• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Morning homies and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

@Lynne G Glad it sounds like you're getting a break with the bad weather. 6:45 and we're already in the low 60's....going to be another hot one here today.

@Charade67 Jury duty??? Of all the rotten things to happen! I do hope he's able to get out of it or at least put off until you get back from CA!

Busy day here. Need to clean bathrooms (don't be jealous, it's a glamorous life), laundry (always with the laundry!) and hit the grocery store.

The bright spot is that Momma doesn't cook on Friday and I'm seeing a nice spicy curry in my future!

Good Friday morning homies!
I’m rushing to get dressed as need to leave for my hopefully last doc check up

I better get an A+ on today’s test

Catch you all later!

Have a great day and start on your 3 day weekend

PoohisHome.........yay for spicy curry!!!! Enjoy.......no cooking for me either tonight.......charcuterie with little sides and made some rosemary bread this morning.......

mac.......good luck with the tests.....hope you pass with flying colours........

Yep, Friday it is........and we feel fabulous this morning! Best we’ve felt coming home yet from a trip.......

Stayed up till 11pm and slept till 7 this morning......feel bright as a button.......having a sleep on the plane and having a car service makes such a difference........

Did some grocery shopping and visited a few local stores for goodies......then finished the ironing and made some bread.......and another beautiful day here........almost tropical!

Chicken salad with honey mustard dressing for lunch and charcuterie tonight.......visited the deli earlier. Lush! And no cooking which is even better.......:thumbsup2

Have a great Friday.........:wave2:

Good morning everyone. Today is the last day of school. I still can’t believe it.
Today is senior breakfast followed by graduation practice. The school is requiring all the students to wear their cap and gown, but also to dress up like they are going to dress tomorrow. I don’t really see why dress clothes are necessary for practice. The dress code for girls is a dark, solid color dress. I was observing the students this morning when I dropped B off. Most of the girls I saw were wearing black. A few were in navy. My kid is standing out in dark purple.

I’m off to do some fun, exciting house cleaning.

. For all you dog and cat families:

Love that!!

Patty, lucky you, to enjoy that steamy end of May in FLA. Safe travels to you.

Yep- we are truly on the surface of the sun this weekend! Can't complain! I complain about cold, snow, rain.... but not heat!!:)

Back home........

Welcome home!:)

80 days till our DL trip in August!

Yay!!

Make a mean pizzelle but can’t find my cast iron maker that goes on stove top, have been managing with store bought. I try to fool myself & say they or a biscotti are healthy addition to my am coffee as breakfast most days.

Sounds like a healthy breakfast to me!:rolleyes1

Great news!!!:)

Counting down to vacation we leave in 30 days:woohoo:

Yay!!!

Sending well wishes your way!!!:goodvibes

Happy cleaning!! Your trip is near!!!:thumbsup2

Happy TGIF all!!

Made it to Orlando yesterday evening!! My heat was on in my house yesterday morning and now.... we are smoking hot with temps climbing to the mid-high 90s this weekend!!! WOW!!

Mac- Tony Hinds picked us up yesterday! He is just the sweetest man ever!! A true angel on earth!!:)

Checked in at The Swan last night! Here's our view this morning:

TOT!!!

thumbnail_IMG_6462.jpg

Off to Hollywood Studios soon! We have lunch with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby. Tonight we're doing the Studios After hours!! Long day! But, the graduation celebration has begun!!

Have a great day all!!

b37bb4d9f65bf07888ac6476316cfb09.jpg

Lynne so what was the hurricane forecast for this summer looking like? So far we’ve been lucky just missing them. The last one, Irma we missed by 2 days.
Cooled down significantly here today. Rained over night cloudy this morning with periods of rain. The forecast is also rainy periods for tomorrow and we have 11 coming for a bbq.

Pooh enjoy your dinner tonight!

Mac good luck on your tests this morning.

Schumi good to hear you aren’t jet lagged. Chicken salad sounds good!

Charade yay for last day of school. Enjoy your house cleaning, me too!

Pattyw welcome to the surface of the sun, lol! We used Tony H to take us to MCO going home. Very nice man!
Great view from your room wow! We’ve never stayed at Swan/Dolphin. But we love staying in that area and have enjoyed a few stays at YC/BC. We used to go to the icecream place in the Dolphin but then they switched icecream brands to something not very good so we stopped. And now with Ample Hills open......
One day I’d like to try Swolfin.
Lunch at BD with imagineer sounds so fun! We love the Cobb Salad and will go there for lunch for it!

Enjoy Friday everyone! Our weather has gone downhill today. So a good day to do housecleaning. It’s 7:20am here and everyone seems to be up and about early.

Have a great trip Patty.....weather was blisteringly hot when we left and they were expecting even hotter this weekend at 100F!!! Stay cool........enjoy that lunch sounds like a lot of fun.......

Sue, thanks......yes no jet lag is a dream! Can’t believe how good we feel......oh dull days are perfect for housework......don’t do too much though.....I’ve heard it’s not good for you......:laughing: Hope your weather clears up for tomorrow....might not be as bad as they say......

Sun is still shining.......:sunny:

Just had the man from the company who is actually doing our driveway, starting next week call in to make sure everything is all good for them......very reassuring.......so it’ll start Tuesday as Monday is a Bank Holiday......kinda nervous about the mess it’ll cause......lots of dust when they’re digging it all up first.....should take them 3 or 4 days just to dig out the land apparently, and they go deep.......doesn’t sound like fun to be around.

I may shop a lot next few weeks ::yes::

Hey all! Who has plans? Well, besides Pattyw lol lucky duck!

Mr hit the jackpot today, home this am at 8:30 am from working midnight shift and he gets to head back out at 2:30 pm to do it again. Finger’s crossed he has weekend off. Two BDs I need to celebrate :). Probably should cross off buying their presents lol. At least there are tons of Memorial Day sales.

Could be. Lorie & Glen. I can’t remember their names on the boards. I wasn’t on Dis back then. Only Passporter. I felt there were too many snarky people on Dis! But I’ve dived in and learned how to avoid them :upsidedow
That sounds familiar. I really loved the PB boards, didn’t think they were still up & running. Will say their books were truly helpful. Gave many as gifts to Noobs over the years

Good Friday morning homies!

Catch you all later!

Have a great day and start on your 3 day weekend

Did you take your crib notes with you :). Good luck

Stayed up till 11pm and slept till 7 this morning......feel bright as a button.......having a sleep on the plane and having a car service makes such a difference........

You are such a road warrior. I still don’t feel quite right...well, in a different sense than usual

So, how’s the new ride?

Good morning everyone. Today is the last day of school. I still can’t believe it.
Today is senior breakfast followed by graduation practice. The school is requiring all the students to wear their cap and gown, but also to dress up like they are going to dress tomorrow. I don’t really see why dress clothes are necessary for practice. The dress code for girls is a dark, solid color dress. I was observing the students this morning when I dropped B off. Most of the girls I saw were wearing black. A few were in navy. My kid is standing out in dark purple.

IDK, at our school they just ask that under the gowns you wear clothes - period. Why set the bar too high?

Do they have actual graduation indoors or out? Back in my day it was in the auditorium but AC not the greatest, switched to HS football field. Like it outdoors better anyway. The screaming kids’ voices tend to dissipate on the wind.
Off to Hollywood Studios soon! We have lunch with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby. Tonight we're doing the Studios After hours!! Long day! But, the graduation celebration has begun!!

Ooooh, need a mini review on both the meal experience & the Swan. Have only done the Dolphin when we can’t get into BWV. Think it’s great despite the fees, but do like how non valet parking is closer to the Swan which seems to offer a less frentic lobby too...enjoy!

Mr hit the jackpot today, home this am at 8:30 am from working midnight shift and he gets to head back out at 2:30 pm to do it again. Finger’s crossed he has weekend off. Two BDs I need to celebrate :). Probably should cross off buying their presents lol. At least there are tons of Memorial Day sales.

You are such a road warrior. I still don’t feel quite right...well, in a different sense than usual

So, how’s the new ride?

Oh yes, fingers and toes crossed he gets the weekend off......couple of birthdays is always nice to celebrate....

Lol.....not sure about the warrior bit......having a decent sized comfy seat on the plane helps and car service means we can sleep most of the way home......certainly works for us!

Pick up the car tomorrow :thumbsup2 .......showroom is a fair distance away from us, so up early for the drive there......no local dealer as there aren’t many Porsche dealerships around......they’re sending a car to pick us up to take us, Kyle could have driven us in his car but he wants to ride home in the new car too......so this works better. Looking forward to getting it now.........:car: will send you a picture of it.........

Thinking about going to lay out charcuterie and little bits to go with it........not that hungry yet, but all of a sudden I’ll be starving.........

Glass of Chardonnay in hand..........::yes::

Charade great pic! I never thought to do that, getting pic of last time leaving school, what a great ides.

Keishashadow no, Passporter not there anymore. They shut down earlier this year, a few months ago. Even though I rarely went on that board the past few years, I was sad it shut down. It was, in its day a very helpful board, I got the book too! And met some great people, one which became a good friend in real life! My L.A. friend. We frequently vacation together.

Charade great pic! I never thought to do that, getting pic of last time leaving school, what a great ides.

Keishashadow no, Passporter not there anymore. They shut down earlier this year, a few months ago. Even though I rarely went on that board the past few years, I was sad it shut down. It was, in its day a very helpful board, I got the book too! And met some great people, one which became a good friend in real life! My L.A. friend. We frequently vacation together.

Aw, a shame. I remember when their son was a baby. Curious as to whether they did updates on him, last I recall wasn’t even school age.

Sue, was said average to slightly above average, whatever that means. The only 2 times I was in FLA during a hurricane was beginning of October and third week in December, never when we went end of August. Go figure.

Some shopping, now at zoo, as such a nice day. Traffic down to zoo, horrible, as road ends up being the bridge to the shore points a bit past we get off, and the road also then merges right past our zoo exit, from 3 to 2 lanes. Here is hoping a better commute home. Still busy at zoo, for a Friday afternoon.

Oh and hope you test shows you pass with flying colors, Mac.

And a wahoo, Schumi gets her new car.

And Patty is enjoying the mouse house.

Some time to kill before B goes to her very last dance class. Next weekend is recital.

We all went out to lunch today. B had been out of school for maybe 30 minutes and we ran into her English teacher at the restaurant.

Hope everything went well at the doctor today.

Made it to Orlando yesterday evening!!

Checked in at The Swan last night! Here's our view this morning:

Awesome view. I would love to have dinner with an Imagineer sometime. Maybe one day we will budget for it.

Hey all! Who has plans?
Well, you all know my plans for tomorrow. Monday we might go to the zoo in Richmond. It all depends on the weather.

IDK, at our school they just ask that under the gowns you wear clothes - period. Why set the bar too high?
I agree, but I guess they are trying to make sure students dress appropriately. I think some of them would show up in swimwear if they thought they could get away with it. I saw one girl today in a very short, very tight, off the shoulder dress. It looked more like club attire than graduation attire. The school has a dress code, but I don't think they really enforce it.

Pick up the car tomorrow
Awesome.

I actually stole the idea from a friend.

The only 2 times I was in FLA during a hurricane was beginning of October and third week in December, never when we went end of August. Go figure.
Hurricane season is probably the number one thing I don't miss about living in Miami.

Is it wrong that I really don't want to go to the party at B's dance studio tonight? I really don't know any of the other parents very well, and am just not into socializing. An introvert's nightmare.

Sue, was said average to slightly above average, whatever that means. The only 2 times I was in FLA during a hurricane was beginning of October and third week in December, never when we went end of August. Go figure.

Some shopping, now at zoo, as such a nice day. Traffic down to zoo, horrible, as road ends up being the bridge to the shore points a bit past we get off, and the road also then merges right past our zoo exit, from 3 to 2 lanes. Here is hoping a better commute home. Still busy at zoo, for a Friday afternoon.
And I’ve been going to Florida every year, since my 20’s incl Aug/Sept and I’ve managed to dodge every hurricane. Go figure! I was in Orlando, noon flight out the day Katrina hit. We got out just in time. It was our scheduled day to leave.
Then more recently we left 2 days before Hurricane Irma.

Aw, a shame. I remember when their son was a baby. Curious as to whether they did updates on him, last I recall wasn’t even school age.
I’m not sure. I remember him as a baby too! Yes, it is a shame they folded, but it wasn’t a very active board and got less so as time went by. I think many, like us went to Dis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter