So, with the new direct price increase out there...

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
Anyone care to guess what price Riviera will start at?

Will they price it a little lower or in line with the newer legacy resorts (GFV, CCV, Poly, Blt?), to make it attractive to new purchasers?

Or will they price it out of this world to give it the air of something really special?

I think it will be priced in line or higher. Disney seems to be increasing everything, so I am sure this wouldn't be any different.

Same as CCV, whatever that is at the time. If it goes on sale before January, 2020, barring an unusual mid-year price increase and/or developer incentives (promos/discounts), it'll be $188/point.

Same as CCV, whatever that is at the time. If it goes on sale before January, 2020, barring an unusual mid-year price increase and/or developer incentives (promos/discounts), it'll be $188/point.

Right I forgot about developer incentives. $188 would make it look like a bargain against the rumoured new prices of some of the older resorts.

I am guessing $199/point.. As I said in a earlier thread months ago.. Maybe $5-8 less/point with incentives. Keeping it just below the "$200/point threshold.. Just my .02..

I too think it will be in the $180's. One aspect that is going to be different is the resale restriction and how guides with spin that to potential buyers if the subject comes up.

CCV new price will be $188 at the end of this week. I'd guess Riveria will be more than CCV because they want it to appear like something better. I'd guess $195 to $198.

I think they are going to play-up the gondola and easy access and price it above CCV with builder incentives to bring it down.

If its touted as baby of GF and BLT, my guess will be $208.

I, too, am on board with the price just starting under $200 not including the initial incentives. The "Gondola Resort" will be the push, as will the relative ease of getting to DHS and Epcot. Reflections will then come in as the first DVC resort to start above $200, though by that time, Disney's direct prices will be pushing $200. As a general rule, Disney does not start at or below the price offered for the latest preceding resort as they manage to find a new resort cachet upon which to pin the price.

I think it will start at $199, sounds better than $200, but I wonder if they would sell a new resort less than their old ones. So much depends on the features of the place; will it be over the top? There is speculation that this will be the swankiest DVC yet. Not much has been released except how resale will be restrictive. For the buyers that are educated about resale this could be a reason not to buy knowing it might be hard for them to unload it. Yet, we have 500 points bought direct (at $89 yay!,) since we didn't know about resale; there are a lot of buyers unaware of the resale market too.

Unless Riviera is an outstanding resort that owners will never want to trade out of, I see a big drop in sales/price a year out when people want to sell and there isn't a resale market for the place because of the restrictions.

It looks like it could be an outstanding resort, huge though.

I'm more interested in the point chart- in line with the BWV/BCV or higher?

Even though the theme isn't the most exciting, I think it will be easier for them to sell Riviera than CCV. Gondolas dispatching to two parks every 30 seconds beats a boat to only one park every 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter