Something About Nothing............ #14

Hey all! Busy day here, recycling event to rid ourselves of some junk, then having two of my DS over for pumpkins carving & dinner :)

What is the Landry's card?
Landry’s owns several different restaurant chains.

They have a reward program with free sign up

https://www.landrysselect.com/club-features/
Like most of it’s ilk you can earn points from dining. We decline that option & instead use our AP or DVC discount for 10% off bill. You cannot combine both of them on one visit.

Best feature re WDW is you don’t need to make a reservation. At Yak & Yeti, that is priceless as the ADRs are difficult and people are always lined up out the door.

Have never waited longer than 10 minutes, prime time, for a table there using the card.

Not a fan of rainforest/Trex & bubba gump sort of places in general, but the card does work. Never tried it at the Palms in HRH though.

You do need to time your signup for best advantage though. They will send you both a one-time $25 dining discount you can use (believe it’s only good for a month tho).

Also, on your BD, you will receive another annual $25 discount. Note you cannot utilize both of them on the same visit.

PS value, food, theming & service among the best onsite at WDW. Their Korean fried chicken is ‘da bomb :) along with the lomein which is big enough to share

We were lucky to avoid the rain today - though wet and slippy around the rockery and woodlands it was a good walk and we took the longer route. Cafe was open but limited so I popped into the little M&S out of town Food Hall on the way home for cream cakes and we’ve just had them. Children had hot chocolate and tea for us.
63038E67-1A7F-4079-9F33-C0AD18CB4D8D.jpegF55581AF-3113-4F7A-BD7B-32B3CE85A591.jpeg

Pictures coming sideways again - hold on to your hats!
85A71AB6-B7C4-408B-B1C4-760DB62B846A.jpeg
Somehow we counted 40 pumpkins 🎃 but at the end we were told 38 - must have double counted somewhere!

Attachments

• C7BD8C0B-8566-493F-8B1D-99024AA412EF.jpeg
    C7BD8C0B-8566-493F-8B1D-99024AA412EF.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 5
  • D25503C8-FDF0-46F8-B5C0-E8237E32CFA6.jpeg
    D25503C8-FDF0-46F8-B5C0-E8237E32CFA6.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 4
Yay! Keisha having all for dinner! LoL Good to rid stuff not needed.

Yay, wonderful pictures from Julie. Nice to share with us. Looks so green and fun to count those pumpkins.

Neither kid is up, so mom annoyance will be commencing shortly. Brunch it might be.

Good morning, I am still waiting for the police to come and arrest me. :P
Will probably have a mostly lazy day today. I am waiting for dh to get back from the gym. We want to try a new bbq place that has opened nearby, then we will watch some college football. His university's team is undefeated right now.

So many scammers and awful things around - seems like more since Covid. An elderly lady was robbed in broad daylight in Alderley Edge (next village from us) yesterday having taken cash out from a machine she was in a shop browsing and hadn’t fastened her bag and a man just dipped in and took her purse. Must have been watching her. All on cctv just disgusting.
That is horrible. I hope they catch him before he is able to do this to others.

Oh my goodness.......do people actually still fall for that today!!!! Surely everyone and their granny know it`s a scam.........I`m sure you`re safe enough Charade........lol.......
Sadly, they do. This is the first time I have gotten this call. I usually get calls about my car warranty expiring.

Club Features
Like most of it’s ilk you can earn points from dining. We decline that option & instead use our AP or DVC discount for 10% off bill. You cannot combine both of them on one visit.

Best feature re WDW is you don’t need to make a reservation. At Yak & Yeti, that is priceless as the ADRs are difficult and people are always lined up out the door.

Have never waited longer than 10 minutes, prime time, for a table there using the card.

Not a fan of rainforest/Trex & bubba gump sort of places in general, but the card does work. Never tried it at the Palms in HRH though.

I did a quick look at their website. If I read it correctly I pay $25 to sign up, then receive that amount credited to my card. I can then apply that amount to my meal? I looked at their locations. I would probably only use it for Yak & Yeti. Maybe Rainforest Cafe. B loves that restaurant. Unfortunately their only locations "close" to where I live are 2 hours away. I guess I will wait and see how difficult it is to get a reservation and then go from there.

Real - Beautiful pictures.

Hey all! Busy day here, recycling event to rid ourselves of some junk, then having two of my DS over for pumpkins carving & dinner :)

https://www.landrysselect.com/club-features/

You do need to time your signup for best advantage though. They will send you both a one-time $25 dining discount you can use (believe it’s only good for a month tho).

Also, on your BD, you will receive another annual $25 discount. Note you cannot utilize both of them on the same visit.

PS value, food, theming & service among the best onsite at WDW. Their Korean fried chicken is ‘da bomb :) along with the lomein which is big enough to share

Sounds like a load of fun with the pumpkins Janet......sounds like a lovely day with your boys.

Yes, never saw the attraction of Bubba Gump....we tried it twice, not what we would class as a seafood restaurant. Nice cocktails though......Korean Fried Chicken sounds good!

Charade.......not sure where your quote went.......lazy day sounds good and a bbq restaurant sounds even better!

Indian food was good......my curry lacked a little oomph, but still decent.......

I will have two slow cookers going overnight.........one will have a pork shoulder that has been marinading all day in some lovely ingredients, sweet, smoky and spicy, and will portion and freeze it tomorrow. Other one has diced beef that has soaked in ale all day, we’ll have good old fashioned steak pie for dinner tomorrow night. Puff pastry topping and rich gravy.......

Had a lovely day today. Kyle got a package delivered and soon after it arrived he said he had a gift for me.

I burst into tears when I saw it. When we moved into this home a few years ago, we lost a few books due to water damage in the removal truck.....long story.......and one of the books that was destroyed was one I loved a lot.

Love you forever by Robert Munsch. It is the most beautiful and poignant children’s stories I’ve ever read. Friends referenced it in one episode when Joey‘s present to Emma was a dramatic reading and it was from this book.

An amazingly thoughtful gift, we only spoke of it a few weeks ago and after that he went online and got me one :hug:

Having a break between Insidious 1 and Insidious 2 coming up......spooky dooky movies!!

Extra hour for us tonight..........

Hope all are having a lovely Saturday night........

Trying to get caught up!

Looks like everyone is busy with something.

Sounds like a decent snowstorm coming through our area tomorrow afternoon into Monday.........

Wife did a slow cooker roast today and it was a pleasant surprise to smell when I came in!

We do the potatoes and carrots and all in the slow cooker, love it.

Sounds like a load of fun with the pumpkins Janet......sounds like a lovely day with your boys.

Yes, never saw the attraction of Bubba Gump....we tried it twice, not what we would class as a seafood restaurant. Nice cocktails though......Korean Fried Chicken sounds good!

Charade.......not sure where your quote went.......lazy day sounds good and a bbq restaurant sounds even better!

Indian food was good......my curry lacked a little oomph, but still decent.......

I will have two slow cookers going overnight.........one will have a pork shoulder that has been marinading all day in some lovely ingredients, sweet, smoky and spicy, and will portion and freeze it tomorrow. Other one has diced beef that has soaked in ale all day, we’ll have good old fashioned steak pie for dinner tomorrow night. Puff pastry topping and rich gravy.......

Had a lovely day today. Kyle got a package delivered and soon after it arrived he said he had a gift for me.

I burst into tears when I saw it. When we moved into this home a few years ago, we lost a few books due to water damage in the removal truck.....long story.......and one of the books that was destroyed was one I loved a lot.

Love you forever by Robert Munsch. It is the most beautiful and poignant children’s stories I’ve ever read. Friends referenced it in one episode when Joey‘s present to Emma was a dramatic reading and it was from this book.

An amazingly thoughtful gift, we only spoke of it a few weeks ago and after that he went online and got me one :hug:

Having a break between Insidious 1 and Insidious 2 coming up......spooky dooky movies!!

Extra hour for us tonight..........

Hope all are having a lovely Saturday night........

That was really nice of Kyle!

I forgot to mention, youngest and I have decided on Beach Club or POFQ for our week in Disney together, neither of which are currently taking reservations.....

I also decided that it is worth becoming a Disney AP holder, so once those are available for purchase I plan to do so!

Simply based on the fact of going more than once a year and staying on site always.

:hourglass

:wave:

Sounds like a decent snowstorm coming through our area tomorrow afternoon into Monday.........

snow storm????

move south
Not much more than a spitting of snow in my area which was over 3.5 years ago

When it happened, schools canceled the day prior and only a 5 minute fall of snow flakes the next morning.

many cleared the local grocery stores of bread and eggs the night prior.

Ack, another homie saying that bad 4 letter word. LoL Saying snow, DisneyLife? Just a cool and soon rainy days for us. Did have some lovely weather last couple of days. Shorts worn today, but warmer pants for tomorrow.

Quiet evening, fine with me. Picked up some filets from Costco today. Excellent dinner with them cooked on the grill. Steamed some frozen vegetables on the grill too, so full from dinner, still.

Have a most peaceful and sound sleeping night. And no time change for us, until next weekend.

I enjoyed my lazy day today. Dh has been watching college football almost all day. Our team won again. :cheer2:
Dinner was a nice, simple meal of hot dogs and corn on the cob on the grill. I don't usually like corn, but will eat it if it is still on the cob and it has been grilled.

An amazingly thoughtful gift, we only spoke of it a few weeks ago and after that he went online and got me one
Aww..how sweet of him. Now the book is even more special.

Yikes! I don't want to hear that word yet. Today we had unseasonable temps around 80. Tomorrow is supposed to be mid 50s and rainy. Yuck.

Feeling very sleepy. Good night all.

It’s almost 4:00 and I’m awake. The cat is being obnoxious. The rain has already started. Going to be a cold, dreary day.

I enjoyed my lazy day today. Dh has been watching college football almost all day. Our team won again. :cheer2:
Dinner was a nice, simple meal of hot dogs and corn on the cob on the grill. I don't usually like corn, but will eat it if it is still on the cob and it has been grilled.

Aww..how sweet of him. Now the book is even more special.

Yikes! I don't want to hear that word yet. Today we had unseasonable temps around 80. Tomorrow is supposed to be mid 50s and rainy. Yuck.

Feeling very sleepy. Good night all.

I haven`t eaten corn on the cob since I got crowns in......although now I can`t eat corn anyway......

Yes, that book will be treasured. It is the most beautiful book, and incredibly thoughtful of him, I really was thrilled.

It’s 1:28 and homies are dropping like flies

When is the night crew checking in ?

Our night crew some years back, 2018 would just be starting to post now
Bluer, Kevin, TinyD, Tink were some of the night owls

I remember the night crew too......if I was awake there was always someone I would want to chat to.......gosh that was ages ago now!

Hey Tink......:wave2:

It’s almost 4:00 and I’m awake. The cat is being obnoxious. The rain has already started. Going to be a cold, dreary day.

Hope your weather picks up later and you get back to sleep......it`s awful not sleeping.

Well, that extra hour sleep is fabulous. We slept amazingly well last night and woke up this morning to a gorgeous day. Sun is shining but it`s not to be overly warm today.

Came downstairs to a gorgeous smell of the beef and the pulled pork joint having simmered away all night.......beautiful. Will have the beef tonight and think we`ll have the pork Monday and freeze the rest. Ever been tempted to have a wedge of pulled pork for breakfast??? Yep......almost.......:rotfl:

Sunday is bedding day......might even get it all out on the line to dry.

Then catch up with some friends on the phone.....this is the day that always feels so long. We were up so early.........but it`s nice. I do like this extra hour.

Still to decide which scary movie to watch tonight.........Insidious was creepier than I remembered!

Bacon up.........:thumbsup2

cv96-L.jpg

cv98-M.jpg

cv41-S.jpg

Have the best Sunday!!!​

@DisneyLifePapioNe yay to POFQ. Fingers crossed for reservations opening. On our walk yesterday J was asking if we lived in the US could we be AP holders because he would want to go every weekend!

Beautiful morning here and neither J or Louie knew the clocks had changed so no lie in here. We are booked for Sunday lunch at 1 today so a laid back day food wise.

Kev wants to clean the car inside and out this morning ready for our trip. Same as me with the house though I have to be chilled about that these days not leaving an empty house!

I will do zoom church this morning and need to check I have all ingredients for doing cupcakes with L tomorrow.

Meanwhile J is sat with me on a Tom & Jerry marathon watch, Louie is back to sleep on my knee and I have coffee and a lovely view of the garden and blue sky so can’t complain.

Peaceful Sunday to you all x

Sunday it is. Good Afternoon to Schumi and Julie.

Yeah, Mac, early bird here. Though I have no idea when kids went to bed, as I hollered time for bed, but heard little one chatting away with her online friends playing together. I do think older one went to bed close to the time I did.

Yep, I always like to have a clean car, if doing a driving trip. Nice of you to make cupcakes before you leave, Julie. Safe travels.

Schumi, like having the house smell good, from cooking food. Pork not eaten much here, and little one will not eat it. Oh, nothing wrong with a different meat for breakfast. We are going to have the left over steak with our eggs this morning. How nice is that? And how wonderful you have a treasured book once more.

45 says the temp and no sun streaming in my window. Overcast day, and a cooler one to. Will wear pants and a jacket.

Quiet house, a weekend normal mornings, with mom the only one awake from early hours. Yesterday, little one was mad when the mom alarm was sounded at around 11. Claim was sound asleep, and you know that saying, never wake a sleeping dog. Even older one, who was already awake, was laughing in his bed, as little one is just not a happy person when woken. Older one, even as a baby, always is most pleasant when woke.

And so, with the remote and cup of tea in my hand, it is a good morning. And a day, to get the trash out, finish the wash, and ready for the rainy work week.

And for most, Sunday is a day of rest. So, maybe fitting that the national food day today is:
DD073030-A362-465B-B5C0-C17C0B8DBFD4.jpeg

So hope all the homies enjoy some good greasy food and some relaxing time.

Refill time, later homies. A Good Morning and Good Afternoon to all.

Another day of Football & curled up under a throw, won’t break 45 degrees Lots of coffee & tea today along with the leftovers from yesterday.

just family style, mismatched plates and all (find the minion lol) but sure Hit the spot Fried green tomato casserole, cheesy taters, last of green beans from garden. Couldn’t forget the cookies courtesy of local restaurant

E929C07A-F1F6-40D1-A8A1-91B625EB10D7.jpegC7F69ACC-5433-40BC-AE6A-723B0BCC2D9E.jpeg79823C12-0280-42B2-A16F-9F5EE0AF2D5F.jpeg

One DS got called out to work last minute. He will murder his pumpkin tonight

did a quick look at their website. If I read it correctly I pay $25 to sign up, then receive that amount credited to my card. I can then apply that amount to my meal? I looked at their locations.
Yep, that’s it. The landry’s Seafood restaurant always had a rather limited menu but good offerings. Not a Joe’s Crab Shack fan, they try a bit too hard with the theming

I will have two slow cookers going overnight..
it gives Dave the willies to have them fired up overnight. One of his few quirks
I forgot to mention, youngest and I have decided on Beach Club or POFQ for our week in Disney together, neither of which are currently taking reservations.....
Nice, did tom bricker venture in on when he thinks they will resume operations?

We are rather looking forward to AKV Jambo being a ghost town since only DVC is up & running. May just prop up my feet in the lobby and call it my LR for the trip :). Well, if all heck doesn’t break loose between now & then, hadn’t expected a 3rd wave to roll in so soon ugh

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/animal-kingdom-lodge-report-serene-or-spooky/
When it happened, schools canceled the day prior and only a 5 minute fall of snow flakes the next morning.

many cleared the local grocery stores of bread and eggs the night prior.
Hehe bless their hearts :)...break out the northern smirk. Most i know in south don’t even use all-weather tires.
another homie saying that bad 4 letter word. LoL Saying snow,
Haha is right up there with the big boys of that genre IMO
It’s 1:28 and homies are dropping like flies

When is the night crew checking in ?

Our night crew some years back, 2018 would just be starting to post now
Bluer, Kevin, TinyD, Tink were some of the night owls
Whooooo?
It’s the new normal :duck: Oh, so sick of that phrase.

Tom & Jerry marathon watch,
The originals I hope, gave up on the new versions

Last edited:
Sunday it is. Good Afternoon to Schumi and Julie.

Yeah, Mac, early bird here. Though I have no idea when kids went to bed, as I hollered time for bed, but heard little one chatting away with her online friends playing together. I do think older one went to bed close to the time I did.

Yep, I always like to have a clean car, if doing a driving trip. Nice of you to make cupcakes before you leave, Julie. Safe travels.

Schumi, like having the house smell good, from cooking food. Pork not eaten much here, and little one will not eat it. Oh, nothing wrong with a different meat for breakfast. We are going to have the left over steak with our eggs this morning. How nice is that? And how wonderful you have a treasured book once more.

45 says the temp and no sun streaming in my window. Overcast day, and a cooler one to. Will wear pants and a jacket.

Quiet house, a weekend normal mornings, with mom the only one awake from early hours. Yesterday, little one was mad when the mom alarm was sounded at around 11. Claim was sound asleep, and you know that saying, never wake a sleeping dog. Even older one, who was already awake, was laughing in his bed, as little one is just not a happy person when woken. Older one, even as a baby, always is most pleasant when woke.

And so, with the remote and cup of tea in my hand, it is a good morning. And a day, to get the trash out, finish the wash, and ready for the rainy work week.

And for most, Sunday is a day of rest. So, maybe fitting that the national food day today is:
View attachment 534575

So hope all the homies enjoy some good greasy food and some relaxing time.

Refill time, later homies. A Good Morning and Good Afternoon to all.

Can`t get anyone in our house to do leftovers for breakfast.......and meat for breakfast isn`t a thing either unless it`s bacon or sausages. I guess steak for breakfast isn`t British......I could do it in America though.....lol....

Hope you have a lovely day even if it is a little cooler.....autumn can be so beautiful.

Yes, I`m thrilled he got me the copy of the book.....I love it.

Another day of Football & curled up under a throw, won’t break 45 degrees Lots of coffee & tea today along with the leftovers from yesterday. One DS got called out to work last minute. He will murder his pumpkin tonight

Yep, that’s it. The landry’s Seafood restaurant always had a rather limited menu but good offerings. Not a Joe’s Crab Shack fan, they try a bit too hard with the theming

it gives Dave the willies to have them fired up overnight. One of his few quirks

Nice, did tom bricker venture in on when he thinks they will resume operations?

We are rather looking forward to AKV Jambo being a ghost town since only DVC is up & running. May just prop up my feet in the lobby and call it my LR for the trip :). Well, if all heck doesn’t break loose between now & then, hadn’t expected a 3rd wave to roll in so soon ugh

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/animal-kingdom-lodge-report-serene-or-spooky/
Hehe bless their hearts :)...break out the northern smirk. Most i know in south don’t even use all-weather tires.

Haha is right up there with the big boys of that genre IMO

Whooooo?
It’s the new normal :duck: Oh, so sick of that phrase.

The originals I hope, gave up on the new versionss

Tom is the same....hates the thought of leaving anything plugged in overnight like that.....we trust the fridges/freezers/tv and so on....lol......I used to charge up one of my ipads overnight.......not anymore......there was a news story of one catching fire during the night.........same with dishwashers, now we always put the dishwasher on as soon as dinner is over.

Yes, I hate the "new normal" expression........

Janet last time we went to Joe`s Crab Shack it was like a ghost town. It used to be a vibrant and busy place where you always had to wait for a table, it was deserted. Someone at the hotel said it had gone downhill rapidly. Never gone to the one on I Drive as it was too touristy for us (lol....I know I hear it too :duck:) so have no idea if that one is better. But the LBV one was dreadful.

Just finished lunch.

Had a mini charcuterie tray to share between us. It was just enough for lunch. For a dinner option we have more meats and some smoked salmon with shrimp.....but for a sharing lunch this was beautiful....

meat-L.jpg

Watching the Grand Prix for the first few laps, then usually turn it off.......too dull and predictable. Will only watch it if something happens to make it different.

Too chilly to be out today, even in the sunshine, so will find something to pass the day away.......and what is feeling like a very long day.....fabulous.

Good Morning All,

Hope everyone is doing well. Been a while since I have been able to post. My job in the elections department has kept me away. I have been working about 60 hours a week for the last month and half. Home stretch is coming up though. Today is my last day off until Nov. 7 so a bit of relaxing today watching The Office reruns and doing some housework today.

This is the 3rd election we have conducted since COVID and thankfully we are all still healthy. Especially considering we have had over 15,000 people walk through our small office in the last 35 days. All our city offices are closed to the public but we received special permission to open our floor for Early voting. I am hoping that we close up again after the election. We could use the break.

The weather has been nice so that adds insult to injury.😉High 70s and low 80s but today rainy and dreary and in the low 60s.

I haven't cooked in a while so I think I will make a pot of chili for dinner. Makes plenty of leftovers for hubby.

Hope everyone has a great day!

@keishashadow - Steak is coming on breakfast/brunch menus round here now - Kev had steak and eggs at Picturedrome on Friday.

Almost 4pm and home from our leisurely Sunday lunch. It was really good. Kev, J and I had the roast beef, L chose fish which is her current favourite and Em chose a cheese dish - not a lover of beef or the roast pork options and had enough of chicken at home. Since J had his bowel surgery 12 months ago he’s gradually increased his appetite and food choices and it’s so good to see him able to enjoy his food more.

Shame for our favourite restaurant though as Sunday lunches normally fully booked and it was only half full - the owner said he’d had about 40% bookings over the weekend. Every precaution is taken and feels very safe.

Two Amazon parcels on the porch on return had to be sneaked away - getting my Christmas shopping sorted early!

Only a supper snack needed later so time for a movie now while Em is doing some Halloween crafts with the children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter