Something About Nothing ... #12

Yes Buckeev I remember you had the flooding and it caused great issues for your relative

Did you get his house fixed up yet?

It has to be many many months to get your area back to normal
Thought some sections are still unable to recover

I’m on a ridge so above any possible flood issues

But to get off the ridge to the main drag is okay ... kind of as 5 -6 blocks down that road is a creek

That area floods the intersection
But never more than a day

Our house is all electric
So sandwiches can be dinner if power is out for a long time

Buckeev how was your spring vacation?
Any plans to return again this fall?

Closer.
Many.
Many.
Safer.
Good.
Yikes.
Tolerable.
Ditto.
Yummm.
OK.
Yes.

:love1:

I take that as still a lot of work and money to get the house back to the normal state

Sigh....
Wish it were better news

Sending you Mummy Dust

Waiting for stay shower to pass so i can. Go grill the steaks. Mr brought me home a payday candy bar from work ‘just because’. Keep the flowers, man knows me well.

Lynne use this to get the kiddos up in the morning.

View attachment 332049

Lol we have one too among other minion goodies

Keisha, even though our power is laid underground, it is hooked up to the lines overhead down the road

So if that power goes out, ours does too
We’ve only had the power off 4.5 hours so far
House is still cooler than the outside
Don’t want to open windows tonight as it is worse outside than inside

First outage for us in 2.5 years here

No backups
No basement

Have you figured out where you huddle in case of a tornado?

Well it was a giant spider, bigger than a quarter...

That is terrifying! I'm gonna scream all night at HHN aren't I?

I can't drink anything else if I drink champagne-I get violently ill if I do. Just champagne-fine. Never mix.

Drank coffee on the deck this am. Cuddle chicken spent most of the morning with me. Then went off to lay her egg. And I went to the garden-anyone need giant 4# zucchini? or Jalapenos? I have 2 (2!) zucchini plants and boy are they producing, and on jalapeno plant yet I have a ton from them as well.
So nice out today! Had to come in to clean, now taking a break between laundry loads...

Screaming is half the fun:), one of the few places you can let ‘Er rip and nobody gives you the eye

Eek, no power Mac. I hope you get it back soon, if not already.

Eek, Keisha spawn flooded. I saw news on your part of the world, and wow. Death from it too. We also had a death from our flooding the other day. Some guy got sucked into sewer drain. Oops. I hope son’s house dries out and installs a French drain and or sub pump and gets his power back pronto. Our pump worked fine until the power went out. After that episode, we put a battery hook up to it, so if power goes out again, battery can be hooked up. Luckily, battery has not been needed.

Other little zoo visit this morning. Started to rain more heavily, so headed to the mall. Bought a cute pair of sandals, and of course, little one got a cutier pair of slides, and a pretty pair of heals.

Now, it is what for dinner game. Thinking of pizza. Seems like a good night for it.

Patty, good to hear from ya, and enjoy, you indeed, only live once. Relaxing is part of any vacation.

MonyK, we would gladly take the peppers. DH loves hot food, and we would dry some too.

Haha, Robo, I should get that fart blaster. Of course Mac owns one. LOL

they showed the drain clip on the local news. Can you imagine, poor dude. Like a horror movie way to die

Yikes! Now they lead by 6...think I'll watch the ER marathon instead.

Hi monyk and Lynne... :wave2:you snuck in while I was slowly typing on my phone.

There are worse things than staring @ a young George Clooney.

Quick drive by........

Apologies ladies for lack of emails.............:wave2:

Had beautiful weather and thoroughly loving this little mini break away with family and some time away........was a little wild when we arrived up here, but been glorious last few days and hot!!

Hotel is beautiful, food has been wonderful, so diet has flown out the window :blush:..........and champagne cocktails have been prevalent........:thumbsup2

Not home till late Tuesday night.........but having an earlyish night tonight...........been a hectic 5 days.......

Catch youse soon.........

Robo, love the Scottish meme..........:laughing:

Hey Carole :wave2: nice to hear from you.

Thanks Vicki.........always a busy time up here........don’t really get strong internet connection a lot and don’t always have the time to look.........heading to bed soon, all this fresh air is tiring........:D

Hope you’re doing ok.........:wave2:

I take that as still a lot of work and money to get the house back to the normal state

Sigh....
Wish it were better news

Sending you Mummy Dust
Thankx! I'll take it! We just finished the floors last week and moved him back in Saturday. Still a LOT to do, but yeah...nothing about 20K wouldn't fix. He's a happy camper now...hated the apartments we had him in. (after he spent about 3 or 4 months here.)

Buckeev, I bet he is loving to be back in his home again.
You are so good to him!

But then, that is the type of guy you are!

Good evening. Another mostly lazy day today. We had lunch with some friends from church. A young couple who used to be part of our church but moved to NC 2 years ago were in town. They just had their second baby a couple off weeks ago. She is adorable.
Speaking of babies, I just learned that B’s former Girl Scout leader is going to be a grandmother soon. I was a bit surprised since she is only going to be 43 next month. When I was 43 I had a 10 year old.

Hope you had good and not weird dreams. I do the same thing!
No weird dreams for me, but dh said he had a bad dream about being unemployed and having to move back in with his parents.

Quick drive by........

H Schumi!

Back to work, a dream? Nope, Monday. upload_2018-6-25_6-43-53.jpeg. Even though it was a stay home vacation, it was so nice to just chill, get the house in better shape, and some zoo visits, movies, and some shopping. Now, all are working. Camp starts today, and yay, both kids on same schedule for 8 weeks. And yay, after a lightning filled early evening, this morning, a sunny 65, and bright blue sky. Oh yea, 80's this week, yes summer weather, welcome.

Buckeev, you're a good soul.

Charade and Mac, eh, too late for me to post when you both were up.

Charade, me too, little one was 10, and older one was 14, when I was I was 45. I always seem to find the team moms from both kids' teams over the years, tended to be at least a decade younger than me.

Keisha, enjoy that chocolate, sweet of DH. Hope your grilled steaks were good.

Schumi, glad to hear you are having a busy visit, and enjoying family, and lush food and drink.

With that, tea is me, and warming up. That AC is cranking up.

Have a great, monumental Monday. And little traffic, as not coming from the shore. LOL

Good morning. Monday again and back to work. I really don’t want to deal with people today. I’m taking another day off tomorrow. B earned free admission to Girl Scout day at an indoor waterpark, so that’s where we will be all day tomorrow. She is allowed to bring a guest at at discount rate, so she asked a friend from school. She gave B her address so we could pick her up in the morning and she lives in our old neighborhood. We were neighbors for 7 years, but she and B never met until this past school year.

Lynne, I used to be a night owl until B was born. I was up late last night because I made the mistake of taking a nap yesterday afternoon.

I actually have some time to kill before I need to leave for work. That doesn’t happen very often.

Good morning everyone :coffee:

I took a 3 hour nap yesterday when I got home from work so that I would be awake for the Preacher season premiere and for some reason it kept going out on my TV so I had to keep switching back and forth to watch. The picture was fine on all my other channels so it must have been an AMC thingo_O What did you think Janet? I'll have to rewatch next week when I can see all of it.

We had a friend stay over last night on our couch due to a bad domestic situation...wish we had room to let her stay longer until she can figure out what to do but we only have 2 bedrooms. It's sad when a man controls all the finances and the woman gets left with nothing :sad2: She will probably lose her car too since it's in his name.

Good news is we're going to see the new Jurassic movie today to take her mind off things.

Stay cool homies....it's supposed to be a heat index of 104 here today .. definitely time to crank up the AC :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter