Snacks for Stateroom

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by HJD837, Mar 12, 2018.

1. HJD837

HJD837 Earning My Ears

Hi, this is my first cruise ever. I know there is room service, but we have some travelers with food allergies. Is it ok to bring baggies or small containers on the trip so if we find some food in the buffet they can eat, we can bring some things back to the room as snacks for them to have for later? Thanks

2. MelSpees

MelSpees DIS Veteran

Yes, you can bring things back to your room. You just can't take them off the ship.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. Shanti

Shanti Momketeer

It's fine to bring whole plates of food back to your cabin. Don't worry. I don't think you're allowed to dish food directly from the buffet into your private containers, though. You're supposed to always use fresh plates/cups supplied by DCL, to help keep things sanitary. If you see something you want to bag up, put it onto a DCL plate & leave the buffet, first.

5. MelSpees

MelSpees DIS Veteran

If it is a new baggie or clean container I don't think it would make any difference. I would do what you are comfortable with. If there's a problem the CMs will be kind and explain, but I doubt there would be.

6. Ravenne

Ravenne queen is never late Everyone else is simply early

You can order room service as well. Most items on the room service menu are at no additional charge (but it's nice to tip.) The room service menu isn't as vast as the buffet or MDRs, but you might find something allergy friendly on there.

MelSpees likes this.
  7. apathetic

apathetic Mouseketeer

I would definitely just take the dishes off the buffet. There are people who will go nuts if they see you use your own cup at the soda machine. I hate to see what they would do if you brought your own dishes to the buffet.

8. MUN

MUN DIS Veteran

:) Mostly they're on disboards. I've never seen anyone go nuts on the ship during the multiple times I've seen people fill their own cups at the drink machines.

Bellezza2 likes this.
  9. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

I've seen CREW MEMBERS telling people to use the paper cups to fill their own.

Why is it so hard to follow simple instructions that can help keep everyone healthy?

ImprovGal, mmmears and Shanti like this.
  10. Shanti

Shanti Momketeer

These are ship health guidelines, actually. It's not a matter of what individuals feel comfortable doing. Some people even feel comfortable going back to a buffet with a dirty plate and using their used fork to get more food...

mmmears and Dug720 like this.
  11. HJD837

HJD837 Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone. I will fill the clean plate at the buffet and when we sit and eat just put some extras in the baggies for the room if it ends up being needed. Thanks

Shanti likes this.
  12. LWhitt

LWhitt Earning My Ears

We have food allergies and DCL is amazing with my kids! On your first night, tell your server in the dining room and he/she can take your order (including special desserts, preferences, etc) for the rest of your cruise:) We eat all our meals in the dining room (including breakfast and lunch) but on our last cruise, my oldest was 14, and asked them if they could deliver his lunch to cabanas so he could eat with friends- and they did! They have enjoy life products on board- so ask the first night if that's something your child likes (cookies, etc). The staff even made him a special dessert and special birthday cake once that was specific to his food allergies. Have a great cruise!