• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Love the pictures MonyK.......have a wonderful time there.......there’s always something waiting to go wrong with our homes isn’t there!!!

Spike........wouldn’t have a clue of their shows as we got rid of Netflix ages ago.....never watched anything on it! But congrats to him.....hope your cold doesn’t last as long as everyone’s seems to last......ours started Dec 10th in Orlando and only just got better......got an appointment for legs waxing on Tuesday, and lady who does it has had a cold since mid December that won’t go away......feel better.

Hoping this cold spell will kill all nasty bugs hanging around!

Definitely staying in tomorrow we have decided.........thanks to @angryduck71 we plan to have a Bob Hope day.......The Ghost Breakers (classic) and The Cat and the Canary in the afternoon.........

Almost bedtime here again.......another hour or so and we’ll be snoozing!

Woot!
Lynne has a 4 day weekend
Hope you get heat soon as your area has a cold wave again

Charade, hope your weather improves and no more snow

Sue, guess you have joined the dishwasher club
If you need to buy something, it’s a shame it needs to be an appliance and not something fun

Monyk, I noticed that large mirror in your pictures
If I had that room and I woke up during the night, I might scream seeing a person in that mirror

Spike, hope you don’t get sick so close to your vacation
Sending mummy dust to you so you won’t pick up any icky bugs

Keisha, snow !!!!
Now you will be stuck on top of your ridge
Hope your weather improves quickly

Robo, always get tickled when I see minion pictures

Schumi, you know more about Netflix than I do

I’ve never watched anything on it

Hope I have not missed any homies in my shout out
If I did, I blame it on my headache
But will get your shout out next time

Just getting ready to go for dinner but a quick stop in first.
Robo, good stuff. But sounds like for me the eclipse will happen around 3am! Ugh..

Repair guy came this morning. Says bottom motor is dead. Waiting for estimate on how much new motor will be. I’m arguing with husband about new one. He wants to get a new one, lol. He says, you can probably get a good one for $600:sad2: men! Totally clueless. More like $1000 for a nice one. Which is why I want to keep mine! It’s a kitchenaid stainless tub, 3 level wash. It’s really quiet. Tall tub.

Schumi the store I was in had only 1 Bosch on the floor. Tub was stainless but bottom of tub was plastic or whatever the material is. I’ve never seen that before, strange. I will continue looking.

Monykalyn 72 floor yikes! Glad you got there ok. Did you have problem with long airport security lines? I hear many TSA are calling in sick.

Have a good night everyone!

We had no issues with airport security or customs either on our trip.

Ah, snow is gone for now, tomorrow night into Sunday is our storm arrival. Chance for more snow, sleet, and freezing rain. Nice. Then deep freeze for Monday. Good thing many have off that day.

Hunkered down, under the covers. Space heaters are around the plumbing, as frozen, blocked pipes are not an expense we want to incur. Send mummy dust that we go through until Friday, with our house having no other issues. We have lots of blankets, and I actually put socks on.

Lovely that it is only a Friday.

Definitely sending you mummy dust Lynne for no issues while you wait for your heating system to be replaced

I thought I read some pages back it was today it would be fixed

Did it get delayed or maybe I dreamed it was today

When we bought our first house and closed the day before thanksgiving back in 1985, we got the beds set up at ten that night

Absolutely thrilled we had a home finally

The next morning we woke up at 7 and the house was freezing

In the house for less than 14 hours and woke up to no heat
Furnace was old and broke down
We had a 5 month old, 2year old, a
3.5 yo and a 6 year old

I was so Cold
But my babies were crying as they hurt so bad due to being cold

No service work was open thanksgiving day so it was two nights of no heat
Outside temps were in the low teens was very cold also you know how awful it can be when your furnance breaks down

Hope you are not miserable without heat

Tomorrow our temps will be 61 and rain all day

Hope you can all stay warm
Tonight

Took an unintended long nap late this afternoon. Now I’m going to be awake for the next several hours.

Got B’s second official college acceptance in the mail today. She should find out about the third school on January 31.

Today and chilling, waiting for 3rd storm this week to blow thru. A foot plus of snow is doable, not loving the accompanying ice storm on either end of it they are forecasting.
Yikes. I hope it isn’t as bad as the predictions.

Have to buy a new heater, and now using space heaters to keep warm. Never a dull day being a home owner.
Sorry to hear that. Why do appliances pick the worst possible times to die?

Charade the new dishwasher we have doesn’t have a basket.....it has a top shelf you don’t really notice for all the cutlery......I wasn’t sure before I got it....but it’s so much better than the basket.
That sounds interesting. Do the utensils just lay flat on the shelf?

Charade, hope your weather improves and no more snow
Thanks. We had a really nice day today, but it is supposed to rain for the next 2 days and then get really cold. There is the possibility for more wintry weather next Thursday/Friday, but it’s still way to early to know for sure.

For some odd reason I can’t do anymore quotes.

Sue - I hope the repair cost isn’t too bad and you get to keep your dishwasher.

We are probably going to be terminating Netflix at the end of this month. Dh started an Amazon Prime membership. Tonight he discovered episodes of the old show The Saint. I think I know what our next binge watch is going to be.

I very much seem to be coming down with a cold, been sneezing all day, lets hope it passes.

And just heard that one of my flatmates (I live with 2 actors) has got a lead role in a Netflix series, so chuffed for him, wont go into details about the series though, so please dont ask! (Even the lovely lot that you are!)
That cold is making the rounds. My older daughter has been battling it for weeks.

Definitely sending you mummy dust Lynne for no issues while you wait for your heating system to be replaced

When we bought our first house and closed the day before thanksgiving back in 1985, we got the beds set up at ten that night

3.5 yo and a 6 year old

I was so Cold
But my babies were crying as they hurt so bad by beefing cold

Outside temps were in the low teenai was very cold also you know how awful it can be when your furnance breaks down

Tomorrow our temps will be 60 and rain

Tonight
Oh that’s awful having no heat in winter. And so cold. We had a very bad windstorm years ago and there were massive power outs. We were without power for 4 days. Thankfully we had a gas water tank so could have hot showers, and a wood stove in basement rec room.
Lynne hope you get things sorted soon..

Dinner was wonderful. Good food and good friends.

44 days to go, best to get it done and dusted now, I didnt get a single cold last year, I usually get one a year, so I've got off lightly!

That was the first cold I`d had in years!! And hope you don't get the nasty version going around and it clears quickly.....

We had no issues with airport security or customs either on our trip.

Ah, snow is gone for now, tomorrow night into Sunday is our storm arrival. Chance for more snow, sleet, and freezing rain. Nice. Then deep freeze for Monday. Good thing many have off that day.

Hunkered down, under the covers. Space heaters are around the plumbing, as frozen, blocked pipes are not an expense we want to incur. Send mummy dust that we go through until Friday, with our house having no other issues. We have lots of blankets, and I actually put socks on.

Lovely that it is only a Friday.

Oh Lynne....couldn't imagine being that cold in the house!!! mummy dust sent......

That sounds interesting. Do the utensils just lay flat on the shelf?

We are probably going to be terminating Netflix at the end of this month. Dh started an Amazon Prime membership. Tonight he discovered episodes of the old show The Saint. I think I know what our next binge watch is going to be.

Yes, they lay flat and in little grooves so they don't move around....I wasn't sure but it is fabulous....no more being stabbed by a rogue knife I haven't seen sharp side up.....and the shelf is the width and depth of the dishwasher so it holds loads of cutlery and other utensils......very happy with it.

We have Amazon Prime too.....we never watch that very much either.....I guess I might be too fussy with tv shows.

3.5 yo and a 6 year old

I was so Cold
But my babies were crying as they hurt so bad by beefing cold

Outside temps were in the low teenai was very cold also you know how awful it can be when your furnance breaks down

Tomorrow our temps will be 60and
Next the bottom
Falls pit as rain
For
14 hours will fall
Hopefully no snow

Tonight

Oh my goodness!!! That sounds dreadful......and where you were it must have been awful!!!

Bacon has been demolished this morning...…..along with a croissant....bit of tidying and housework out of the way and started to clear all my books back to where they belong.....we made a start.....that`s it...….:rolleyes1

Since we bought this cordless vacuum cleaner I haven't used it once...well, maybe once...but Tom loves it!!! Every day or every other day he`s running over the carpets we have.....And it does such a good job cleaning the carpets we do have...someone told me it didn't clean their carpets very well......oh dear...can`t imagine what their carpets must be like...then she told me she had dogs and cats that all shed hair!!!! yep, that might be why...…pet free zone in this house....and when my friends dog visits which isn't often, she stays in room we have no carpets...…but we aren't untidy or messy so I doubt it needs vacuumed as often as he does it. But.....saves me doing it......:D

Apart from some laundry, not much going on today. Doubt we`ll need lunch after a large and late breakfast....and dinner is steak tonight......Kyle`s request.

Have a great Saturday....……...

Bacon? Yum.

Restocked the kitchen yesterday. And used the oven to heat up the kitchen.

Thanks for all the wishes. Monday will be the hardest. 14 out is the high, with a wind chill feel like 0. We put space heaters inside the middle of the house to help with keeping the pipes from freezing. The heater service was nice enough to move their schedule around and have it done on Thursday. Seems like a long time, but a busy time of year for heating issues, and parts that need to be ordered, that take a few days. Mac, that was a horrible failing heater experience. I am a little miffed that heaters now generally have a 20 year life span. This one we put in a year or so after we moved in, as the air conditioner bit the dust, and required a new heater to go along with it. Both are almost 30 years old, so guess what will be replaced in the Spring? Thankfully, can wait, and pay for it later.

So a quiet Saturday here, with rain failing. At least it is above freezing today, seasonable 38 is the high. I will take cold rain over the freezing rain and sleet we are to enjoy later in the evening, with the worst to happen overnight. Seems our highways posted signs warning no trucks permitted on them, from midnight tonight until 1pm Sunday. Recovering a car that crashes is bad enough, a truck, involved, even worse. You won’t see me out during that time, so I wouldn’t know if a truck disregards that warning anyway, but I will if the news gets wind of it. We were lucky, on the drive to Miami and back, the only accident we saw, was on the other side of the highway, an overturned truck. A local in Miami told us, there are always accidents on the highways we were using. I will say, the Friday ride down was quicker, as we had quite a good amount of traffic from Miami until just past Ft. L., on Wednesday.

MonyK, that would be neat if your friends were on the same cruise. Not my favorite stops, as we had done Bahamas twice before, but a fun cruise with all the characters.

Time for tea. And a snuggle in the blanket. Then maybe a quick grocery trip. Seems the stocked kitchen does not have enough stuff that little one enjoys eating. There is always one picky eater.

Lynne I’ve been watching the weather channel and it looks horrible for where you are

Hope you can manage until Thursday for the work to be done

Six more days of using space heaters seems like forever doesn’t it

It looks bad for many of our homies here
Many will have snow and cold temps for quite a few days

Just read our temps will change tonight

No snow for us but rain will continue for days here

Hope all the homies can stay warm and safe

Hunkering down here! Light snow today and then heavy snow and winds tonight into tomorrow! I bought groceries and cleaning supplies! Have plenty of booze!! We're going to have a fun time eating, cleaning, and drinking!! I'm not moving until Tuesday morning!!:laughing:

We're expecting a foot of snow!:eek: But, we have great plows and salters so the roads will be fine once they clear them!

Lynne- hope the heater gets in soon!!

Monyk- Lovely pictures of Vegas!

:wave2: Big shout out to all the others here!!
26 days until Orlando! We arrive on Valentine's Day!!:cheer2:

Have a great Saturday all!!

37-Happy-Saturday-Meme.jpg

So no bacon was saved for the homies this morning?

:rolleyes1 Oops!!!

Bacon? Yum.

Restocked the kitchen yesterday. And used the oven to heat up the kitchen.

Thanks for all the wishes. Monday will be the hardest. 14 out is the high, with a wind chill feel like 0. We put space heaters inside the middle of the house to help with keeping the pipes from freezing. The heater service was nice enough to move their schedule around and have it done on Thursday. Seems like a long time, but a busy time of year for heating issues, and parts that need to be ordered, that take a few days. Mac, that was a horrible failing heater experience. I am a little miffed that heaters now generally have a 20 year life span. This one we put in a year or so after we moved in, as the air conditioner bit the dust, and required a new heater to go along with it. Both are almost 30 years old, so guess what will be replaced in the Spring? Thankfully, can wait, and pay for it later.

So a quiet Saturday here, with rain failing. At least it is above freezing today, seasonable 38 is the high. I will take cold rain over the freezing rain and sleet we are to enjoy later in the evening, with the worst to happen overnight. Seems our highways posted signs warning no trucks permitted on them, from midnight tonight until 1pm Sunday. Recovering a car that crashes is bad enough, a truck, involved, even worse. You won’t see me out during that time, so I wouldn’t know if a truck disregards that warning anyway, but I will if the news gets wind of it. We were lucky, on the drive to Miami and back, the only accident we saw, was on the other side of the highway, an overturned truck. A local in Miami told us, there are always accidents on the highways we were using. I will say, the Friday ride down was quicker, as we had quite a good amount of traffic from Miami until just past Ft. L., on Wednesday.

MonyK, that would be neat if your friends were on the same cruise. Not my favorite stops, as we had done Bahamas twice before, but a fun cruise with all the characters.

Time for tea. And a snuggle in the blanket. Then maybe a quick grocery trip. Seems the stocked kitchen does not have enough stuff that little one enjoys eating. There is always one picky eater.

Oh my Lynne......I can see why you’re not looking forward to Monday! I’d work late if I was you......it’s no fun bejng cold!

Well, little surprise today.....been looking at flight prices for December.........:scared1: yep, not good.......but Tom said oh heck let’s just get them booked........party:

So.......no need to tell me twice........so we’re booked for December........11 nights and will be at RPR again......::yes::

Usually when we book a trip we celebrate with champagne.......or Prosecco...lol......but it’s ginger beer or Pepsi tonight..........darn this Dry January.........:)

Hope everyone’s enjoying a lovely Saturday..........

Hey a toast to more fun times is great with any drink. It will be the end of January before ya know it Schumi.

Phone says snow from 5 pm today until 9 am tomorrow. Windshield wipers up and I had bought a shield for my windshield, so I will try it around dinner time, before the snow comes.

Janet....who’s birthday did I miss???

Robo.....ours is a Bosch....we like that make. Or Miele.....both stood us well over the years. Hope you get a place on the floats one night! And yes, the blood moon looks interesting.......Kyle was talking about it the other night that it was soon.

Charade the new dishwasher we have doesn’t have a basket.....it has a top shelf you don’t really notice for all the cutlery......I wasn’t sure before I got it....but it’s so much better than the basket.

Well I pulled the plug and got a new dishwasher. Sneaky husband. He says let’s just go to Lowe’s and look.
I ended up with a Bosch. Looked at the one with that top shelf, I thought it was interesting. But it was only model with that option. Lowe’s had a deal of no tax for Bosch that was stainless steel tub. That model didn’t have all stainless tub. Bottom wasn’t, so excluded from the no tax. So I had to go with another model. Also got 15% off installation.
I guess sometimes husband is right :rolleyes: about when motor goes may as well replace.

Robo glad to hear another good review on Bosch. I looked online for reviews too, and it gets top marks for reliability and quietness.
I loved the Outlander books. At first I worried the series wouldn’t live up to the books, but think they’re doing a great job. But it’s nice to read the book first, the show can’t possibly go into all the details the book does.

Last edited:
Squirlz & Pattyw snow blower was the best thing I ever bought! Sure beats shoveling. On the west coast we tend to have more of the wet heavy snow, so have to go out and keep up with it several times.

Spike101 feel better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter