Soda Mug?

Disney makes it clear that each mug purchased is for one person only. Each family/party member that would like to take part in the soda program needs to purchase their own mug.

The Disney Cruise Line website has more on this if you need more info.

We booked our cruise with AAA which told us we get a mug as a booking bonus. Does anyone know if this means we just get the mug, or do we get the sticker for unlimited soda?:Pinkbounc

We sailed on the Magic in May and booked our cruise through AAA. Each member of the party received a mug but we did not get the stickers.

ok now I'm curious...do other cruise lines charge for soda and other basic non-alcohalic beverages -by basic I mean soda, lemonade, tea etc...I can understand charging for non alcohalic specialty drinks ie smoothies and stuff...but honestly it costs like 0.50 cents....

you don't have to buy the mug to get the program. i noticed plenty of guests with old magic or wonder mugs (they used to be ship-specific) who had simply purchased the soda option. with dcl's going back to the sticker, they aren't losing out if someone brings a mug from a previous cruise. i'm sure that's the reason they went back to the sticker is because people were using old mugs and there was no way to tell if the soda plan had been purchased or not. they didn't change the mugs back then as they are now. as of the 5/24 magic cruise, the mug is a really cute Nemo one.

another option for those who want the soda, but don't want to shell out the $5/day...if you are a AAA member and booked directly with DCL (not with another travel agent), contact AAA and have them assume your reservation. not only does everyone in your party get the soda program and a mug (NOT the cute Nemo mug, but a AAA/DCL one, so it does look different), but you also get a discount (10%) at Treasure's Ketch on purchases over $75. that is the current benefit from AAA and is likely to change next year. the benefit a couple years ago when we last made the switch was a cool framed pin set.

Our AAA agent told us that we will get our mugs w/free daily soda once we board the ship. They are holding our reservation, and have assured us that we don't have to purchase the $5/day option. That was one of the main benefits they offered by booking through AAA (rather than Disney direct). Thoughts???

We know...it's only SODA, for crying out loud, but we're just curious. THANKS!: Man-o-man, are our kids getting excited...bounce: :jester:

Cruise lines have always charged extra for drinks that were not part of the meal. When we cruised 23 years ago on Carnival we were charged for sodas etc. Just one of those cruise things I guess.

platypus...when you get your cruise docs from AAA, there will be a page in them that you pull out and show to the folks that sell the mugs. they will mark the card that you picked them up, then give you the mugs and put the sticker on your KTTW card.

the AAA mugs are different...same size, but the design is yellow and white wavy stripes with the dcl logo and AAA/CAA on front.

the same card you pull out of your cruise docs entitles you to a 10% discount on purchases over $75 at Treasure's Ketch.

It is a cruise industry standard to pay for sodas. In fact, most cruise lines will charge you for the sodas you consume at sit down meals as well, whereas Disney includes those at no cost to the passengers.

Disney also provides each stateroom with a coldbox/fridge so passengers are welcome to bring on their own sodas, juices, etc if they prefer. I usually bring a few caffeine free Diet Cokes, bottled waters and Gatorade for DD.

Nothing is "free" in this world as I see it. You either pay by the item, or it is figured into the overall cost. Then again, I remember when public restrooms cost a nickel to use!! :) :)

I think it is worth emphasizing a point in the previous post--sodas are complimentary during all meals at the sit-down restaurants on DCL, but sodas are not complimentary at the buffet on deck 9 during the meals. An earlier post in this thread mentioned sodas being "free" during meals, but forgot to qualifiy that by stating "free in the sit-down restaurants".

I am a diet-coke-aholic, and have done both the Wonder and Magic, and I did not get a mug/sticker either cruise and it was not a problem. I did have extra-motivation to go to the sit-down restaurants or breakfast and lunch, but honestly, those environments were more relaxed anyway, and fit in with a premium-priced(but not over-priced) vacation.

My second cruise this past January, I got the mug for booking through AAA. The first one that I went on I bought the mug, and I would do it again. I have been struggeling with weight and I know that if Lemonade were free and I had to buy a Diet Coke, I would drink a ton of calories in lemonade and not even think about it. But that is just how I decided.... My cruise in November we get the AAA mugs again.

We sailed on the Magic in May and booked our cruise through AAA. Each member of the party received a mug but we did not get the stickers.

So, you had to have your mug to get the soda? When we went on the 5/24 Magic, they gave us the AAA mug AND a sticker (all 5 of us), so we could either present the mug or the sticker to get the soda. If we presented the mug, generally, they filled a class and poured it into the mug.

Originally posted by CarolAnnK
I remember when public restrooms cost a nickel to use!! :) :)

I always seem to have a ton of nickles in my "change can."

At least back then you could put them to use in the other can.

Mike, you gotta take inflation into consideration!!! That five cent "visit" would probably cost ya at least fifty cents now!!! ;)

When i was on the may 24 cruise they had Finding Nemo on the mug. They also had a premear of it and they gave out buttons to the people on that cruise if they were under 18. I am under 18 and did not get one. I am very disapointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter