Sold out! What are best options?

DLYoung70

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to get one day each at MK and Epcot for 2 people for any of 3 days at the end of March (3/29-31). Online sales are locked out as sold out. Totally understandable with COVID restrictions and this late, my fault for procrastination. Are there other options? Do travel agencies scoop us tickets in advance and maybe still have them? Are there tickets available with resort rooms that they keep separate so that hotel guests can get into the park? Or is my only option to try multiple times each day until then to see if there is any availability?

Thank you all in advance for your knowledge,
Darrell

You need tickets? And then you'll need theme park reservations. To be honest, that's going to be extremely hard. Tickets aren't available to buy because there aren't any park reservations left. Those do occasionally pop open if you stalk the website but I don't know about tickets. Good luck!

You need tickets? And then you'll need theme park reservations. To be honest, that's going to be extremely hard. Tickets aren't available to buy because there aren't any park reservations left. Those do occasionally pop open if you stalk the website but I don't know about tickets. Good luck!

I mean tickets (reservations?) to the park. I'll be driving, don't need flights. Hotel can be found. But if I can't get into the parks, no sense making the effort. It was a last minute decision, so my own fault if I can't make it happen, just wondering if there are other ways that the experts here know to get in.

Thanks,
D

There have been a slew of similar posts in the FB Disney groups in the last couple of days so just know there is a LOT of competition for slots that open up. People refreshing constantly, begging guest services, etc.

You can try refreshing the calendar constantly, and clicking to see if you can get through, but I would not expect Disney to make any exceptions simply for the sheer amount of people trying right now.

Hoping you snag a spot!

I mean tickets (reservations?) to the park.
2 different things, and both are required to enter a WDW theme park. Tickets are the usual 1-10 day tickets, same as pre-covid. But then a park reservation is required designating "your spot" at a specific park; this has been in place since re-opening last July. A ticket does not guarantee a park reservation.

I’m kinda thinking “ why would you bother if the parks are literally sold out for like three weeks straight”. Even if you got in it’s going to be so crowded it won’t be fun. Remember there are no fast passes and the queues will be crazy. We went to DHS in December when there was still LOTS oif availability and the lines for the rides were crazy. You literally were in the crazy queues for an hour OUTSIDE winding around the “land” you were in as they “socially distance”. I’d stay home and see if you can swing a few days in April or may!!

To put it simply, no there is no workaround. Parks are sold out for guests at Disney hotels, offsite hotel guests and annual passhoders. If you already had purchased tickets, I would say keep trying to see if a park reservation opened up. But as you have no tickets, sorry but at this point it is just not going to happen.

We had this same problem and had to spend our first day without a park because I procrastinated on buying the tickets and all parks were sold out by the time I got in gear. What is funny to me is that I could not buy tickets to any park, but park hopping for the day was still open for all parks. I was able to buy tickets starting the next day, but we missed an entire day. This is one of the worst things about reservations. I have found that IF you have tickets, you can still sometimes get a reservations to a "sold out" park, even when it shows all parks as sold out, but if you don't have a ticket, you're just blocked out period.

The best option - wait until all of this passes to go. Park passes, limited rides, limited restaurants, limited resorts, no character pictures and no fireworks? For how much money? :eek:

We had this same problem and had to spend our first day without a park because I procrastinated on buying the tickets and all parks were sold out by the time I got in gear. What is funny to me is that I could not buy tickets to any park, but park hopping for the day was still open for all parks. I was able to buy tickets starting the next day, but we missed an entire day. This is one of the worst things about reservations. I have found that IF you have tickets, you can still sometimes get a reservations to a "sold out" park, even when it shows all parks as sold out, but if you don't have a ticket, you're just blocked out period.

Sorry but this is misleading. If the park reservations are full, they are full unless someone releases their reservations. There is another thread right now where people are sharing their experiences of having tickets for the next couple of weeks snd resort rooms booked but are unable to book park reservations.

Having a ticket does not guarantee the ability to get a reservation if the ticket is purchased but a guest delays in making their park reservations.

Sorry but this is misleading. If the park reservations are full, they are full unless someone releases their reservations. There is another thread right now where people are sharing their experiences of having tickets for the next couple of weeks snd resort rooms booked but are unable to book park reservations.

Having a ticket does not guarantee the ability to get a reservation if the ticket is purchased but a guest delays in making their park reservations.

She's correct - you CAN often get a park pass even when it shows "sold out" - the general thought is that the threshold to trigger the "park full" on the calendar leaves a bit of space before it's actually full. All that to say, if you have a ticket already you should still try reserving a spot even if the calendar shows full (esp if the calendar JUST showed full). If you don't already have a ticket, you don't have the opportunity to even try as it won't sell you one.

For Spring Break, that won't be the case as people are pounding the app constantly to snag spots (and many are successful!) so the calendar is, indeed, full at this point.

(we have gotten passes a couple times when it showed full and I tried anyways)

Last edited:
Sounds like you have your heart set on the MK and Epcot. Just thought I'd mention, though, that SeaWorld right now shows lots of availability in case a get-away there sounds appealing. We always go there as well as Disney because we enjoy that park a lot. And it's always less crowded than Disney parks.

As others have said, there is no good answer.
Keep stalking and maybe you can get tickets.
Then you still need to get a park pass for the park you want to go to each day. Having a ticket does not guarantee you getting into the park you want to go to.
Personally, this late, I think I would pass and try later.
If you really want to go, then stalking the ticket sites is your best opportunity.
Good luck.

Sounds like you have your heart set on the MK and Epcot. Just thought I'd mention, though, that SeaWorld right now shows lots of availability in case a get-away there sounds appealing. We always go there as well as Disney because we enjoy that park a lot. And it's always less crowded than Disney parks.

Do NOT go to SW if you are at ALL concerned about Covid. I went yesterday and mask compliance is about 50% at best. I saw ONE manager ask a guest to pull up his mask. ONE. In 10 hours.

It does not guarantee the ability, but if you already have ticket for the park, there is a possibility of getting a park reservation when the calendar shows full. I even did this for last Saturday, which had been all booked up for at least a few days. My point was, if you have tickets, you can at least TRY for a park reservation if it looks booked up. If you don't have a ticket at that point, you probably aren't getting one and therefore cannot even try for the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!