**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL**

Solo nov 28 to dec 3! Nervous about meals. Thinking of just doing reservations as I go and see where I can eat!

Howdy, I've just been told to expect to travel to Florida this coming winter for work (October/November). I will have approx 3 days of my own time tagged on the end of my filming schedule. I am going to be alone and its been years since my last WDW trip (as a teen). So what advice would you give to this Brit?
🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
  • Obviously, ROTR is my #1 goal.
  • Low/Medium Budget
  • Will have car
  • 3 Nights
  • I am a DL Paris annual pass holder so certain rides are missable / clones / better.
  • Would you advise any particular resort or room type?
  • At the moment it looks as if I would arrive early on a Wednesday and my flight will be the Sat night.
  • Should I hit HWS First?
  • What would you think the opening hours will be around this time?
Thanks in advance

Howdy, I've just been told to expect to travel to Florida this coming winter for work (October/November). I will have approx 3 days of my own time tagged on the end of my filming schedule. I am going to be alone and its been years since my last WDW trip (as a teen). So what advice would you give to this Brit?
🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
  • Low/Medium Budget
  • Will have car
  • 3 Nights
  • I am a DL Paris annual pass holder so certain rides are missable / clones / better.
  • At the moment it looks as if I would arrive early on a Wednesday and my flight will be the Sat night.
Thanks in advance
I reccomend either Pop or AOA so you have the skyliner and a cheap room. I would do Hollywood Studio first so if you miss Rise of the Resistance you can try the next day.

🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
  • Low/Medium Budget
  • Will have car
  • 3 Nights
Thanks in advance

Pop Century Resort is the best value on property now that the Skyliner is open. The rooms were recently redone, and they're great for a solo traveller because one of the beds folds up into a table. This giver the room a lot more space and a spot for your park day things. I also like the two Port Orleans resorts and Caribbean beach, but those will be about $80/night more than Pop. They have nicer theming and way better pools, but if you're in the parks those things are probably less relevant. I would schedule HWS as your Thursday park day to make sure you can get in right at opening. Get your Rise boarding pass, then check out Smugglers Run and the rest of Galaxy's Edge or the Toy Story attractions first. Try to get an Oga's Cantina reservation at 60 days; they will fill up fast.

I would recommend doing Epcot on Wednesday, since that park will fill up fast on weekends, then MK Friday and AK Saturday. AK opens the earliest of any park, so you can probably get all the major attractions done before your flight with time to spare.

This is tough since things may change drastically by fall; they only reopened park hopping in January. Right now if ROTR is your goal, go to HWS at open. It’s a virtual queue that offers two times to jump in line: open and 1PM. Because you cannot park hop until 2PM right now, you are better off starting the day at HWS. The new rides in HWS are both excellent! The times may all change though. 🤔

Park times have been expanding, so by the time you arrive it may be normal? When they first opened the days were short.

AK Flights of Passage is a must in my mind.

If you have a car you might want to price staying offsite. When I do overnight it’s just a place to sleep, so depending on parking rates at parks and available Disney packages it might be cheaper to book a hotel for $70 a night nearby. I’ve stayed at a Best Western for $50, but I have an Annual Pass, so parking is comped.

This is tough since things may change drastically by fall; they only reopened park hopping in January. Right now if ROTR is your goal, go to HWS at open. It’s a virtual queue that offers two times to jump in line: open and 1PM. Because you cannot park hop until 2PM right now, you are better off starting the day at HWS. The new rides in HWS are both excellent! The times may all change though. 🤔

Park times have been expanding, so by the time you arrive it may be normal? When they first opened the days were short.

AK Flights of Passage is a must in my mind.

If you have a car you might want to price staying offsite. When I do overnight it’s just a place to sleep, so depending on parking rates at parks and available Disney packages it might be cheaper to book a hotel for $70 a night nearby. I’ve stayed at a Best Western for $50, but I have an Annual Pass, so parking is comped.
Works paying! So it's not super budget! I've got to kill those days before I hit a meeting and physically pick stuff up.

Hey all -
I’m a 32 year old dude that will be mostly solo at Coronado from 23-26. Will be with family 20-22.
Have some ADRs during that time but mostly just hoping to float around and enjoy myself. Would love to meet up for a drink or meal or ride or anything

My dream is go to WDW from Tokyo in this year after Covid-19 as DVC member home AULANI.
I really don't know anything like Genie+ or which hotel is convenience to stay to go to all park, and so on.
Of course my confusing will be started from Florida Airport,and also I don't even know if I can drive the long way to the hotel....
Hope someone will be here who same like my situation☺

My dream is go to WDW from Tokyo in this year after Covid-19 as DVC member home AULANI.
I really don't know anything like Genie+ or which hotel is convenience to stay to go to all park, and so on.
Of course my confusing will be started from Florida Airport,and also I don't even know if I can drive the long way to the hotel....
Hope someone will be here who same like my situation☺

Are you familiar with the Uber app? If not, then paying to have a bus service like Mears Transport take you. They pick up at the airport and will drop you at your hotel ...and offer the same service back to the airport.

Are you familiar with the Uber app? If not, then paying to have a bus service like Mears Transport take you. They pick up at the airport and will drop you at your hotel ...and offer the same service back to the airport.

Thanks GAN!! Honestly to say, I think you are right to use some service which take me between airport to hotel, but I want to shopping at local supermarket then bring back to DVC hotel to make for own dish and also eat some local food in Orland. I 'm really interested not only WDW but also local food or cityscape!
So,,,, if I can use rental car ,this is suited for my plan.
Have you ever used rental car for solo trip in Orland?? I know this plan must be very hard for solo trip😅

Reactions: GAN
Thanks GAN!! Honestly to say, I think you are right to use some service which take me between airport to hotel, but I want to shopping at local supermarket then bring back to DVC hotel to make for own dish and also eat some local food in Orland. I 'm really interested not only WDW but also local food or cityscape!
So,,,, if I can use rental car ,this is suited for my plan.
Have you ever used rental car for solo trip in Orland?? I know this plan must be very hard for solo trip😅

I understand. I would suggest using one of the bigger rental companies -Hertz, Avis, etc, as I've heard some negative stories about smaller rentals. Also -there are a few toll roads you may end up on so be aware of that ...I believe the rental company will equip the car with the required toll pass(and charge your credit card for cost) -ask about that when you check in, which would be inside the airport. Safe travels!

I have used a rental car for a solo trip several times - for the reasons you mention. To do some shopping, to eat at Orlando restaurants and to do a little sightseeing. It's not hard at all. There are car rentals in the airport and they make it easy to get in and out. I use Enterprise.

I understand. I would suggest using one of the bigger rental companies -Hertz, Avis, etc, as I've heard some negative stories about smaller rentals. Also -there are a few toll roads you may end up on so be aware of that ...I believe the rental company will equip the car with the required toll pass(and charge your credit card for cost) -ask about that when you check in, which would be inside the airport. Safe travels!

Thanks a lot!!!! Yes,because there has a lot of place in Florida to sightseeing including WDW,so, when I compare cost which use rental car or use Uber and so , its better to use rental car for my time to enjoy all place where I want to go, I thought.
To consider only for WDW , do you think how many days I need ? I do not want to hurry to go around ,and do not want to regret that I couldn't do and enjoy.
And I love animals so that I will stay to AK for 2 days though, no need to do ?
And ,,,,do you know that whether each park has any special tour for foreigner or not?
Hope DIS member like Craig or Deni can guide for me😆

I have used a rental car for a solo trip several times - for the reasons you mention. To do some shopping, to eat at Orlando restaurants and to do a little sightseeing. It's not hard at all. There are car rentals in the airport and they make it easy to get in and out. I use Enterprise.

Do you think to safe even woman solo driver😅? I think solo trip can make good use of time as you said .
I hope Disney and the staff will not see me negatively who enjoy alone 😂

The Disney staff will not see you negatively. As you have read on these boards many people have wonderful solo trips at Disney. Many, many people travel solo to Disney.

The Disney staff will not see you negatively. As you have read on these boards many people have wonderful solo trips at Disney. Many, many people travel solo to Disney.

Thanks Stage Tek san for kindly reply! I will travel to Florida as solo, but before that, I think to try to find someone who would have a fun with me from this board ! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!