So, with the new direct price increase out there...

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by AdamsMum, Jan 9, 2019.

1. AdamsMum

AdamsMum DIS Veteran

Anyone care to guess what price Riviera will start at?

Will they price it a little lower or in line with the newer legacy resorts (GFV, CCV, Poly, Blt?), to make it attractive to new purchasers?

Or will they price it out of this world to give it the air of something really special?

2. Liv&Leah

Liv&Leah Earning My Ears

I think it will be priced in line or higher. Disney seems to be increasing everything, so I am sure this wouldn't be any different.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. Bing Showei

Bing Showei DIS Veteran

I suspect it will come in somewhere between "I'll wait for resale" and "WHAT THE HELL? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

Plus or minus.

karensi, dclpluto, Doug7856 and 12 others like this.
  5. ScubaCat

ScubaCat DIS Veteran

Same as CCV, whatever that is at the time. If it goes on sale before January, 2020, barring an unusual mid-year price increase and/or developer incentives (promos/discounts), it'll be $188/point.

AdamsMum likes this.
  6. AdamsMum

AdamsMum DIS Veteran

Right I forgot about developer incentives. $188 would make it look like a bargain against the rumoured new prices of some of the older resorts.

7. MommaBerd

MommaBerd DIS Veteran

I’m guessing at least $200.

8. deerh

deerh DIS Veteran

I am guessing $199/point.. As I said in a earlier thread months ago.. Maybe $5-8 less/point with incentives. Keeping it just below the "$200/point threshold.. Just my .02..

sleepydog25 and AdamsMum like this.
  9. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Guess $180.

10. Mumof4mice

Mumof4mice Mouseketeer

$188. But for a limited time - $182 add-on special for valued members!! :welcome:

11. Sandisw

Sandisw Moderator Moderator

I too think it will be in the $180's. One aspect that is going to be different is the resale restriction and how guides with spin that to potential buyers if the subject comes up.

12. Drewferin

Drewferin Mouseketeer

CCV new price will be $188 at the end of this week. I'd guess Riveria will be more than CCV because they want it to appear like something better. I'd guess $195 to $198.

13. Jack_Sparrow_NJ

Jack_Sparrow_NJ Mouseketeer

I think they are going to play-up the gondola and easy access and price it above CCV with builder incentives to bring it down.

14. js

js Been around since before the disboards 90s crash

If its touted as baby of GF and BLT, my guess will be $208.

MommaBerd likes this.
  15. AdamsMum

AdamsMum DIS Veteran

LOL...I wonder, how would the "valued members" who know about the resale trap react?

16. sleepydog25

sleepydog25 Been here awhile

I, too, am on board with the price just starting under $200 not including the initial incentives. The "Gondola Resort" will be the push, as will the relative ease of getting to DHS and Epcot. Reflections will then come in as the first DVC resort to start above $200, though by that time, Disney's direct prices will be pushing $200. As a general rule, Disney does not start at or below the price offered for the latest preceding resort as they manage to find a new resort cachet upon which to pin the price.

17. Donna M

Donna M DIS Veteran

I think it will start at $199, sounds better than $200, but I wonder if they would sell a new resort less than their old ones. So much depends on the features of the place; will it be over the top? There is speculation that this will be the swankiest DVC yet. Not much has been released except how resale will be restrictive. For the buyers that are educated about resale this could be a reason not to buy knowing it might be hard for them to unload it. Yet, we have 500 points bought direct (at $89 yay!,) since we didn't know about resale; there are a lot of buyers unaware of the resale market too.

Unless Riviera is an outstanding resort that owners will never want to trade out of, I see a big drop in sales/price a year out when people want to sell and there isn't a resale market for the place because of the restrictions.

It looks like it could be an outstanding resort, huge though.

18. aoconnor

aoconnor WDW Nut

I'm more interested in the point chart- in line with the BWV/BCV or higher?

Even though the theme isn't the most exciting, I think it will be easier for them to sell Riviera than CCV. Gondolas dispatching to two parks every 30 seconds beats a boat to only one park every 10 minutes.

AdamsMum likes this.
  19. deerh

deerh DIS Veteran

It will be huge for sure! A big resort!!

20. Disneykate605

Disneykate605 Disney Life

I'm not interested in buying at Riviera but I really can't wait to find out the room configuration and point charts. I hate that it's such a secret!

MommaBerd likes this.