Some people are so rude!

Good God... ANOTHER thread? There is the exact SAME thread about 36 pages long (as I am sure there are 800 other threads the same) about three threads down.

Everyone thinks everyone else is rude... blah, blah, blah. I am not rude because... blah, blah, blah. Strollers, buses, last minute parade comers, smelly people, people who look at you... blah, blah, blah ECV's table savers, kids suck, blah, blah... adults get treated bad because... blah, blah, families with kids get treated bad because blah, blah blah.

These threads always spiral into the same 10 things getting hashed over again and againg.

Hows about everyone just stays home and then me and my family can enjoy WDW all to ourselves. That way no one gets hurt feelings.

If you don't like these threads, why don't you do yourself a favor and stay OUT of them? why come in and act like the thread police when your sarcastic remarks are not wanted or appreciated. last time I checked, you are not a moderator nor do you own this board. :rolleyes:

And NO we won't stay away from WDW just so you can have it all to yourself. :rolleyes: what a ridiculous thing to say. :laughing: and I don't let people hurt my feelings... I get mad.

When the restaurant is crowded, yes it's rude. Obviously, the shoe fits here. Your party gets their food, and then finds a table. That's why Disney is starting to crack down now on the practice, and not allowing people to do this.
But in the times when the counter service locations are not enforcing this new rule, it means guests can still save tables if they want to. So when WDW chooses not to enforce it because it's not a busy time of year, the guests are not at fault if they save a table when the rule is not being enforced.

Wait, is this really considered rude? I always have part of my party go get a table while others wait in line for food. I thought it was just being strategic. :confused3

You have to do it because everyone else does. If you don't, you will be standing eating your food or waiting 20 minutes for a seat because those standing in the 10 minute line have had people from their party already get a table. It is at a point where everyone else is doing it, so you must also to keep up. Just like on a highway, if everyone is driving 20 over the limit and you aren't you will get run over.

When the restaurant is crowded, yes it's rude. Obviously, the shoe fits here. Your party gets their food, and then finds a table. That's why Disney is starting to crack down now on the practice, and not allowing people to do this.

People on these boards like to bring things like this up all the time. Disney cracking down on this or that, trying to scare people or something :confused3. The practice continues and I never see any evidence of Disney doing anything or even caring. They have more important things to worry about and aren't about to pay people to police adults at counter service restaurants.

In response to the OP, we had a like experience a couple years ago. We boarded a tram, three adults. Not real skinny. A family of three crammed their way in to our row complaining about how busy the parks where and how they had been treated like herded cattle all day. I thought to myself, "you only feel like herded cattle when one acts like it"

Just because others don't give up their seats on the buses is no reason to judge them, because they have just as much a right to sit down and why should they be looked at in a bad way because they got on before?

Well WDW is testing out a new system to prevent that from happening at the Magic Kingdom counter service locations, during the busy times of the year. However when it's not being enforced there is nothing wrong with saving a table, while someone else goes to order. Personally I call that being smart and it's not my fault others didn't think about saving a table if they were able to.

People do have just as much right to a seat if they get there first, but grown men, young adults, etc. should have manners and give a seat up for a senior citizen, pregnant woman, etc. It's the right thing to do. So, I have no problem judging them as lacking in common courtesy.

Saving tables while the rest of your group is in line is not smart. It is just the opposite - incredibly stupid. Again, this goes back to manners and courtesy. Do you feel okay watching people wandering around the restaurant with a tray full of food while you are taking up space at a table, not even eating? I guess this makes you feel smarter than them. If everybody waited until they had their food before sitting, there wouldn't be the shortage of tables. It's because of "smart" people like you that Disney is forced to test out this new seating program at restaurants.

If you don't like these threads, why don't you do yourself a favor and stay OUT of them? why come in and act like the thread police when your sarcastic remarks are not wanted or appreciated. last time I checked, you are not a moderator nor do you own this board. :rolleyes:

And NO we won't stay away from WDW just so you can have it all to yourself. :rolleyes: what a ridiculous thing to say. :laughing: and I don't let people hurt my feelings... I get mad.

Actually your original post with your story was fine... it is all the same people saying the same thing about the same things...

Sorry.... I just can't believe how may people just want to complain about other people at WDW.

I guess I just can't read the "Theme Park Attractions and Strategies" section anymore..... these threads just don't seem like attractions or Strategies.

I really wish the mods would move these threads to the communities board.

Really, the holding of tables doesn't bother me, nor does the fact that a man or boy won't give up their seat on the bus. it takes something like knocking a woman over and separating them from their kids that gets to me.

Oh, and those that let their kids purposely stab someone in the back of the legs with their pirates swords. that really ticks me off. :mad:

People do have just as much right to a seat if they get there first, but grown men, young adults, etc. should have manners and give a seat up for a senior citizen, pregnant woman, etc. It's the right thing to do. So, I have no problem judging them as lacking in common courtesy.

Saving tables while the rest of your group is in line is not smart. It is just the opposite - incredibly stupid. Again, this goes back to manners and courtesy. Do you feel okay watching people wandering around the restaurant with a tray full of food while you are taking up space at a table, not even eating? I guess this makes you feel smarter than them. If everybody waited until they had their food before sitting, there wouldn't be the shortage of tables. It's because of "smart" people like you that Disney is forced to test out this new seating program at restaurants.
Well we seem to have different opinions and I doubt we will be able change what we think, so why don't we just leave it at that.

You have to do it because everyone else does. If you don't, you will be standing eating your food or waiting 20 minutes for a seat because those standing in the 10 minute line have had people from their party already get a table. It is at a point where everyone else is doing it, so you must also to keep up. Just like on a highway, if everyone is driving 20 over the limit and you aren't you will get run over.

People on these boards like to bring things like this up all the time. Disney cracking down on this or that, trying to scare people or something :confused3. The practice continues and I never see any evidence of Disney doing anything or even caring. They have more important things to worry about and aren't about to pay people to police adults at counter service restaurants.

In response to the OP, we had a like experience a couple years ago. We boarded a tram, three adults. Not real skinny. A family of three crammed their way in to our row complaining about how busy the parks where and how they had been treated like herded cattle all day. I thought to myself, "you only feel like herded cattle when one acts like it"

You don't have to do anything. If it is not the right thing to do, nobody is forcing you to join in. I don't save tables in advance while in line. I have been stuck holding a tray for a few minutes waiting for a free table because of this, but I know it's not right to do. I get mad at looking at people who do this, so I certainly don't want to be one of them.

p.s. - I also don't drive 20 mph over the speed limit just because everybody else does (and here in South Florida, they do). If they have a problem with that, they can change lanes. I would rather drive like an old lady than risk a ticket or accident. I'm even thinking of attaching a tennis ball to my car antenna at some point (For non Florida natives, the tennis ball on the antenna is the hip thing to do when you're in the "over 100 and still driving crowd").

Actually your original post with your story was fine... it is all the same people saying the same thing about the same things...

Sorry.... I just can't believe how may people just want to complain about other people at WDW.

I guess I just can't read the "Theme Park Attractions and Strategies" section anymore..... these threads just don't seem like attractions or Strategies.

I really wish the mods would move these threads to the communities board.

You didn't see the title of my thread mentioning rude people? that should have given you a clue that this was a complaint thread about RUDE people in WDW :confused3

I see that you have a small child in your signature. how would you feel if someone pushed you aside and got between you and your baby??? I honest to goodness think you would complain about it too.

And FTR, this is totally about theme parks and strategies. strategies to keep this from happening to someone else, or to pay attention NOT to do it to someone else.

I think the rudest people are those who judge others according to their own personal opinion, of which they are sure they are 100% correct and no one else's opinion could POSSIBLY have any merit.

Well now that we are talking rude...I could not BELIEVE myself....My mother ( knee replacement about 8 months in) son (blind and wears prosthetic legs...like blindfoling a person and putting them on stilts...and autistic) my younger son and I were all waiting to ride the teacups...it was LATE and COLD...EMH...well we had a family behind us...and when they opened the gate thing to let people in...this family behind us ran us OVER...knocking my mom over...and ontop of my son. I WAS LIVID! They chuckeled and went on making sure they got the teacup they wanted. I wanted to run over their and knock them out..however I know that is not the kind thing to do. So I did something (still not kind)...I took my camera over to the teacup they were in...took a picture of them...let them know I would plaster their family...along with a pic of mine...and tell everyone about how rude they were and the lack of consideration they had when they knocked over my mom and my son!!! :mad: I still get mad when I think about it to this day! UGH. You reep what you sow (sp)

Well we seem to have different opinions and I doubt we will be able change what we think, so why don't we just leave it at that.

Well, this is *my* thread, and if anyone has any gripes or complaints they are more than welcome to air them here. ::yes::

As for me, I'm calling it a night. :)

Oh you wouldn't believe the things that have happened to that small child while at WDW.

The oldest one (when she was two) got pushed down the stairs at CM by a man in a race to the FOOD!

I have stood holding her on a bus while 7 months pregnant and had no one offer their seat.

We were seat apart from her on our 3 hour flight down (she was 3 at the time and in a seat with no parent even NEAR her) and the airline wouldn't fix it.

Yes.... there are rude, stupid people everywhere.

But the simple fact of the matter is this area of the message board is for attraction and Strategies. I don't get what attraction or strategey this is???

Threads like this simply belong in the community section. Then people who want to groan and gripe about someone standing in front of them at a parade after they waited X amount of minutes can go there to talk about it.

There is a place specifically for these threads.

Well now that we are talking rude...I could not BELIEVE myself....My mother ( knee replacement about 8 months in) son (blind and wears prosthetic legs...like blindfoling a person and putting them on stilts...and autistic) my younger son and I were all waiting to ride the teacups...it was LATE and COLD...EMH...well we had a family behind us...and when they opened the gate thing to let people in...this family behind us ran us OVER...knocking my mom over...and ontop of my son. I WAS LIVID! They chuckeled and went on making sure they got the teacup they wanted. I wanted to run over their and knock them out..however I know that is not the kind thing to do. So I did something (still not kind)...I took my camera over to the teacup they were in...took a picture of them...let them know I would plaster their family...along with a pic of mine...and tell everyone about how rude they were and the lack of consideration they had when they knocked over my mom and my son!!! :mad: I still get mad when I think about it to this day! UGH. You reep what you sow (sp)

Based on some of the posts on this thread, I would guess that there are people out there that are fine with this type of behavior. Their "whoever gets there first, at whatever cost" attitude is really sad. Perhaps had you removed one of your son's prosthetic legs, gone over to their teacup, and beaten one of the family members at random with it, they would have seen the err of their ways.

I raise my DS8 to have old fashioned values. If all the seats are taken up on a bus and a lady or younger child gets on, he and I get up, stand, and let the lady/ladies sit. It seems like every trip we have to WDW, I usually have to speak outloud to my son, so everyone can hear me. It usually happens when an older woman, or a lady holding a baby gets on the bus, and some perfectly capable guy won't get his lazy butt up for her. I then say to my son rather loudly, "See son, that is not what you do when a lady comes on the bus. You should get up and let her have the seat." Usually about 3-4 guys jump up then.:thumbsup2:cool1:

I think this is great and admirable! I am a 23 year old female adult and some would even say a feminist!! haha And I don't think this is sexist at all!! My parents always taught us..boys and girls...that we should stand up and give a pregnant woman/senior citizen (regardless of gender)/ someone holding a baby a seat!! I got your point!! While I agree that you can never know what someones disabilities are, and saying something out loud might not be the greatest idea, it's good to know parents are still teaching their children values that can lessen the rude people in the world!! :thumbsup2

Based on some of the posts on this thread, I would guess that there are people out there that are fine with this type of behavior. Their "whoever gets there first, at whatever cost" attitude is really sad. Perhaps had you removed one of your son's prosthetic legs, gone over to their teacup, and beaten one of the family members at random with it, they would have seen the err of their ways.

That is the BESTEST advice EVER!!! :rotfl: I think that would have gotton my point TOTALLY. Also I think the stratagy (sp) in all this is...If someone sits next to yours...or a niece...make sure you ease your way in until you get what you want....also make sure that if it is crowded you go through the line to get your table?!?...another one is...if someone does sits infront of you during a parade..stand firm, the CM will ask them to leave...oh...and NEVER think someone is ABLE to get up and give you their seat because you are old..or whatever...because you dont know their story...AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...if someone knocks down your mother and son to get to the teacups...pull off prosthetic leg and bonk them on the head...I now have a good plan...and if I do take my sons leg off and do that...I promise it will be an attraction...so I can see were this thread is JUST fine hehe :hug:

Any time you have crowds of people from different backgrounds you are going to experience rudeness or inflict rudeness on someone else. I still regret that I grouched during the parade when my husband unwittingly gave away my seat because I got up 5 mins. before the parade was to start to throw away a drink cup and a couple swooped in and sat next to him while his head was turned the other way. The lesson learned here is everybody wants to enjoy the park too and there's really no guarantee in terms of "saving a seat". I was actually really ticked at my husband for giving away my seat causing me to have to squeeze in on the other side of him - and stupidly I let it damper my enthusiasm for the parade. I've learned at Disney it's really hard to have any personal space around you. I'd love to hear if anyone has a strategy (short of farting in public) that works for ensuring more than an inch between you and sweaty lurking guy - you know the one - the guy who shows up 2 mins before the parade and wants to breathe down your neck or push in beside you after you've been sitting and waiting an hour to get a good view?

I'd love to hear if anyone has a strategy (short of farting in public) that works for ensuring more than an inch between you and sweaty lurking guy - you know the one - the guy who shows up 2 mins before the parade and wants to breathe down your neck or push in beside you after you've been sitting and waiting an hour to get a good view?

I do...I do!!! I have a rather large butt..not huge..just bubbly...anyways..Take it like you would a crowded dance floor...swing that thang like its goin outta style. If you dont knock em outta tha way...you"ll deffinatly scar em outta tha way! ;)

I raise my DS8 to have old fashioned values. If all the seats are taken up on a bus and a lady or younger child gets on, he and I get up, stand, and let the lady/ladies sit. It seems like every trip we have to WDW, I usually have to speak outloud to my son, so everyone can hear me. It usually happens when an older woman, or a lady holding a baby gets on the bus, and some perfectly capable guy won't get his lazy butt up for her. I then say to my son rather loudly, "See son, that is not what you do when a lady comes on the bus. You should get up and let her have the seat." Usually about 3-4 guys jump up then.:thumbsup2:cool1:

This happened to me on several occasions when Rachel was a baby, and as she got older she still had to be held, since she did not walk until after age 2. It can be dangerous holding a heavier baby and trying to hold the rail. One time we were on a bus when there were several men who just sat and watched me stand with her. Before the bus could move I quickly put her between two very small children both taking up two big seats, I was glared at by the girls' father and grandfather (both sitting comfortably in their seats), their mother and grandmother, but I didn't care, my baby's safety was foremost in my mind. Yes, I stood the rest of the trip to the park, but I decided then and there it was time to order the wheelchair/stroller. Every trip since then she and I board first, before any rude men are allowed to take up all the seats!! Sweet!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter