So many race questions!

ryansstitch

Mouseketeer
hi all, I have recently registered for the Princess half marathon and I'm so excited! In good ways and there's a few things that give me a little anxiety. I've got a slew of questions though, I'm hoping to benefit from all of the knowledge here!
1) what is the actual duration of the race? I understand that a 16 minute mile is the minimum, but does that mean the race is 3:30 minutes long and that is the time that you must meet in order to avoid the dreaded "sweep"?
2) is there a set number of character stops or does it seem to vary? ive seen that some people in earlier corrals seem to get shorter lines, but for those in the middle or end, is it unrealistic to think you could stop for any or all of the characters?
3) are there any characters that seem to always show up on the course?
4) is there anyplace decent aside from ChEAR squad seating that families can wait to meet us?
5)is the finish line inside or just outside of Epcot? I'm wondering about the hassle to get back into the park, as we want to go to akershus after the race.
6) how early do people start getting into corrals?
7) what's the current status on whether you get medals if you are swept? I've read mixed experiences on the boards.

I have a friend joining me whose fastest pace so far for a half is a bit slower than a 16 minute mile, and I wonder if she will have to miss the fun (and have to hold her bladder for hours)in order to just get past the finish line. I'm a bit nervous she won't make it, but she has decided she wants to do the GSC as well.

Thank you for any and all help!

hi all, I have recently registered for the Princess half marathon and I'm so excited! In good ways and there's a few things that give me a little anxiety. I've got a slew of questions though, I'm hoping to benefit from all of the knowledge here!
1) what is the actual duration of the race? I understand that a 16 minute mile is the minimum, but does that mean the race is 3:30 minutes long and that is the time that you must meet in order to avoid the dreaded "sweep"?
2) is there a set number of character stops or does it seem to vary? ive seen that some people in earlier corrals seem to get shorter lines, but for those in the middle or end, is it unrealistic to think you could stop for any or all of the characters?
3) are there any characters that seem to always show up on the course?
4) is there anyplace decent aside from ChEAR squad seating that families can wait to meet us?
5)is the finish line inside or just outside of Epcot? I'm wondering about the hassle to get back into the park, as we want to go to akershus after the race.
6) how early do people start getting into corrals?
7) what's the current status on whether you get medals if you are swept? I've read mixed experiences on the boards.

I have a friend joining me whose fastest pace so far for a half is a bit slower than a 16 minute mile, and I wonder if she will have to miss the fun (and have to hold her bladder for hours)in order to just get past the finish line. I'm a bit nervous she won't make it, but she has decided she wants to do the GSC as well.

Thank you for any and all help!
1. You can and likely will finish the race faster than 3:30 if you train for it. That is just the time you must complete it in to avoid the sweep. Now that 16 minutes doesn't start until the last starter crosses the start line.

2. There really isn't a set number. Everyone can stop for characters its just how much time you think you have until you get swept. If you start in the last corral and the character line is 25 minutes long its probably not in your advantage to wait for that character.

3. For princess weekend the meets tend to be themed to princesses.

4. Families can wait in the finish area for free but can't watch you finish from there really.

5. Just outside epcot in the parking lot. It is an easy walk right back into the park if you want.

6. Buses usually start picking up at 3AM from the resorts. You can start heading to the corrals as soon as you get to the race area but many tend to wait a little bit as you will have time.

7. From what I have heard it seems you do get a medal if you are swept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter