So Pete’s a licenced Real Estate Agent...

I always assumed that moving to Orlando was their way of plugging the real estate business.
It was, And that was fine- but because Pete wasn’t an agent it had more of a disney feel to it where Pete was critical when he needed to be. As I understand it, thats not something he can do any more. I recall several situations where Pete’s said “now, you’re a licenced real estate agent, so you can’t say x, but I can”- who is going to give the balancing viewpoint now?

It's a business and he found an appropriate and smart way to expand his 'empire' into something that parallels to his field during the pandemic. While he was sitting in his bunker (!) he used his time wisely and educate himself and better himself in a closely related field to adapt to the times to make money. I think it's great and of course whenever you get information as a consumer on a subject you should educate yourself of your sources and get your information from a variety of ways and he is just one of those ways to help you along in your process. The only way businesses these days can stay afloat when you're a business owner is to adapt to the times and change your business models and adapt or your business will sink. Good for him! Perhaps moving forward he will offer another point of view of a non real estate agent on his topics on moving to orlando I'm sure he will to broaden the conversations in the future. Small business owners have the world on their shoulders right now, it's very tough out there, Bravo Pete!

It's a business and he found an appropriate and smart way to expand his 'empire' into something that parallels to his field during the pandemic. While he was sitting in his bunker (!) he used his time wisely and educate himself and better himself in a closely related field to adapt to the times to make money. I think it's great and of course whenever you get information as a consumer on a subject you should educate yourself of your sources and get your information from a variety of ways and he is just one of those ways to help you along in your process. The only way businesses these days can stay afloat when you're a business owner is to adapt to the times and change your business models and adapt or your business will sink. Good for him! Perhaps moving forward he will offer another point of view of a non real estate agent on his topics on moving to orlando I'm sure he will to broaden the conversations in the future. Small business owners have the world on their shoulders right now, it's very tough out there, Bravo Pete!
Disneyworldsk post said exactly what I was thinking.

Just to be clear: I’m not knocking Pete for expanding his wings and creating another revenue stream. We’re in the process of doing similar things ourselves in preparation for a move down the line. If he wants to expand his business, who are any of us to criticise that?

I’m just curious/somewhat concerned as to what the show will look like, and therefore how long it might last now he’s limited on what he can say.

Oh, I thought only Sean was a real estate agent. Didn't realize Pete was one now too... that's awesome! I also really liked Eric Gross and his insights, but I haven't seen him on the videos here in a while. As someone who dreams to one day move to the magic, I really love the content that the Dis puts out in this regard. It really gives us Northerners the lay of the land :thumbsup2

Oh, I thought only Sean was a real estate agent. Didn't realize Pete was one now too... that's awesome! I also really liked ********** and his insights, but I haven't seen him on the videos here in a while. As someone who dreams to one day move to the magic, I really love the content that the Dis puts out in this regard. It really gives us Northerners the lay of the land :thumbsup2

Did you type a bunch of stars / asterisk’s or has that been auto censored?

I say good on him for improving himself! Well done Pete!

But Mark’s point is well taken. Now he can’t talk about anything that violates various protections in the Fair Housing Act. Certainly there are very important protections especially in light of the current dialogue.
However, it also extends to things like discussing the quality of the schools or crime. Does anyone know if he can even really say if a neighborhood is young families versus retired?

A good friend bought a townhome in a neighborhood she loves with walking trails and good parks but now a few years later her young kids are entering school. Her elementary is considered poorly ran and academically way behind. She is now facing a bunch of not great choices for next school year and in reality admits she likely will just have to move at some point.

So I see Mark’s point, I appreciate Pete for his candor, and this is a catch twenty two, he has more knowledge but also gave up some of his unfiltered opinion which I value.

Last edited:
The bigger question I have is without the theme parks, why would anyone move to Orlando? That's a serious question. I get no snow, FL taxes, and halfway in between two coasts, but the pay in Florida isn't great, traffic is terrible, it's unbearable in the summer, and the bugs/alligators. It truly let's you know how important Disney is to the area.

With that being said, Pete seems like a smart businessman who is trying to diversify, but it makes me wonder where Orlando real estate is headed if you can't get into the parks, without being a guest, with the COVID restrictions.

Just to be clear: I’m not knocking Pete for expanding his wings and creating another revenue stream. We’re in the process of doing similar things ourselves in preparation for a move down the line. If he wants to expand his business, who are any of us to criticise that?

I’m just curious/somewhat concerned as to what the show will look like, and therefore how long it might last now he’s limited on what he can say.
My guess is probably adding more to it. more opinions, expanding. I don't take your post to be negative at all. Just facts. And I"m looking forward to seeing the upcoming changes for sure . I trust his system, works so far for me overall.

Does anyone know if he can even really say if a neighborhood is young families versus retired?

Okay, I just googled to answer my own question about what real estate agents can and can’t say and it was really illuminating. I had no idea how many things they have to be careful with.

I have to agree with Mark. It’s curious Pete would box himself in like that. He can do house tours and talk floor plans but he has to be super careful about discouraging anyone from any particular neighborhood. I thought that candor was a great part of the original version.

Last edited:
I mean if that is the law, that is the law. Pete can't help that. But wow???

So real estate agents can only mention the "good" about areas and not any "bad"?
My take is you can say things are inclusive “children are welcome here” but can’t say thing that would show preference to a lifestyle or apply anything about the demographics ie no talking about schools beyond scores.

So a comment that “there is an XYZ church, that have a strong presence in the community, runs an excellent private school and host many community events” might sound positive or “good” but could be problematic.
But I may be misunderstanding and feel free to correct me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter