Sneaking alcohol into MK

How do you plan on getting it by the bag search? The last few times I have gone to WDW they have been very thorough in checking park bags.

I have nothing agains an adult beverage from time to time, but really? People have to have it so much they will resort to sneaking it into a park? I thought most people outgrew that nonsense by age 20.:sad2:

Yes bags are checked (most of the time just a quick glance) but pockets, jackets are not. Not condoning it but there's a big flaw in "security".

I agree with no alcohol in MK especially after witnessing the drunkeness at F & W last year. Let one park be dry.

Qiute frankly, if you can't manage to spend a day at the MK and not have a drink, your a *ALCOHOLIC*......I suggest your friend gets thier act together and/or get help.

The one time I saw a guy with a can of beer in the MK he was being shuffled into a side door and I would guess out of the park..........family in tow. Of course he did not have the sense to just keep his mouth shut and was putting up a loud fuss.:rotfl2:

AKK

You may have a point there. However, the same thing could be said by all the self inflicted obesity seen at WDW. If you can't go a day without junk food (all things counter service) then you can be labeled a loser as well. With that said, all losers should be treated equally. If you are offended by someone sneaking in their vice, I hope that you do not support the vice that is sending healthcare costs through the roof as well.

"that amount of drunkenness"?? You assume that because he plans to bring a flask, he's going to get DRUNK? :laughing:

Honestly, it wouldn't even be on my radar. If he puts it in his pocket, the bag check isn't going to catch it. Heck, depending on the line he's in and the person manning that line, if he's carrying it in a backpack it may or may not be noticed.

I wouldn't go making a big deal out of this with my friend. I'd just say to him something along the lines of "if you get caught and tossed out of the park I'm going to pretend I don't know you ;)" and that would be the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

No, I am assuming that I can predict his amount of drunkenness based on the fact that we know him well.

Qiute frankly, if you can't manage to spend a day at the MK and not have a drink, your a *ALCOHOLIC*

No, it means you're on vacation and have spent a ton of money to relax and enjoy yourself and want to do what you want to do. However, this does not mean its ok to sneak in alcohol. Since we can't buy alcohol at MK, we take a mid-day break and go back to our resort for a beer and then a nap or pool time on these days.

I guess the same goes for the obese who choose to eat junk as PP mentioned. They are paying the same amount of money anyone else is and if they want to eat popcorn on vacation, who are you to call them a loser? And what does that have to do with sneaking in alcohol?

:confused3 :sad2:

I AM NOT GOING TO DO IT!

But we will be traveling with a friend who has mentioned that he will 'just bring in a flask' when we go to MK. :scared1: I am horrified by this and we have warned him that this is obviously not allowed.

Please tell me what happens though if someone were to attempt this. Will he be kicked out of the parks? Flask taken away? I basically want to warn him again about how ridiculous this idea is.

Thanks!

I've had a similar issue and I had to put my foot down and say if that's what you're going to do, you can do it without being around me!

My guess would be they would confiscate the flask but they could eject them from the park. There really isn't any need to drink alcohol at MK. If you can't spend a day in a theme park without a drink, you probably need to be attending AA not MK!

I understand people like a drink, I do too, but the bottom line is if you can't go without a drink for a day, you have a problem! It's no different than smoking (and before I get jumped on, I smoke but I wouldn't do it in a place where it was banned!) should we just "sneak" a smoke on a ride?

For me, the rules are the rules, take that risk and you take whatever the consequences are. My advice to you would be to distance yourself from them to avoid being ejected with them!

Seeing Sunday night I got hit by a drunk women while driving down the highway minding my own business I'd have to say a resounding NO ! I'd go to a lounge after your day of fun.::sad2:

You may have a point there. However, the same thing could be said by all the self inflicted obesity seen at WDW. If you can't go a day without junk food (all things counter service) then you can be labeled a loser as well. With that said, all losers should be treated equally. If you are offended by someone sneaking in their vice, I hope that you do not support the vice that is sending healthcare costs through the roof as well.

Last I checked, it isn't against MK rules for me to indulge in a churro ;) The point that person was making is that if you are sneaking alcohol into a place where the rules clearly state that you shouldn't have it, then perhaps you should reevaluate your motives -is it because you HAVE to have it?

Regardless - one flask/churro/nachos doesn't make someone a alcoholic/obese OR a loser. :sad2:

No, I am assuming that I can predict his amount of drunkenness based on the fact that we know him well.

Well in that case, I might reconsider my plans to spend a day in the parks (any of the parks) with this person. If he's going to be DRUNK, I wouldn't want him around my kids, regardless of sneaking the alcohol, buying it in a restaurant or whatever.

If he's going to be intoxicated, there's a bigger issue than a flask of alcohol snuck into the MK.

Let me preface my comments with this; I have a wine fridge in my kitchen, I am an avid member of beeradvocate, I attend beerfests regularly, and I have no problem w/ parents who have a drink or two while trick or treating w/ their kids. But, if you cannot spend a day at the Magic Kingdom w/o drinking you have a problem and need to seek help.

Let me start by saying your opening "I'M NOT GOING TO DO IT" made me chuckle. And because I know people who would try to do the same thing. I don't understand it and would, too, be a little embarassed by it. I went to WDW with someone who insisted on breaking the designated smoking areas barriers. It was a little embarassing when she got caught, but not earth shattering at all. If this is an adult, which I assume he/she is, there is nothing you can say or do about what he is going to do. There is no stopping someone who feels they have the right to drink or smoke whenever they want to...believe me, I've tried. I would just simply let them know what can happen and let it go. I don't think Disney would kick everyone in your party out of the park so no need for you to sweat about it. Remember - this is your trip - enjoy it. Don't risk getting into a nasty debate with your friend in Disney. Smoking and drinking should be among those "things you should never discuss" issues (like religion and politics). Good luck & enjoy!!!

Tell him he can get all the booze he wants at any of the other parks, not to mention in all the hotels that surround MK, and the bar at the Wave is open for lunch if he wants to walk over and pound down a few. No need to sneak any in. Unless of course he really wants to do it because of the thrill inherent in flouting the rules and not because he just wants the booze.

And junk food isn't prohibited in the MK. Nobody's going to come up and say "Throw out those nachos, you're too fat and it's offending people." Nor should they. I don't see the parallel.

If he insists, I would stay away from him on MK day. You, AND your daughter. An airline bottle is one thing but this guy wants to bring a flask like it's a college football game. Makes it more likely he'll get caught if you ask me, unless he does all his swigging in the men's room.

I am a social drinker and a fan of all things Disney. That being said I see no harm in taking a little alchohol into MK. However, I can do it and have done it, and not a single person would ever know. That's because I completely understand an buy into Walt's concept for no serving it inside MK. If someone is going to bring enough to get drunk, not hide the fact they have it and in any way flaunt it then they should not do it. They make disposable vinyl flasks that fit in your pocket and I have never had my pockets checked.

I only put it into cups while in the restroom and never get drunk.

Unfortunately many folks feel the need to get really stupid when they drink so most should never attempt such a thing.

My personal feeling is that if you're dispensing your beverage in the bathroom, that should be a message that something is wrong with the situation.

At a client meeting this week I asked about his recent trip to Orlando and he said that he liked Universal better because he could walk around with a beer and his kids were easier to deal with! And he said the beer vendors at AK were too far apart... This surprised me as he is a mild mannered guy but perhaps his kids are not :confused3

LOVE the monorail tour idea - that might be fun sometime since I have never been to or will afford to stay at the Polynesian or Bay Lake Tower... After the grandparents take the kiddos, I may have to consider a cocktail!

Sydnerella's Mama

My personal feeling is that if you're dispensing your beverage in the bathroom, that should be a message that something is wrong with the situation.

I would have to concur! Wow... reminds me of the troubled crowd in Jr High!

Many years ago we spent New Years Eve in the MK and while I didn't indulge plenty of others did. They brought in the tiny bottles and mixed the stuff so that they could toast at midnight. No one got drunk because there isn't enough in those little bottles to do so.

I don't see that drinking is necessary at the MK personally.

I wouldn't go making a big deal out of this with my friend. I'd just say to him something along the lines of "if you get caught and tossed out of the park I'm going to pretend I don't know you ;)" and that would be the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

Yah to that. And I'd make it clear that "pretend I don't know you" means "will walk away without a backward look" not "will wait at a discrete distance so you can rejoin us." I'd also make it clear that I'm there with the kids/fam/people who aren't into drunks, and that he'd get the same treatment for drunkenness. I have a pretty short "if you're vacationing with me" rules list, but "no smoking outside of designated areas" and "no getting drunk unless we're on a bar crawl" are right up there at the top. :p

Help, my life just won't function correctly unless I intoxicate it with alcohol. I cannot have fun any other way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter