So Jealous You Got to See Joe Rhode!!!!!

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I am so incredibly jealous that John (and whoever else) got to see Joe Rhode in person. I really find him and what he did to create Animal Kingdom absolutely fascinating. We were very bummed to have to miss the anniversary of AK by a few weeks. Unfortunately, my teaching schedule did not allow for it. So, while I was educating the next generation, you all got to see the man himself! I would be so excited if I were you!

Anybody else have pictures? I'd love to see close-ups!

*raises hand*

:) :) Yeah I was there. It was great to see the opening & rededication. However, alot of the action was done at ground level which meant the only people that could see it were in the front row.

The Rohde talk was incredibly interesting. He definitely spoke to the audience as if everyone was cast members and shared a lot of great info. He highly stressed the importance of the "intrinsic value of nature" and how the architectural designs that went into the park were all based on how they affected nature. I would go more into details but I am pretty sure someone is going to post a video of the lecture and you will just be able to see it for yourself. :woohoo:

DSC_1666.jpg

DSC_1683.jpg

DSC_1687.jpg

DSC_1694.jpg

DSC_1700.jpg

DSC_1708.jpg

R - O - H - D - E

It's an unusual spelling...but like CorEy, I'm sure he'd prefer everyone get it right. :goodvibes

(Plus I bet this is just driving Kevin and John crazy...he he he!!!)

Orlando Attractions Magazine has posted videos of Joe Rohde's presentation, the opening ceremony as well as interviews w/ various people.

They aren't available in all formats yet though... all are in iPod format and they state others are coming.

I would have liked to meet Jane Goddall but I didn't see if she was doing any meet and greets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter