Snacking around...

Now this sounds like something I need to try. Is this the snack counter right outside the fantasyland theater?

Yup, it's sold at Maurice's Treat. Make sure to eat it while it's still hot/warm; it tastes best at that point. Once it cools down, it gets pretty chewy (think like the soft pretzels that are yummy when warm, but kind of meh when cold).
DSC_0168_zpsb352ff38.jpg

Yup, it's sold at Maurice's Treat. Make sure to eat it while it's still hot/warm; it tastes best at that point. Once it cools down, it gets pretty chewy (think like the soft pretzels that are yummy when warm, but kind of meh when cold).

That looks amazing. Are there dipping sauces?

People are forgetting to add in a wheelbarrow at the end of the day to get pushed back to their hotels. So much good food, so little time. :)

My mouth is salivating. I haven't been to DLR since 1998 and am so looking forward to gaining about 10lbs while we're there.

We will be eating at PCH Grille, Carnation Cafe, Cafe Orleans, Blue Bayou and I'd like to try the Cove Bar for the lobster nachos and River Belle Terrace for breakfast.

Can anyone recommend what to get at Carnation, Cafe Orleans and BB? It will all be late lunches/early dinners.

:thumbsup2

Can anyone recommend what to get at Carnation, Cafe Orleans and BB? It will all be late lunches/early dinners.

BB: I recommend the Buccaneer's Boneless Short Ribs and a mint julep (non-alcoholic).

Cafe Orleans: I liked the pomme frites and gumbo.

I second the pommes frites at Cafe Orleans, though (sacrilege!) I ask for non-garlic fries because garlic and I aren't good friends.

I love the loaded baked potato soup at Carnation. Hopefully they still have it, as that's a DIS favorite.

My favorite at BB is the surf and turf. Their filet mignon is fabulous! I usually split it with someone. I also love the Monte Cristo if I can share it, but that's a love it or hate it item. The shortribs are yummy but a little heavy for my stomach (which I realize is a silly thing to say after mentioning the Monte Cristo, but I can only eat 1/4 of a MC).

BB: I recommend the Buccaneer's Boneless Short Ribs and a mint julep (non-alcoholic).

Cafe Orleans: I liked the pomme frites and gumbo.

I second the pommes frites at Cafe Orleans, though (sacrilege!) I ask for non-garlic fries because garlic and I aren't good friends.

I love the loaded baked potato soup at Carnation. Hopefully they still have it, as that's a DIS favorite.

My favorite at BB is the surf and turf. Their filet mignon is fabulous! I usually split it with someone. I also love the Monte Cristo if I can share it, but that's a love it or hate it item. The shortribs are yummy but a little heavy for my stomach (which I realize is a silly thing to say after mentioning the Monte Cristo, but I can only eat 1/4 of a MC).

I'm looking forward to the baked potato soup and fried pickles from Carnation. Will most likely be doing the gumbo and pomme frittes at Cafe Orleans and probably the MC at BB. I guess it really depends on how hungry I am and if my dad and I split a plate, which he won't eat the MC lol

Thanks for the tips :)

The potato soup at Carnation is super yummy! Sometimes I just get soup and a salad there. I miss their old menu but I really liked the turkey sandwich last time as well. I wasn't to sure about the pretzel roll but it was better than I imagined.

BB: I love the surf and turf too. But I think it's only available at dinner. And of course a mint julep!

I haven't eaten at Cafe Orleans in years....but Monte Cristo is always good!

I have never even heard of the pork shank! It looks delicious. I've kind of half wanted to try the turkey leg before but never have because I don't like all the tendons in them. The shank looks like a great alternative.

The only treat not already listed that I like is the pretzel stick covered in chocolate and then rolled in M&M's. Yummm.

goooof1 said:
Dole Whip, churros, and my new favorite: cream cheese filled pretzels! YUM!
oh, yeah, caramel apples, marshmallow sticks, giant chocolate chip cookies, .... ...wow, lots! (I could go on and on........) haha

Oh.my.word. cream cheese filled pretzels!?! Im def going to have to try that when we go.

Where do you find the chocolate covered pineapple spear? is it at the Dole whip stand? or in one of the candy shops?

here is my list of snacks for our next trip. some I have not tried yet but they sound yummy and are on our familys list of snacks to try on the next trip.

DL:
One on the apples from the Candy Palace, tigger tail from PoohsCorner, turkey leg ; pork shank and corn on the cob from Eidlewiess; twists and boysen apple drink from Maurices, dole whips, try every flavor of Bengal BBQ (and a few extra Bacon asparagus ones) ; mickey beignets and mint juleps from MJB, baked potatoes from Harour Galley

DCA:
Hand-dipped cones from Clarabells, a sundae fom Ghiridelli; just about everything from the Cozy cones (especially the popcone) ; bread from the bakery

WHY IS IT THAT NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THE BEST SNACK IN ALL OF DLR??? :confused3 DILL PICKLE POPCORN in DCA at one of the Cozy Cones in Carsland!!! :love::love::love:

I'm looking forward to the baked potato soup and fried pickles from Carnation.

Can you take that to go? I was under the impression that Carnation Cafe was a table service. If I can walk up and order like a counter service I would love to try that combo as well!

Oh.my.word. cream cheese filled pretzels!?! Im def going to have to try that when we go.

If they are the same as the ones in WDW they are awesome! However, the last couple of years I've opt'd to get the jalapeno cheese filled pretzels. It's the same concept but with the salty/spicy taste instead of sweet. Soooo good!

While I love the suggestions above, I must say that two of my favorite snacks are purchased out in Downtown Disney. I take the Monorail over and first walk to the Jazz Kitchen Express to get my beignets. I have had the ones in NOS, but the ones here are just better in my opinion. Also, before getting back on the Monorail, I stop off and get a bag of Caramel flavored Kettle Corn. :love:

Totally agree, the Jazz Kitchen biegnets are much better, lighter and fluffier IMHO. Grab a bag and it's steps away from the monorail entrance.

Can you take that to go? I was under the impression that Carnation Cafe was a table service. If I can walk up and order like a counter service I would love to try that combo as well!

If they are the same as the ones in WDW they are awesome! However, the last couple of years I've opt'd to get the jalapeno cheese filled pretzels. It's the same concept but with the salty/spicy taste instead of sweet. Soooo good!

I'm not sure, I haven't been to DLR since 1998 pre DCA lol

Can anyone else chime in on getting to go from Carnation Cafe?

I'm not sure, I haven't been to DLR since 1998 pre DCA lol

Can anyone else chime in on getting to go from Carnation Cafe?

I can't say for certain whether items can be ordered "to go", but Carnation Cafe is a table service venue. My inclination is to say that they do not accept to go orders in most cases. I know that the WDW restaurants are not equip to handle take out orders, so I would kind of assume that DLR venues are the same.

On my last trip a few weeks ago, my dS3 and I discovered the Disney cake pops! DS loved the Monsters Inc. one and I was loving the red velvet Mickey Mouse one (with chocolate covered marshmallow ears!). So moist and yummy!

I also love the loaded baked potato soup at Carbation a cafe and have it every trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter