Solo (sort of) day in Orlando, no parks - what would you do?

LavishWig

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, I have one day where I’m by myself in Orlando and was hoping for some good solo activity suggestions.

Me and my husband are in Orlando for a conference and we are tagging a Disney and Universal trip on the end so parks are covered but he is attending one more day of the conference than I am so I need something to do! I’m staying at the Gaylord Palms if that’s relevant and I like animals and food mainly but any kind of exploring is good! Do you have any suggestions?

As well as the parks we are also going to a shooting range (we are from the uk so wanted to try it out) and doing mini golf one night.

Thank you :)

The Gaylord Palms is huge It looks like an Upside down funnel , It has a very good Swim area . It has a fantastic indoor area where you can relax

There are at least 3 themed eating places.

Ideas ( A ) Take a taxi to The Boardwalk Hotel . then use the free ferry boats to see the sights .

( B ) Take a taxi to Disney Springs & take a bus ( Again Free ) to The Grand Floridan Hotel

then take a tour on The Mono rail .... hop on Hop Off at the resorts

Then walk through the G.F. Hotel and take trips on the free ferry to various places

Hi everyone, I have one day where I’m by myself in Orlando and was hoping for some good solo activity suggestions.

Me and my husband are in Orlando for a conference and we are tagging a Disney and Universal trip on the end so parks are covered but he is attending one more day of the conference than I am so I need something to do! I’m staying at the Gaylord Palms if that’s relevant and I like animals and food mainly but any kind of exploring is good! Do you have any suggestions?

As well as the parks we are also going to a shooting range (we are from the uk so wanted to try it out) and doing mini golf one night.

Thank you :)

The Gaylord Palms is a resort with a water park and numerous pools, so you may want to relax there.

If you get bored with that, you could go shopping at Disney Springs, which has renovated with a ton of food and shopping options.

If you like animals, you could go over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and take in some of the animal viewing areas. Animal Kingdom has one of the best buffets in Disney, with all kinds of options.

Thank you both! These are great ideas! When we are staying at Disney we don’t really have any monorail resorts in our plans so I think I might do some shopping at Disney Springs then take myself on a mini food tour on the monorail loop after using the pool and slides at the hotel.

I’m a bit rubbish at relaxing so I think that would be a perfect day for me!

If you have a full day, I would recommend exploring some of Orlando's local areas, from Gaylord Palms you can take an Uber/Lyft to the Kissimmee Sunrail Station and then board a train to Downtown Orlando or even Winter Park, both are very nice walkable areas filled with restaurants, museums, art galleries, parks, etc. See link below for more details on the Sunrail system:

https://sunrail.com/map/

I can't speak much about Orlando activities, but personally if I had a park-less day to myself in Orlando I would take the boat from Disney Springs to POR and POFQ and simply stroll all afternoon long. POR/POFQ is special to me because the grounds are simply beautiful, but there is something to explore at every Disney resort. Not only that, but it gives you a chance to explore where you may want to book a future stay the next time you visit. While you've mentioned that you have time allotted for Disney on this trip with your husband, it may be fun to explore the resorts on property at a leisurely pace! 😇

SPA Day!

Trust me, the Disney portion of your trip will be exhausting. I would take the day to relax by the pool, go to the spa, have a nice lunch. If youre looking for excitement, get drunk and crash the conference :)

If you have a full day, I would recommend exploring some of Orlando's local areas, from Gaylord Palms you can take an Uber/Lyft to the Kissimmee Sunrail Station and then board a train to Downtown Orlando or even Winter Park, both are very nice walkable areas filled with restaurants, museums, art galleries, parks, etc. See link below for more details on the Sunrail system:

https://sunrail.com/map/

I really like this idea as I am sure there's more to Orlando than the theme parks! I'm also a roller skater so I could take my skates down and have a zoom round the parks then go to a restaurant or something. Thank you - I'm going to research this!

SPA Day!

Trust me, the Disney portion of your trip will be exhausting. I would take the day to relax by the pool, go to the spa, have a nice lunch. If youre looking for excitement, get drunk and crash the conference :)

Hahahhaha! Imagine all these software developers and then me running in really drunk!!! Maybe I should do that ahahah! Spa day is very good, I just cringe at the prices of hotel spas...she says, going to Disney which costs all the money!

Hahahhaha! Imagine all these software developers and then me running in really drunk!!! Maybe I should do that ahahah!
DO IT! Get smashed, go to the conference, open the doors and yell "Where is my husband?"

That will be a trip he will never forget :) #MakingMemories

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter