Someone tried to ruin my first day home

Someone at the front desk told me there were such smoke detectors in the room and he was supprised they didnt go off.
I dont know if it was lip service or not. You could tell most of the smoking was done in bathroom. My dad said he heard someone caught thier kid smoking and locked them in the bathroom untill they smoked the whole carton. We actually laughed about it a couple of times. Every day we made new stories. I told him every day "sorry we have to leave again house keeping is coming to clean or wallpaper or repaint and tear up the carpet. We even accused him of being a closet smoker and of tring to blame it on the last people. I am upset because I(we) own that room and whom ever had no respect for the property. This week I will call Jackie and ask that at least they look up past guests and make a phone call to them so the behavior does not continue.

P.S. That automatic HVAC system has got to go!

This week I will call Jackie and ask that at least they look up past guests and make a phone call to them so the behavior does not continue.
This seems very reasonable. I wonder if that happenned.

Before I would contact any of the Disney Company management I would make a BIG effort to go through DVC managment. Each DVC resort has an head of housekeeping, a head of engineering, a front desk manager, a resort general manager. I would not have been happy had I been the original poster - this kind of behavior is not acceptable. (I don't know if DVC BCV CMs have a separate break room or not, but the break room for YC/BC CMs is between the two resorts & would be a long way from the BCV - I'm not saying what this member observed it right.) I would have contacted various CMs at the resort at the time. Even now if the original poster writes to DVC, he/she needs to be as specific as possible - date, time, location, etc.

DVC management cannot help change the behaviors of the housekeepers if they are not aware of what members see, smell, hear, whatever. Please contact Jackie. I met her in December & she is VERY member oriented.

That is gross, sorry you had the vacation start that way. If people want to smoke, please ask for the smoking rooms!

If a non smoking room has to be assigned to a member who requested a smoking optional room it should be noted so housekeeping knows to do the ionizing as part of the final cleaning. I also think one of the standards housekeeping should use is smell. Does the unit smell clean and fresh? How about if a non smoking room has been smoked in causing a room change the member gets the $25 fee to move.

This week I will call Jackie and ask that at least they look up past guests and make a phone call to them so the behavior does not continue.
Enyak -- were you able to contact Jackie regarding this issue? What kind of response did you get? I do think follow-up calls to smoking violators would be a good approach to let people know this is not appreciated.

It's highly unlikely that you're going to get anyone to 'fess up.

The smell lingers for a very long time. It may not have been the party before you. Relying on housekeeping also has a downside. If they are smokers themselves, they're not going to pick up on the smell. Smokers are the last ones to realize that there's an odor.

I don't know what the solution is. I lean towards signing a waiver that they're responsible for the additional cleaning, but my feeling is that it would be difficult, if not impossible, to prove. :( :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter