Solo at Sci Fi?

Thanks everyone! Has anyone has the shrimp pasta? I'm not a huge fan of burgers or BBQ.

My husband had the shrimp pasta and I had the chicken pasta and we both loved it! I'm a huge pasta fan so I'll almost always order it if it's on the menu! My husband said it was one of his favorite meals!

My husband had the shrimp pasta and I had the chicken pasta and we both loved it! I'm a huge pasta fan so I'll almost always order it if it's on the menu! My husband said it was one of his favorite meals!

Thanks! Pasta is definitely what I'd order if I keep my ADR :)

We ate the in October and I was really disappointed. I went expecting the "shtick" from having read about it. Nothing the entire meal. Not our table or any of the tables around us with different servers. Maybe it ws a bad night.

Every experience will be different. Its very subjective.

Burgers are our go-to at Sci Fi. They’re good and it’s a fun and unique atmosphere. As a prior poster suggested, you can specify at check-in that you would like to be seated in a car. Likewise, at Mama Melrose, if that’s really your menu preference, you could ask to be seated somewhere other than by server station. Accommodating requests may result in more of a wait but they should be willing to try - perhaps making your ADR outside the prime lunch and dinner hours might further aid in their ability to accommodate quickly. Have fun!

Burgers are our go-to at Sci Fi. They’re good and it’s a fun and unique atmosphere. As a prior poster suggested, you can specify at check-in that you would like to be seated in a car. Likewise, at Mama Melrose, if that’s really your menu preference, you could ask to be seated somewhere other than by server station. Accommodating requests may result in more of a wait but they should be willing to try - perhaps making your ADR outside the prime lunch and dinner hours might further aid in their ability to accommodate quickly. Have fun!

Thanks for the reply. I’ve had a huge change of plans. I was able to book Coronado Springs for over a $100 less/night on Priceline and dropped my package, including my Dining Plan. Now I can just eat at Brown Derby Lounge. I also cancelled a few pricier ADRs that I was looking forward to but I’ll live.

Whenever I’ve checked in at Mama Melrose it has been sooo busy and soooo crowded and the waits soooo long that I didn’t dare ask to change my table. It’s easier just to avoid that particular restaurant. The food isn’t my favorite by any means.

Last edited:
You can always ask the CM at check-in to be seated in a car, though you might have to wait a little longer depending. I'm sure they can be accommodating.
don't ask to be seated in a car. I did this and we got one of the TABLES with chairs that is a car. I think the default is everyone goes in a car and if you ask for something they will think you mean something different. My kiddo was a little disappointed.

I’ve done scifi solo on two occasions. Sat in one of the cars both times. Once in the front, once in the back. Always an enjoyable time. Sorry to say I did not try the dish you asked about though. Burger once, and the Rueben, will kiss that in the spring.

I was worried about eating solo at Sci Fi too but I'm glad I did it on my November trip. I was seated in the middle row of a car with a couple in front and behind me, there was a big family in the car beside and not a single person batted an eye that I was there by myself. I loved the atmosphere and the food was the best I had all week! I loved it so much that it would be the only thing I would return to HS to do again in the future. I didn't have a good experience at the park, it was too crowded, rides down, rides that made me feel awful, cancelled Fantasmic due to technical difficulties but the dinner at Sci-Fi was the best part of the whole day!

Never dined at Sci Fi solo (we're a family of 3) but I can't imagine it would be that great. You're pretty much gauranteed to be seated with others or in a "less desirable" location.

Never dined at Sci Fi solo (we're a family of 3) but I can't imagine it would be that great. You're pretty much gauranteed to be seated with others or in a "less desirable" location.

I'm usually part of a party of 2. So, while not solo, still pretty much guaranteed to be seated in the same car as another party. For what it's worth, whether we're in the front seat or behind, I've never felt like I was seated "with" others or that we were seated in a less desirable location. I imagine I'd feel the same if I were a party of 1.

Um, no, but as you say you have no actual experience.

As a “hitch-hiker”, I am always seated with your lovely party of three either behind you or in front of you. I’ll wave next time Lol

CMs there are super attentive and it’s the only restaurant at Disney that always has a lovely card waiting for me on my “table” welcoming me back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter