So many choices, opinions needed

disneyherewecome

Earning My Ears
Okay so this is my very first post.. I just signed up (even though I have been obsessed with reading this site) and I need help with all these choices. We are going July 5th-10th. We already had reservations to The all-star movies july 5th-11th, but want to go to a moderate instead, I think..lol. We have the dining plan and have 3 boys (ages 5,4,1). What do you all think is the best one to go to with the boys. I have changed it in my mind like 20 times and really need to set it straight before i go crazy. THANKS

I think they all look nice but with boys you might want to go for POR. They have the "fishing hole" and I've been told they have a campfire program. They also have the Sassagoula River Cruise for kids - they teach them about being a jester and it is supposed to be similar to the Pirates Cruise. CSR I believe has a better pool, but a lot of conventioneers. I think POR has the second best pool of the moderates. They also have a boat to DTD.

CBR is really nice too. They have the biggest rooms of the moderates but a lot of people complain that it is too spread out. I would book a preferred room if you decide to book CBR so you wouldn't have to worry about being too far from the main bldg. They have also recently started doing a Pirate Cruise.

It is a lot of choices, but all the resorts have something special to offer. After all, they are all Disney resorts! Have a magical trip.

Hi we are going to be at WDW 5th-10th also!! Maybe we will pass each other, course will never know it!! :goodvibes Anyway, we had thought of staying at a Mod next year with our kids and I my opinion is POR with the kids, just seemed to offer more I think the kids will enjoy. No matter what though I am sure you will have a blast no matter where you end up staying!! :)

We have never stayed at a moderate resort. However if I had to chose one I would go with POR. It just seems like on these boards it is the moderate resort everyone raves about.

CBR gets some really great reviews but as the previous poster states people complain about how spread out it is and with children I would think that would be an issue.

POR is wonderful. I think your boys would love that pool, the fishing and the fact you can take the boat over to DTD. Also, you can get a trundle bed at POR which is nice, although I guess your one year old needs a crib over a trundle. I can also recommend POFQ. Smaller resort, but still all the great southern theming and a boatride away from DTD. I prefer POR a bit but think either one is a great choice. Also, if you stay at either resort you can use the pool at the other one, they are about a 10 minute walk from each other across the bridge that connects them. Have a great time at WDW!

I think I would lean toward POFQ. I think with 3 little ones you'll apreciate the small size of this resort. And like others have said you can walk over or boat over to POR and use the pool there.

I f you are going to go moderate, i would check out DVCrent/tradeboard before I decided. There, you can get deluxe at moderate cost.

I would stick with Movies while your kids are young. That is what we did and we don't regret it. There is still time for the mod's when they are older and you really need the room and when your kids will appreciate the decor and pool slides more! Although the grounds in the mods are nicer and well landscaped, what kid would notice over the larger than life icons and adorable courtyards at ASMo? ASMo is like a huge playground!! They will love the child like feel of your room and get a kick out of the popcorn sconces and they will love to decorate your window up with their treasures!! You may be a little cramped but will love the fact that this resort is more compact and the food courts and buses easily accessible. The rooms are not the Ritz but like everyone says "How much time do you really spend in your room anyway??!!" :teeth: This is such a fun resort and it's a wonderful extention of the magic of Disney. POR, POFQ and CBR are all wonderful but when my kids were younger, ASMo was awesome in their eyes!! In fact, one day after returning from a fantastic day at MK that I was so sure was more special than anything we had ever done, my son who was then about 4 screamed "Oh My Gosh!!!" when he saw the main pool with Sorcerer Mickey for the first time!!

Good luck with your decision. :goodvibes

I haven't been to the mods and are sure that they are "cushier" ... BUT we went to All Star Movies w/ our two boys ( ages 3 and 6 at the time ) and my nephews ( ages 3, 5, and 8 ) last November and they are all STILL talking about it :) It is just plain fun and brings lots of the Disney Movie Magic to life in a BIG way. My little guy still talks about our "Toy Story Bedroom". We loved it - no problems at all - and wouldn't change a thing for our first Disney visit !

CSR is a large resort that does not share services with other resorts and offers some deluxe amenities because it is a convention resort.

CSR has a salon, spa, and a gym that other moderates do not offer. CSR has full menu room service and offers an internal shuttle system provided by golf carts to assist in getting to and from the main building to the villages.

It is also the only mod to offer suites.

CSR is situated around a 15 acre lake and CBR is situated around a 45 acre lake.

CSR has terrific transportation. It does not share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ) and it only has 4 bus stops within the resort (vs 8 at CBR). And since CSR is centrally located, you'll have a quick ride to all the parks.

And being a convention resort, the buses seem less crowded because guests are busy with their conventions.

eim9ut.jpg

Photo by Ducky4Disney

ehybeg.jpg

ea5ytc.jpg

ea5z7l.jpg

fod6wm.jpg

fod75f.jpg

fod8n4.jpg

CSR has the best pool of the mods and probably the second best on WDW property. Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.

eaqyk9.jpg

o54511.jpg

c73cd4e144.jpg

Review from mousesavers.com!!

Coronado Springs is my Best Value choice in the Moderate category. It has several advantages compared with the other Moderate resorts. It is newer, so there has been less wear-and-tear on everything. Also, Coronado Springs is a convention hotel, so it has a few extra amenities not offered at the other Moderates, including a salon, a health club and a more upscale food court.

The theming is radically different in the three areas of Coronado Springs. You can request a specific area when booking but there is no guarantee you'll get your request.
  • The Spanish-style Casitas at Coronado Springs are very peaceful, with courtyards featuring tiled fountains. Casitas Buildings 1, 3 and 2 (in that order) are the closest to the restaurants and services. Casitas Building 4 contains the salon and health club, if those are important to you.
  • The Cabanas at Coronado Springs have a beachy Caribbean feeling. Cabanas Building 8A is very close to the feature pool, which may be a blessing (convenience) or a curse (noise, light). Cabanas Building 9B is closest to the marina and relatively convenient to the restaurants and services.
  • The Ranchos at Coronado Springs feel quiet and secluded -- some would say isolated -- and feature desert landscaping and pueblo-style architecture. They look closest to the main pool on a map, but in actuality they are separated from the rest of the property by a swamp, so it can be a fairly long walk from these buildings to the pool, and a very long walk to the restaurants.

novdisneydreams said:
I haven't been to the mods and are sure that they are "cushier" ... BUT we went to All Star Movies w/ our two boys ( ages 3 and 6 at the time ) and my nephews ( ages 3, 5, and 8 ) last November and they are all STILL talking about it :) It is just plain fun and brings lots of the Disney Movie Magic to life in a BIG way. My little guy still talks about our "Toy Story Bedroom". We loved it - no problems at all - and wouldn't change a thing for our first Disney visit !

I have to agree with the sentiments regarding Movies. Even though POR would get my vote if the OP is set on a moderate, I was thinking as I posted on this thread previously, that in some ways its a shame to switch. The rooms at Movies are not noticeably smaller from my perspective. The beds are the same size. You only have one sink at Movies, but with kids the age of her kids, I don't think that is that crucial. Now teenagers that do a lot of primping, well you would need a sink for each one of them! As far as the pools, I don't think kids the age of the OP's would need or even use a pool slide that much. POR is wonderful and gets my vote for a moderate (and I base that solely on my stays at the two moderates I have been to, POR and POFQ) but I think for three little boys Movies would be perfect. Either way, have a great vacation in WDW!

I LOVE POR and don't think you can go wrong with staying there, but you may want to try another moderate while your little one is under three and not counted yet. Once he turns three, POR will be the ONLY moderate you will be able to stay at. Frankly, for only a little more and with at least a AAA rate, I would seriously consider WL or even AKL since you can only do a standard room before the 3rd child turns 3. WL would be great because of how close you are to MK and you have the boat acess. I absolutely LOVE :love: POR though. I do wish I had tried WL before my kids multiplied to the number of 6 but otherwise I would not personally wish to stay anywhere else. At least not in the moderate price range.

I also want to add that if you don't want to go for WL or AKL, why not just stay with Movies.....it also will be not long before you can't stay in one room there. I know my kids would love Movies but we'd need two rooms even with my parents getting a room so it seems the better deal to just get a room at POR conecting with my parents. Just some things to consider for you!

Thank you so much to everyone who posted...We have decided to go with our original and stay at the MOVIES...I am so excited about it to b/c for the money we are staying an extra night now :cool1: The kids love Toy Story and Herbie too. We looked into WL and AKL but they had no standard rooms left..oh well maybe next time. Thanks Again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter