So much for Castaway Gold

Actually this is incorrect. They release 50% of all slots to online booking, and all slots are available to Platinum, Gold, etc. If they were to only release some bookings, then being able to book that far out would not really be a repeat cruiser benefit. 30% of reservations are held for booking on the first day of the cruise, and 20% are held for concierge. If you are put on a wait-list and get your reservation onboard, then you got one of the unused concierge spots. This info is straight from onboard concierge team.

Firstly, agree as I understand it All 'online' allocation is released first day, (120 days)

Very interesting, as my percentages were from concierge as well (August 2009). They differ slightly, mine said more are released to non suite. But overall the high level information is exactly the same.

Mine have been ''public'' before, in a guide book trying to find it.

After having been paranoid for months about not getting in for the brunch or the high tea for our recent 7 nighter before the cruise, and after seeing how much availability was offered for both when I actually boarded the cruise, I've stopped worrying about this issue. I firmly believe that Disney offers very limited availability online just to drum up artificial demand. I'm sure you'll get exactly what you want once you actually board. :goodvibes

I agree with Crystal. After worrying and worrying about online availability (or lack there of) we were able to book everything we wanted once onboard. We could literally name our treatments and time at the spa. We were, however, able to go to the designated spot for changes by 1:15 or so. Good luck!

...but I couldn't book our family of 3 into a brunch at Palo after I finished the excursions anyway!! Only tables of 1-2 available. So I booked 2 of us & hoping to add the 3rd when we board! lol

As for massages, I watched them dwindle as I checked back periodically & they all went except the dinner time ones... in the first hour.

I will be checking back sometimes, but I sat there at my computer...and also found it difficult to snag what we wanted....at midnight!!!!

:surfweb:

My blood pressure just went up reading these posts.:scared1:

Glad we have no interest in Palo, the spa, etc, the stress of getting reservations would kind of off set the relaxation of the trip for me.

FYI - "Midnight" = 12:01 Eastern time (and per current daylight savings). Thus, 11:01 Central, 10:01 Mountain, 9:01 Pacific.

So grab your mouse and good luck (we got everything we wanted for the 6/12 Baltic last night)!

:lmao: You should have seen me....I was like yelling at my pc, an inanimate object like it could hear me and respond. :surfweb: <---that would have been me if the smiley was beating the monitor with a 3 ring binder!!!!

I personally think you should try out the theroy that they hold spots for each tier and non-CC members and then report back here if it works! :flower3:

Is this what you mean? :badpc:

:thumbsup2 :goodvibes :laughing:

Actually this is incorrect. They release 50% of all slots to online booking, and all slots are available to Platinum, Gold, etc. If they were to only release some bookings, then being able to book that far out would not really be a repeat cruiser benefit. 30% of reservations are held for booking on the first day of the cruise, and 20% are held for concierge. If you are put on a wait-list and get your reservation onboard, then you got one of the unused concierge spots. This info is straight from onboard concierge team.

Actually I do know this is correct. I NEVER gave % because I do not commit those to memory because it is not very important to me. I know when the early booking became available one cruise, we slept the date and the next day went on-line and everything "appeared" to be gone. I called DCL and they told me not to worry about it, I would get in if I tried again at the next release date. True enough, I went on and a lot of more spaces were open. I booked and then had friends who also wanted to book. When they finally got around to booking again it appeared they were all taken. Again called DCL and they told us just wait until we got on the ship and again not a big deal, they got it. It was their first cruise. When I mentioned it to the officers on the ship taking the booking, they informed me of how the releases go; also reminding me some slots are available for suite/wedding ceremony guest as well. One CM went on to say of course we have to do it that way or none of our first time cruisers would fall in love with the "extra" services on board and want to come back... The "extras" make it more "Magical" she said. "So we want everyone to have that opportunity" She then confirmed our friends reservation and said "Have A Magical Cruise".:hug: It totally made sense to me.... I had no problems with it since it still alllows us previous cruisers to book and plan ahead of others and them booking after me does not change anything.
Now I do have to agree with the OP who says it makes him angry for people to book the just in case reservation... Those kind of tick me off too. I have even heard people here tell people to do that... I think the reservation deposit is a good idea.:thumbsup2

this is why the whole priority thing makes me crazy! I understand DCL trying to appease guests by offering the CC tiers & suite/concierge opportunities like other cruise lines. But then you have people who get aggrevated since they can't get anything when their 'slot' opens. The other part that drives me nuts is we're taking a 12 day baltic which counts the same as a 3 day - how is that one fair???

But since I'm spending all that $ on the cruise I can't afford a trip to the spa anyway ;)

...The other part that drives me nuts is we're taking a 12 day baltic which counts the same as a 3 day - how is that one fair???

^ ^ Ahaha this is what I've been thinking!! All our cruises have been 7 nights or more, but we haven't "advanced" too far in the spectrum. LOL
It really is a bit stressful trying to snag all this stuff online, especially when it has disappeared 15 min. into the booking window!!!

Still, I disagree with those who think that we should charge a fee... at least in that it would help any. The system only allows ONE reservation per person for so many things anyway. We couldn't get a table for brunch for the 3 of us (only 1-2) but we could get a table for the other one, at the same time...what??! Should I book 2 tables for the 3 of us? :confused3

No.... the best advice I've received is to wait for the next "tier" to open, or when we board. When we first started doing this in 2000, everything had to be booked after boarding anyway, and it was fairly easy....no, it was even more stressful! did I just contradict myself? Oh well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter