting that if there’s someone dumb enough to do it, newsworthy happening. Eeek, to be hit grilling them burgers. Now that’s dinner making dedication. LoL

Mythos was excellent as usual. Even dessert, which we don’t usually order. Great service too. Dinner? We have no idea. Not fond of the eat places in this hotel, if the weather clears enough for boats to resume, will see what is of interest in CW.

note to self, schedule boiler inspection for this heating season. :eek:

safe travels carole

Waiting for youngest to show up for dinner & hoping the sky doesn’t open up before them As i hate grilling in the rain…local woman struck by lightening holding metal spatula, film at 11 :rolleyes1

Crikey......fingers crossed the rain stays off!!

Yep, yearly boiler/heating services cost a small fortune for what they do, but we wouldn`t be without those checks. Our Gas Service Engineer thinks it`s hilarious we`re so wary of Gas when we used to work with explosives......lol....it`s what you know isn`t it.

Thanks Janet......looking forward to getting up there tomorrow. Weather looks decent for the journey at least.

Fog is still milling around, but not as bad as it had been. Distinctly cooler on the evenings now which is lovely......very autumnal feeling.

Been watching nonsense on tv tonight......haven`t a clue what it was as I was trying to sort out some meets for our trip.......getting there with that too!!

Have a great week...... ☺️

Another lazy day today. I'm watching NASCAR, but my driver isn't doing well right now.

Um, we think only if kinda last resort, though walking to VB and the pools were nice.
Not impressed? So far I've only stayed at Royal Pacific and Sapphire Falls.

Ah I forgot, I think you were at Sapphire but changed to CBay?

Fingers crossed you get the change you want.
Yes, I switched to save some money. I hope I don't regret it.

I really want to start planning our DL trip, but noting is open yet. There is a huge difference between DL and WDW.

Charade, you will be fine. The room was bigger than we expected. And it’s colorful. We thought the QS was okay. Food could have been hotter, but it was tasty enough. Pool, lazy river was nice. Think you will be fine with a pool view, as resort is surrounded by roads, so if you are not hearing pool noise, you get road noise.

Little one took a long bath, and is beached. Guess dinner will be later. She did put our sodas in the refrigerator. And I’ve been snacking on some treats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter