Snacks for Less

on west call The Grocery Outlet!!! I couldn't live without it! Winco and Costco can't beat it!! But it's not the kind of place you take alist to,cuz you never Know what you might get!! one time I got a boxes of MYSTIC PIZZIA 2 to a box,$3.00,It was the BEST store pizza we ever had but since then no MYSTIC PIZZA[yes from the movie of the same name]

SOMEthing we always bring is a box marshmello treats they don't melt yet they help the sweet tooth!!!! and I want to bring fruit cups!

TinkFlyDiss.gif
castle.gif

Hi all

I saw your chat about Aldi's. I go there once a month to stock up on staples. I don't like some of the things that they have but love most of it. I have six grandchildren to feed snacks to so the apple juice, bananas, and snack crackers are a life saver. My oldest grand is named Austin so he gets a big kick out of the snacks with his name on them.

I have sisters who look their nose down at the place but I don't believe in wasting money. We are recently retired and one of sister's who does not shop at cut rate stores recently filed for bankruptcy so it just shows that different people have different ways. I used to be a major coupon queen until it all went away so I have to look for other ways to scrimp and save so we can do Disney often. We went twice last year and are planning on going twice again this year.

I take a small microwave with us and cook two meals a day in the room and we eat a meal in the parks, or more often at one of the resorts for lunch. Saves money and saves wear and tear on us from not having to fight those early morning and late evening crowds at the food courts. We prefer getting more days rather than more luxury but some people who have less time might prefer the high life. That is what makes Disney great, there is something for everyone.

Linda

we'll eat b'fast in our rooms (except for a couple character b'fasts), and have one sit down meal and 1 counter meal. I don't mind buying the meals-it's blowing $20 on one snack that I hate.

I went to Target today and bought some Valentine Candy treats at 75% off. I bought the ones that weren't too holidayish-plastic cell phones with sweet tarts, some chocolate coins, some candy necklaces, some small bags of jelly bellies (25 cents each!) and a few other treats. I even bought 3 sets of "make your own candy neckalces" for the plane. Junk food? Yeah. But, if it helps the plane ride (we'll leave our house at 10am CA time, and arrive in FL-if all goes well-at 10:30 at night) I'm all for it!

What I have found is if I have "cool" treats, the kids (ages 8, 6 and 4) don't mind not getting a Disney treat. Then when we do splurge for a Disney treat, they're really thrilled.

Julia

First trip: July, 1983
Second trip: April 17-20, Dixie Landings
April 20-28: Orange Lake COuntry Club

Hey my sister just started on the insulin pump and she loves it--by the way she is in Eau Claire. Life with a diabetic is different--hang in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter