some dining plan questions

loridiz

Earning My Ears
Hi, I will be using the dining plan through dvc and will be staying at the beach club villas. I have some questions:
1. Can I order a non-alchoholic frozen beverage as my beverage using my counter servcie ticket when ordering a counter service meal at Hurricane Hanna's?(or anywhere with the dining plan with my meal).

2. I will have 5 counter service options left on my departure day as we are arriving in the evening of our first night and had to purchase the plan for our entire stay. I will be leaving at 7:30 for a 10 am flight. Where in the beach club resort can we use these cs options to have a quick breakfast that early(ie coffee and bagel )?

3. Made ADR for Tonys town square at MK for dinner. We have never eaten there. Am second guessing this choice due to some reviews. Should I do Crystal Palace instead? My family and I (grandma, me husband, two sons-10 and 13, have eaten there before and liked it).

Thanks

I'd like to know, too.

We've done CP and will be doing it again (YUM!), but we're also going to be trying Tony's.

1. most of the time you will have to tell them your on the dinning plan and ask if its included or order it and take chances of paying out of pocket.
2. yes you could even order eggs and meat meal at a cs.
3. your choice, but i am very some old thing so i would go with the familar rest. ie crystal palace if it were me.

Hi...I am not aware of any dining plan for DVC. Can you fill me in on details?
I was beginning to think that we are unfairly singled out for NOT receiving dining plan options!! Any info will be helpful...Thanks so much.

loridiz said:
Hi, I will be using the dining plan through dvc and will be staying at the beach club villas. I have some questions:
1. Can I order a non-alchoholic frozen beverage as my beverage using my counter servcie ticket when ordering a counter service meal at Hurricane Hanna's?(or anywhere with the dining plan with my meal).

The way I understand it, your drink can only be a fountian soft drink, tea, coffee, or water. Other drinks, including milk shakes, non alcoholic drinks, and cappacinno's are additional oop.

Gina35 said:
I was beginning to think that we are unfairly singled out for NOT receiving dining plan options!! Any info will be helpful...Thanks so much.

It took some time, but the Dining Plan can now be ordered for DVC owners (and even people renting from a DVC member). You can book the dining plan now for any stay April 1st or later.

You must book the dining plan before you check in.

The cost is the same, but it is not tied to a MYW pass, because many DVC members take advantage of the discount we get on annual passes. You can get more detailed information on the members-only website at www.dvcmember.com .

3. Made ADR for Tonys town square at MK for dinner. We have never eaten there. Am second guessing this choice due to some reviews. Should I do Crystal Palace instead? My family and I (grandma, me husband, two sons-10 and 13, have eaten there before and liked it).

Thanks[/QUOTE]
We ate at Tony's in August. It was a last minute decision. I liked it alot. My kids are about the same age as yours (2 boys) and they also enjoyed it. If I remember correctly, our receipt was for over $200 so we definately got our money's worth on the dining plan. I would not hesistate to eat there again. If you are staying at the Beach Club you may also like the clam bake there. They had a huge variety of food which is good if the kids want some pizza or chicken fingers. I thought the seafood selections were good. The best part - the desserts are great!

Have a great trip!

Max is my favorite cat!

Thanks so much for the info. Have you ever figured out which is better to use with the AP, the newly-offered dining plan (with points) or the 20% option?

Gina35 said:

DVC members can add DDP to their stay after April 1st. (I think that is the correct date to many swiriling around in my head) But for sure sometime in April.

April 1 is the official start date for DVC dining plan, but we check in March 30 and were allowed to purchase for our trip.

To the OP, we are also staying at BCV. According to the Disney Dining Plan Locations guide I printed off the official Disney web site a month or two ago the only counter service available at Yacht and Beach Club resort was Hurricane Hannah's, the poolside restaurant which is listed as doing lunch only. Now, however, there is something called "Ale & Compass" listed as serving breakfast where you can use snack credits, I have never heard of this before. The new marketplace is still not listed as included, although another thread says someone has used snack credits at the marketplace. There used to be no counter service listed at Boardwalk that serves breakfast (Spoodles does, but its table service), but now Boardwalk Bakery is showing up as breakfast lunch and dinner for counter service and snack credits (this is new from the last list I had) and something called "Belle Vue Room" is listed as having breakfast and you can use snack credits.

Check out the other thread about using credits at Boardwalk, someone put a link to the official Disney location guide (I am not that good with computers!)

Hope that helps

Just edited response, looks like the dining plan location guide has changed since I the one on which I based my original response, I corrected the info above.

Hi, Thank you all for your replies. I was reading the DVC Planning Board and read that someone used the dining plan at the BCV MarketPlace to get lunch items such as salad with the dining plan. Someone else said before they left they found out that they were able to use the plan there and so they used leftover snack options to get water . Yet, someone else was told no, that the Marketplace sells items other than food there so the dining plan can not be used there then. Someone actually said the cashier took out a list of the items that could be purchased using the Plan. Has anyone used the Plan there or can anyone clarify this? It would be great if I could use it there for our check out day to get either the breakfast sandwhich or a bagel, coffee...
especially since we are leaving so early and they open at 7am and are right on the premises.

Haven't been there since '04..........where is the BCV marketplace? Has anything been done to the area of Arielle's (sp?)? Thanks so much for filling me in on all you know :)

We used our Snack credits at the Marketplace on our check out day to take sodas and water with us. I had not tried to use any credits earlier in the week since the Marketplace was not listed in the brochure.
We were going to pay for our drinks to go, even though we had snack credits left. I decided to ask and the CM at the Cash Register said, yes you can use credits.
Hope this Helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter