SO: Anyone Remember Doug Henning Thread. Anyone remember Shields and Yarnell?

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
The married mime couple. They were always on shows like The Tonight Show, Sonny and Cher, Red Skelton, Mike Douglas, etc. And they had their own show on CBS in 1977. My wife and I saw them perform on a cruise on the S.S. Norway in 1983.

I remember them, can't say I recall any specifics about them.

I only know them because they were on The Muppet Show. Interesting I suppose.

I remember them. LOL, seems like they had “15 minutes of fame” for a year or two. Their act was cute and unique I suppose, although not sure they needed their own show. Of course that was the era of the variety show, with singing, dancing, and cheesy skits. I watched many of them as a kid (we only had 3 channels!): Sonny & Cher, Tony Orlando & Dawn, The Captain & Tennille, Donny & Marie, etc. Ah, the 70’s.:laughing:

I remember them. LOL, seems like they had “15 minutes of fame” for a year or two. Their act was cute and unique I suppose, although not sure they needed their own show. Of course that was the era of the variety show, with singing, dancing, and cheesy skits. I watched many of them as a kid (we only had 3 channels!): Sonny & Cher, Tony Orlando & Dawn, The Captain & Tennille, Donny & Marie, etc. Ah, the 70’s.:laughing:
They were active from about 1972 to 1986 so a bit more than a year or two. 400 appearances on TV and they won an Emmy.

I remember them doing a sketch where they were a married robot couple. He had a pipe in his mouth. That's about it.

They were active from about 1972 to 1986 so a bit more than a year or two. 400 appearances on TV and they won an Emmy.
Ok, I stand corrected, thanks for the info. I don’t remember them that well, and don’t think their variety show lasted very long. I just Googled them, and it makes sense they stopped performing together in 1986, since they were divorced that year. Sadly, Lorene Yarnell has passed.

Ok, I stand corrected, thanks for the info. I don’t remember them that well, and don’t think their variety show lasted very long. I just Googled them, and it makes sense they stopped performing together in 1986, since they were divorced that year. Sadly, Lorene Yarnell has passed.
Yes, they were the entertainers on a cruise we went on and they have a very public argument on the ship, spilled into their act.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter