Soft Drinks

I don't think soft drinks or water are limited, but you have to be able to take everything onboard with you in carry-on luggage. No beverages can be checked in suitcases.

I'm not aware of any restrictions on soft drinks. In general, drinks must be in original, sealed containers. They must fit through the x-ray scanner that you put your carry-on bags through in the terminal. And, you must carry them onboard with you and not put them into checked luggage.

You might have a few hours between boarding and when your room opens, so keep that in mind if you intend to carry on drinks.

Also, there are free soft drinks onboard. They're pretty much just the basic Coca Cola brands, though: Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, "root beer", Fanta, etc.

I'm not aware of any restrictions on soft drinks. In general, drinks must be in original, sealed containers. They must fit through the x-ray scanner that you put your carry-on bags through in the terminal. And, you must carry them onboard with you and not put them into checked luggage.

You might have a few hours between boarding and when your room opens, so keep that in mind if you intend to carry on drinks.

Also, there are free soft drinks onboard. They're pretty much just the basic Coca Cola brands, though: Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, "root beer", Fanta, etc.
Do all the ships have Coke Zero now? When I was on the Fantasy last Aug/Sept and we did not have it in the fountain on the deck.

Do all the ships have Coke Zero now? When I was on the Fantasy last Aug/Sept and we did not have it in the fountain on the deck.
It was on our Fantasy (2016) cruise. You may need to check all dispensers, as it may not be on all of them.

They have root beer but you have to pay per can. They don’t offer it at any of the fountain dispensers.

At least on the Dream and Fantasy, one side of the ship has Diet Coke and the other side has Coke Zero. That's true on the pool deck and in Cabanas. I don't know what's up with the Magic and Wonder these days.

When we were on the Dream (December) and Fantasy (February) it was only on one side, the same for Diet Coke. I was told that Coke actually makes the decision and the same applies to the Resorts. Why, who knows?

That is weird as neither my wife or I remember seeing it sept 2021 on the fantasy, and I would have looked for it. My server team had cans for me at the last dinner and debarkation breakfast because I mentioned I couldn’t get it on the shup. We were on one of the first few fantasy sailings to resume, so maybe it wasn't stocked yet. They did have it in Castaway Cay,

Last edited:
At least on the Dream and Fantasy, one side of the ship has Diet Coke and the other side has Coke Zero. That's true on the pool deck and in Cabanas. I don't know what's up with the Magic and Wonder these days.

The Wonder doesn't have Coke Zero in the fountains, but they do have it available in cans. They do have Diet coke in the fountains. In the Deck 9 Beverage station it is only in the far left machine... the one the ice never works in, causing you to play a game of leap frog every time you want to fill up.

Can you bring 12 packs of soft drinks onboard? If so how many?

On the Vancouver to Hawaii sailing we saw people returning to the ship at several ports with full cases of soda. It was things like Diet Sprite, Caffiene Free Coke, and Dr. Pepper.

My DH doesn't drink coffee or tea, instead, he enjoys a zero calorie energy drink a couple of times a day. Since they also come in cans, would you think it would be OK to bring a sealed multipack of energy drinks (i.e. - red bull, monster) in our carry on bag? Thanks in advance!!!

My DH doesn't drink coffee or tea, instead, he enjoys a zero calorie energy drink a couple of times a day. Since they also come in cans, would you think it would be OK to bring a sealed multipack of energy drinks (i.e. - red bull, monster) in our carry on bag? Thanks in advance!!!
As long as beverages don’t contain alcohol and you carry them on to the ship rather than giving them to porters, they are permitted with no limits (other than what you can tote around until staterooms open).

As long as beverages don’t contain alcohol and you carry them on to the ship rather than giving them to porters, they are permitted with no limits (other than what you can tote around until staterooms open).
this is true! We saw a guest bring a case of Sprite Zero on board during our Kauai port day. Looked like they made a Costco run, lol. It was a looooong walk from civilization, through the port area, and to back to the ship. I was impressed that they carried it all that way. That's determination and dedication to your preferred drink.

We were onboard the Fantasy late July/early Aug and one side had Coke Zero and the other side had Diet Coke.
The Dream is the same way. Zero on one side and Diet on the other. I was glad to see that on the Wish they had both flavors in the same fountains.

My pet peeve is the Wonder where Diet only exists in one of the two sets of fountains, and it is the one where usually the ice isn't working. It causes a weird logjam as people go back and forth. But at least we're on a cruise, so it's all good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter