So do I plan TOO far in advance?!

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
Yes, I have 9 Disney cruises booked thru the end of 2002....
But today, I just finished planning our vacation schedule for 2003!! I didn't book the Disney cruises yet--although I know there will be 6, a couple of the dates are still not solid. But my dream is to go on an African safari, and it will take a looong time to save for, so I am planning it for the last week of 2003 and the first week of 2004. That way, I can spread the vacation days over the span of two years, plus use less days since Christmas and New Years will both fall within there. So in 2003, it will be 6 3-night Disney cruises (including one WDW/DCL combo), Memorial Day week at a dude ranch in Arizona, and a safari on the Serengeti for Christmas/New Years. I guess I AM a compulsive planner!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

i dont think its possible to overplan:D

Sounds like you have a great year planned, room for one more?:D

Emma

Barb - I understand how you use your holiday time to extend your vacations but how the heck can you afford it all? Just wondering, not expecting an answer.

LOL!!! Hey, what else are you supposed to do between trips, but plan more trips? Sounds good to me. :)

Thats ok, Ive already decided in July of 2005 I want to do the 7 day Western Carribean Disney Cruise for my 10th anniversary(provided they still offer it). DH just rolls his eyes at me. :D

I don't think you can plan too far in advance. I have almost as much fun planning as I do on the trips. Some of our friends think I am nuts. But we always get the accomodations we want and they have to take whats left. We have been planning a family vacation with married kids and grandkids for 2003 for a year already. being in the vacation club helps. So just keep planning away and you'll be the organized one while others are running around.

wow , tooo cool yea how do u afford it all ????
lol peter

I don't mind answering about how we afford it...we've DINKS (dual income, no kids), and both hubby and I usually are working two jobs each. For now, I have taken time off from my second job to finish up my doctorate, but then I will go back to doing counseling part time. We work hard and we play hard :D :D :D
We're definitely going to have to save up for the safari, tho'. it's going to be even more pricey than Alaska.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Barb,
Sounds great. I love planning trips. I only have 2 more trips planned at this time, Hilton Head in February and Disney 3 day cruise in October. I need to work at the Disney Store to afford my addicton. Maybe I will one day.

Wow, Barb! Your hubby has 2 jobs and so do you? AND working on a doctorate? You guys deserve to vacation!

People at work gave us a hard time because we have our 2002 trips already planned (HH in April & OKW/DCL 7 day'er in Dec.). The other day I was telling them that my wife and I were looking into 2003 trips and they almost went bonkers! Nothing like planning ahead (gives you something to look forward to).

Aaahhhh.....I remember those DINK days.
Now its SPOKNM- Single Parent One Kid No Money:(

We were DINK's for 9 years before having our first child. Thought nothing of flying anywhere we went. Now it has to be a pretty long trip (> 650 miles) before we seriously consider flying. Sad.

we r dink's right now have been for last 10 years , but we bought a house last year so that means that we have to have a kid to or 2 to fill it up
other than that we just go.....
watch airfares and when we see a good deal we out of here .
this wekend for ex. is a bonus trip for us lv. friday come home for work on wed. airfare was cheap.122.00 r/t
u cant go skiing up north for that or the bed and breakfasts get that . so jen worked the last 2 saturdays and off we go
so we May 11.2002 7 day cruise planned, and a trip to HILTON head in feb. and alsoa trip for December to the world planned .....
peter

And I thought I was bad - I always plan a year in advance. The guys at work always tease me, asking if I've started a countdown yet... just asked for a quote for a cruise leaving in 355 days!

Legs22 - I'm kind of in the same boat as you - SPOK, but I work 4 jobs to be able to afford all this fun.

candleonwater: 4 jobs!!!:eek: How do you do it? What do you do with your OK when you're working all these jobs and when do you have time to see your OK?

Worse than the 4 jobs - try the fact that she is a figure skater and skates 4 days a week!

I'm really lucky that my mother takes her to school, so I can be at the office by 6:30, then when I pick her up at 3, she goes to the office with me. Since she's 5 I have to keep her occupied so that I can get work done - I keep computer games at each office for her to play. I used to work 60 hours a week, but recently cut back to about 50. It's because of this, when we were on our recent cruise that I was reluctant to just stick her in the Club - this cruise gave us lots of quality time :D Good excuse for another, don't you think?

...for my 3-day land/4 -day cruise. Feb 6-13...395 days away. That's the only way this SPTT (Single Parent, Two Teenagers) can afford it. I need the time to save.:smooth:

KarenT

Yikes... I dread when my daughter gets to the teen years, I couldn't imagine having 2!

I'm just so glad to see there are others that think ahead!

My question for Barb and Tony is WHAT DID YOU DO BEFORE YOU FOUND THE DCL?????? You must have had a lot of vacation time to play with. Did you go on other cruise lines, try other types of vacations? What persuaded you to try your first Disney cruise? Was it "love" the first time out or did you try a few cruises before you got hooked? Just curious.....;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter