Something About Nothing............ #14

Yay live report from Schumi. Fabulous you are enjoying that FLA sunshine and weather finally. Agree with you, I’d take 70 degrees over the cooler weather we’ve been having.

Mac, oh no. Around me, many of the restaurants are open. Hehe, even our local news was showing what is open today. Grocery stores too, though with a mid afternoon closing. That stinker little one ate my small container of chocolate ice cream the other day. I was looking for it last night. As such, I will be stopping at the grocery store later to buy another of that ice cream. Then I’m going to enjoy eating it.

Hehe, was talking to my sister last night. Said we had picked up a box of chocolates from a place we much enjoy, to bring with us. She said, we’d have to sample, then we’ll put them on a plate so no one will know how many were in the box. Like her thinking. ::yes::

Thus a good morning to Schumi, as she’s in my time zone now. Much to early to be up, but at least you can talk with me, always seem to be an early bird.

It’s thanksgiving homies! May all have that wonderful meal, and be thankful and thirsty too this holiday Thursday.

Yes Todd it was indeed beautiful and sunny when we arrived……I won’t listen to Debbie downers on the weather……..walking out of that airport was heavenly…….not the 95F we‘re used to in September, but so lovely for this time of year, high to mid 70’s is much better than the 45F we left!

You know us so well……..lol……yep, headed to Strong Water and there may have been a cocktail or two……..:)

Hope you have a lovely day today Todd…….
Thanks Carole...I'm glad your trip was a good one! I'll read your report for the details and wonderful pictures you post.

On a personal note to all my SANS friends.....

Good morning Metro. Hope you are enjoying some tea or coffee this morning. I’m in a quiet house, enjoying my tea. And watching our largest tv. Usually my little one plays her online games on it. Looks like you will be having a gorgeous sunny day. And at least over 20 degrees higher than my high temp today. Hehe, I’m still below freezing with 30 degrees out right now. See Orlando is at around 56 right now. Higher than what my high temp will be. Hope all is well with you.

Good morning Metro. Hope you are enjoying some tea or coffee this morning. I’m in a quiet house, enjoying my tea. And watching our largest tv. Usually my little one plays her online games on it. Looks like you will be having a gorgeous sunny day. And at least over 20 degrees higher than my high temp today. Hehe, I’m still below freezing with 30 degrees out right now. See Orlando is at around 56 right now. Higher than what my high temp will be. Hope all is well with you.
Morning Lynne...I'm on the computer reading articles that amuse me. It's a bit chilly right now but it's supposed to be in the upper 70s today which is great. I don't do coffee or hot tea...I get my caffeine drinking Coke. Everything is well thanks...It will be good to be away from work for 5 days! We all needed a break. I haven't turned my TV on yet but will soon. I live alone so my house is usually quiet...hehe.

Good morning and happy Thanksgiving. Once again I am awake before I wanted to be. This morning I need to frost the cake I made last night and then make the apple pie.

Early Turkey Day Wishes to y’all and y’all’s,
Howdy from the worst SAN’r ever! :magnify:
Sincere apologies for my prolonged absence…life just keeps kickin‘ our hind ends.
Hope those with ailments are on the mend and those with trips taken and/or planned had/will have a root-n-tootin’ great time! :)
We have a USO Hard Rock trip booked for Dec 14-15-16-17 and we think it “likely” will happen…:moped:…BUT the WL Copper Creek segment for 8 days after that are very likely to get canceled…more family challenges right now than we can handle. It’s possible we’re gonna end up eatin‘ these dang DVC points. 🧐😡
Gage is excited to get to see a few of the Universal favorites of his so we really want to make it happen!:teeth:
Take care youse and y’all!
Hope things work out and you are able to do both trips.

Waiting in the Remy line at Epcot. Weather was nice today, but really cold yesterday. Should have packed light gloves.
Was it worth the wait? We will probably ride it when we are then in March.

It’s a heck of a lot of leftovers for us…two people can only eat so much
Side dishes of fried sweet potatoes and white mashed potatoes, stuffing, deviled eggs, 2 veggies, home made cranberry sauce, carrot and celery w/ dips, home made rolls, gravy from scratch will mean a lot of left overs ….
There will be 7 of us for dinner, but I suspect our hosts will still have a ton of leftovers. They always make so much food. In the past we have had bigger groups (up to 30 at one point) and I think they haven't adjusted for the smaller crowds.

Yes Todd it was indeed beautiful and sunny when we arrived……I won’t listen to Debbie downers on the weather……..walking out of that airport was heavenly…….not the 95F we‘re used to in September, but so lovely for this time of year, high to mid 70’s is much better than the 45F we left!
Mid to high 70's is perfect for me. Welcome back to the U.S. Schumi.

Lynnes quote has disappeared. I gave my family strict orders not to touch the ice cream in the freezer. It's reserved for the apple pie. I like your sister's thinking too.

I am still the only one awake. I think I will wait another hour before starting my food preparations. Meanwhile I am watching an episode of Too Cute.

Hehe, me too Charade. Like that show. My one cousin had a little dog named Queenie. Funny for a cat name. Such cute kittens, even though I cannot have any due to family allergies. Yum, house will be smelling good with the pie cooking. I’m done my baking. Only pie we have is pumpkin pie. Then just candy and whatever else my one brother brings. Hope you and family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

And yes, Metro. This bonus long weekend is much appreciated. And like you, I’m still up early.

Good morning Robo. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hope you are feeling better, and tooth not hurting enough to enjoy some food and fun. And hope you can still enjoy a cup coffee in your HHN cup.

May you have all the best delights in life…good food, health & times. Happy Thanksgiving all.

my oldest just face-timed me, has a cold, hopefully asked if he can still come to dinner. Deep breath…sure but, you have to wear a mask when not eating. He is fully vaxx’d.

for the Star Wars fans among us:

6A22192F-A9A6-4125-846A-BC649A481F35.jpeg

our infectious numbers have doubled here over the last few weeks, accordingly, our celebration will be just immediate family for the holidays this year. Oh, how I will miss the inevitable ‘conversation’, not lolololol

081706AD-00F7-4004-B041-1AA61A5EF926.jpeg

It can be hard to struggle with barometric related migraines.
hmmm, this could explain a lot for my youngest DS. never heard of that variety, will share so he can alert his dr next visit. Has yet to find the right Rx. Thank you For posting this.
I did a #1 this morning in the entrance at Tim Horton's as the drive-thru was busy,
oh, no. I think you need snow shoes :). Small world, i had a Kcup of Tim Hortons this am :), no B&M Site here.

Lynne - BJ’s warehouse club is coming to town. Offering a deal on pre-sale of memberships. think they have them in your area, do you shop there? it’s a bit out of our way but they seem to have a solid online website.
There are “all season” tires out now that are called All Weather, and have the M&S designation on the tire.
never heard of them either. We always get tires at a small, local shop. Will have to inquire.
Keisha another great meme! I haven’t started watching Hawkeye.
part of Marvel Universe, Jeremy Renner stars
Can’t go wrong with Judi Dench!
so true, a treasure
It’s possible we’re gonna end up eatin‘ these dang DVC points
yikes, thAt would be so disappointing for you, sorry. probably could rent out here on boards or thru a broker If you pull the plug sooner vs later As availability has been non existent For months
WL is so beautiful at Christmas. I hope you can keep it.
I’m biased but, think it’s the best themed of them all. Looking forward to checking in on Wednesday. Tomorrow will be at AK, similar look but, still a totally different vibe
My son loves that sweatshirt and insisted I buy it:rotfl2:
haha he has good taste
Waiting in the Remy line at Epcot. Weather was nice today, but really cold yesterday. Should have packed light gloves.
knew i forgot to pack something. That damp, night air can often catches me off guard.
It’s a heck of a lot of leftovers for us…two people can only eat so much
i do my best to take a solid stab at it :). Hooray, enjoy the holiday! PS if any room in your freezer, make up 2 dinner plates/containers & pull it out & enjoy later…homemade TV dinner!
Christmas is our turkey time traditionally, but looking forward to our first Thanksgiving in America today…..think I could happily drop in to yours or Keisha‘s homes……all good home cooking is the best!
Welcome home. hope you find some turkey lurking about today In the wilds of Orlando. Getting ready to make the corn bread.
Hope you are enjoying some tea or coffee this morning. I’m in a quiet house, enjoying my tea.
Enjoy your time with the fam today. I appreciate a bit of quiet time before the day‘s activities. I an hour in the am to settle in & center myself; especially before the start of a busy day.

Keisha, yes I have had a BJ’s membership for many years. It’s the furthest away, but there’s a Target that we like and other around it, so not too bad, a 15 to 20 minute drive. We like it because one, it still takes coupons, theirs and the manufacturer ones. Second, it’s the only one of the three big box stores that has a deli. We can’t beat the prices on the cheese and lunch meat there. They also have cheapest gas. Though their gas price tends to be the same as Sam’s, and Sam’s is the closest to us. I’m a big box store fan, as been both a Sam’s member and Costco member for many years as well as BJ’s. So go for it, as I think you can cancel after a month or so, if not for you.

Happy Thanksgiving! Oldest daughter is downstairs watching Macy’s parade! We were there one year, it was fun.

Soniam enjoy Epcot today! I wish Remy was open when we were t here in Aug!
Packing for winter trips to Orlando is crazy. the weather can be all over the place. I pack for all weather anywhere from freezing to high 70’s. And yup, light gloves!

Mac dinner sounds great! And we love leftovers! Turkey soup, sandwiches, casserole!

Schumi sounds like a perfect arrival at Strongwater! Our last trip we went over to RP for dinner downstairs during Orlando Dine Out. Had a very nice meal. Then we went upstairs to see the new lobby. Great additions.

Keisha, I’d have to agree about WL decorations the rustic lobby and fireplace really adds to it.
I’m having withdrawals now! Usually this week right after American Thanksgiving I’m at either UO or Disney to enjoy the holiday deco! But this year our trip timing was different due to schedules.
I just picked up a case of Timmy K Cups from my Costco and was on coupon special! No idea they sold in the US Costco! It’s our secret plan for world domination lol!

Charade ugh it always happens at the worst time! Glad you got what you needed done!

No Thanksgiving here! I’m making chili dinner then start cleaning the house in prep for Christmas decorating. Rainy yucky day. Ugh. Last thing we need, more rain. FYI we really enjoyed the movie yesterday, Belfast.

Last edited:
Ah yes, up early and not a peep from little one. Tea made, and enjoying some pumpkin pie, as a bit was leftover. Yep, came home with leftovers, which is fine with me. I know my family will eat it too.

Hehe,

FF94CFCB-B8F2-414D-B731-3AC99782886A.jpeg

Eh, I did buy what kids wanted online yesterday. Have to pick up some, and some will be shipped. Hehe, pickup will be tomorrow morning. Not this morning. And interestingly, in years past, the stores started longer hours starting today. This weekend, the mall hours seem to be the normal hours they have been open already. No earlier hour and even that early closing on Sundays. Guess they don’t expect the crowds and not having full staff.

And so, our Friday is also a break day for all of us. Thank goodness. Fabulous Friday! Yes, that’s it homies. Whatever this Friday is, May it be fabulous.

Early bird weather report: It’s now 43 degrees, with overcast skies and light rain is to come in the next hour. But that rain will stop within a few hours, then a mostly cloudy day. And yeah, high is 4 degrees higher than it is now. Jackets needed. And just maybe sunglasses. End report. Early bird needs more tea.

Friday morning homies. Good Morning. :wave2:

Morning all...I hope everyone had a nice holiday. I have picked up a cold somewhere which stinks so I'm going to rest for a couple of days...I need to get the flu shot and they won't give it if you are sick. So...I might run down to Walgreens and get some medicine to ease this damn cough I have now.

For those who love to shop on Black Friday...

And if you don't....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter