Something About Nothing ... #12

It's Tuesday right?
Great long weekend at lake with family reunion. Our room was attached to the Hospitality room-huge space with couches, tables, chairs, wet bar and fireplace. The attached bedroom was huge as well with jacuzzi old style with mirrors around it and in the room. Bathroom had own jetted tub. The jacuzzi got lots of use-as a holder for wet swimsuits and towels! Had gorgeous hot weather all weekend-couple storms apparently happened overnight though. Son and middle kid made some babysitting money too-which they were very happy about. The boy already has plans for his money. Oldest changed her flight from sunday night to this am (very early). Her advisor didn't expect her back til today anyway and she got in to work at her usual time.
cold front swept through and has been sunny and lower heat and no humidity yesterday and today.
One of the baby chicks-well she is grown up now-laid her first egg while we were gone. Friend staying in house took a pic. Feel like I missed a baby's first steps LOL. So now we have blue/green eggs as well.

Trying to convince the DH that I can do Disney cheap in august-his oldest has a convention at the Grand Floridian that her work is paying for...and plenty of room! Alysa misses Disney bad and wants to go too-she still has friends that can let her into the parks too.

Charade - pretty bedding! College gets real when all the stuff you have to buy starts accumulating!

Did try to read and keep up a bit over weekend. Too tired to grab laptop to post though. Teen hormones, trips being planned (or unplanned and replanned), shopping trips for food and other things (r/t to trips or kids it seems), heat waves vs big storms (and power outages!!), A/C challenges and lots of yummy food. Dinner tonight was everyone fend for themselves. Mine was a PBJ and popcorn-with water! May be off alcohol for bit as had enough over weekend to last awhile.

Bought our UtH tour tickets, and made fastpasses for our sneak away for Galaxy edge day (although I made the FP for MK as if I am going to Disney I have to go on HM).

May be an early (at least earlier) night for me...

Hello stranger!

Lovely to see you pop back in........it’s been a while!

I dread to imagine how old your children are now!! Time flies.......
[
Hey Kfish, funny, I was thinking of you lately, as we share a son named Christopher. Hope all is well in your family.

All is good here! Nice to be back if only just briefly"

Chris is 6, Lucas is 3 and Charlie is 18 months. Time really does fly!

Figure Kfish is doing the "hey, how are you wave" before she comes back and says she is having another baby......

This should bring her back here soon.......

Yes, we just returned from Taco Bell

Well Mac, you were very close...

Meet Hope Abigail! She arrived Wednesday morning weighing 6 lbs. 11 oz. Her middle name is for the girl we lost 5 years ago.

She is so sweet and tiny! And she will have three big bros to look after her!

Congratulations !!

Hope is beautiful and I'm thrilled you had a girl....
She looks adorable.

Does this mean you will be posting after midnight or around the 2:00 feedings like the last time with boy #3?

Late night check in. Not much to report on today. We were supposed to have one of dh’s coworkers and her family over to cook out tonight, but decided to postpone due to the rain. I’m actually glad it rained. I just didn’t really feel up to meeting new people tonight. The other good part about the rain is the temperatures dropped into the mid 60s. It was such a nice change from the heatwave we had this past weekend.

Natural Tunnel is beautiful at Christmas! They light the tunnel and it's just stunning. You'll have to let me know if you make it down and we can have an off property Dis meet!
Now I really want to go. I think we should do probably do an overnight trip. I’ll let you know if we decide to go.

Well, we have no AC in the office,
In an odd coincidence the AC in my office went out yesterday, Thankfully we had a repair guy in this morning and we had the AC back this afternoon.

Happy wet Tuesday, homies! Rain in the forecast through early afternoon. At least we haven't had the winds that Schumi had or the power outages that Lynne had to deal with. The temps are just crazy....took Riley out to potty and at almost 30 degrees cooler than it was just days ago, I came in and got under one of our sofa blankies!
I am enjoying the cool temps with this rain. I just wish we could get the cool temps without the rain. We have had some power outages and downed trees in our area, but nothing too serious.

thinking we'll have lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.
You are near a Cheesecake Factory? I’m a little jealous. The closest one to me is 2 hours away in Richmond.

Boys and their toys..Hubby really likes watching TV.
Part of what dh teaches is television related, so he feels like he need to always have the latest technology. With the bigger TV he also insisted on getting a 4K player.

. I love Cheesecake Factory and it’s my treat to go when I go to the US! But usually by the time I finish my meal I don’t have room for dessert.
We like to go at lunch when you can order the smaller lunch portions. B and I will split a piece of cheesecake. The only problem is getting both of us to agree on which kind.

My DL dates are 8/11-8/17 so yay,
I look forward to hearing about your trip. I thought DL would be a once only trip, but now I would like to go back again.

Meet Hope Abigail! She arrived Wednesday morning weighing 6 lbs. 11 oz. Her middle name is for the girl we lost 5 years ago.
Congratulations! She is beautiful.

Going to go see if there is anything worth watching on TV before going to bed.

Pooh......you go shop till you drop!!! Our economies need our help....it’s almost a public service we’re doing.......:rolleyes1

mac......you called it with Kfish!!!

MonyK......sounds a lovely weekend.......and hope your August trip comes off......

Kfish........welcome to little Hope......she is adorable!!! You have very beautiful children........and yes, as someone who had older brothers......I agree, she’ll be well looked after!!

Hey to anyone I missed........and still no Vicki..........where are oooooo.......

We had the worst nights sleep ever last night........not just the heat, but we had amazing thunderstorms around 3am......lightning was spectacular......we usually get mediocre lightning but this was worth getting up to watch.........and the rain! But the weirdest thing was the wind......our bedroom door blew right open....never happened before. Although all the windows were open upstairs. Kyle told us this morning his door did the same........it was a howler of a night........

Today is just as hot.......dried my hair with the cool setting this morning......and tomorrow is to be much warmer.......so, doing all our shopping this morning so we can hibernate next few days......rain predicted Saturday though.......

Once we’re home from shopping, meeting friends for lunch......it’s in the local pub in the village so it’s not far to go. They do good food!

Then back to sit in the garden hopefully.......although ground is still drenched from the storm.........this heat will dry it out I guess.

So, have a great Wednesday :wave2:

Kfish, welcome to Hope Abigail!! She's just beautiful!!

Morning, homies! Sitting back with a cup of coffee before I try to make myself look like I'm not auditioning as a scare zone actor. :crazy:

Another beautiful day on tap....mid 50's here this morning....unbelievable! As much rain as we've had this month, it's -0.12 below what we had in June. For the year we're 12.07" ahead of last year......that's a lot of water folks!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Someone let the front porch light on for me! :-)

Wednesday it is.

A Happy Congratulations to little Hope. What a nice family, Kfish with the addition of this July cutie.

And in case all don’t know the day, for those of us working a week day schedule, hump day is here.
BF543122-F33C-48BE-98F3-D883A302E99C.jpeg

A Happy Wednesday!

Lots of noisy rain in the overnight, so damp this morning. But hey, even with chance of rain today, good morning sunshine.

Monykalyn looks like you had a wonderful weekend. And yay for cooler temps. It seems the weather here has cooled off too.
Oh no you missed chick laying her first egg! Was it cuddle chicken?
I love GF, if you can get it at convention rate I’d go for it!

Kfish congrats. Hope is beautiful.

Charade the closest Cheesecake Factory to me is a 3 hr drive to Seattle :guilty: My daughter & I take a long time agreeing on which to pick too. So many choices! Maybe we will do lunch our arrival day! The flight lands around 10:45 am ish at SNA, Uber to hotel and drop off luggage, our room won’t be ready so lunch would be a good idea. I have Tortilla Joe’s dinner ADR. No parks our arrival day. So figured we’d go to DTD, also have to go to ticket booth and sort out dd’s Ticket. She has to trade in her exp ticket for current one. DD was supposed to go on the Christmas trip but got new job and had to cancel.

DL, funny how that works! Since our 2017 trip I think this is my 4th trip lol! I’ve tried to hit up all the holidays. Saw Halloween decorations, Christmas, and was there during the May 4 Starwars days. They turn Space Mtn into Hyperspace Mtn. It’s so fun with the Starwars overlay and blasting off to the theme song!
Our hotel has gone down $300 from initial booking! Thanks to your post about hotels there dropping rates I kept checking.

Schumi yikes! Quite the storm. I’d be up watching the lightning too, it’s a rare occurrence here, and when we get lightning it’s just meh. The last good storm watching was in Orlando! I think I spent an hour sitting on the balcony at wdw resort watching it. Could do without that wind though!
Enjoy your lunch!

Lynne that’s quite the camel! They sure are odd looking creatures! Hope you’re enjoying your tea. It’s 4:30am here, ugh. Yup got up to use the loo, and now can’t get back to sleep.

Dinner was great! The restaurant makes a great authentic Italian pizza. I had the margarita pizza. After dinner we walked to the park on the inlet. Great icecream place there. We all ordered cones and sat down by the water to eat. I had the green tea one. It was a beautiful evening out.
Yuck, I hate having to get up then can’t go back to sleep! Going to Aquafit this morning for the 9:30 class. Then come home and should do a little organizing. Suppose to rain in the morning, haven’t stuck my head out to see if it’s started yet. So good day to get things done around the house.

Good Wednesday morning Sans family :wave2:

AD36B637-42A0-4B0E-953C-152CDD6E13A2.jpeg

306B57A4-5D8D-441E-82B8-16C18BFB5FE3.jpeg

2A8B9179-D670-4C27-9AE4-C43AC31155DE.jpeg

Congratulations to Kstar and family on the arrival of beautiful Hope Abigail.
She is smiling in her sleep.

CFE2AA74-2D52-458A-BEFC-48B57AA2506D.gif

B0193935-2B7B-4C58-BC03-21992AF9F39C.gif

Wow...schumi lightening storms and opening doors.....sounds like an HHN night experience. Enjoy your continued warm weather today and your lunch out with friends today.

Morning, homies! Sitting back with a cup of coffee before I try to make myself look like I'm not auditioning as a scare zone actor. :crazy:

I will join you in the Scare actor auditions this morning......my hair is a mess, but I have a big mug of coffee in my HHN mug. The hot coffee lights up the skeletons eyes and mouth and lights the candles on the mug.

A Happy Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday to you too Lynn.

The doe came up to me yesterday while I was in the backyard. I forgot corn feed at the store the other day. So I will need to go out and get some today.

Have a great Wednesday Sans family.

A quick good morning before I head off to work. We are supposed to have a nice day today. No rain and a high of 81. There is no rain in the forecast for the rest of the week, but temps will start climbing back into the 90s.

We had the worst nights sleep ever last night........not just the heat, but we had amazing thunderstorms around 3am......lightning was spectacular......we usually get mediocre lightning but this was worth getting up to watch.........and the rain! But the weirdest thing was the wind......our bedroom door blew right open....never happened before. Although all the windows were open upstairs. Kyle told us this morning his door did the same........it was a howler of a night........

Sounds a bit scary to me, but I have always hated thunderstorms. Dh and B manage to sleep through them.

They turn Space Mtn into Hyperspace Mtn. It’s so fun with the Starwars overlay and blasting off to the theme song!
Our hotel has gone down $300 from initial booking! Thanks to your post about hotels there dropping rates I kept checking.
They had Hyperspace Mountain open when we were there. I haven’t ridden Space Mountain in Orlando in many years (too jerky) but had to give this one a try. Great deal on the hotel. I wouldn’t have thought to check rates but someone on the DL thread mentioned it.

Time for work.

Charade, yes, it was scary with the winds......never heard that before in summer......we love thunderstorms though, but I can see why folks don’t like them........sorry you didn’t manage to get your friends over....hopefully soon.

Robo......don’t laugh......we saw our first Christmas item yesterday and one garden store is advertising their Christmas July Fayre!!! We moved on quickly..........and most schools here just broke up yesterday......yep, all the stores have school uniforms and school equipment all in stock......with huge back to school signs everywhere!!!

Sue.....yes, storms like that aren’t the norm here........we loved standing watching it over the sea......spectacular......the sky was purple most of the time........magnificent! Enjoy your aqua fit.......

mac.......lol......you’re spot on!!! We can’t see the bedroom door from our bed as there’s a little corridor leading into our room, but when the door burst open I turned thinking Kyle had come in, although he usually knocks....so I was incredibly startled........but Tom quick as a flash said “They’re here” :rotfl:straight from Poltergeist.........lol.......yes, I did hit him with a pillow........it was weird as our doors are solid oak.......I guess it wasn’t quite closed, but for Kyle’s to do the same........:oops:

We did enjoy watching the storm though........it was an incredible sight.

So, we have 92F today........it is blazing hot!!!

We met friends for lunch and it was lovely.......the restaurant does have aircon thankfully, not as good as Florida aircon, but it works.........so we spent a few hours in there........we shared some antipasto, charcuterie and assorted seafood dishes........very nice. My friend Ashley tells the funniest stories.....and she has a weird laugh that sets everyone off around her when she does go into a giggle! So, it was a fun lunch.

Now back home and it’s too darn hot to sit outside........it’s too darn hot inside.........we used to have a portable aircon unit, but it was incredibly noisy and leaked water......so we got rid of them.........but I wish we had them today.........and tomorrow is to be even hotter.

We’re not used to this weather over here.........it is nice though for a change..........everyone is just whooped.....

Although we don’t need dinner we will get the grill out later.....maybe have a little snack of chicken on sticks......Kyle will be in later and they’ll want food......so maybe around 8.30 will cook for them.....well, Tom will!!! I don’t touch the barbecue to cook.

Off for something cold to drink.........

:wave2: A quick stop in! Happy Hump day to anyone who is working!!!!

Sue...your trip sounds wonderful!!! Do you have extra room in your suitcase for a stow away lol. We live in Alberta - Grande Prairie /Peace Region to be exact. We can the mountains on a clear day. We have done many quading trips in the mountains, and the hubby and son go snowmobiling there in the winter - which terrifies me every time. It's dangerous - especially with the warm / extreme cold swings our area seems to get which makes avalanche conditions happen more often. So not too far away from you...about a 9 - 11 hr drive if I remember right.

Schumi...your storms sound like the ones we are having right now. They started last night....and haven't stopped. The weather is just weird around here. Soooooo humid...cool now with the rain, but still so humid and sticky. Lots of thunder and lightening yet with lots of downpours happening sporadically happening yet. The wind is supposed to arrive around lunch time. I'll have to text the youngest to keep and eye out and batten down the hatches once it arrives.. I don't like storms like this.

It was wonderfully hot yesterday. I enjoyed cooking supper on the grill in the summer warm and humidity we seem to have some all the moisture our area has received so far this summer. It started raining while I was doing dishes. So no walk last night. Did get into my project room to put on a clear coat of sealer - was hoping to get one more on. But didn't with all the humidity we have right now. I'll let it dry a bit more before putting another one on. Called my nieces last night as I haven't had a chance to talk to them for a bit. They are busy little girls and only with my sister every other week. So chatting with them is sometimes a challenge.

Not sure what I'm going to whip together for supper tonight. Thinking something in the instant pot again lol. I'll have to hit Pinterest to see if I can find something.
Have a great hump day everyone!!!!

The jacuzzi got lots of use-as a holder for wet swimsuits and towels!
Lololol you too?
Trying to convince the DH that I can do Disney cheap in august-his oldest has a convention at the Grand Floridian that her work is paying for...and plenty of room! Alysa misses Disney bad and wants to go too-she still has friends that can let her into the parks too.
Of course you can! Go for it
Bought our UtH tour tickets, and made fastpasses for our sneak away for Galaxy edge day (although I made the FP for MK as if I am going to Disney I have to go on HM).
Of course you must! See above :)
Wednesday it is.

A Happy Congratulations to little Hope. What a nice family, Kfish with the addition of this July cutie.

And in case all don’t know the day, for those of us working a week day schedule, hump day is here.
View attachment 419556

A Happy Wednesday!

Lots of noisy rain in the overnight, so damp this morning. But hey, even with chance of rain today, good morning sunshine.
Best part of wednesday is camel pics
Already starting to see Halloween items in stores here.

View attachment 419565G
I’m jealous, none in WM or Target yesterday & today...hmmph

I’m jealous, none in WM or Target yesterday & today...hmmph

My husband never goes shopping and last week we went out to dinner and decided to look in a few shops for a small foot stool to put under his office desk. We stopped at the “At Home” Store. It’s a a massive home decor store. They had a lot of Halloween decorations out......LOL.....he went off looking in one direction of the store and I went to the Halloween stuff and about 25 minutes later he had me paged to the front of the store........so I took up the skeleton in the toilet and asked him to pushed the button.....It was so funny 😂

We then went to Home Goods and they were putting their Halloween things out.

he went off looking in one direction of the store and I went to the Halloween stuff and about 25 minutes later he had me paged to the front of the store........so I took up the skeleton in the toilet and asked him to pushed the button.....It was so funny 😂
Hahahaha love it. I’m waiting for spencer’s To open shop love playing with the animatronics.

The nearest big lots is a bit of a haul for me. If you happen To see they’ve put out their goodies, make sure to post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts