So do I plan TOO far in advance?!

When we got married, my husband was a roller coaster fanatic, so we did a lot of trips to various amusement parks to check out different coasters. We also had season passes to Kings Island and Cedar Point, so we travelled from IL to Ohio several times a year, and also to the water parks in Wisconsin Dells. Then I introduced him to WDW, and we worked that into our schedule for a couple of trips each year. We had never cruised before DCL...hubby had no interest, even tho' I wanted to try it. When DCL started, I was able to convince him because it was Disney...and you know what happened!! Since then, we've done RCCL four times too. Also, he eventually started horseback riding (I had a horse when we got married, but he didn't start riding for a few years), so that's when we added the dude ranches to our regular trips. I can't imagine life without LOTS of travel!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

As a single mom I need good bargins to travel some I plan in advance some closer in But i am always saving money for a vacation so i have it when I need it . Last March I heard about British air sale $129.00 Ea way nonstop West coast to London Booked it on the spot flights were good thru June so we had our summer vacation . In Nov I just happen to see Disney Cruises on sale $599.00 did alot of checking around (Found this Excellent site) and booked a cat11 inside for $593. Ea all taxes and fees . Just put every extra penny and dime in your vacation fund you can spare and have a wonderful trip when you can .

Your jobs must be with computers also Daves or you two must have great ESP you both always answer back so fast . I am envious of all your travels but I can not complain because I do 1 or 2 nice trips a year by grabbing a deal when I find one about all i do on the computer is search travel sites . I am also collecting information on African Safari for a someday trip . Do you look at Arthur Frommers site i get their newsletter too it has great Ideas and good deals too .I think it is wonderful that you do so many Disney trips but also do other things . I don't usually do the same thing twice I go to different countrys or at least different citys on each trip to see as many different places in this world as possible . This will be my 5th cruise all with different companies we have repeated a few ports now but there is always atleast 2 new ports per cruise for the someplace new . Anyway keep up the great work you do for us on this board but I for one would also love to know about your other adventures as well . Happy Travels .

I do safaris often (actually I <a href="http://www.africansafari.org">LEAD photo safaris</A>), but will take my first cruise this Thursday on the Wonder. I can hardly wait!

FYI: It can rain HARD in the Serengeti in December, but as with cruises I guess, ANY time is better than not going at all ;-).

:bounce: Oh Barb, You live me dream!LOL! I too love to travel, just don't have enough vacation time to do it. Also, hubby & I can't always get the same time off, so I can't take advantage of alot of those wonderful savings that come up. I too plan ahead. I starting planning last May for the 8/02 cruise. Though I didn't book till August. I was going to Ireland last year & came across a great deal with Aer Lingus for 4 tickets, so we took my hubbies 2 girls as HS Graduation gifts. This year my 2 will enjoy the Cruise & WDW for 10 days. Oh, and hubby & I are now planning our trip back to Ireland (by ourselves) for this March, seeing as the deals are so good! I am also planning a family reunion in Ireland for August 2003, so I guess I'm as obsessive as the rest of you! LOL! I too believe in "working hard & playing hard". That's what keeps me going. Especially my trips to Mickey's house! Just keep on living my dream! Kathy :bounce: :wave: :bounce: :wave:

We cruised in July of 01 with another family. We loved it so much that we plan on going in July 03 West. Carib. Cruise. Before we left for our July 01 cruise - knowing we would not have points for 02 - we booked our Myrtle Beach vacation. People think we are sick and wonder how we plan one or two years in advance. The thinking, searching, booking and planning is the best part. Now I know we won't have points in 04 - so where she would try that year - my mind is working already.

I was so excited when I booked our trip last April for next November. I wanted to talk talk talk about it, but when something is not until fall the following year, and your kids would have gone up 2 grades in the interim, it is hard to generate much excitement. Some people ask how the November trip was, and I have to say, Oh it still isn't until NEXT Novmber. But I did get a good price(although now it appears I picked the ONE week all fall that won't fall into the new, reduced across the board fares. Oh well, can't have everything.)

We always go to the same beach for the same couple of weeks every year. I reserve the same house well in advance which also baffles my friends. That's me....I'm a baffler.

Were DPOITK's. Double parents, one income, three kids, one compulsive vacation planner:)

Great site, Taswira! We're pretty much stuck going in Dec. because that way we can spread the vacation days over two years (last week in Dec. and first week in Jan.). Hubby can vouch how much I love the safari ride at AK...my dream is to see the animals in their natural setting.
It's so nice to be among people who understand on these message boards! Even though I've told them time & again, the people at work keep asking me where we're going on our next trip. In 2002, it's all DCL (with a combo WDW trip thrown in). Only a little over a week till our next one...I'm counting down the days anxiously and praying that the snow stays away from Chicago on the day of our flight.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Barb,

I love both your attitude, and your obvious tollerance of children large and small even though you do not have any of your own (other than your husband). And to think I get grief from my boss for all my Disney vacations! When I told him about the upcoming cruise, he said "well, at least this time you are taking the kids!". I should introduce him to you two!

The last "dinks" I ran into were proud of it, arrogant about it, and didn't know why they should be around kids or support kids issues. Even if we did not have kids, I would hope that I would have your attitude.

Too bad we haven't run into you yet on a cruise - maybe we'll see you at Cedar Point sometime. My 14 year old and I are also coaster fanatics!

Have a great time, a great year, and great vacations, I can be nothing but envious! If I had the ability, I would plan away too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter