Something About Nothing............ #14

Slow day at work again. I have everything caught up as much as I can for month end - which will happen when I get back on Monday. But with me leaving early tomorrow, I just want to be that one step ahead. With it being slower, I can be that one step ahead...if that makes sense :scratchin

I love those places! There is one place dh and I love to go for lunch like that where it is a small intimate space with delicious food. We like to go for lunch there every now and then.

It sounds like you got a good group of ladies for you book club! Those clubs definitely need to have a good vibe. Sometimes it's the best when those " bad apples" leave :rolleyes1 I'm always too polite to speak up.

Well, it's almost home time, I thought I would pop in before heading home.

Getting ahead is always a good feeling......

Yes, we had one person join before the pandemic, but she didn`t last......she was the one upper I may have mentioned.....always tried to compete......we had a chat and she left. It`s a lovely group, but 4 of them are very close friends, the others I would class as friends, they are all lovely though. Yes, we all have to gel for it to work.

Restaurants like that are priceless, I think they`ll make it work as they seem to have everything in place and are very friendly. Good food of course helps too!

it’s not even midnight and peeps are dropping like flys here…

Mr Mac has covid and is miserable
I am babysitting him tonight as he feels like dodo

He whines a lot but I ignore him when possible
I would never make it in the medical field if all patients were like him

I am doing grocery shopping in the morning and he has no idea what he can eat
So far I gave him wheat bread, a jar of peanut butter and raspberry jam and let him put it together.

I am the worse babysitter ever….

but since he is miserable I am being the good wife and sitting up with him watching whatever sports team is on the tv.

So far we have been watching sports on tv and then he takes the remote and channel surfs

When a commercial is on, he keeps flipping channels

obviously this is not the way i enjoy baby sitting time

The man goes to bed early each night after the news is over
ten o’clock is the longest he stays up nightly
and then it is me time to read the boards and chit chat with my invisible friends on the dis

i do love this man but will be glad when he recovers and i get my ME time back

I never knew he could whine so much… lol

Now I know how it is to be around a chatty cathy

I do love him but i have my limits of how much whining I can handle

Do I hear an amen?

i say all of this in jest and hope his recovery is
of forth coming

He is miserable and it is difficult for him
He is having a tough time with being ill and am
concerned about his health and well being.

cv31-Th.jpg

😊

Hope Mr mac feels better today, it is miserable being so poorly.....but, it`s not fun being a nurse when they feel so bad! Yes, the whining isn`t fun......lol.....I told you how lucky I am that Tom just goes quiet when he`s poorly........apart from looking for tea and water I`d never know he was there!

He`ll be so glad you`re there for him though.

Gorgeous day for us this morning, so headed down to the beach around 6.45 for a walk.....managed a cup of tea first and a breakfast muffin. Walked 7 miles and it was beautiful and hot, tootsies are complaining a little, but carried on. It was lovely.

Tried to take a picture of a seal resting on a rock, but the sun was in my eyes and I thought the rock in the middle of the picture was the seal.....top right hand corner is the actual seal!! It was so close to us, but we couldn`t go down on the sand as it was full of seaweed this morning. It`s not clear, but it is a seal.

cv30-L.jpg

Sun is disappearing though now and mist rolling in, supposed to rain this afternoon but we both have dentist appointments so doesn`t matter what the weather is.

Getting fish and chips from the chippy tonight for dinner......no cooking.

And Thirsty Thursday is here again........doubt I`ll be taking part.....no alcohol for us tonight, lots of tea though 🫖

i-dD8n34h-S.gif

cv28-S.jpg

cv29-Th.jpg

::yes::

Yup.......Happy Thursday :)

It's a thirsty Thursday stop in!!!

I only have a half hour before it's time to head home. Work is all wrapped up now. Only have the paperwork that is left for month end on Monday.

Looking forward to hitting the road. I'm all packed up. I baked off some cinnamon buns this morning, some nanner bread is ready to go as well.

Enjoyed a quiet evening putzing in the kitchen. The hello fresh meal last night was a disaster. It ended up in the trash and everyone ate sandwiches and attacked the banana bread loaves once they were cool enough to eat. Sigh, oh well, it was a good thing I had free codes for most of the box, so I didn't pay much for the box of food.

He whines a lot but I ignore him when possible
I would never make it in the medical field if all patients were like him
Yikes....I hope Mr. Mac recovers quickly. I know I felt like a great big terd for a few days.
I totally relate to the whining. My Mr is a whiner too when he is sick. I always say that a pillow over the face will muffle the whining :rolleyes1 :rotfl:It's a known family joke that dh is not a good patient. He makes sure everyone knows he is sick lol.
Tried to take a picture of a seal resting on a rock, but the sun was in my eyes and I thought the rock in the middle of the picture was the seal.....top right hand corner is the actual seal!! It was so close to us, but we couldn`t go down on the sand as it was full of seaweed this morning. It`s not clear, but it is a seal.
Very cool picture!

Well, I should double check to make sure there are no more papers to shuffle.

Have a great day everyone!

Well, I decided....I like the new dentist. And he`s an Orlando fan too. Simple check up and no issues.

Rain never came to anything, so we dropped into a garden centre just to wander around, they have lovely gifts, kitchen gadgets/food/gifts, garden furniture, BBQ items and we managed to pick up a few things we fancied. No plants as we wouldn`t know a plant from a weed.

Enjoyed fish and chips from the chippy......lush!! Cod was the size of a whale, I think we could have shared one between us and the chips would have fed a family of four easily, not just for two of us.

Pot of darjeeling tea with our addition of some rosemary is infusing in the kitchen right now, will have a toasted butterscotch scone each to go with it.....really don`t have the room for them, but they are gorgeous!

Then might pop the tv on for a while.....

Hey Pumpkin, just saw you pop in there..........have a great weekend!!!

Charade.....hope you`re doing ok and not working too hard, and hope your mum is doing well too.

Janet says damnit. Sorry to
Hear Mac. Keep away toss him food

I may not leave here Saturday no matter how loudly Donald Duck is calling

Attachments

• 5069550C-8084-4D13-B973-CF1FA1D61ACB.jpeg
    5069550C-8084-4D13-B973-CF1FA1D61ACB.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 12
  • C0D385B3-42C4-442A-8F6E-2095277E1D62.jpeg
    C0D385B3-42C4-442A-8F6E-2095277E1D62.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 12

Janet says damnit. Sorry to
Hear Mac. Keep away toss him food

I may not leave here Saturday no matter how loudly Donald Duck is calling

Wow!!!

Looks beautiful.....you chose well for your stay down there......you all look so darn good in that sunshine ::yes:: and GD grows prettier ever time we see her.......

Glad to see your pictures, looks like a swell time!!

Hi Everyone. I'm back! The sub term officially ends tomorrow, but I finished up everything last night. Now I only have 2 classes to worry about for the next 6 weeks. This sub term I am taking digital imaging (photo shop) and part 2 of anatomy & physiology.

Mom is doing well, but not happy about being at the rehab center. I tried calling a little while ago, but there was no answer. I sent her some flowers to try to brighten up her room. Lots of her favorite color - yellow.

I have decided to give myself a little break and take today off from school. i'll spend most of the day tomorrow working on my next photoshop project.

Mac - So sorry to hear that Mr. Mac has Covid. Prayers for quick recovery and that he doesn't drive you crazy.

Pumpkin, the booster kinda knocked me out, couldn’t keep my eyes open last night. Are still sore. DH calling me a baby :rolleyes: Glad your headache is better! Banana bread sounds great. I like it with chips too :-)

Lynne a bit early for July 4 fireworks! I wonder if our town is going to have fireworks over the inlet tomorrow for Canada Day! We have the past few years but haven’t heard anything for this year yet. I like it as we look out onto the inlet so get a great view.

Mac I’m sorry to hear Mr Mac is having a miserable time with Covid. Like the man cold , they always whine more! My husband channel surfs on commercials too, so annoying. Esp if it’s something you’re watching and end up missing 5 min when show resumes :sad2: For your sanity I hope he’s better soon!

Schumi nice pic of the seal! Looks pretty well fed! Lots of seaweed came in! One time on a S. Florida trip to see my mom there was so much seaweed in the water the re were no fish! The beach we stay at is near a pier and it was the only time I didn’t see do much as one fisherman and no pelicans either. There was a storm offshore. Finally after a few days it cleared up. Good thing hotel has a pool!

Keisha beautiful beach! Which one is it? I’m a tad behind the news!

Charade sounds like you’re nailing it! It’s not easy going back to school! Good job. Sorry your mom is complaining, but she’s where she needs to be. As you know!
Everyone needs a mental health day! Hope you enjoyed yours!

buckeev :wave2:

Today was beautiful here, sunny and perfect temp. And a little breeze. Supposed to be nice all weekend so great news for all those going away to enjoy the long weekend. My youngest has gone off on a little kayaking/camping trip with a good friend. They store their kayaks at our house. Friend is in town for the week. She’s taking her masters degree in Pumpkins part of the woods! But comes back down for holidays and such as often as possible. Her fiancé lives here!
It was another friends birthday we celebrated today, 6 o us had lunch at the golf club. I had the Cobb Salad. It was good, but nobody has been able to too The Hollywood Brown Derby Cobb Salad at Disney!
Tomorrow cleaning house we’re having 2 couples over for a dinner BBQ Saturday. And won’t have time Saturday to do it as I’m going paddling in the morning up the inlet. Being a nice day and holiday everyone and their dog will be out in their motor boats. Then another friend’s birthday so going for lunch. Going to have to do everything tomorrow to get ready for dinner. Glad it’s finally nice enough to enjoy eating on the patio!

Hi Everyone. I'm back! The sub term officially ends tomorrow, but I finished up everything last night. Now I only have 2 classes to worry about for the next 6 weeks. This sub term I am taking digital imaging (photo shop) and part 2 of anatomy & physiology.

Mom is doing well, but not happy about being at the rehab center. I tried calling a little while ago, but there was no answer. I sent her some flowers to try to brighten up her room. Lots of her favorite color - yellow.

I have decided to give myself a little break and take today off from school. i'll spend most of the day tomorrow working on my next photoshop project.

Mac - So sorry to hear that Mr. Mac has Covid. Prayers for quick recovery and that he doesn't drive you crazy.

Hope your relaxation time was good for you! Taking time for you is ideal. Glad to hear mum is doing well, it`ll be a testing time for her I`m sure, but she`ll improve better I` sure in the rehab place.

YIKES MAC! 🙏🙏🙏 Prayers for a speedy recovery for the old man. Yeah, Dudes are babies when sick or hurt….we‘re DEFINITELY the whinier sex! 🤭😳😎

lol.....absolutley!! Good to see you buckeev........

cv3012-S.jpg

Yep, highlights, cut, style and blow dry this morning. Going to try something new today, if I don`t like it.....will revert back end of August appointment.

So, three and a half hours in the pampering chair this morning, always enjoy some salon time as well as an Indian Head massage at the same time......very relaxing!

Then lunch out with my lovely husband in one of our village pubs when I come out of the salon with the new coiffure, I think we have two friends coming along too, I think anyway, should be nice. Then not much going on.

Early breakfast, croissants and preserves with copious amounts of tea first though......

i-vwxrrD7-S.jpg

cv34-S.jpg

cv37-S.png

Have a wonderful Friday 🍹

Yay, Friday it is. Hehe, was up doing some wash in the wee hour, like around 5 this morning. And thought hmm, I smell foid being cooked, as the way to where our washer/ dryer are, is down a half flight of stairs, you get to by going through the kitchen. Come up, and there is little one making soup. Said, oh a tad early for breakfast, no? Um, yeah, was the response. I said more like a delayed midnight snack, yes? I guess, she said, all us online decided to end now. Sigh. To be young and have those all nighters fun. I was in bed by my usual earlier bed time. If DH was restless last night, I have no idea. I slept so soundly, next thing you know, it’s 4 am. How nice is that?

And yay, not only a lazy Friday, but a new month, you know, so:
E34C50A9-F3E4-4320-8CD2-BE9CFE8C2E4F.jpeg

But as our weather lady said this morning, before we go back into the low 80’ s, we get a corker of a day today. You know, hazy, hot and humid, 95 degrees this afternoon, as the high, with place your bets, loser, haha, rain winner of that random thunderstorms to be around tonight. Yep, this is like our usual time of year, you know,
B2C0AD07-7BF9-44F9-AAC7-6518A5B50C0E.jpeg
Hehe.

Woot, for Schumi enjoying that salon morning, with a pub lunch, after looking with stylish hairdo. Hope the new thing you tried, came out well.

Charade, good to take a break sometimes. You have a lot on your plate. Yeah, when my mom had to go through rehab, she was not a happy camper either. Hope your mom does well enough, to leave rehab soon.

Buckeev, yay, good to see ya post.

She, ack, to cleaning house, but yay, for great weather weekend, and a bbq with friends sounds like a perfect Friday to me today. Hope you are feeling better after that booster. Most I got was a sore feeling arm. Enough, the one time, I took pain medicine. But good to be protected from the virus.

Pumpkin, hope no more headache, and yay, for banana bread. I am not fond of bananas, but do like the bread made from them, including ones that have nuts in them.

Ah, if ever a day to enjoy my tea leisurely, and those lightweight shorts and shirt. And, my flip flops. A woot for me. Perfect way to spend my Friday.

Good Friday morning all. May you have a most fabulous Friday, and a most wonderful Weekend.

Happy Canada Day 🇨🇦 !

and it’s a nice sunny day! We’re having our BBQ tomorrow! Everyone travelling today so roads are a mess! Good day to stay home.

Schumi enjoy your salon day! What changes did you have in mind? My last cut he put more layers in. Subtle.

Lynne stay cool today! 95 + humidity 🥵 thankful we don’t get much humidity on the west coast. Always nice to get in a good night sleep. Happens way to infrequently for me.

And yay it’s July! The trip count down is on! We leave July 29 for Seattle where we’ll overnight for flight on 30th! I did manage to switch my Portofino stay to Royal Pacific, hoping for a T3 park view!
I love Portofino and my Feb trip I’ll stay there! But this trip RP just works better!
Starting to get excited! Let the count down begin!

Quick good morning. I have to get started on school work again. Last night the school website was down for several hours for maintenance. People were going insane because they had work that needed to be submitted and today is the last day of the sub term. I am so glad I got everything finished and submitted Wednesday night.

Happy Canada day to Sue and Pumpkin. Any other Canadians in this group I may have missed?

Happy Canada Day 🇨🇦 !

and it’s a nice sunny day! We’re having our BBQ tomorrow! Everyone travelling today so roads are a mess! Good day to stay home.

Schumi enjoy your salon day! What changes did you have in mind? My last cut he put more layers in. Subtle.

Lynne stay cool today! 95 + humidity 🥵 thankful we don’t get much humidity on the west coast. Always nice to get in a good night sleep. Happens way to infrequently for me.

And yay it’s July! The trip count down is on! We leave July 29 for Seattle where we’ll overnight for flight on 30th! I did manage to switch my Portofino stay to Royal Pacific, hoping for a T3 park view!
I love Portofino and my Feb trip I’ll stay there! But this trip RP just works better!
Starting to get excited! Let the count down begin!

Have a great day Sue........sounds like a lot of fun! My Canadian cousins, well some of them are over in Scotland visiting right now, and some of my family have planned some special Canadian touches for them. Thank goodness for Google.

I went a little less blonde this time.......I think there comes a time being too blonde can be harsh......so there are a few more caramel tones through it which I do like, Tom loves it too. I sent a picture to mac and other friends, they all thought it suited me too. I like my layer in my hair too. Must remember to send it to Janet.......salon time was lovely though.....Indian head massage and hand massages too.....I like being in there for several hours, I know some folks go get their hair done and out in 45 minutes....nah!

Have fun.....

And then lunch was lovely.....two friends did join us which was nice, the local pub we went to is always so busy, so we got in as soon as my hair was done, little early but it was midday by time we ordered, so not too early then. Lots of chatter, good food and laughter even though it started raining and the heavens opened while we were in. Glad I got in before it started with the new do...... ::yes::

Having a well deserved pot of tea as I solved a problem one of my other friends was having over the last few days......if only she`d asked me first.......:rolleyes1

Janet....hope you`re still having the best time.....we do love pictures........::yes::

Happy Canada Day 🇨🇦

Its a beautiful sunny morning here. The trip down was I eventful with me being the dj and playing what I wanted. I love it when I'm dj. The boys were rolling their eyes when the 80's metal started playing.
Just thought I would pop in before I went to go get ready for the day.

I hope everyone has a great day! Heading out to partake in some activities before the rain hits.

Happy Canada Day 🇨🇦

Its a beautiful sunny morning here. The trip down was I eventful with me being the dj and playing what I wanted. I love it when I'm dj. The boys were rolling their eyes when the 80's metal started playing.

I hope everyone has a great day! Heading out to partake in some activities before the rain hits.

lol....sounds like our car......80`s all the way!!!

Have a blast.......

Schumi glad you are enjoying the new highlights. A fresh new colour can really be a pick me up! I’m light blonde cool tones. It works well with my colouring. And I like it because my roots don’t show, I can have 1-2 inch roots and nobody notices lol.
I was a natural platinum blonde in my youth until puberty darkened me to medium blonde!

Happy Canada Day 🇨🇦

Enjoy!

Schumi glad you are enjoying the new highlights. A fresh new colour can really be a pick me up! I’m light blonde cool tones. It works well with my colouring. And I like it because my roots don’t show, I can have 1-2 inch roots and nobody notices lol.
I was a natural platinum blonde in my youth until puberty darkened me to medium blonde!

Thanks Sue.....I was the same till I was about 10, only my hair was practically white, Kyle used to be the same. But, my hair turned to an auburn brown. Then magically turned blonde again around the age of 18.......😉 :rolleyes1

Well, had a lovely evening last night with wine and a movie....a couple of friends came round too which was lovely. This morning up early and out and headed again to one of the parks inland and did our walk there this morning......sunny but a little breezy but glad we did it as weather looks to be changing now.

British Grand Prix qualifying today, race tomorrow.....our least favourite race in the calendar......too much about the driver we don`t like. But, we`ll watch it anyway and mute the biased commentators!

Not much else going on, nice quiet and lazy weekend ahead.....getting Thai take out tonight........they do some amazing dishes and some lovely seafood too, so will get a few dishes to try even though it`s just the two of us unless some friends pop over again.

Bacon for lunch......mac, you`ll smell the sizzling.........🥓🥓

i-FLqV85f-S.gif

cv32-S.jpg

cv8-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday and weekend........... 🥂

Yay, a Saturday is here. And not below 70 last night. Warm we are. Already 80 degrees out. And a cold front is arriving later today, so thunderstorms watch, with flooding warnings, as heavy downpours, damaging wind, and hail are all what could happen by around and just before sundown.

Day of rest for all. Older one is off today, so asked what agenda. He’s my breakfast fan, so asked if he wanted to go out to breakfast with me. He didn’t really give me an answer, but I do see him asking to go wherever.

For me, have a little grocery shopping to do, so will be going out shortly. First, still the coolest of the day, and second, hopefully not crowded.

I have always been blonde. As a kid, my hair was always true blonde, and once I was in my 30’s, I started coloring my hair. I can’t be brassy or too white, and finally found the closest to my color as a kid, at the salon I go to, and now it covers white hair. I seem to be going a true white, like my mom, and not a gray haired old lady. But for now, I will stay blonde for many more years.

Tea, and some powdered donuts. Saw them at the bakery, and well, sweet? Sure. But will make some eggs when older one gets up, or see what he is in the mood for.

Super happy Saturday, and hope all our Canadian homies had a great Canada Day, yesterday. 🇨🇦

Our mac has managed to contract covid last day or so.......mr mac is also poorly, so sending them some good wishes for a quick recovery for both of them........:hug:

i-Z8KnnN6-Th.gif

i-sLZXctN-Th.gif

1656776158631.png

Got lots of compliments on how natural looking my hair was this afternoon from friends who popped in for a cuppa, so I`m quite happy with that, especially from him as he`s not one for sharing compliments.......

I do really like this shade, and for ME.......I`m too old to be quite as blonde as it was going with the sun......I like it much better on ME. One of my friends is too pale to be so white, but, her hair...who gives a rats patootie what anyone else does with their hair......😉

But, passed a nice afternoon.....found out I won a prize in a charity event we bought tickets for back in April.....should find out tonight what I won!!! Exciting......unless it`s the Mountain Bike........not for me!!! Hope it`s something nice.......we all forget what the other prizes were.

We`ve been looking at the menu from the Thai restaurant......got some lovely dishes to order later, friends couldn`t stay or we`d have chosen more dishes to try.

Sunny but very breezy outside today.......the sea looks so rough, but didn`t think it was that bad as we sat out for an hour.

Hope Janet and Co made it safely to Orlando today..........:wave2:

And hope my mate @angryduck71 is having a wonderful time in London.......enjoy Wimbledon too Alice........🎾

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter