Something About Nothing ... #12

Seems like a Saturday to me....
Just a laid back day at my place today.

Charade, at least you did buy something for yourself when you went for navy pants and didn't get them.
Me too on the postage stamps.
My mom had many of the forever stamps as she would buy them a couple of times a month knowing postage would rise in the next years.

I'm still using the old forever Flag stamps....

Hope MonyK has safely arrived in Orlando now.

We have had a few showers during the day this week, but nothing like other peeps have had.
It did bring our temps down to 80, which is a good thing.

Think we will have a few days next week where it will have some periods of heavy rain.
Not a problem for me but it means the grass will be mowed more than once a week.

Good afternoon all! Been a busy day! Had today off- I've been cutting grass all day!! We have almost an acre of land so it takes forever! and with all the rain and fertilizer sprayed it was so long I had to cut it twice!! I'm exhausted!

Have to get ready as we're volunteering at DS old high school tonight- they're having a meat raffle and DH and I are the "money counters". Fun event and for a good cause!

Hope everyone has a great night!

Counting $$ is a fun job...

I hope you have a rider mower and not a push one since you have a lot of land!
We have just under one acre in our back yard.
Mr Mac did the mowing the first 3-4 months we were here.

We hired a company soon after as they had the rider mowers and we have the push one

MonyK, hope your fun in Orlando has already started.

Downpours with lots of rain and cool Saturday.

Ha, late last night, little one asked me if she could go over her friend’s at 6am to watch the British wedding. Umm, I said probably no, I doubt you would be up in time for that. It is 8:30, DH, older one and I are the only ones awake.

So long shirt on, pants on, raincoat and umbrella.

Older one was with his friends and saw Deadpool last night. He wants to see it again with little one and me two hours from now.

With that, I am going to run for some coffee, then wake little one up.

Have a superlastic, superb Saturday.

:wave2: Mac. We are at 57 right now, with high of 62. No sympathy. LOL

Good Saturday morning homies!

Have a great weekend
And for Monyk, enjoy Orlando !
Thanks Mac! Hoping to hear from Schumi later to see if we can meet up sometime this weekend.
Drove hubs to airport this am. Left at 5:50 this am ugh! Got there in plenty of time. Stopped at a Publix on way back (took 417 from Sanford) and when I pulled off exit the gps told me too I immediately recognized the intersection:rotfl:. Perhaps I've spent too much time driving around here? It's right by the DCP kids apartments.
Staying at a Cypress pointe in 2 bedroom condo. Nice unit but omg the parking sucks.

Think we are gonna head to Epcot in a bit. MK is open until midnight tonight so I suspect we may hit that up tonight if it isn't monsoon rain. Will need a nap today though.

Meeting the daughter and her family went really well. Grand son is adorable- took him awhile to warm up naturally but then he cried when we left. He was a bit better after we told him we'd see him again when he went to see Mickey Mouse.

Have a great day all SANS peeps:jumping1:

Glad Monyk is having a great trip
Such an early morning start for her!

Watched the wedding as was awake at 4:30 this morning

Now to start my day and make coffee and find something to eat in this dump
Lpl

Our temps not as high today
Should top out at 84 but tomorrow back in the upper 80’s

Have a great time, MonyK!

It is our last full day at the parks. Kinda sad. A week never seems to be long enough. Was hoping to have a Schumi sighting, but no such luck. I have kept my eye out, though.

It is a beautiful, sunshiny morning and the family is all crashed. I even opened up the curtains to let the light in and nobody budged. Guess I need to make some noise.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

Get the fog horn out House! LOL

I have teen and adult kid, I can relate.

Movie time is 10:30, now 10:10 and theater is not open.

Winter jacket on and huddled under entry eve. This is not the May I want to have. And buckets of rain and flooded roads commute.

Yay for Monykalyn, they have arrived!

Coffee drank and a chaser of popcorn will commence.

Shout out to the theater, hey cold and damp out here. Let me in!

Later homies, ready for a raunchy laugh.

3house, hope you do get a Schumi sighting and be able to connect with her

The last day in the park is when you do double time and hit everything that is in it

Hope no rain for you and you do have fun today

Get the fog horn out House! LOL

I have teen and adult kid, I can relate.

Movie time is 10:30, now 10:10 and theater is not open.

Winter jacket on and huddled under entry eve. This is not the May I want to have. And buckets of rain and flooded roads commute.

Yay for Monykalyn, they have arrived!

Coffee drank and a chaser of popcorn will commence.

Shout out to the theater, hey cold and damp out here. Let me in!

Later homies, ready for a raunchy laugh.

Hope they let you in quickly. I don’t like cold & wet. Enjoy the movie!

Got the clan up to breakfast. Hoping this coffee will make the double time a bit easier.

Another gloomy, rainy day today. DH will be at graduation most of the day. B and I just finished watching Avengers Age of Ultron. B has a “picnic” to go to soon. It has been moved to the school cafeteria. I might try to do a little more shopping this afternoon. I’m still on the hunt for navy pants.

My cat, who generally ignores all the toys we have bought him, has suddenly become fascinated with an old catnip mouse. He is running all over the house with it and throwing it around.

I hope those of you at the parks are having a great time. I had another dream about the parks last night. I really want to go back. I guess I will just have to make due with a trip to Busch Gardens.

Hit multiple festival kiosks including our favorite with lemon scones. Now waiting in line for Soarin as we have time to kill before Behind the seeds tour. The CM at the desk gave DD the CM discount - the took a class together last semester! Money saved on a spontaneous tour.
Sunny and HOT. But clouds rolling in so might as well wait it out in the Land- beat the crowds escaping rain!

Attachments

• 12372450-58A1-41E4-A790-FEDCA2550D61.jpeg
    12372450-58A1-41E4-A790-FEDCA2550D61.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 5
I slept in today :cloud9:7:30 am lol but it felt amazing! Would’ve pulled covers over head but GD had a 10 am softball game, since when did they start games that early? :confused3

Can’t remember if i did the grandma brag on it, but wanted to shout it out that she won 1st place in her level in State completion in vault. Only her 2nd year in gymnastics, pretty sweeeet! :banana:

Haven’t had a Carole sighting for a bit. Forget how long she’ll be enjoying Orlando this time.

Good afternoon all! Been a busy day! Had today off- I've been cutting grass all day!! We have almost an acre of land so it takes forever! and with all the rain and fertilizer sprayed it was so long I had to cut it twice!! I'm exhausted!

Have to get ready as we're volunteering at DS old high school tonight- they're having a meat raffle and DH and I are the "money counters". Fun event and for a good cause!

Hope everyone has a great night!

Meat raffle? Now, that is a new one on me but sure sounds like a good idea. I’m sick of the purse bashes & gun raffle tix, not that i win, but would be nice to win something I could really use

Current weather conditions:

Today was errand day. Went to Walmart to buy general toiletries and laundry stuff. Then went to Kohls to look for a pair of navy pants. Found a nice pair, but even the “short” size was too long. Ended up buying a shirt and bedroom slippers instead. Also had to go to the post office because we finally ran out of the roll of stamps we bought 7 or 8 years ago.
Dh is at baccalaureate tonight and B is at a dance rehearsal. I was going to watch another Avegers movie tonight, but B wants to see it too, so I am waiting until tomorrow morning.

MonyK - I hope you get good weather for Savannah. It’s a really nice city to visit. We have been a couple of times (B is a Girl Scout, so it’s almost required to go), but we have had a run of bad luck when we visit. I’d like to try going again one more time before B graduates. Maybe the third time will be the charm.

WM & Sams represent my closest grocery store. Not an issue buying in bulk, prefer it as it equals less trips. Will say though that it’s even nicer having Amazon drop paper goods, soap, laundry detergent etc on my porch.

DiL orders her groceries at various stores here online & picks her stuff up, very popular here. Many stores do free home delivery too. I’m picky, want to squeeze the produce myself but a great option for the homebound.

Seems like a Saturday to me....
Just a laid back day at my place today.

Charade, at least you did buy something for yourself when you went for navy pants and didn't get them.
Me too on the postage stamps.
My mom had many of the forever stamps as she would buy them a couple of times a month knowing postage would rise in the next years.

I'm still using the old forever Flag stamps....

Hope MonyK has safely arrived in Orlando now.

We have had a few showers during the day this week, but nothing like other peeps have had.
It did bring our temps down to 80, which is a good thing.

Think we will have a few days next week where it will have some periods of heavy rain.
Not a problem for me but it means the grass will be mowed more than once a week.

I’m still working my last book too, Xmas stamps from a few years ago. Basically, only use for greeting cards. Everything else is paid via online banking.

You guessed right, Saturday, saturday, saturday - night now. :duck: Channeling Elton, he looked dapper at the royal wedding today. Yes, i taped it, settled in this afternoon and watched with relish. Every now & then i turn into a girl. Disappointed in the dress.:scratchin

Me too, Keisha, I thought it almost looked too big for her. That length of train was crazy. Did not watch it live either. Via news was good enough for me.

Deadpool was good. Enjoyed some of the humor, and while parts dragged, was overall a just as good sequel.

Quiet night, which is fine with me. Pasta and onion rings for dinner. Made myself a coke float. Had not had that in not sure how long.

Yep, finally went through my roll of forever flag stamps, now using Xmas forever ones bought years ago for the few bills I still mail.

Crap, just broke my pinky nail. Need the file. Pooh.

With that, nada on the boob tube, so sayonara homies, sound slumber this Saturday night, and a lazy Sunday morning for ya.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Found something interesting on the pad, and :scared1: it is after midnight.

This early bird is shocked the night owls aren’t here.

Hey, older one, lights out for you too, and noisy neighbor car/truck, turn it off.

Light on for you owls, I am outta here. Nighty night.

D283B996-658C-44F3-AD55-70D916771CC4.jpeg

Ah, it is Sunday.

Need to charge the pad. Oops.

Time for news and a cup of tea.

Good morning homies! I hope all of you had a wild Saturday night. I won’t sound the alarm, sleep in, it is Sunday.

And still have the light on, another gray start to this Sunday.

Hey homies :yay:
End of the week end

Got up at 4:30 Saturday and watched the wedding live

Well, it was different than prince Charles wedding

Warm weather for us
Turned the ac on weeks back and it’s not gonna be turned off for months

Anyone still watching Fear the Dead?

I will be watching tonight

Enjoy your last day before it’s back to work in the morning

Morning Lynne, Mac. Kinda awake. Went back to MK for couple hours after dinner last night. Rain had stopped, and we had dinner in Disney Springs everywhere else was crazy on a Saturday night at 8 pm. Today is sleep in, do nothing day.

I was back in time from airport to watch live the carriage ride after the wedding. Kidult and I watched most of the replay in afternoon hiding out from storms, laying in the big comfy bed (so glad I got the condo for the days we are here). We thought Meghan was trying not to laugh during parts of the sermon.

Debating on getting up to turn coffee pot on...I didn't think I'd ever be hungry again after yesterday (stopped for ice cream at the Plaza on way out of MK too).

I'm still watching Fear but the time jumps are making me nuts!

Enjoy Take-it-easy Sunday. :flower1:

Monyk how long will you be in Orlando?

Is your drive about 11 hours ?
Drive is closer to 16-17. But I'm flying out at 2:50 Monday on Allegiant- flies direct to Springfield. Kidult has check in at 8:30am tomorrow, then casting at 10:30 and drug test at 2:30. So sometime between 10:30-12 she will take me to Sanford.

Back in 2 weeks for 2 weeks-driving that time. But means I can pack more stuff lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter