SOCAL/CHILD PROMO TICKET DEAL 2020

Every adult needs like a utility bill with their name and address???

A driver license or state ID (which by definition includes an address) would be the usual proof. The terms say that proof includes valid government-issued ID, but doesn't limit to just that. They say nothing about utility bills, although I think that might work.

There is no solid definition for what "Southern California" is either, but Disney arbitrarily specifies it by zip code - anything from 90000-93599. So apparently Visalia counts, but Fresno doesn't.

A driver license or state ID (which by definition includes an address) would be the usual proof. The terms say that proof includes valid government-issued ID, but doesn't limit to just that. They say nothing about utility bills, although I think that might work.

There is no solid definition for what "Southern California" is either, but Disney arbitrarily specifies it by zip code - anything from 90000-93599. So apparently Visalia counts, but Fresno doesn't.

Thanks I figured a DL would be enough, but wanted to make sure

Same deal as years past...with same zip code restrictions iirc. Valid DL alone is sufficient.

Folks, this morning some notice from the app flashed as I opened my phone about a special ticket offer. However, once I opened the app I could find no trace of it. Did I imagine it or can anyone help to enlighten me? Obviously I'm an AP-holder but many friends would like to come for the day so I'd like to help them out.

Every adult will need to show proof that they live in SoCal. They take your picture on the first day and you don't have to show it again.
Man I was really hoping my brother could get us tickets for all of us! It sounds like they've really cracked down in the last few years on proof of residency. we're only going for two days anyway so I guess it's not that big of a deal. But the 3-day so-cal ticket might have been actually cheaper in the long run!

I saw the commercial for the child ticket deal last night while watching the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover on the CW. They only featured the 3-day one park per day price and none of the fine print mentioned park hoppers or MaxPass.

I just bought 3 day tickets for my daughter and myself this past weekend. I was trying to make sure we didn't get hit with a price increase. I never thought there would be a price decrease three days later!
The decrease happened last year as well. We’re going in June and these deals seem to end in spring so I went ahead and bought through LMTC last November.

I saw the commercial for the child ticket deal last night while watching the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover on the CW. They only featured the 3-day one park per day price and none of the fine print mentioned park hoppers or MaxPass.
If people go to the DLR website, they can find all the details on the promo tickets (SoCal and Promo Child's Ticket), including park hoppers and MP:

Enjoy 3 Days of Magic with Your Child (Ages 3 to 9) for as Little as $67 Per Day with a 3-Day, 1 Park Per Day Child Ticket

The SoCal Resident Ticket is Back – As Low as $67 Per Day for a 3 Day, 1 Park Per Day Ticket

I know. However, for those who might not have been thinking of visiting, that commercial might be the first news they get about this child ticket special.

I know. However, for those who might not have been thinking of visiting, that commercial might be the first news they get about this child ticket special.
Right, so hopefully those people will either go to the DLR website or call their travel agent for more information. For anyone cruising through this thread looking for more information, now they know!

I think they do that to suck people in. They advertise it as "hey come to DL with these tickets, only $67 a day!" Then when you check the site, you see more details about parkhoppers.

Saw lots of people using these tickets this past weekend. It does slow down the turnstiles because (rightfully so), they are checking everyone's driver's license when they scan the ticket for the first time, and then they take a photo. Literally no one seemed to anticipate that they would check ID at the turnstile, so every guest I saw had to dig out their DL, and it did delay the lines. So, if you are using this great deal (which I sadly won't be since I live in Texas!), please have your DL out before you get to the gate! Then more people can get in to compete with you for ROTR BGs, ha ha!

Just a head's up, as @twodogs reported, they are 100% checking IDs at the turnstiles for each adult WITH a ticket (not the purchaser), so have your ID out and ready, even if using the app for your tickets. It caused some stress and slowdown right before park opening yesterday, as people were impatiently waiting to get in for Rise.

However, they did NOT take my mom's photo upon initial entry yesterday. This was definitely not standard - be prepared for the photo - so I'm curious if a) our CM's system was down, or b) they were rushing people through as best they could to get boarding passes (I doubt this, but perhaps?.) Her photo was taken later in the day at DCA when we hopped over.

Just a head's up, as @twodogs reported, they are 100% checking IDs at the turnstiles for each adult WITH a ticket (not the purchaser), so have your ID out and ready, even if using the app for your tickets. It caused some stress and slowdown right before park opening yesterday, as people were impatiently waiting to get in for Rise.

However, they did NOT take my mom's photo upon initial entry yesterday. This was definitely not standard - be prepared for the photo - so I'm curious if a) our CM's system was down, or b) they were rushing people through as best they could to get boarding passes (I doubt this, but perhaps?.) Her photo was taken later in the day at DCA when we hopped over.

I saw that when I added a day to our park hoppers. I thought maybe it was that they transferred our old photos to the database for our new tickets, but when we returned we were asked to get new photos taken. I asked why since I wasn't asked in the morning, and I was told that when they're super busy they sometimes skip taking photos to keep the lines moving.

We will be visiting family in CA in February. 3 of us, my wife, myself, and our 19 year old daughter. Our relative agreed to purchase resident discount tickets for us.

Questions:
  1. Are we even allowed to use resident tickets? Do we need ID at the gate?
  2. If yes, we are only planning on spending 2 days at the parks. If they purchased 2 of the 3 day discount passes, would we be able to use them for the 3 of us for 2 days, or is each pass "per person"? I hope that makes sense?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter