Something About Nothing ... #12

Schumi- Yep- a wine cellar would be great!! Hey- maybe I can turn Kyle's bedroom into one now that he'll be away???

Hi Pcstang!!

Lynne- Hope your weather changes for the better! We have simply lovely weather(for a change!)

I'm going on to my second cup of coffee- Monday started much too early!!

images

Patty, I need more tea. Yep, going to be one of those days. I'll take lovely weather. June has been 10 degrees cooler than average. Lizard weather, yes please. HaHa, a coworker said we should just get colorful winter clothes to wear now. I agree, sweater on, and I'm still cold.

Bobbie, glad to hear your enjoyed CB. It will be the first time I am staying there. I like there's close access to VB, as I enjoyed that park during the week between Christmas and New Year's. We stayed at RPR that time. For some reason, I could not get RPR at a good rate for October, even a year out, so it's CB this time. And don't worry about the drive. While long, it's mostly highway, so fire up some good songs, and make a least a stop or two to stretch the legs. For us, it's about an 18 hour drive. Years ago, when we were first married, we left WDW at 6am, and pulled into our driveway at 12 midnight, as we had drove straight through. On the way down, we stopped in SC, as we visited with a friend of my DH. Then we only stopped for gas and food, and made it by dinner time the next day. Now, I fly, I am not a fan of long drives, but I don't mind it. Last summer, I drove from Ft. L to KW and back, and two week-ends ago, a 5 and 6 hour drive across our state. I actually like highway more than stop and go traffic. The most fun I had was the highways in California. 7 to 8 lanes across each way.

This must be Schumi's room:

upload_2018-6-11_8-27-35.jpeg

Robo! So glad to hear from you. Hope your healing goes quickly.

What's with all the wine posts?? I'm reading this at 9 am so I'm not in the mood to have wine. I should have checked last night so I could have been drinking with y'all.

@pattyw can you spare a little more wine? I am feeling sorry for myself having to cancel my entire 2018 vacation. Pour me a glass...I can toast us both.
You deserve a glass - every night until your next vacation. I like patty's use of postpone better than cancel though.

I forgot to add Zaxby to the chicken places down here

If you love chicken, you will find many places in the South

I love one of their salads. I think it's called Black and Blue. There used to be a Zaxby's just a couple miles from my house. I haven't had it since we moved since I haven't noticed one. Now I want to go look it up.

Now onto my Monday. Kid 2 is still sleeping. All the kids have schoolwork to do at some point today and Kid 2 has a friend coming over all afternoon so we should really start getting something done soon.

You inspired me to buy some new types of hot sauce this morning from our deli...….one looks positively nuclear!!!! Hope so...…..:D

I miss Mad Hattered…...he was a real expert on hot sauce if I remember correctly...….and a darn nice guy all round!!!

He is the best.
Wonderful homie too

He was the type of dude that would do anything for you and you knew you could count on him.

and especially of all, he knew his hot sauce !

Loved FTWD. Glad to see Preacher firing up soon to fill the void
Well, finally got CB at almost the same rate as my offsite rate, so I am now onsite for October and August, though biting the bullet and staying at Portofino in August. Oh and of course, the one time I stay more than 8 nights with Loews in a year, and their reward program ends this year.

Ooh Keisha, any downward car rates? I wish, as both my August and October rates are significantly higher than last year. Thankfully, airfare was around the same rate.

Hehe, DH is watching Mirror Mirror with me, waiting out for the 10 o’clock news.

Rates are sluggish. I’m sitting on highest rate ever for July. Argh wish Priceline didn’t change their bidding system.

U can register ur current rental info with AutoSlash. Even if not booked thru them. They will monitor it and send mail link when it does. Thus far always winds up vis Priceline but vendor is revealed

images
-hehe, what we should study. LOL

Keisha, thanks for the website. Yeah, not happy with the rates, and yeah, not cool with Priceline's changes either. I keep trolling Alamo, and looking for better coupons than the one I have, and hoping for insider free one upgrade. For now, I can live with what I have, but still not that happy about it.

He is the best.
Wonderful homie too

He was the type of dude that would do anything for you and you knew you could count on him.

and especially of all, he knew his hot sauce !

He really was a stand up guy, and yes, wouldn't let you down. That's for sure......and Dana was so lovely too.

I wish he`d come back.....I really do.

WE met them for lunch a few years back.....same day as one of my crown fiasco`s.....then we literally ran into them last year as we were leaving the park......it was a brief catch up, but nice all the same.

Hi everyone. I’m on lunch break right now. Not much going on today. It rained again last night and is gloomy out today.

Never had White Castle either, only site nearby closed when i was a tot. Do see them ‘boxed’ in freezer section @ aldis. Not brave enough to try
The frozen ones aren’t that good in my opinion. We have neither Krystal nor White Castle near me, but I have eaten both in the past.

I forgot to add Zaxby to the chicken places down here
We had a Zaxby for a little while, but it closed after less then a year. The building is currently being converted into a Hardee’s.

Little one's countdown is 4 and counting. Done on Thursday, and I will officially have a Senior high school student.
B has her yearbook senior picture on Thursday. It just seems too soon.

What's with all the wine posts?? I'm reading this at 9 am so I'm not in the mood to have wine. I should have checked last night so I could have been drinking with y'all.
Am I the only one here who doesn’t drink wine?

Guess I should get back to work. Don’t have much to do today.

Keep a wine bottle at your desk in the drawer.
It will make the day go by faster.

Or, it could make you not care what you do that day.......
jk

Lynne - If you haven't already, check Expedia and Orbitz regularly for Cabana Bay. They also sometimes have a 20% off coupon. Also, when using them, don't put kids under 18 on the reservation since they may charge more even though the hotel's actual policy is not to. Just make sure you aren't over max occupancy and it's easy to add in at check-in. We did that when we stayed once. We needed two rooms so I spent a lot of time checking. We were able to get the rooms for under $100 a night the third week of April then. (I think it was $94 before hotel taxes and fees, though $108 with). The one minus is that I had to pay upfront. I did make a reservation for the wrong dates at first so I did try out the refund policy and it worked out well. (It was all back until within the hotel's timeline that they say one night is owed). I don't remember if it was Expedia or Orbitz though since I kept checking both.

Thanks Kolby, I do try both. For now, Bookings had it the cheapest I could find, and only had to put one night down deposit, with full refund until 5 days before checking in cancellation. I do check every so often, as I also do for airfare, and rental car. So far, got CB at the rate my off site was, though no free breakfast, but I like the idea of staying onsite, even if no EP. Airfare, got almost 5,000 points back, so that was nice, but still no other savings, and rental, well, down about 40 dollars, but still higher then I ever expected.

Hi everyone. I’m on lunch break right now. Not much going on today. It rained again last night and is gloomy out today.

The frozen ones aren’t that good in my opinion. We have neither Krystal nor White Castle near me, but I have eaten both in the past.

We had a Zaxby for a little while, but it closed after less then a year. The building is currently being converted into a Hardee’s.

B has her yearbook senior picture on Thursday. It just seems too soon.

Am I the only one here who doesn’t drink wine?

Guess I should get back to work. Don’t have much to do today.

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like wine! IRL anyway........I know a couple on here not fussed.......

We belong to several wine clubs and have done for years........it’s a lot of fun! But all my friends are mainly wine drinkers........:scratchin although......we are big cocktail fans too.....:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter