• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo adult autograph collecting?

Eeyorietta

Earning My Ears
Over on the Theme Parks and Strategies board, a thread has caught my attention. It's comprised of favorite autograph comments.
While I photograph characters whenever I get the chance, I'd never really thought about autograph gathering. It had always struck me as a "kid's thing." But some of the comments in that thread have made me curious, and have made me question whether or not autograph gathering is something an adult traveler like myself would want to consider.
Are there any solo autograph collectors out there? Please share your advice.

When I went in September with a friend of mine I got autographs at the character breakfasts we went to. I didn't get get any on the street, but wish I had.

Next trip, I will wait in line and get autographs from ALL of my favorite characters. :D

I haven't done it but am considering it. I love taking pictures of them but since I'm going solo this year how would I get a picture of them with me? I don't want them (the characters) to take pictures of me!! LOL!!;)

There are usually CMs around who will take your picture with caracters. I also found that other people in line are more than willing to take the pictures.

So go for IT

When I go solo I get my picture taken with the character and get an autograph, whether it be on a hat, shirt or in an autograph book!! :smooth:

I collected autographs on my last solo trip and had a blast. There always CM's with costumet characters and they were happy to take a picture for me. For face characters, I would usually just ask the person behind me in line to take the pic.

I say go for it!!!

I have always collected autographs every year we travel to Disneyland. Both My hubby and I do. It is fun and it makes us feel young again. Here is what we do though.

We find that some parents think that we are too old for this but we are in fact much nicer and wait patiently for the characters whereas their little children push and shove and cut in line. We are very patient and let the little children ahead, but we want our turn as well.

In fact, Brer Fox, was mean to us for being 20 years old at the time and wrote in my hubbys autograph book that we were too old. So we went to City Hall in Main Streeet and reported it and Disney was very upset by this and said that anyone of any age can meet and get autograps from characters, we got a bunch of free stuff too!! And let me tell you by the time we got our free stuff 10 minutes later, he was already being taken care and was sent home for the day.

So yes get autographs they are so much fun, Disney wants you to!!!

I am going in July and we are both getting autpgrahs and will stand in line to see characters.

Angela

I also colect autograph in Disney and have a great time doing it . The charactors are great and a few play around with you. I say go for it and have fun.

Amarvel, sorry to hear about your experence and good for you for turning him in.

Bobºoº

I am all for getting character autographs..... I can't wait to go back and collect some more autographs :)

I wish I had done that on my last trip but I was too shy ... and I was with a group of friends too. They would have been really nice in my scrapbook :( Now I feel better knowing that everyone asks the characters for their autographs! I plan to ask on my next trip :)

Yes we do get autographs. When I use to go solo there is a CM with all caracters even face ones. They are more than happy to take your picture. Some are afraid of better cameras but they will take your pic for you. I have had a great time doing this. I do most of mine at caracter meals. I have found the more you interact with thee caracters the more they do.

Well, the first time I got my picture taken with a character I was a little shy and said I thought I was too old. Mickey definitely disagreed! On my last trip, I got autographs from everyone I could find. I also had some characters sign postcards for my friends' kids. They were very happy to do that.

On our last trip (8/00) with my DH I bought an autograph book and "fat" pen. I tend to be a shy person, but I got as many autographs as I possibly could. My husband was quite surprised that I would stand in line with all the kids-got 4 of the Seven Dwarfs...
We did character breakfasts and when the characters stopped at our table I had them sign. That worked out perfectly, because most of them don't speak so that gave them a way to interact without having any kids at the table.
I carried a backpack with Tigger on it and Pooh was quite "upset" (in a fun way) that it wasn't him on it. I had Tigger sign it (two different Tiggers actually).
It was alot of fun and gave us something to look for in each park-even the Green Army Men from Toy Story...
I plan on doing the same thing when we go this August, but my husband doesn't know it yet...

Bonnie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter