Snow Mom & her 3 dwarfs...grumpy, sicky, and sneaky! Aug. '12 TR (Update 6/1)Complete

I feel the same way about Soarin, it's just one of those rides that instantly makes me happy :goodvibes

Turtle Talk really can be different depending on what kinds of questions are asked and what kind of 'mood' Crush is in, sometimes he is more witty than other times.

I just can't believe I've never done Soarin' before now!!! Definitely is a "must" from now on!!

And I know....I've had really good Crush times...but this one just wasn't!!! Now our Monster Inc. experience (coming soon!!) was awesome!!! Even DH was laughing....and it was out loud laughing!!

We went back to the hotel and immediately swam for about an hour. The kids were starting to get a bit hungry, but after our big brunch, DH and I weren't very hungry. So we just snacked in our room. Everyone laid down a took a little nap.

Now I'm one that makes a schedule for each day of our trip...and I'm one who sticks to it. However, tonight we were suppose to go to Magic Kingdom for EMH, but I really wanted to see Beauty and the Beast Live show...and knew this would be our only opportunity. So <gasp> I changed plans and decided to head to DHS. We showered quickly and took the Friendship Boat to DHS.

Disney2012196.jpg

Disney2012197.jpg

We headed straight for the show since the last one was at 5:00 pm. However...I just HAD to do Tower of Terror, so I went and grabbed a fast pass! We got to the show about 5 min. early and took some pics!!

Disney2012198.jpg

Disney2012199.jpg

Disney2012200.jpg

Disney2012203.jpg

Disney2012204-1.jpg

The show was wonderful...except for a little girl who was sitting on the back of the seat so we couldn't see well. :rolleyes1

When it was over, I went and rode ToT while the rest of the family got some icecream and got it pretty much all over themselves. :confused3 I don't know why DH doesn't use wet wipes like I do!

After we cleaned up as much as we could, we went to watch the Little Mermaid show. We had to wait like 20 min. but it was ok. The kids were pretty good. Of course....more pics. DD got a hold of the camera a little bit!

Disney2012202.jpg

Disney2012205.jpg

Disney2012208.jpg

Disney2012209-1.jpg

I was a little worried about Carson and this show being in the dark....but he did just fine!

We didn't really have much of a plan after this...so we walked around for a bit.

Disney2012210.jpg

38395840112-1.jpg

38395840110-1.jpg

Disney2012206.jpg

The kids were getting hungry, so we decided to eat at Pizza Planet. Food was ok...we all had pizza and salad. Carson loved that it was "Buzz" theme!!

After dinner, we walked a bit more and DD decided she wanted to do Star Tours. So she and DH went on it....while poor Carson cried and cried because he wanted to ride it. I finally talked him into taking a picture and that cheered him up!

Disney2012211.jpg

Next up...The Great Movie ride! I just love that ride...I know many feel it's outdated, but I still love it! The kids did really well with it! Callie loves the Wizard of Oz scene!

We went to go to Fantasmic, but as we were heading over there they announced standing room only...so we decided against it. We shopped for a bit and got Carson his Woody doll...he was in heaven.

Here's a pic of the kids checking out the show in front of the Hat!

Disney2012212.jpg

When we were done shopping...we decided to head back to the hotel....should we call it a night...or find something else to do...we shall see!

38395840113-1.jpg

As an uber planner doesn't it just feel WRONG to change your plans? I've done that before too and I felt like I was commiting some sort of sin :lmao:

The Beauty & the Beast show is worth changing plans for though, one of my favorites :goodvibes

Love your last family pic in front of the hat!

Hey! I am late to this Trip Report, but i must say I am enjoying it so far. I have gotten up to the tusker house chapter and I just love your report. I love how you didn't make the sentences long and it was very colorful. I also loved all the pictures. This is like the only trip report so far this year that has me really excited for our trip to the world in 20/19 days eeek!

BTW: Your children are so adorable and well mannered it seems from the pictures.

As an uber planner doesn't it just feel WRONG to change your plans? I've done that before too and I felt like I was commiting some sort of sin :lmao:

The Beauty & the Beast show is worth changing plans for though, one of my favorites :goodvibes

Love your last family pic in front of the hat!

I KNOW!!!! I went back and forth in my head of whether or not to switch our plans...but I just had to!!! I felt guilty and like I was going to miss something at Magic Kingdom...but in the end...I'm glad I switched!! We had a pretty lazy night at DHS...and sometimes you need those!!

Hey! I am late to this Trip Report, but i must say I am enjoying it so far. I have gotten up to the tusker house chapter and I just love your report. I love how you didn't make the sentences long and it was very colorful. I also loved all the pictures. This is like the only trip report so far this year that has me really excited for our trip to the world in 20/19 days eeek!

BTW: Your children are so adorable and well mannered it seems from the pictures.

Glad you are enjoying it!! I try to keep writing down to a minimum and just share our favorites of the trip!! SO JEALOUS of your upcoming trip!!!! I really want and need to lose weight...so I think right now I'm going to set my goal for April...and if I achieve it...I'm going to take the kids as soon as school is out in June!!! Ssshhh.....don't tell DH!!! :rotfl2: And thanks for the compliments...they are good kids!! Carson just turned 3 yesterday...and it's amazing how much he was grown up in a year!!

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. Life is hectic!!! I did want to post my kiddos on Halloween!!

Callie had to wear her Tianna dress....even though it was freezing!!! And of course...my Buzz...who turned 3 last week also....he wanted to wear his costume to bed....!!!

Fall2012054.jpg

Fall2012051.jpg

Fall2012053.jpg

And look at all the candy!!!

Fall2012117.jpg

As we were walking toward the Friendship boat to catch a ride back to our hotel...we noticed it was just leaving! I didn't want to wait and thought it would be quicker just to walk. That was a mistake!! DH complained the entire walk back....it really isn't that long of a walk....but I guess for him...it was!!

Since we had to pass the Boardwalk to get back to our hotel...we decided to see what it was all about!! We started walking and the kids loved seeing all the action. There were a couple of acts performing...but they were all ending right as we walked up.

The kids said they were hungry....DH said he was hungry. The kids weren't sure what they wanted...DH said he wanted Nachos and Chicken Wings! We settled on a Funnel Cake, Cotton Candy and a Sprite!! We sat on a bench and enjoyed it all until Callie dropped the funnel cake on the ground. :confused3

Disney2012216.jpg

Disney2012215.jpg

Disney2012214.jpg

After that, we decided to head back to the hotel. As we were passing the last food stands...we saw one that had both Nachos and Chicken Wings!! Sorry DH....next time!! :rotfl:

We got to our room, got ready for bed, and watched the remainder of the Closing Ceremonies from the Olympics!

The plan for today was to stay at the hotel in the am to swim and just hang out...then head to DHS for EMH at night. However....none of that happened!!!

For some reason, I went against the plans....again! We woke up and I decided we should head to Magic Kingdom. So we ate breakfast in our room and hopped on the bus. We got to the Magic Kingdom around 9:30 am. And it was busy!!! And it was HOT!! Maybe this wasn't such a good plan.....

Callie really wanted to see Rapunzel, so we went to the Princesses and the wait was 40 min. I did not want to wait that long...so we continued on. This time instead of heading to Tomorrowland, we headed to Adventureland.

First up was the Jungle Cruise. It said it was a 10 min. wait, but it was more like 5 min.! Both kids really enjoyed that one.

Then we headed to Aladdin's Carpets. This was only a 5 min. wait! Another favorite! Except again....Carson wanted the carpet to stay up high the entire ride...so Callie kept yelling at him to make it go up and down :confused3

Disney2012227.jpg

After that we headed over to Frontierland. Callie and I wanted to do Splash Mountain which only had a 10 min. wait...so first we went over and got FP's for Big Thunder Mt.

The 10 min. wait for Splash Mt. turned into a 20 min. wait...but still wasn't bad. This is one of my favorite rides....and Callie's too!!

Disney2012217.jpg

Disney2012218.jpg

Disney2012219.jpg

Is it the big drop yet???? :rotfl:

Disney2012213.jpg

Disney2012221.jpg

While we were in line for Splash, I looked down and saw Woody and Jessie...so I hurried up and called DH (they were in the play area at the end of Splash) and told him Woody was right there to take Carson to see him. He was already there....what a good man to read my thoughts!! Carson only got to meet Woody as Jessie went on break and never came back out :sad: but he was still in heaven!

38395840118.jpg

38395840121.jpg

38395840120.jpg

38395840125.jpg

By the time Callie and I got done...DH had had enough and was ready to go somewhere else. I told him we still had FP's and we weren't leaving yet. He said he was....so off he went while we did BTM.

Callie was scared waiting in line...she had never done this one before. However...in the end...she LOVED it!!!!

Disney2012222.jpg

Now...we had to find DH. :rolleyes2 Where did he go??

After about 10 minutes of trying to call DH on his phone and walking around...he finally came over the bridge. :rolleyes1 I was really annoyed of him at this point!!

However, we continued on to do some rides that DS could do. I knew Peter Pan would be a long wait (45 min. too long for me!!) so we got FP for that. It was REALLY hot so we decided to do Philharmagic. It was only a 5 min. wait...and better yet...air conditioned!!

Disney2012228.jpg

Disney2012229.jpg

Even though DS wouldn't wear the 3D glasses....he still really enjoyed it! So did DH...he had never seen it before!

After that we headed to the Carousel. And it was here we encountered one of the rudest ladies I have ever encountered while at Disney. We got on and went and found a couple horses. Just as my DD was climbing on, this lady came over. She had a cane. She took her cane and slammed it down on the ground very loudly and yelled, "NOOOOOOOOOO.....THAT IS OUR HORSE!!!" OMG....Mommy Bear (me!!) about came unglued.. I was HOT!! :furious: I am not a confrontational person at all...but I did reply back...in my best "Angry Teacher Voice" "You DON'T have to be so rude about it." She didn't say anything. DH was pissed....he can't stand rude people...and it makes him even grumpier.

We moved to different horses and the kids did enjoy the ride.

Disney2012230.jpg

Disney2012231.jpg

After this we went to the sword. There was no line so both kids thought they'd try to pull it out. Unfortunately....they weren't strong enough!!

Disney2012232.jpg

Disney2012233.jpg

Then we headed to the Tea Cups...again! Kids just love this ride! There was only a 5 min. wait!!

Disney2012234.jpg

Disney2012223.jpg

Disney2012225.jpg

Disney2012236.jpg

We decided to head over to the new Dumbo ride. I HAD no idea about the play land the kids could play on while waiting in line. What a GREAT idea!! The kids loved it...and we loved the air conditioning! They buzzed us after 10 min. which I felt was way too early. Because then we waited in line for 20 min. :confused3 The kids did enjoy Dumbo!

Disney2012237.jpg

Disney2012239.jpg

Disney2012238.jpg

Disney2012241.jpg

Disney2012242.jpg

After this, we went and did our FP for Peter Pan. I just love that ride!!

We were hot and ready to go. We stopped for one Photopass pic. and were on our way back to the hotel.

38395840127.jpg

Disney2012244.jpg

Hi, I just found your TR and got caught up and now I'm going sub. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. And you kids are adorable.

I've never changed plans before. Thank goodness because life could come to an end if I did.:rotfl2: Oh well, it worked out for you so good deal. :cool1:

We went back to our hotel and decided we were all hungry.

One great perk of staying at BC is you are within walking distance to a bunch of different restaurants. So we decided to walk to the boardwalk and hit up the ESPN center!

Since it was later than the normal "lunch rush" we got seated right away. We ordered the Nachos as an appetizer...and they were delicious. That could have been our meal though!!

DH and I both ordered hamburgers and kids both ordered the nuggets. During the middle of the meal...guess what...DS had to go to the bathroom...again! He always picked the most convenient times!! :rolleyes2

Luckily for him...these bathrooms had T.V.'s in them!!! He was in love...I think we sat in there for 20 min.!!!

(I'll spare you the details and not put the picture I took of him watching the t.v.!!)

Disney2012245.jpg

When we headed back to the room...it was getting cleaned so we walked around for a bit. We went and filled our cups and went to walk outside but it was lightning. So we walked back toward our room and sat out on our balcony until she was done.

DS took a short nap. We all showered and got ready. Our original plan for tonight was to head to DHS for EMH. But, we decided for a different option!!! Stay tuned!!

Sorry for the delay in the TR...I got really sick...then school started back...and life has just been crazy!!! Now on with the trip!!

Like I mentioned, we were suppose to go to DHS for EHM, but decided for a different route of travel!! We decided to take a more laid-back approach and do some things we don't usually do!

We left the BC, and headed toward Epcot.

Disney2012248_zpsec321f43.jpg

We casually walked all the way through Epcot to get some pictures in front of the ball! Even DH was in a good mood for once...and went with the flow!

38395840136_zpsf893000e.jpg

38395840134_zpsc68f0577.jpg

Disney2012253-001_zps92ca87a5.jpg

Disney2012249_zps9e1a6d18.jpg

After this, we decided to take a ride on the monorail. DS had seen it several times and wanted to ride it....so we finally decided to make his wish come true!!

He loved it! Even though DD had been on it before...she loved it as well!

Disney2012254_zps973f7fca.jpg

Disney2012255_zps65f52be6.jpg

Once we got off at the transportation center, we decided to take the Ferry to MK.

This seemed to be popular...but to my surprise...it wasn't crowded at all! The kids loved the boat ride. It was very peaceful and nice!

Disney2012256_zpse4c87d2f.jpg

Disney2012257_zps56e12f0c.jpg

Almost there........

Disney2012258_zps28430e82.jpg

Once we got there...we decided to make one more wish for DS come true...ride the Choo Choo train!! He is obsessed...and was in love!! It was a very nice ride!!

Disney2012259_zps28ee9369.jpg

Disney2012260_zps899a3015.jpg

When we got off...it was time for the rides!!

Now the kids wanted to ride...and that we did!

After the train ride, DD wanted to see Rapunzel. I was 99% sure Rapunzel was already "home" for the evening, but to please her, I went to find out. Sure enough, she was done, so I told DD we'll have to try some other time. In two trips...we still haven't met her. :sad: Hopefully next time!

So to please DS, we headed to Tomorrowland...again!! Same plan...different night! He wanted to ride Buzz, so we got FP and headed to the People Mover. We just all really enjoy that ride!

Disney2012261_zps69c86609.jpg

When we got off, I saw Space Mt. only had a 20 min. ride. I was going to ride by myself...when to my surprise I heard a little voice chime in, "I'll ride with you mom!!!" <tear> My little princess was going to try a thrill ride without me forcing her...that's my girl!! :thumbsup2

So DS and DH went and got a smoothie and rode the People Mover again..while we rode!!

I forgot they had updated the ride queue...so we briefly enjoyed some of the new games!

Disney2012269_zps6d63d7b1.jpg

As we got into the main waiting part of SM, Callie announces that she has to go to the bathroom. I was like, "Can't you hold it?" There was NO way we were getting out of line. Being the trooper she is...she said, "Of course!" And she did. I just kept having this fear that she'd get so scared while on the ride and have an accident...so I kept telling her...do not go on the ride...wait til we get to the end! I think she thought I was crazy beings she'd been potty trained since she was 2!!!

I sat behind her...we were in the last two seats. I did not hear one peep out of her the entire ride. And since it's so dark...I couldn't see her...so I wasn't sure if she liked it or not. Until we got off....she replied...."That was Awesome!!" :cheer2: Hooray...I have a thrill ride friend. Now I need to talk her into Rock n Rollercoaster!! Hopefully next trip!

When we got off...it was time for our FP for Buzz. Carson kept saying, "Buzz Shoot" "Buzz Shoot" He's not good at that ride...but boy does he love it!

The dance was going on when we got off...so we took some time to go see that! Kids had fun!

Disney2012264_zps4b1837ef.jpg

Disney2012262_zpsd61f8557.jpg

Carson wasn't so sure at first...but then got into it!

Disney2012263_zps699bbef8.jpg

Disney2012266_zps74ff695c.jpg

Disney2012267_zps8615ceb7.jpg

The fireworks were getting ready to start, so we took advantage and got on the Speedway. There was only a 10 min. wait! Callie was excited because DH let her drive. There was no way I was letting Carson drive!!

Disney2012270_zps42358289.jpg

Disney2012273_zps59fbea34.jpg

Disney2012272_zps7d33b467.jpg

Then it was onto the Tea Cups...no wait!!

Disney2012276_zps3b60f57c.jpg

Disney2012277_zpsfabfde4d.jpg

Pooh only had a 10 min. wait...so off we went!! Kids got to play a bit!

Disney2012275_zpsff6e6e45.jpg

We went back and rode the Tea Cups one more time...and then decided to head back.

The Electrical Parade was going on...so there wasn't a line at the bus!!

DS was exhausted...but we hadn't really eaten so we walked to the Board Walk...but everything was closed. We went back to the room and snacked.

We were in bed by 12:30 and ready for our last day tomorrow. :sad:

I just found your trip report, and I haven't caught up, but I was just curious as to where in central illinois you are?? I am in the Champaign/Urbana area, but I am from Peoria. :) Nice to find someone here from my neck of the woods!

I just found your trip report, and I haven't caught up, but I was just curious as to where in central illinois you are?? I am in the Champaign/Urbana area, but I am from Peoria. :) Nice to find someone here from my neck of the woods!

HI!! :) We live about an hour straight north of Peoria...kind of near Sterling/Rock Falls area!! I actually went to Bradley University!! Thanks for stopping to say hi!!!

How cool! We are in Champaign right now for my DH to finish vet school at UofI. We hope to move back to Peoria. :) My cousin is at Bradley right now. My dad, DS4 an I went to a basketball game a few months back. Small world! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter