so how old are you, your kids, etc?

How fun!

Me: 34 SAHM
DH: 34 mail carrier We've been married 7 years, together 14.
DD: 5
DS: 1

We're from Long Island, NY. We've been going to Disney at least once a year since our honeymoon, which was DH's first time! He's hooked! DH calls the disboards "dishboards"... LOL Can't break him of it.

Officially claiming the title of Youngest to Post! :banana:

Me: Shannon, 21, native Floridian. I'm a university student majoring in molecular biology with plans to enter medical school after receiving my bachelor's. Certified Disney-nut and passholder. Constantly scheming to earn more and save more (Thank you, budget board).

DBf: Lydon, 21, also a native Floridian. He's a psychology major and biology minor, planning to enter graduate school. Had never been to Disney until we got together; now he loves it just as much as I do. We're addicted! :woohoo:

Wow, neat to see how many people hae been together a long time and are still happily married, especially the ones who have been together since they were young.

OK, so us.

Me- SAHM for almost 16 years. Just took a temporary P/T job in September for one school year as a pre school aid 2 afternoons a week. My last day is tomorrow and I am going to miss them so much. Such cuties! I miss that age. I liked putting the extra money away for our trip and hope that they may need me again in the Fall.

DH- IT Director for a restaurant franchise with about 75 restaurants, so he works a lot! He likes Disney, but LOVES me so he makes the 20+ hour drive every other year. He really wants to do the Disney cruise but it always winds up being so much cheaper to go to the parks. Someday though...

We met when I was 15, we were pen pals during the Gulf War (he was in the Army.) We got engaged when I was 16, married when I was 17, got pregnant when I was 18 and had our DD when I was 19. We will be married 17 years next month and are just as in love as ever! :love: He truly is the greatest man I have ever known.

DD15-50% a wonderful daughter and 50% :scared1:. Not sure how we are going to survive the teenage years 2 more time over. :eek: She likes Disney World, but not so much the characters. She LOVES EPCOT, especially Japan and her favorite thing to do is eat the most unusual things she can from each country and ride the thrill rides. She likes to take it easy in the parks and likes to go off by herself.

DD11- Totally my girl when it comes to Disney. She loves it all and wants to do it all and does pretty good. She can get cranky though when she is sleepy but she will warn you. ("Mom, I am getting tired, I don't want to be a grump so I need a break.") It only happened once last trip but she didn't want to go back to the room so I held her for an hour while she napped in the shade and she was ready to go again all night long.

DD8-Antother mommy's girl when it comes to Disney. She too loves all things Disney! On our last trip she went to Rope Drop with me every day and stayed for PM-EMH every day too. She was 7 on our last trip and survived on 5 hours a night and wasn't cranky a bit (because she knew daddy would take her back to the room for a nap and she didn't want to waste any time in the parks napping.) She is 100% gung-ho right along with me! If she needs a little energy, that is what sugar is for. Give her hers in the form of Kaki Gori or Dole Whip Floats!

Me: 35 SAHM/Babysitter
DH: 41 Mechanic

Will be married 17 years this week.

Kids are turning 18, 11, 6 and 5

2 cats, 3 hermit crabs and a bird lol

ME:38 work P/T as a special education aide
DH:40 VP for automotive conglomerate
DD:11 (wants to be a dentist or a vet)
Taylor is our 13 year old Cardigan Welsch Corgi
Barney is our 2 year old Bishon/Shih Tzu mix
Strawberry is our 6 year old Tabby

DH and I have been married 13 years. DD and I are the Disnuts, and try to go as much as we are able! DH is a good sport and will go every couple of years.
We live in a suburb of Milwaukee, but I'd love to retire to a warmer climate someday.

HI NEIGHBOR! :banana:

Mary•Poppins;36716857 said:
OK ... I am 43 and have 3 boys (the boy club). I am a remedial reading teacher for the past 22 years (10 years as a first grade teacher ... then 12 years as a remedial reading teacher). I LOVE DISNEY and my husband hates it. :sad1: We have been married for 20 years on August 11. ( Been together since I was 18 ... gosh that is young!) I have gone to Disney without him since he doesn't want to go. I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA. Have live on a budget for a long time and hoping to "Live like no one else" some day. :goodvibes

:cool1: I am 41 1/2 and am a stay at home mom with a degree in education...taught for 7 years ( 1st, 2nd, 5th and 7th grades) I have one DD 13 and one DS 5. Married for 19 years on Aug 10!!!! :) Married my middle school sweetheart! :love: I was 12 when he first asked me to "go with him". :yay: Dated off and on for the next 6 years...he got sidetracked and married someone else :eek:and had a son.:scared1:..then he divorced and we got back together:dance3:.
He doesn't care for WDW either. I have gone 2 times w/out him but now he wants to go to make sure I stay in the real world and don't buy everything there.:laughing:
We live in San Antonio.

Wow, neat to see how many people hae been together a long time and are still happily married, especially the ones who have been together since they were young.

OK, so us.

Me- SAHM for almost 16 years. Just took a temporary P/T job in September for one school year as a pre school aid 2 afternoons a week. My last day is tomorrow and I am going to miss them so much. Such cuties! I miss that age. I liked putting the extra money away for our trip and hope that they may need me again in the Fall.

DH- IT Director for a restaurant franchise with about 75 restaurants, so he works a lot! He likes Disney, but LOVES me so he makes the 20+ hour drive every other year. He really wants to do the Disney cruise but it always winds up being so much cheaper to go to the parks. Someday though...

We met when I was 15, we were pen pals during the Gulf War (he was in the Army.) We got engaged when I was 16, married when I was 17, got pregnant when I was 18 and had our DD when I was 19. We will be married 17 years next month and are just as in love as ever! :love: He truly is the greatest man I have ever known.
DD15-50% a wonderful daughter and 50% :scared1:. Not sure how we are going to survive the teenage years 2 more time over. :eek: She likes Disney World, but not so much the characters. She LOVES EPCOT, especially Japan and her favorite thing to do is eat the most unusual things she can from each country and ride the thrill rides. She likes to take it easy in the parks and likes to go off by herself.

DD11- Totally my girl when it comes to Disney. She loves it all and wants to do it all and does pretty good. She can get cranky though when she is sleepy but she will warn you. ("Mom, I am getting tired, I don't want to be a grump so I need a break.") It only happened once last trip but she didn't want to go back to the room so I held her for an hour while she napped in the shade and she was ready to go again all night long.

DD8-Antother mommy's girl when it comes to Disney. She too loves all things Disney! On our last trip she went to Rope Drop with me every day and stayed for PM-EMH every day too. She was 7 on our last trip and survived on 5 hours a night and wasn't cranky a bit (because she knew daddy would take her back to the room for a nap and she didn't want to waste any time in the parks napping.) She is 100% gung-ho right along with me! If she needs a little energy, that is what sugar is for. Give her hers in the form of Kaki Gori or Dole Whip Floats!

The bolded part up there just wows me! My DH served in the Desert Storm as well and while we weren't pen pals during that time we found out after we met I mentioned that I remembered writing a letter to a soldier in seventh grade but I never got a response. He said he had also gotten alot of those though he had only had time to respond to a couple but had kept them all. Years later in the middle of a move I was going through some of our stuff and low and behold in that pile of letters from school kids was one from me! I like to think we were meant to meet.
So now for the introductions:
Me: 32 A wannabe photographer (have the training and equipment never have the time) always been a chronic vacation planner now I'm a chronic disney vacation planner.
DH: 39 (in two weeks) An accident in the Marine Corps left him permantley disabled. He is the love of my life and vice a versa which is probably the only reason he puts up with my Disney obsession:lmao:
We have been married 7 years. We met under interesting circumstances while I was pregnant and in the middle of a nasty divorce. We became best friends and eventually realized we were truly meant for each other.
DD13: Hitting the teenage years with a vengence. Lover of Tinkerbell, skulls and crossbones, and purple and black. Liked our trip to WDW but thinks her mom has lost her mind when it comes to Dising and trying to plan more trips.
DD11: Brilliant little know it all. Loves, loves, loves Minnie Mouse and not afraid to show it. She's totally excited that we found someone on etsy that will make a Minnie dress in her size (still pretty small she's a tiny 11 year old.)
DS9: My lovable, sweet, miracle baby. He has alot of difficultys (mostly with learning) including a form of Autism but his smile can light up my day. He is my co-conspirator on all things disney and keeps asking when we are going back to the castle.

Hey Everyone!

Me: 23 and work as a Dental assistant.Brush your teeth everyone! TRUST ME!
DH: 25 and is a welder for a trash company working on trucks.
(and our newest arrival)
DS: 3 months old! Born 2-17-2010. Professional Pooper! Lol

We are headed for Disneyworld for our sons 1st Disney experience staying at CBR. So excited. We will also be bringing my parents and little brother. Dad used to work at DLR for 15 years with the fireworks team. KABOOM! Well I have less than 2 weeks and can hardly contain my excitement. No peoples mouths for 7 days straight? What will i do with myself?:yay:

The bolded part up there just wows me! My DH served in the Desert Storm as well and while we weren't pen pals during that time we found out after we met I mentioned that I remembered writing a letter to a soldier in seventh grade but I never got a response. He said he had also gotten alot of those though he had only had time to respond to a couple but had kept them all. Years later in the middle of a move I was going through some of our stuff and low and behold in that pile of letters from school kids was one from me! I like to think we were meant to meet.
So now for the introductions:
Me: 32 A wannabe photographer (have the training and equipment never have the time) always been a chronic vacation planner now I'm a chronic disney vacation planner.
DH: 39 (in two weeks) An accident in the Marine Corps left him permantley disabled. He is the love of my life and vice a versa which is probably the only reason he puts up with my Disney obsession:lmao:
We have been married 7 years. We met under interesting circumstances while I was pregnant and in the middle of a nasty divorce. We became best friends and eventually realized we were truly meant for each other.
DD13: Hitting the teenage years with a vengence. Lover of Tinkerbell, skulls and crossbones, and purple and black. Liked our trip to WDW but thinks her mom has lost her mind when it comes to Dising and trying to plan more trips.
DD11: Brilliant little know it all. Loves, loves, loves Minnie Mouse and not afraid to show it. She's totally excited that we found someone on etsy that will make a Minnie dress in her size (still pretty small she's a tiny 11 year old.)
DS9: My lovable, sweet, miracle baby. He has alot of difficultys (mostly with learning) including a form of Autism but his smile can light up my day. He is my co-conspirator on all things disney and keeps asking when we are going back to the castle.

That is a very cool story. I'd agree you were meant to be! :lovestruc

I'm 50 and DH is 63. I work full-time as a University administrator and DH is a SAHD and Marine. DS is 15 and while his IEP says he is on the autism spectrum we avoid labeling him. DD is 14, excels at just about everything. Dear Dog is 4 and is a rescue - chihuahua-Jack Russell-dachsie mix.

I am a native of Pittsburgh who has lived in N.E. Patriots country for 26 years - still love my Steelers and wave my Terrible Towel with pride.

Hey Everyone!

(and our newest arrival)

We are headed for Disneyworld for our sons 1st Disney experience staying at CBR. So excited. We will also be bringing my parents and little brother. Dad used to work at DLR for 15 years with the fireworks team. KABOOM! Well I have less than 2 weeks and can hardly contain my excitement. No peoples mouths for 7 days straight? What will i do with myself?:yay:

We'll be at CBR at the same time. Hope you have a great trip! :)

Hey Everyone!

(and our newest arrival)

My DS was born 2-15-2010!

Me: 27 Special Education Teacher
DH: 27 Apprentice Electrician + Runs a Internet Marketing business on the side
DS1: 3 years 5 months, OBSESSED with cars and LOVES Lightning McQueen
DS2: 14 weeks today, also a professional pooper! LOL
We also have 2 cats, 5 years old, Misha and Mira
Our first trip to Disney this September and I think I may pass out from excitement when I meet Mickey! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter