Solo Christmas Activities

The decorations and music are great at DHS this year. Take some time to explore and enjoy - there are tons of cool details.

Day 4. Breakfast at Ale & Compass, check out Beach/Yacht Club decorations. Go to whatever I didn't get to see out of Poly and Contemporary to see their decorations. Come back to my room to beautify. Then off to the GF to see the gingerbread house and take myself to Victoria and Alberts for dinner, because....I'm worth it.

If I'm not dead from exhaustion after dinner, go over to the MK and try to get some photopass shots in my sparkly dress.

hell yeah you're worth it! I've dined there 3x times as a solo. It's amazing. I'll be there 10-12 and unfortunately there is no availability so I am on the wait list. You're going to love it. May I suggest when they call to confirm details that you request to be sat near the harpist if you're doing main dining. She is immensely talented.

Oh my bad I thought you were going solo.

I'll be @pop during that time too. Maybe we'll bump into each other. I'll be the tall lanky guy in a buzz light year shirt.

hell yeah you're worth it! I've dined there 3x times as a solo. It's amazing. I'll be there 10-12 and unfortunately there is no availability so I am on the wait list. You're going to love it. May I suggest when they call to confirm details that you request to be sat near the harpist if you're doing main dining. She is immensely talented.

I'll be @pop during that time too. Maybe we'll bump into each other. I'll be the tall lanky guy in a buzz light year shirt.

This will also be my 4th time there. If you are in town a day early, you can join me on the 9th! I will be in the Queen's Room....now, wine pairing or no? :)

I had some unused vacation time this year and no one wanted to go to Vegas with me so I am going for a 4-day solo trip to WDW in a few weeks. Here's my rough plan.
Day 1: Land early (hopefully), check in at the Swan. Go over to Epcot to check out the World Showcase. I am debating whether I will go to the Mexico or US holiday booths for lunch. I am not interested in the celebrity for the candlelight processional during my stay, and I really don't like Illuminations anyway, so I'll just be walking around World Showcase to check out the vibe. Hopefully get a good drink and maybe a cookie while I'm there. Head back to the Swan for an early dinner at Il Mulino, then over to MK for the fireworks show because I haven't seen it yet.

Day 2: Head to Wilderness Lodge to check out the holiday decorations. Depending on how long that takes, I may also go to the Contemporary and the Poly. Then to MK in the afternoon for a late BoG lunch and then the xmas party. I have no plan for the party except see the fireworks and the parade.

Day 3. Disney Springs for the xmas tree trail and maybe a little Kate Spade xmas gift to me, from me. I'd like to get lunch at Homecomin'....hopefully there's a bar I can sit at. Then to HS to check out the decorations and the holiday show and JBJB.

Day 4. Breakfast at Ale & Compass, check out Beach/Yacht Club decorations. Go to whatever I didn't get to see out of Poly and Contemporary to see their decorations. Come back to my room to beautify. Then off to the GF to see the gingerbread house and take myself to Victoria and Alberts for dinner, because....I'm worth it.

If I'm not dead from exhaustion after dinner, go over to the MK and try to get some photopass shots in my sparkly dress.
That sounds like a blast! I have a running list right now but doing a self tour of the monorail hotels is definitely happening. And that's so cool that you're going to V&A solo! Right now I have Skipper Canteen booked because I want to see it, haha, and Rose & Crown for a CP package. I've never done breakfast at Ale & Compass, what's it like?

That sounds like a blast! I have a running list right now but doing a self tour of the monorail hotels is definitely happening. And that's so cool that you're going to V&A solo! Right now I have Skipper Canteen booked because I want to see it, haha, and Rose & Crown for a CP package. I've never done breakfast at Ale & Compass, what's it like?

Ale & Compass just opened so I have no idea if it's any good. It's in the Yacht Club and took over the space where Captain's Grill was. I saw they had red flannel hash on the breakfast menu so I was sold (it's supposed to be New England themed, and I am a New Englander...so at least they knew what to put on the menu, let's see if they can cook it. lol).

Also, V&A Called me yesterday to confirm my reservation and the very nice CM said, "I see on our file that you don't like caviar...." I said, "I have a file?????" I love that place.

This will also be my 4th time there. If you are in town a day early, you can join me on the 9th! I will be in the Queen's Room....now, wine pairing or no? :)

Oh bummer, we'll miss each other by a few days. Thank you for then invite. Yes to the pairing. Have you ever dine in the QV room? My table is right side of (facing) fire place. Such a fantastic experience all the way around.

And yes, I have a file too. I am not partial to black olives or coconut. They're great.

My favorite thing to do during Christmas time you've already mentioned and that is visiting the deluxe resorts and checking out the holiday decorations. One of these days I want to plan my visit such that I can stay up late and watch them put up the tree.

Also, V&A Called me yesterday to confirm my reservation and the very nice CM said, "I see on our file that you don't like caviar...." I said, "I have a file?????" I love that place.
Your solo booking at V&A gave me the courage to re-book my Highway in the Sky reservation! I'll be doing it solo Monday night. I can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts