• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo Trip maybe...

ilovefh

Is it Disney time yet?
I need some opinions I guess. I just bought DVC and I'm dying to use my points! Problem is I've been having a hard time trying to find people to come with me. I'm only 23 so most of my friends are my age and don't want to spend the money to come. I'm thinking of making a ressie and if someone can come great if not I'll go alone. I have a friend that will be done there so I'd maybe see my friend once or twice. Here is the problem I'm having...I'm not an alone type of person at home. I don't like eating out alone. But I'd like to try Tempura Kiku maybe. I think it would be over Veteran's day so it would be kind of crowded but I think the food and wine festival would be neat to visit. I also still get in free so I think maybe i'd relax more by the pool...get a little tan....use the new facilities at SSR etc. and then make small trips to the parks. I'm thinking is something that I should try once and if I hate it not do it again. What do ya'll think?

Go for it!!!

Make a wise choice and visit the "home" that will best fit your mood,

I love VWL when traveling solo. It's very peaceful but has great access to MK (and thus the monorail resorts). My DD is mad at me as I tell her this is the Mommy resort.

Next trip I am planning solo will be to BCV so I can spend a day at SAB. (And I love the proximity to Epcot).

BWV will give you a little more entertainment and access to Epcot and MGM. Don't miss Jellyrolls for a terrific night

I found as a solo I could easily eat a few meals in the room, though I also tried some new places I wanted.

The points are there...use them:Pinkbounc

Enjoy
Sandy

I'll bet that if you go solo, eventually you'll hope that no one can come with you next time! That's what happened to me. After a few solo trips, a friend of mine said "Let me know when you're going alone next time, I'd like to go too." I was actually relieved that she couldn't get the time off from work next time I went solo. And don't worry about not being comfortable dining alone. It took me about 5 trips before I could feel comfiortable with sit-downs by myself. I tried a few on my 2nd trip, but decided I was just a fast food kind of girl and did fine there as long as I had a window table or ate outside. When we first joined DVC I was reluctant to use my points for a studio, figuring that would be an unneccessary indulgence, so originally I was going to stick to Moderates when going solo. But I decided to "splurge" on a studio, and now I think studios are just great for solo trips-I feel like I've got my own little apartment. Good idea-try it once! But I'm betting there'll be more solo trips in your future-out of choice.

When I went by myself last September I was nervous and thought to myself if I do not like this at least I've got it out of my system. Well, I loved going by myself and I had the best time!
There are 7 of us going the end of June, the group includes my mother, sister, neice and my 2 children and my son's fiancee. I know we will all have a good time, but I really enjoyed being able to do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. I am already planning another solo trip next spring to see the Flower and Garden Festival.
I am sure you will have a really good time.

Go! You'll love it. I just got back and have a tip about eating in Japan: people are seated literally elbow-to-elbow at Tempura Kiku, so if you want company you'll definitely get it there! I chose to eat at the Matsu No Ma Lounge at the front of that floor - they offer the same food as Tempura Kiku, but it's much quieter if you'd prefer that.

Enjoy the time. There will be plenty of time to spend with others but enjoy the time you have alone because for the most part they are few and far inbetween. If your not comfortable eating in restaurants by yourself, then just do counter rest. or eating in your room. Enjoy the pool and carry a magazine/book or journal for those quiet times.

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
I'll bet that if you go solo, eventually you'll hope that no one can come with you next time! That's what happened to me. After a few solo trips, a friend of mine said "Let me know when you're going alone next time, I'd like to go too." I was actually relieved that she couldn't get the time off from work next time I went solo.

you sound like me -- I just had the most relaxing time ever by myself!! Eating alone never bothered me. I would bring the paper or a book, though. I like to read while I eat. (I know you aren't supposed to do that, but it's relaxing for me.)

Thanks for all the great comments! A friend of mine said she might come (two actually). So I think I'll make my ressies and then if they can come great if not oh well!

Well now it looks like two friends will actually be coming with me now that I have ressies at BWV and I'm on the waitlist for BCV. My friend who will be living in Orlando said that we'll have to get together......by the pool. You think that was a hint?!?! LOL! I'm excited to take one of my friends since she has never been to Disney and is about to start trying to have kids with her DH. She's got to go once before she has kids....and many times after!! So it looks like the solo trip will not be this yr....but hey they might cancel, you never know!

Definitely go!! I'm 26 and I have the same problem. The friends that can afford to go , don't want to and the other can't afford it(and i'm not paying for them) This May will be my second solo trip. My first trip ever to Disney World was during spring break and I wished I was alone to get away from the bickering of where to go and what to do first. When you are solo, you can do anything you want, whenever you want. I like to go for 3 or 4 days. It's just enough get away time and not so long that you get bored with yourself.

Do it!! Have fun!!::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter