• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

We are still being spoiled with this weather......stunning morning and already we can feel that heat. Our bedroom has South East and East facing windows so the sun is blistering when you open the blinds and drapes.....using the hairdryer is fun then!!

But, we`ll take it as the alternative is not as nice.

Out this morning......we did laugh, we had a refund on something we paid too much for and it`s a cheque.......don`t know when I last got a cheque....so have to go pay it in today to the bank. Didn`t want to go into town but we`ll get in early and out before it gets busy. Folks heading to the beach park in town as the beach car parks fill up so quickly in weather like this.

Dinner will be bbq again as it`s so nice, no idea for lunch yet, will see what we feel like and might see something in town.

But, tea is in the pot, regular breakfast tea today which is hard to beat in the morning.

I think the weather has to change next week, typical as my cousin arrives in Scotland Tuesday morning, shame she didn`t choose this week, but will be lovely to see her again all the same.

But...it`s the weekend.....and 3 weeks tonight is HHN opening night...💀😈👻

i-3j5Rgbr-XL.jpg

cv66-S.jpg

cv104-S.png

Happy, happy Friday :-)

Been in our news too Schumi, the much hotter weather in the UK. Yes, with electronic banking so prevalent, rarely checks are found here too. Hope your trip to the bank is not too busy today.

Weather for us, as will see a cooler day, 84 the high. No matter though, not below 70 degrees In the overnight, as 72 degrees out now. And a very noisy dog barking very loudly too now. Still overcast, so should be a cloudy sunrise too. But the rain is gone. And even nicer, that cold front is a high weather system, so sunglasses needed by lunchtime. And the clear skies should last until Sunday, and drop our Friday overnight into the 60’s. Hehe, will be wearing pants in the overnight, and will be up in the very early hours. Excitement starting.

Ended up no shore trip yesterday. Very lazy start, then did errands instead. Today? Another lazy one. Wash to be done, and will gas up the car. It’s about half full, but will give older one a full tank to take us. He’s working when we return, so my one brother will be waiting with his car for us instead. Nice to be family chauffeured.

So, if ever a fabulous Friday feeling, today is it. Big smile, a most wonderful reason to be happy it’s a Friday,. Hehe, T minus less than 24 hours. Woot!

Good Friday all. Survived the series of dr/tests well enough, woot. Decided I’m going to flop on raft in pool as a treat for a very busy week. We are forecast to barely reach mid 70 degrees most days for a week. Ugh

good weekend to all :
don`t know when I last got a cheque....so have to go pay it in today to the bank.
Thankfully, our bank has a online app where u can snap a pic of the check for mobile deposit. Saves those errands.

Having a nice breeze today and able to sit outside on the deck
Not hot and a bit of a breeze

Had an early morning schedule for 8 am doc appointment.
simple med review of lab results and new script then sent me on my way

I like doc visits when needles are not involved.

It's fun Friday!!!!

Busy week, but I'll take it. Our weather is beautiful and I'm soaking it all in. The days are perfectly warm and nights are cool enough to open windows to cool the house off. I got a couple of walks in this week as well. I did get to whip up some cinnamon buns last night (baked them off this morning after they rose all night in the fridge). I wanted to tend to the sourdough starter a bit, so it was time to bake off some buns this morning.

We are planning to hit the water with the boat this weekend. Youngest ds is working the very early morning grind, so we will wait until he gets home at 10:00 then head out for a day of fishing! Momma is excited to spend the day out the my boys. I'll pick up a few things tonight for snacks to munch on while we are on the water. I wonder if dh will pack out little portable grill to do some smokies on as well.

I'm heading home early, I have a pedicure appointment again today lol. I don't remember getting my toes done so much in one summer! Gotta have nice toes for next weekend at the fam jam!

Well, it's off to shuffle a few more papers, then head out for a little pampering!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Gotta have nice toes for next weekend at the fam jam!
I like the sound of that, going to swipe it lol. Happy toes-day!

was happy that when i called U today to renew the mr’s AP, they also let me do jr’s too, even if not due until end of September.

All set now if there is a rate increase lol

they couldn’t do mine that is up mid Oct tho.

not complaining at all as to the price, all three won’t be as much as one of our WDW APs (which i‘m happy to even be able to renew since they shut them down). however…

4ACAAC76-6307-4604-B4C9-ACF1074D6585.jpeg

Woot to pretty toes and fishing fun for Pumpkin.

Woot to Keisha getting renewals done. Will renew little one’s when we arrive. Renewed mine, upgraded it, in the Spring. She wants to upgrade too, so I guess I’ll let her., as I did.

Good Friday all. Survived the series of dr/tests well enough, woot. Decided I’m going to flop on raft in pool as a treat for a very busy week. We are forecast to barely reach mid 70 degrees most days for a week. Ugh

good weekend to all :

Thankfully, our bank has a online app where u can snap a pic of the check for mobile deposit. Saves those errands.

I must look, well Tom will look as he does all the internet banking....I don`t have a clue!!! That does sound ideal for cheques.

That pool flopping sounds good!!! You have had a busy week.

Having a nice breeze today and able to sit outside on the deck
Not hot and a bit of a breeze

Had an early morning schedule for 8 am doc appointment.
simple med review of lab results and new script then sent me on my way

I like doc visits when needles are not involved.

I agree, and I don`t mind needles....especially if someone else is getting a shot.....lol....but if you can avoid a needle, all is good.

A breeze will be most welcome where you live mac.....

It's fun Friday!!!!

Busy week, but I'll take it. Our weather is beautiful and I'm soaking it all in. The days are perfectly warm and nights are cool enough to open windows to cool the house off. I got a couple of walks in this week as well. I did get to whip up some cinnamon buns last night (baked them off this morning after they rose all night in the fridge). I wanted to tend to the sourdough starter a bit, so it was time to bake off some buns this morning.

We are planning to hit the water with the boat this weekend. Youngest ds is working the very early morning grind, so we will wait until he gets home at 10:00 then head out for a day of fishing! Momma is excited to spend the day out the my boys. I'll pick up a few things tonight for snacks to munch on while we are on the water. I wonder if dh will pack out little portable grill to do some smokies on as well.

I'm heading home early, I have a pedicure appointment again today lol. I don't remember getting my toes done so much in one summer! Gotta have nice toes for next weekend at the fam jam!

Well, it's off to shuffle a few more papers, then head out for a little pampering!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Have a lovely weekend on the boat. Cinammon buns sound good, I`ve never used a sourdough starter for a base.....but not overly fond of sourdough unless I amend it slightly......have fun.

I like the sound of that, going to swipe it lol. Happy toes-day!

was happy that when i called U today to renew the mr’s AP, they also let me do jr’s too, even if not due until end of September.

All set now if there is a rate increase lol

they couldn’t do mine that is up mid Oct tho.

not complaining at all as to the price, all three won’t be as much as one of our WDW APs (which i‘m happy to even be able to renew since they shut them down). however…

View attachment 693144

I love that meme.....I mentioned to someone today something similar.....won`t go out of my way for someone I don`t care for.....I know who my friends are and more importantly, which folks aren`t my friend. Life is so much easier when you know....and the ignore button helps too...... 😉

Glad you got a couple of the AP`s sorted today......I need to check when ours are up....think it might be March next year, I have that date in my mind....of course it could be our Global Entry!!! Brain fade moment....

Been a busy and long day.

And similar to above, very grateful for friends. They know who they are.

Enjoyed some sunshine today, some good bbq food...thanks Tom......and a lovely evening where we sat out till late. 11.30pm for us now......it`ll be bed soon, but watching Queen`s greatest hits on DVD on the big screen...when it`s done we`ll head to bed.

Tomorrow, more sunshine is forecast, so we`ll walk in the morning and get a suitcase down for our trip to Scotland next week. Looking forward to that a lot.

Think I`ll sleep like a top tonight.......

I’m mostly done, little one? Not there yet. Still a pile on top of her luggage. Eh, whatever we forget, most likely can buy there.

Huge accident on the main highway we travel on, as of now, still closed in both ways. We have another way to go, but will be a pain if not cleared by the time we go. DH took hours to get home, when takes about an hour, because of that accident. Sigh. Still very warm out, but a very clear sky. How nice is that?

Light on, I’m going to try a little nap.

Good evening. It has been a long, but productive day. B and I left home at 9:00 this morning and drove to Richmond. We went to the Skechers store and I found 2 pair of shoes that fit. Yay! I was hoping to get a pair of sandals, but they didn't have the ones I wanted. I guess I will have to order online.

Next was lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. While we were eating I overheard the 2 ladies at the table next to us. One suggested that they go to the Skechers store. The other aid no because it was on the other side of town. It was only about a 20 minute drive. I was tempted to tell her that I had driven 2 hours to go to that store.

After lunch we wandered around the mall for awhile and B bought a couple of dresses at Macys. We ended up getting home around 6:30. Tomorrow I need to stay home and clean my neglected house.

Safe flight for Lynne tomorrow.

Good evening. It has been a long, but productive day. B and I left home at 9:00 this morning and drove to Richmond. We went to the Skechers store and I found 2 pair of shoes that fit. Yay! I was hoping to get a pair of sandals, but they didn't have the ones I wanted. I guess I will have to order online.

Next was lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. While we were eating I overheard the 2 ladies at the table next to us. One suggested that they go to the Skechers store. The other aid no because it was on the other side of town. It was only about a 20 minute drive. I was tempted to tell her that I had driven 2 hours to go to that store.

After lunch we wandered around the mall for awhile and B bought a couple of dresses at Macys. We ended up getting home around 6:30. Tomorrow I need to stay home and clean my neglected house.

Safe flight for Lynne tomorrow.

lol.....that does make me laugh. We drive 2 hours for lunch and think nothing of it.

Housework is never fun!

Hey!!!!
where is my dessert from the cheesecake factory..

The one place I miss in Illinois is cheese cake factory

None are near me where I live

We love the CF too!!!

I think the last time we went to the Mall at Millenia with you, both you and Tom had linda`s Chocolate Fudge cake.....Kyle`s favourite dessert!!

We watched an amazing meteor shower last night.......around 20 of them before I couldn`t keep my eyes open any longer. We had a resplendent display before some cloud appeared, then disappeared, but we had gone back up to the house by that time.

This morning, bacon of course and some eggs benedict for Tom as we have another farm delivery of a gazillion eggs! Told them we wouldn`t be able to use them, but they still send them, we can take them up with us and share to family who eat eggs.

Dinner tonight is steak cooked on the bbq from a lovely butcher we wandered to yesterday. Made us feel guilty as soon as we wandered in to their farm store, he immediately said he wondered why we hadn`t been in for the longest time. oops.

Looking forward to enjoying those tonight with some griddled veg and salad.

Another day in the garden for us today......chilling out and reading a book some internet in there too at some point.

Almost breakfast time, we had a lovely late sleep due to watching the meteors, so ready for some food now.

i-m7XhZBn-M.jpg

cv45-S.png

cv93-S.jpg

Happy Saturday 🥰

Bacon? Will be a very full flight. Sitting waiting for everyone to sit down. Thanks for all travel wishes, hope I have a very quick flight, and get my bags very quickly.

Yay to Charade for great shopping buys.

Turning out to be a leisurely Saturday morning here. Do love lingering over a cuppa whatever

amateurs lol. Cannot wait to do cheesecake f with GD. A haul for us but near a nice mall. Combo Annual back to school dud run & early BD lunch
The one place I miss in Illinois is cheese cake factory
There’s at least 2 in mco tourist area. The one near Vineland outlets is stand alone sort. Always looks packed, haven’t tried it yet
We drive 2 hours for lunch and think nothing of it.
Living in the boonies on fringe of city traffic, often encounter longer than expected travel time. Was ‘scolded’ earlier this week when we were 15 min late for our a call ahead request :bitelip:
We watched an amazing meteor shower last night......
Cool. Never seem to catch them, either forget, fall asleep or it gets too cloudy
some eggs benedict
Yummo haven’t had in ages. I’m not fond of making the sauce from scratch, my track record isn’t the best there lol
Bacon? Will be a very full flight. Sitting waiting for everyone to sit down. Thanks for all travel wishes, hope I have a very quick flight, and get my bags very quickly.

Yay to Charade for great shopping buys.
Have a great trip! Is this with both kiddos or a gals only one?

Turning out to be a leisurely Saturday morning here. Do love lingering over a cuppa whatever

amateurs lol. Cannot wait to do cheesecake f with GD. A haul for us but near a nice mall. Combo Annual back to school dud run & early BD lunch

There’s at least 2 in mco tourist area. The one near Vineland outlets is stand alone sort. Always looks packed, haven’t tried it yet

Living in the boonies on fringe of city traffic, often encounter longer than expected travel time. Was ‘scolded’ earlier this week when we were 15 min late for our a call ahead request :bitelip:

Cool. Never seem to catch them, either forget, fall asleep or it gets too cloudy

Yummo haven’t had in ages. I’m not fond of making the sauce from scratch, my track record isn’t the best there lol

Have a great trip! Is this with both kiddos or a gals only one?

You were scolded......oh dear!! They aren`t too bad here apparently. We just like to drive somewhere different and find somewhere different.....haven`t done that for a while though.

It was impressive, I think they still might be seen tonight, but not for me.....one late night is enough for me!!

I`m decent making the sauce, but eggs can be overdone at times, he likes them barely cooked so they are incredibly runny, did ok this morning!! I got a 10/10.....he`s so kind.

Funny old day here.......started off lovely, then the fog rolled in from the sea and hung around for several hours....finally cleared and it is beautiful again, warm and sunny with a slight breeze....so washing out on the line and it`ll dry in no time at all.

Back outside now. That fog is creepy the way it rolls in slowly and deliberately. I think we may get this back and forward next few days.

Time for a Saturday treat........red or white........🍷

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter