Something About Nothing............ #14

Mac was happy to arrive ahead of flight schedule way before 5:0

Mac is sad she just found out son/family United flight was delayed and won’t be arriving until 7:20 tonight

I would people watch in the baggage area but there are no people to see down here

Anyhoot, it’s worth the wait to see my offspring and family!

This is the third time I have seen MCO empty

First was 911
Had a preplanned flight and flew to Orlando first day flights were allowed

Last year September, no lines or many people at mco

Today has less people than last year
I see employees but no tourists.
Airport is enforcing mask rules big time

Hope all the homies are having a good day!
Remember to be good and I’ll bring candy treats for all!

Good evening. Another fun day of dealing with insurance issues. I won't bore you with the details.

I realized something amusing today. Background - When we were first planning to move to Virginia a little over 13 years ago, we spent a couple of nights at the house of one of the university professors. (Either he or his wife were related to someone that we went to church with when we lived in North Carolina.) We haven't had much contact with him since then. Today I realized that B has him for one of her history classes this semester. I wonder if he remembers that she stayed at his house. I'm certain B doesn't remember.

For those on the other side of the pond...that’s Senator Bernie Sanders, complete with the mittens he wore Inauguration Day here. Has turned into quite the funny memes.
I love the Bernie memes. He looked so cold sitting there. I wonder if the woman who made the mittens would make him a hat.

& the correct styling product/protectorant...specifically for curly hair.
Any suggestions? My Facebook feed is flooded with ads for so many hair products. I have no idea what to try.

Yeah, my iron is stored in the wall cabinet that has a small ironing board that folds down when you open the door.
I have something similar except the cabinet is free standing.

Noon weather guy saying some will see the snow starting around dinner time.
I think the people who are predicting our weather are on something. Today was supposed to be in the 60s, but I don't think we got out of the low 40s. Late last night the forecast said 100% chance of snow overnight. We got nothing but rain.

Cold and rainy here today. We were supposed to get our first real snow Thursday but it looks like it might be just :rolleyes1rain. Boo hoo.
Our forecast is showing snow late Wednesday night and into Thursday morning. I have my doubts.

I love peanut butter and chocolate. I have been known to spoon peanut butter and nutella into a small bowl and go to town
I have a pie recipe you might like.

Hi Pumpkin. Hope you are doing well.

Had more dizziness this morning. Kev quite insistent I contact the doctor but I really don’t want to at this time.
Hope that goes away soon.

Be good and I’ll bring a lot of candy back for all of you!
Be good homies and I’ll bring home candy for everyone!
I like chocolate candy. 😁

I did not accomplish much. Just ran to the grocery store and did a few loads of laundry.
Those are pretty good accomplishments for a day off.

At my cousins home in LI I fell in love with their little toaster oven......lol......it was just so cute and I used it the trip we stayed with them every morning. You don’t really get them over here. Certainly not common......
We use our toaster over almost every day. Dh uses it more than I do.

Mac is sad she just found out son/family United flight was delayed and won’t be arriving until 7:20 tonight
Sorry about the delay, but hopefully by now you have having some fun family time.

Dh is watching something on the food network. Not good for me since I am trying to lose weight.

WOOT! Family Mac time! Have an awesome time, and hope all are enjoying the evening at the hotel.

Ah, mostly cold rain we got, and some very cold weather to end the week, but as long as it does not snow or ice up, I’m good.

Very dark out with a cloud cover night. Because of that thick cloud cover, constant 34 to 36F overnight. Then, as weather lady said at after dinner news, wall to wall sunny Wednesday. Yay! Sunglasses will be needed. Sweet! But with the high predicted to not see even 40 F, jacket and hat will be the lunchtime walk. Did not do a lunchtime walk today, as just icky out. So have not been out of the house all day.

Feel like a cup of coffee, but as it’s almost my bedtime, that’s a no. And no, will not drink decaf.

May all the homies have a most restful night and sleep like a rock, or a log. Eh, a good deep sleep. 💤 😴

Good night. Only night 🦉 🦉 in my house are the kids. Early bird will be finding that camel reminder. Yay, mid week almost here.

I should really get my pajamas on. Later homies.

Morning all. Woke to rain and all traces of snow washed away.

Em has gone to pick up L and they will be straight onto the online morning assembly. No online lessons provided and such variations even around our area on what is being provided. Best one gives live online maths and English 30 minutes each subject every morning. Afternoon they have a selection of projects/crafts - just have to choose one then 30 minutes reading. Em has to print of sheets and sheets of repetitive work and the frontline children in school are being looked after by a teaching assistant as bizarre the teachers are now working from home! Parents are getting frustrated with what the school is doing.

Special news programme this morning reflecting on the 100,000 deaths - so many heart wrenching stories. Kev would say don’t watch it as it upsets me so much but I have left him asleep as I caused him a restless night!

Em has a friend really struggling at the moment so I am having L for an hour while she meets her for a SD walk later this morning. If lessons are done may get her baking or painting for an hour.

Was awake in the early hours and managed to get another grocery home delivery slot in 3 weeks - sense of achievement!

DIL and DS go for baby scan later this afternoon as last one was a struggle so praying all goes well for them.

So wishing all wake to a good day and Mac has a wonderful first day.

Mac was happy to arrive ahead of flight schedule way before 5:0

I would people watch in the baggage area but there are no people to see down here

Anyhoot, it’s worth the wait to see my offspring and family!

This is the third time I have seen MCO empty

First was 911
Had a preplanned flight and flew to Orlando first day flights were allowed

Last year September, no lines or many people at mco

Today has less people than last year
I see employees but no tourists.
Airport is enforcing mask rules big time

Hope all the homies are having a good day!
Remember to be good and I’ll bring candy treats for all!

I know you`re all settled in now.......have a fabulous day today......and, yes, most definitely.........::yes::::yes::::yes::

Good evening. Another fun day of dealing with insurance issues. I won't bore you with the details.

I realized something amusing today. Background - When we were first planning to move to Virginia a little over 13 years ago, we spent a couple of nights at the house of one of the university professors. (Either he or his wife were related to someone that we went to church with when we lived in North Carolina.) We haven't had much contact with him since then. Today I realized that B has him for one of her history classes this semester. I wonder if he remembers that she stayed at his house. I'm certain B doesn't remember.

I love the Bernie memes. He looked so cold sitting there. I wonder if the woman who made the mittens would make him a hat.

Any suggestions? My Facebook feed is flooded with ads for so many hair products. I have no idea what to try.

I have something similar except the cabinet is free standing.

I think the people who are predicting our weather are on something. Today was supposed to be in the 60s, but I don't think we got out of the low 40s. Late last night the forecast said 100% chance of snow overnight. We got nothing but rain.

Our forecast is showing snow late Wednesday night and into Thursday morning. I have my doubts.

I have a pie recipe you might like.

Hi Pumpkin. Hope you are doing well.

Hope that goes away soon.

I like chocolate candy. 😁

Those are pretty good accomplishments for a day off.

We use our toaster over almost every day. Dh uses it more than I do.

Sorry about the delay, but hopefully by now you have having some fun family time.

Dh is watching something on the food network. Not good for me since I am trying to lose weight.

I don`t even know if they sell those types of toaster ovens over here, I`ve never looked, but I will.

Tresemme do fabulous hair products, and the American version of the Aussie band of shampoo. I use both of them and their heat protectors are excellent as are there shampoo and conditioners. Have a try at some on the shelf till you find one that suits your hair. John Frieda is another one that does good frizz ease.

Also consider a Brazilian Blow Out.....your hair stays straight for a long time. A few of my friends have had it done and they look great.

WOOT! Family Mac time! Have an awesome time, and hope all are enjoying the evening at the hotel.

Ah, mostly cold rain we got, and some very cold weather to end the week, but as long as it does not snow or ice up, I’m good.

Very dark out with a cloud cover night. Because of that thick cloud cover, constant 34 to 36F overnight. Then, as weather lady said at after dinner news, wall to wall sunny Wednesday. Yay! Sunglasses will be needed. Sweet! But with the high predicted to not see even 40 F, jacket and hat will be the lunchtime walk. Did not do a lunchtime walk today, as just icky out. So have not been out of the house all day.

Feel like a cup of coffee, but as it’s almost my bedtime, that’s a no. And no, will not drink decaf.

May all the homies have a most restful night and sleep like a rock, or a log. Eh, a good deep sleep. 💤 😴

Good night. Only night 🦉 🦉 in my house are the kids. Early bird will be finding that camel reminder. Yay, mid week almost here.

I should really get my pajamas on. Later homies.

We were like a little old couple last night....we had hot chocolate before we went to bed.......lol.....and I did sleep extra well I think. Although I always sleep well anyway, but it was so nice.

Our cold is dissipating a little but sounds like you have some very cold weather to come. Hope you get your walk today. We did go out a short walk last night as I wanted a little air, but it was so cold we didn`t last long, even wrapped up. But, I do enjoy walking at night too.

I hope somebody has bacon cooked this morning
I have a craving for it...

Add some eggs with it and I’ll be your best friend!

Hey you`re still up!! Bacon is always on offer in our house.......and eggs too......I`d say hop on over, but you have some plans to be going on with.......:wave2:

National Holocaust Memorial Day today, will be lighting a candle and placing it in the window tonight.

And my sister`s birthday. Not much else happening.......few phone calls and having a turkey dinner tonight......this is where I`m glad we cooked so much turkey over Christmas and froze it.

Sunny and damp day today.......laundry and some housework too and chat to mum after she gets her vaccine today......yay!!

cv70-L.jpg

cv68-M.jpg

cv67-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Wednesday..........:wave2:

Last edited:
Ack, Mac, a very early bird you are. Hope you have a blast in the parks with your family today.

Julie, busy day for you. So many affected from this virus. I hope Em’s friend gets better fast. Will be giving very good thoughts to your DS and DIL, as I hope all goes well with her maternity check up. Yay, for getting another order in. Maybe a nap, as you are an early bird this morning too. And sweet to be helping with L. Yeah, I don’t think lots of kids are happy with the online teaching. In my school district, only the elementary kids go to school. The older kids are online only. Though school sports are allowed again.

Yay, Schumi had a restful night. Hot chocolate sounded good for an evening drink. I ended up with nothing, and fell fast asleep. I always seem to wake up around when alarm goes off, and today was no different. A Happy Birthday to your sister. Great the your mum is getting the vaccine. Hope you had some tea this morning. Yep, the time of year we are cool to cold. But hey, ever so closer to Spring as January is ending this weekend.

And ah yes, a camel in the sun is here:
E83A0185-B24E-43ED-BF2E-FC03C9C8CED3.jpeg

Yay, a camel to remind all the homies, a hump day is here, and I will have that sunny day. Though where camel is, his sun will make it feel about double my high temp today, and maybe even hotter. Sigh.

Bobbie, hope your new home is nice, and all getting set up. Hope the family and cats are enjoying that Florida lifestyle now.

Not much else but happy it’s a Wednesday. That means, not only is Friday closer, but since I have decided on a 3 day weekend, will be a lazy Friday. Woot! Priorities, yay know.

And a priority is I need more tea. House is not feeling cold, but always part of my morning routine. Later homies.

A Welcome to a Wonderful Wednesday homies, and have a most perfectly good morning.

Tea time. :wave2:

I have a little bit of free morning time. That's rare for me.
The forecast is calling for snow again tonight. I'll believe it when I see it.

Em has gone to pick up L and they will be straight onto the online morning assembly. No online lessons provided and such variations even around our area on what is being provided. Best one gives live online maths and English 30 minutes each subject every morning. Afternoon they have a selection of projects/crafts - just have to choose one then 30 minutes reading. Em has to print of sheets and sheets of repetitive work and the frontline children in school are being looked after by a teaching assistant as bizarre the teachers are now working from home! Parents are getting frustrated with what the school is doing.
I can't even imagine how frustrating this must be. I'm not even sure what schools near me are doing. I think in person classes.

Tresemme do fabulous hair products, and the American version of the Aussie band of shampoo. I use both of them and their heat protectors are excellent as are there shampoo and conditioners. Have a try at some on the shelf till you find one that suits your hair. John Frieda is another one that does good frizz ease.

Also consider a Brazilian Blow Out.....your hair stays straight for a long time. A few of my friends have had it done and they look great.
I actually have some Aussie products for curly hair, but I haven't tried blow drying after using them. No blow out for me. I'm trying to find good products to work with the curls. I keep getting ads for all of these "miracle" products, but I have my doubts.

We were like a little old couple last night....we had hot chocolate before we went to bed.......lol.....and I did sleep extra well I think. Although I always sleep well anyway, but it was so nice.
You have just reminded me that I have a gift card to a local coffee shop that I need to use. I don't drink coffee, but I know they sell hot chocolate too.

And my sister`s birthday.
Happy birthday to her.

Good morning Lynne!

Mac was up way early. Even for a Disney day.

Dh once posted this to Facebook and said that it was me.

I responded that this one was more like me.

Hehe, have to say, always make the rope drop at Disney, at Universal, eh once in awhile. Glad you have a quiet morning Charade. Yep, use that gift card. Little one prefers coffee, but she likes Starbucks hot chocolate too.

Ooh, loud house as all up. Hehe, more tea for me. And ack need breakfast too.

Morning Sans family :wave2:

D900CC36-E074-406A-8902-090DC84C242B.jpeg

Robo, hope you are also doing well. Some days, just nice to enjoy the day with nothing scheduled. Hope the warmer weather has come, and having a nice cup of coffee in tour HHN mug. And, eek, you were up with me. Hope you got back to sleep. Sorry to hear your granddaughter and her fiancé are having symptoms. Sending lots of well wishes mummy dust to them both.

Morning Lynne......doing well thank you. Hope you and your family are doing well. Having a nice mug of coffee this morning. Yes, the weather has warmed up nicely. It’s supposed to be 81 today. Then high of 64 predicted tomorrow. So will be up and down for a few days. Thank you for the good wishes for my granddaughter and her fiancé.

Great pictures Robo. Hope the family recover soon. It took me a good while and still not my “normal” energy levels.

I think the recovery process is not fast for sure. They are slowly getting better. My granddaughter was told by her doc to increase her fluid intake. I almost wonder if Covid is attacking the adrenal glands as this controls our salt and water levels. Low sodium levels and water levels can cause dizziness and fainting episodes.

Great you bought a pulse oximeter. I did some research and bought one for granddaughter and sent it to her. Will give you pretty accurate heart rate and O2 saturation. They are very affordable now.

Robo that was great pictures!
Praying your granddaughter feels better real soon!

Thank you for your prayers for my granddaughter Mac.

Good to see you Robo......
Lovely pictures Robo......Kyle follows them very closely and we love to watch the launches together. They are doing amazing things over there. And to be so close, you`re very lucky.

The launches are fun to watch. I would love to see a Falcon Heavy go off in person. Very thankful Elon Musk has the SpaceX program going. I think that is awesome that your family enjoys watching the launches together. I remember reading your trip report when you all went to the Kennedy Space Center. I hope sometime when you are here on vacation that it works out that you all will be able to see a launch go off in person.

And again, glad your lovely granddaughter is doing better.....continued good wishes for her and her fiancee. And hope your dad is doing well too

Thank you Schumi for the good wishes for granddaughter and her fiancé. My dad is doing ok. He is still struggling with the loss of my stepmom and has lost a lot of weight, but is still his spicy self.

Oh, lucky her, ticked off all the boxes ugh. So, trying to think back. How long are her symptoms lasting thus far?

If I figured it right a little over two weeks now. Her symptoms were severe bones aches, severe weakness and tiredness, congestion, cough, burning sinuses and loss of taste and smell. She still has some congestion and mild cough and taste and smell have not returned yet.
Her fiancé got it a week after her so his symptoms are mimicking her except he has not lost his taste or smell. Interestingly I have noticed more females then males are losing the sense of taste and smell.

DIL and DS go for baby scan later this afternoon as last one was a struggle so praying all goes well for them.

Sending good wishes and prayers for a successful scan.

Have a wonderful time in the parks with your family Mac.

Happy Birthday to your Sister Schumi
EA6110C4-FB06-4369-A6FC-71A2439B1E8F.gif

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Thanks Lynne......yes, some nights I like a drink of something before bed, non alcoholic, but sometimes I don’t bother.........yes, spring gets closer every day.......

Robo.......good to see you and thank you too.....love the cake......::yes:: Yes, KSC was absolutely one of our highlights and yes, we’ve only seen the launch where they were taking things to the ISS......watched that from IOA.....but, we’d love to see a proper launch. It is spectacular what they are doing over there.

Glad your dad still has a bite to him......it has to be tough for him without his wife. And of course continued good wishes for your granddaughter and her fiancee......

mac........yes, how you survive on a few hours sleep is beyond me! I need 7 hours or I’m like a zombie! Glad today was so good.......

Enjoyed a little zoom quiz tonight with a bunch of friends.......got a txt earlier from one saying he wanted to organise it out of the blue, think we’re all missing each other........but, it was a lot of fun and we came 2nd out of 6 couples....... and annoyingly we were the only two not drinking alcohol lol......everyone else has given up on Dry January. We did get teased!

Heavy rain forecast for next few days.......no walks for sure.

Time to read more of the book......hope your Wednesday has gone well.....

A mostly uneventful day today which was nice. The highlight of the work day was receiving my W-2 form. I'm now waiting for dh to get back from them gym and then we will have a late dinner.

Hehe, have to say, always make the rope drop at Disney, at Universal, eh once in awhile.
I am going to try to make and effort to make rope drop a few times on my next Disney trip. I also want to stay until closing, just maybe on different days. I'm hoping to make this trip a little more relaxing than previous trips.

The launches are fun to watch.
I would love to see a launch live sometime. The last time I was at the space center was about 18 years ago. I was talking a photography class and decided to use the space center as the subject of one of my projects. I wonder if I still have those pictures somewhere.

Our forecast is predicting snow again tonight. Supposedly it will me measurable snow. I will believe it when I see it.

It’s actually snowing right now. 🌨❄

We have rain....lots of rain.......hope you do find those pictures Charade, it`s always nice to look back on older pics.

Definitely a wet Thursday. Rain started in the middle of the night...I wasn`t popular when I woke Tom up to ask if he could hear it bouncing down......lol....guess it didn`t wake him up......oops. I think it`s to be on all day.

Looks completely miserable outside and rain hasn`t lessened any.

Ironing this morning while Tom pops out for a few fresh items we need for today and the next few days.

Pulled pork for dinner tonight, made the bbq sauce yesterday and pork has been in slow cooker all night. Will make some spicy potato wedges for me they want sweet home made rolls and coleslaw. Decided to ask Tom to get brioche buns instead of baking them. I put a call into the bakery and asked him to keep us a couple as they go very quickly.

I`m glad I have nowhere to go today at all.

Glad to hear mac is having a lovely trip so far......::yes::

i-cS6V9Ts-S.gif

gif56-S.gif

cv49-L.jpg

Happy Thirsty Thursday 😍

Ooh, Charade has snow!

Yay, Schumi’s house is smelling good, even on the rainy day. Hope tea is being enjoyed in that very wet weather day you are having.

Woot! Early bird Mac, ready for some more park fun. Hope you are enjoying yourself.

Yeah, Monday afternoon or evening is our better chance to see snow. Um, no. I hope the odds are not in our snow favor.

But the cool weather is certainly here. A balmy 27F out, with that ever perfect 30F the high. And while a little cloudy start, a glorious sunny afternoon is in store. And just enough wind to make you think the temps are in the teens. And the wind will be blowing even stronger tomorrow.

But hey,
F6FF5CFB-119A-4D0B-9F74-564413E8F4D3.jpeg

Yay, the day before a Friday is surely a reason to drink.

Thus, have that beverage of choice, include some always needed water, and have that terrific Thirsty Thursday.

Tea time. Oh yes I will. Then thinking a what for breakfast.

Hope this finds all the homies well. Good Morning.

⛅️ then ☀️ Yay! :music:

Good afternoon all. Mac up early and making the most of her trip. Lynne has her tea and looking forward to a no work Friday?
Grey day here but we had a walk with Louie for an hour - I admit I was forced into it!
Yesterday I decided I need to return to my way of eating for my health. No more excuses of still eating the Christmas chocolates etc. Will mean doing different for the family at the moment but I’ll try and relate them.
So chicken curry for 4 but cauliflower rice for me and chicken drumsticks for L.

Going to watch a very old Midsomer Murder now and a little sewing.

Hope everyone has a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter