• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soft COTTON sheets like they used to be!

Maddie2

DIS Veteran
It's been years since we've needed new bed sheets and I am having a terrible time finding anything decent. Just when I think I've found some, there are tons of bad reviews ... with sheets tearing, etc. I know I'm not going to find anything that everyone agrees on, but this is ridiculous.

I have always depended on JCPenney having sheets that are 100% cotton, cool, and with a decent thread count. Pretty sure "percale" was usually in the name. Somewhat expensive, but not horribly and worth it. They lasted for years and years. Our last newer set were a gift from my mom - Fieldcrest Luxury, 100% Egyptian cotton. Found this brand and type again, but they don't seem to be as good as what we were given years ago. Maybe sheets that good no longer exist?

Has anyone had luck finding GOOD sheets? No microfiber, no polyester, no blend at all. COTTON, plain and simple.

TIA!

Try Vermont Country Store's website.

Their sheets are expensive but really durable.

We bought flannel sheets from them 3 years ago that you'd think are new. They've been washed weekly from mid-October till late April. Colors are still bright and fresh, sheets as soft as ever.

I can’t afford these yet but the elastic grip design has me Saving .
Hope Santa brings me a set !

0F0A446C-D149-4542-BE4F-1471508C613F.png27235F9B-6840-4188-BCA3-CF793E57085A.png

I love LL Bean sheets. They have pima cotton percale and Egyptian cotton percale....all 100% cotton. I have tried bamboo sheets and really, really did not like them. The texture is all wrong and they rippled like water when spreading the top sheet to make the bed. The LL Bean sheets are crisp and cool when you climb into bed.

I've had a few sets for over 5 years, my son had a set that got him through 4 years of college, and they wear very well. No thin spots, no pilling, no scratchiness. They also have a 100% guarantee that if you don't like them or they don't perform as expected, they will refund your money up to 1 year from purchase if you bought them directly from LL Bean.

3rd vote for LLBean percale. I also have tried the Brooklinen ones. They are fine but I don’t know if they are worth the extra cost. I didn’t like the Lands End ones.

I’m a big fan of percale, though in deep winter I like the weight of flannel as well (also from LLBean but I’ll check out the Vermont Country Store ones next time).

Maybe your old sheets were "nicely worn in" from many washings, and the new ones haven't reached that point yet?

I say this because my new puppy chewed holes in my excellent decade-old flannel sheets, so I bought a new set (last winter). Initially I was unhappy with my purchase, though they were the same name brand as the old sheets; however, after a couple washings, I can see they're approaching the softness of the old set.

American Blanket company has American made sheets.
The only color available is white which made me hesitate.
I love these sheets!
I use a bit of bleach and they come out great.
I prefer them to my Boll and Branch and they were cheaper than Boll and Branch.
They frequently put out a promo code for 20-35% off.

I buy LLBean flannel top sheets to use as a light year round blanket. I can count five I've bought in the past forty years (by the colors/patterns), so they last about 8 years until the edges start to fray. Weekly washing too!

The old blankets were a lifesaver when we moved our son's furniture back and forth to college and grad school. I have two oldies in the closet just in case we need to move something.

I buy at the outlet stores and plan to stop next week as I will be nearby. Hit or miss but sometimes I score a deal. I'll look for sheets when I'm there too - thanks for the reminder - especially bottom sheets and pillow cases.
:laundy:

I really like these from Target, and they are reasonably priced. I like that the top/ bottom vs. sides are labelled. I'm sure the LL Bean recs are great too- I have a down comforter from there.

https://www.target.com/p/400-thread...3/-/A-14220754?preselect=51640816#lnk=sametab

These are the one's I use too. I like them and love the tag, it makes it so much easier to make the bed.

I find them comfy but also.at a price where if I get tired of the print or color after a few years I don't feel bad donating them and buying new ones.

Percale is what you are looking for.

I like Pottery Barn Organic percale sheets. They last for years and years and are soft, not scratchy, cool and low maintenance. They are expensive, but they last. I have a set going on 10 years now.

Another vote for LLBean sheets. The latest ones I bought are the "sateen" and are a bit too slippery but just need a little time to get broken in. I love their flannel sheets the most. Seriously, the thickest flannel I've ever seen and totally understand the pp who said they use the flannel top sheet as a summer blanket.
I don't mind spending a little extra for quality bedding. We spend 1/3 of our lives in bed.

I just bought sheets from Amazon for a split king adjustable bed. It is a 7 piece set, came with two sets of pillow cases which is nice. I just wash them and put them on the bed today and they are very soft and very nice. They were $60. I tried to find an item number but all I could find is to visit the CGK Unlimited Store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter