SocioTown Beta

To get bucks if your not a subscriber you need to catch bugs and sell them to a subscriber, they in turn can then use the money they get to buy you things. If you have a job and are not a subscriber, you only earn experience points and no sobucks.

The best way to do it is to sell red bugs, they are worth 4 bucks each, so eat the rest of them and keep the red to sell. Know this bugs die, so if you have them more than 3 days they are no longer alive and are worthless

How do you catch bugs without a net :confused3 Also, is there a "sticky" or anyone that is willing to help with the missions? I am on my OLD laptop, in the hospital, using dial-up, and getting very frustrated trying to find places.

:thanks:

How do you catch bugs without a net :confused3 Also, is there a "sticky" or anyone that is willing to help with the missions? I am on my OLD laptop, in the hospital, using dial-up, and getting very frustrated trying to find places.

You have to have a net. It's the fourth, and so far, last mission you get. Pretty simple, really.
Have you visited with your sponsor yet? Go to see him and get a mission. If you click on yourself, you can bring up a menu on the top right of your screen. Click the globe and you'll see a map. Destinations you need for missions is usually flagged on your map. Anytime you need help with a mission or have any questions, get to the town park and I'm sure you'll find a vmker more than willing to help you. You'll probably need to use your map often, for your first few missions. After that, you will know the layout of the town.
HTH

Anyone having problems getting in ?? I click "Play Now," select the server, click "Enter Town," the larger browser window opens and the only thing that shows up is the little person you click to "Tell a Friend." Even if I use the *shortcut* to the larger browser, it still does the same thing. I did not have any problems last night creating a character and playing :confused3 Any help would be greatly appreciated :goodvibes

Lyn

I finally figured out that I needed to download Adobe Shockwave Player, or at least I *thought* that was the problem. When the larger browser window opens I get "Adobe Shockwave Player in installing" and it gives me a little bar showing the status of the installation of "compatibility components." Meanwhile, after the status bar is complete and ... everything just sits there and hiding behind my browser is a little error message:

Could not load the DLL library C:\WINNT\system32\Kernel32.dll (GetSystemWow64DirectoryA). The specified procedure could not be found.

I have NO CLUE what this error message means, but thought maybe the whole thing was not compatible with Firefox, so I tried using IE and that locked up EVERY TIME I entered Sociotown.com in the www field :badpc:

Any computer geeks out there ?????? PLEASE do not take my question/plea for help as derogatory at all :flower3: I highly respect everyone who knows how to get around a computer, let alone is able to figure out problems:rotfl:

Any help is GREATLY appreciated :goodvibes

Lyn
TiDoubleGer

Any help is GREATLY appreciated :goodvibes

When I was having "technical difficulties" I contacted Chris Evans through the Sociotown forums. He is the game creator and he was really good about emailing me back. We exchanged emails a few times until we got the problem worked out. Now I'm able to get back on. I think he's your best bet. :)

Seems we have been added a new feature for room owners. It is a boot button that does exactly what the video shows. OMG how many times I wished I had this feature in VMK.

Enjoy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1edE8vpTh8Y

Oh wow. that's awesome. I want to try it.

Heheh. I have tried it out, last night. Many, MANY times.

Sometimes the player doesn't fully boot out of the room, hanging upside down and wiggling around. I posted a pic on the ST forums. When I get home later I'll share it here.

The 3 new ways to boot NEVER get old, and the cartoony sound effects are hilarious.

Oh my gosh, how cool is that???!!!

Makes me almost want to join SocioTown just for that BOOT button! Wow, the fun I could have with that thing (hehe) :woohoo:

Oh my gosh, how cool is that???!!!

Makes me almost want to join SocioTown just for that BOOT button! Wow, the fun I could have with that thing (hehe) :woohoo:

you wouldnt do that to me tho right? :confused3

I would have paid good money to have that feature on vmk, talk about stress relief...
:hippie: Mamacita

I would have paid good money to have that feature on vmk, talk about stress relief...
:hippie: Mamacita

Heh, we'd be inviting every rude person we could find to our rooms just so we could use that amazing boot feature.

Oh my gosh, SOOOOOOO GLAD the hosts didn't have that on VMK! :rotfl2:

Ok, here's a pic of what happens when someone is "stuck" after you tried to boot. I saw him wiggling around from the other side of the wall and went to investigate.

I wish I could show you the arm flailing, but this should be sufficiently funny enough:

punchbug.jpg

The great part is, you boot someone out, they get tossed out on the doorstep outside your apartment building. They can come back after a minute for more abuse! :laughing:

aww poor goofy... I know you want new furniture, briar, but I don't think you had to take such drastic measure by throwing somebody into the ceiling to make them a chandelier xD

Ok, here's a pic of what happens when someone is "stuck" after you tried to boot. I saw him wiggling around from the other side of the wall and went to investigate.

I wish I could show you the arm flailing, but this should be sufficiently funny enough:

punchbug.jpg

The great part is, you boot someone out, they get tossed out on the doorstep outside your apartment building. They can come back after a minute for more abuse! :laughing:

Briar, it looks like he is doing a flip off your bed. hehe.

Aengus, Pink might not use the boot button on you, but I totally would.

When you boot someone out, where do they go?

When you boot someone out, where do they go?

They go outside the apartment buildings door... Briar said it under her picture...

I like watching people being booted, it is almost good as watching the drama in the plaza popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter