Solo Dining?

CamoMama

DIS Veteran
Okay, so I'm jazzed. As I've said in many other threads, I'll be heading to the Land of the Mouse on Sunday morning, if I leave early enough I might get there by noon. It's my birthday weekend, and I'll probably be solo, although I'm meeting a friend for dinner Sunday night. I was going to take another friend, but it looks like she won't be able to get out of work after all. I had planned on being solo anyway, so it's not a big deal.

I have a reservation for my birthday celebratory dinner just for me on Monday at the Blue Bayou, so with that and Sunday with my local buddy that's two dinners out of three taken care of. Where else should I have dinner as a singleton? Should I do another TS? And for lunches I'm thinking the Hungry Bear for one, so I'll have one more lunch to do on Tuesday, should I do Plaza Inn? I'm not big on breakfast, so I'll probably just have stuff in my room to eat quickly before I head to the parks each day. And I'll be going back and forth between the parks every day, so it doesn't matter which park a restaurant is in, it's not like it takes more than a few minutes to walk across the entrance plaza.

If you do TS I suggest CO....altho since you're eating at BB you may not want CO. :) Go to DTD, eat at the Jazz Kitchen, sit on the outside patio and enjoy the people watching. :)

Honestly I've never been a fan of CO, I've eaten there a couple of times and just didn't enjoy it as much as other places. I may check out the Jazz Kitchen, I've never dined at DTD at all, except for Goofy's Kitchen which doesn't really count as it's in the hotel. Thanks!

Another great place is the UVA Bar in DTD. Though it is primarily a wine bar, they have a pretty full menu with some very yummy food. We've always had great service there. It's right in the center of everything yet still manages to be (relatively) peaceful. The bar is a great place to sit and people watch.

There is always someone playing music in DTD. How about getting something light and sitting and listening to the music?

And if you haven't checked out the newest Muppet movie, you should track down the scene "Party of Me". It's awesome and will make your solo experience even more special! :goodvibes

I haven't seen the new Muppet movie, I was still in Afghanistan when it came out, I think. Maybe I should do that tomorrow night if can find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!